Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Why I am staying and why ESO will be one the best!

ESO_Maya
ESO_Maya
✭✭✭
Here's a quote from the ESO boss Matt: "We recognize that some of the launch issues—especially black market botting and spam, de-synced quests, and the disappearing bank slot bug—affected the early gameplay experience of a number of players. Fixing these problems required us to take the megaservers offline, costing players time in the game. In recognition of this experience and to show our gratitude to everyone who supported the launch, we are giving an additional five days of included game time to every ESO player who set up an active account prior to 8pm EDT Thursday May 1st and who are currently enjoying their 30 days of included game time. If you’re eligible to receive the five additional days, a confirmation will be sent to your account’s registered email address."

It's posted here: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1st

I will struggle through the bugs, bots and everything else. This is a wonderful game, and I for one will be staying.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This makes 9 days in total then, quite generous of the guys if you ask me.
    Options
  • AlliN
    AlliN
    ✭✭✭
    I've browsed through your posts, and if I did not see a forum mod drone before, I would know I see one now.
    Options
  • ESO_Maya
    ESO_Maya
    ✭✭✭
    The free days are nice of them. The stuff that's coming out later this year is really exciting. Check out the full post I linked :)
    Options
  • robert
    robert
    ✭✭✭
    4 player trials sounds really good as well.
    Options
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Some good things there (and some things that desperately needed attention). Shame there is no mention of reviewing inventory/bank or repair costs, but I guess we all have our bugbears in games.
    Options
  • robert
    robert
    ✭✭✭
    Darzil wrote: »
    Some good things there (and some things that desperately needed attention). Shame there is no mention of reviewing inventory/bank or repair costs, but I guess we all have our bugbears in games.

Not sure what the problem is with either of these really.

Repair costs are, well, repair costs. Not too egregious, imo.

Inventory/bank slots seem adequate considering the upgrades (and number of alts you can run on one account if you are a hoarder, or serious jack-of-all-crafts crafter).
    Options
  • South_of_Heaven
    South_of_Heaven
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I am not going to leave because of the bugs or exploits. Even if duping ran rampart and still exists, I am going to leave because, now in the VR ranks, the game is terribly boring. Not because it's slow but because it's railroaded and they didn't design any further character development for essentially the largest part of the game.
    Edited by South_of_Heaven on May 1, 2014 12:12PM
    Options
  • Krivaan
    Krivaan
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the general consensus seems that it's not just bugs and bots, but the fact that it's a boring, rail roaded game of connect the dots.

And also where veteran ranks are also just a laborious grind through the other faction's content, eliminating any desire to create an alt. I've personally made it to VR4 and I'm feeling worn out, simply because there's no other way to earn worth while Veteran points.

PvP being an AoE zergfest. Where the PvE content in Cyrodiil harbours very little reward, thus rendering it useless.

In conclusion, it's a nice story to go through once and it's not just the problems in the game which people are quitting over, but the way the game is designed at it's very core.

A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A Fool because he has to say something.
    Options
  • South_of_Heaven
    South_of_Heaven
    ✭✭✭
    Krivaan wrote: »
    it's not just the problems in the game which people are quitting over, but the way the game is designed at it's very core.
    +1
    Options
  • aragornis
    aragornis
    ✭✭
    All this stuff to come will come out if game doesnt fail and go to P2P and it could tnx to batman cave
    Options
  • stefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO
    Imperial City PvP dungeon

Ooooo... I smell the dampness of Darkness Falls .... wohooo
    The statement "if you put enough monkeys behind enough typewriters... sooner or later one will produce the works of Shakespeare" has sadly been proven utterly wrong by the internet...
    Options
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am fine as long Matt is talking to the community this way.

All i am expecting is that managers taking actions during hard times while dealing with existing problems. There is no need for marketing phrases just keep on being honest to customers and most of the players will appreciate it and also understand to accept many bugs because its dealt with.
    Edited by Bromburak on May 1, 2014 12:43PM
    Options
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    good news, glad they did this
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
    Options
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    ESO_Maya wrote: »
    Here's a quote from the ESO boss Matt: "We recognize that some of the launch issues—especially black market botting and spam, de-synced quests, and the disappearing bank slot bug—affected the early gameplay experience of a number of players. Fixing these problems required us to take the megaservers offline, costing players time in the game. In recognition of this experience and to show our gratitude to everyone who supported the launch, we are giving an additional five days of included game time to every ESO player who set up an active account prior to 8pm EDT Thursday May 1st and who are currently enjoying their 30 days of included game time. If you’re eligible to receive the five additional days, a confirmation will be sent to your account’s registered email address."

It's posted here: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/01/the-road-ahead---may-1st

I will struggle through the bugs, bots and everything else. This is a wonderful game, and I for one will be staying.

good news if true, and it finally puts ESO in line with what other MMO's have done during their first week...every MMO i've ever played has compensated players for that first week..but it took almost a month to say this?

I like this game still, the fact they are releasing content in craglorn when a good part of the base game is still broken and imbalanced leaves me somewhat concerned, and yesterday's patch left me underwhelmed, although it did fix a good amount.

Since this is a game that I / we are paying a sub fee for, we should really expect them to not only release content, but to fix what is there first. I know they are doing what they can, but personally, crag should be pushed back and more of the base fixed before craglorn comes out no doubt introducing a whole new set of issues.

They also need to release some other MMO friendly features. Yes, in particular the dirty words around here, a global AH. They can keep the guild stores, there's nothing wrong with them, execpt the fact that

1- guilds limited to 500 people is it?
    2- 5 guild max membership -- only reaching max of 2500 people assuming guilds fully populated with actual people and not alts.
    3- hope and pray an item you need is there
    4- keep the store at the banker, no need to add anything else but another option

They can keep the guild stores, and very simply add 2 options to make an auction public, guild only, or both (with auctions going public / both carrying a higher AH cut, and the global AH's are faction specific). If you're a crafter, you'd want to reach the most people possible, not limit yourself to a max of 2500 when you could reach over 10000...better odds of selling an item. I dislike they are forcing people to play a certain way in order to be able to buy items players craft, i also dislike the idea of spamming chat...if you're spamming, you ain't playing...may not be the ideal for the ESO fan, but for an MMO it's crucial for the economy.

right now this game has me just as frustrated with it as it does enjoying it as I'm taking my time...i mean if all i'm seeing is that late game stuff is broken, what's the rush to get there?
    Edited by scruffycavetroll on May 1, 2014 1:32PM
    Options
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The free days are nice of them. The stuff that's coming out later this year is really exciting. Check out the full post I linked :)

Oh right they updated it, thanks for the reminder ;)

Spell crafting sounds fun so does the dye stuff and of course crime and NPC guilds. While I am not the biggest raid guru right now, I see that they are focusing on a wide variety of things which is great.

Curious what´s coming first, I hope for the crime system of course and the dye´s as an RP fan :)
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like there is plenty to keep me busy. I would like a little more to balance out the focus on PvP and big group stuff. I have to play mostly solo because I have to stop often (useless hands). I understand they are working on that now though to keep the endgamers happy. I'm raising four alts and that should keep me busy for a while. Really need a guild store search function soon though. I know there are addons but we should not have to be dependant on addons for fairly basic game functions.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Razour
    Razour
    ✭✭✭
    5 free days is meaningless if I can't actually progress due to the bugs in the main quest line.
    ╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    αӡѻυг
    ╠══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣
    Bosmer Nightblade
    Clothier 50 | Wood Worker 50 | Black Smith 50 | Provisioner 50 | Alchemist 50 | Enchanter 50
    ^^^ Now Recruiting ^^^
    ╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Options
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing beta since September. I signed up for a 6 month sub. I certainly see no reason to change that. It was fun and rewarding to help make the game better in beta and when it is time to renew my 6 month sub these launch jitters will have faded into memory and I will similarly enjoy having been part of wading through them. Onward!
    Options
  • Sandhya
    Sandhya
    ✭✭✭
    Krivaan wrote: »
    Well, the general consensus seems that it's not just bugs and bots, but the fact that it's a boring, rail roaded game of connect the dots.

And also where veteran ranks are also just a laborious grind through the other faction's content, eliminating any desire to create an alt. I've personally made it to VR4 and I'm feeling worn out, simply because there's no other way to earn worth while Veteran points.

PvP being an AoE zergfest. Where the PvE content in Cyrodiil harbours very little reward, thus rendering it useless.

In conclusion, it's a nice story to go through once and it's not just the problems in the game which people are quitting over, but the way the game is designed at it's very core.

Though I do recognize the 'being worn out' of questing, every day I come back to doing it I do find some new stuff that is interesting to do or see. What I've learned is that in this game you need to let go of the idea of 'getting to cap' and just play through the zones at a comfortable pace. Let's face it, at level 50 you've got sufficient experience to make some nice builds, but it is in VR content that you truly get tested in terms of sustainability and survivability. There is also the misconception that VR 1-10 is 'endgame' because it is not, it is just part of the levelling process. And looking at it that way, I feel ESO offers the most enticing levelling process on the market. I'm past the idea that farming or grinding 40000 mobs to level is even remotely entertaining or relaxing - but I really do like the way ESO does it. If I want to grind I can still do it, but it won't advance me in content. Just fine to me.

Your general consensus is exactly that: yours. N=1.
    Options
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in no hurry to get all this fine new stuff. I'm going to be a long term subscriber.

I'd much rather they get what exists working first. Then they can figure out a working testing/QAA process as PTS has been a failure and QAA didn't deal with issues raised months ago.

Then they can deliver new content that works.

I don't want new content in the same state this initial release was in. ESO, if it wants to be a premium sub game, needs to rebuild a reputation for quality to attract back players already lost.

It cannot afford any more shoddy quality releases. There is a game underneath all the problems that deserves better and deserves to be a premium sub game.
    Options
  • crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess if it takes you about a week per level, then you could be complacent with the state of the game.
    Options
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    People will apparently not be satisfied no matter what.

Good initiative from Matt.
    Options
  • Krivaan
    Krivaan
    ✭✭✭
    Sandhya wrote: »
    Though I do recognize the 'being worn out' of questing, every day I come back to doing it I do find some new stuff that is interesting to do or see. What I've learned is that in this game you need to let go of the idea of 'getting to cap' and just play through the zones at a comfortable pace. Let's face it, at level 50 you've got sufficient experience to make some nice builds, but it is in VR content that you truly get tested in terms of sustainability and survivability. There is also the misconception that VR 1-10 is 'endgame' because it is not, it is just part of the levelling process. And looking at it that way, I feel ESO offers the most enticing levelling process on the market. I'm past the idea that farming or grinding 40000 mobs to level is even remotely entertaining or relaxing - but I really do like the way ESO does it. If I want to grind I can still do it, but it won't advance me in content. Just fine to me.

Your general consensus is exactly that: yours. N=1.

'Consensus' means the general opinion/agreement of the masses, not my personal opinion. It's what I've read in countless posts over the last month.

I'm feeling worn out because there's nothing else to do but quest for veteran points. I'd like to do something else that gains me just as many Vet points, just so I can break the tedium once in a while.
    Edited by Krivaan on May 1, 2014 1:44PM
    A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A Fool because he has to say something.
    Options
  • Udaku
    Udaku
    ✭✭

Yes, that's what sailors said before sirens sunk their ships and ate them. Lame excuse to grow a pair and unsubscribe for a 5 lousy days. If they were good, they would give 5 days to all, active and canceled subscribers no matter the reason. No additional time of whole universe can fix the damage they done.

I just hope that this game, in the near future, will live up to our expectation and become one of the best buy to play, sub. free games. It will release the pressure and demands from both sides of the game.

Edited by Udaku on May 1, 2014 1:43PM
    Boycott, oppose & unsubscribe!
    Options
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    the worst thing is they're only giving to subscribers....EVERYONE who's played the first month has been effected, they really should give this to every account.
    Udaku wrote: »

Yes, that's what sailors said before sirens sunk their ships and ate them. Lame excuse to grow a pair and unsubscribe for a 5 lousy days. If they were good, they would give 5 days to all, active and canceled subscribers no matter the reason. No additional time of whole universe can fix the damage they done.

I just hope that this game, in the near future, will live up to our expectation and become one of the best buy to play, sub. free games. It will release the pressure and demands from both sides of the game.

i was actually gonna say that everyone should get this, not just subscribers, since ALL who played were effected.
    Options
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 days? Should be a whole month!
    Options
  • drakuel1ub17_ESO
    I am staying.. But not because of anything he said. In fact it is what he has not said that concerns me.. It is easy to throw out a "wish list" and say they are going to do this and that..

The fact is I want to see serious action on issues that have plagued this game since early beta.. It was acceptable in beta for it is beta and they have deadlines, but that is over now.. Now I want systems that are half baked and full of issues finished, before releasing even more systems and more bugs and half done ideas onto us..

I subbed a year showing my loyalty and respect I have for the team and this title, now I want to see true action on finishing and fixing these core issues and bring some "meat" to their half done systems like grouping, item repair and decay, combat, trade etc.
    Options
  • Wintermist
    Wintermist
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the extra days and it gives them some more time to prove themselves worthy of a subscription.
    Edited by Wintermist on May 1, 2014 2:06PM
    Options
  • Chanz
    Chanz
    ✭✭
    Agreed. Everybody needs to get 5 days, even those who have unsubscribed.
    Options
  • Wintermist
    Wintermist
    ✭✭✭
    Chanz wrote: »
    Agreed. Everybody needs to get 5 days, even those who have unsubscribed.

What do you mean, don't everyone who are playing their game included days get these?
    Options
This discussion has been closed.