Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread For High Isle Preview Event

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for tuning in for the High Isle Preview stream. If you're still looking for more information, the post-show live stream is going on right now on Twitch.com/Bethesda. The VOD of the main show and new trailer will also be up on YouTube later today.

Now that you've gotten a better glimpse at High Isle, we want to know what you think. We have a poll below, similar to the poll from the Global Reveal event. Feel free to give your constructive feedback or questions regarding information shared in the livestream.

Your constructive feedback will let us know what information we can better clarify regarding anything mentioned during the preview event.

*Friendly reminder to keep the Community Rules in mind when replying. Thank you!
id6r343gy7bj.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on May 4, 2022 6:24PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter

Official Feedback Thread For High Isle Preview Event 360 votes

Very excited for High Isle
19% 71 votes
Mixed feelings about High Isle
24% 89 votes
Want something different from High Isle
55% 200 votes
Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you please delve more into Drudism, and what Galen is? Will we be able to get special variants of cards, like golden or holographic cards?
    Edited by Aliyavana on April 14, 2022 8:45PM
  • TheCommentator
    TheCommentator
    ✭✭✭
    Currently no mention of a new trial which is a bit of a shame. But maybe we will see this on the PTS?
    New Zone looks great though!
    In terms of tales of tribute, it shows potential however I would personally like a more polished UI
    Edited by TheCommentator on April 14, 2022 8:52PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the data to watch live streams, but that's fine, I'm looking forward to the chapter anyway.

[@ZOS_Kevin, could you check to see if there's some way to set up a toggle for the huge bank of stickied threads - it would be a nice QOL touch if once one has read those stickied threads that are of interest to one, one could toggle the area closed and have more normal threads displayed.]
    Edited by Sylvermynx on April 14, 2022 8:50PM
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the card game but feel like something else should have been added with it.

New lore themed colors for staves and class magic like Purple/Black for Nightblades.

A new skill line that delves into something new like druids.

I like the card game and followers but again, feel like there should have been a few more minor things to be added to make the chapter really exciting.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm truly happy that it's pretty... blackwood was ugly
  • bvburnes
    bvburnes
    Thank you, I enjoyed the Stream. Just a question. My wife really wanted to watch the stream today, but she had to take my daughter to the doctor. Is there a way I can give my wife my purple torchbug? She was so excited about it.

Thank you,
    B
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bvburnes wrote: »
    Thank you, I enjoyed the Stream. Just a question. My wife really wanted to watch the stream today, but she had to take my daughter to the doctor. Is there a way I can give my wife my purple torchbug? She was so excited about it.

Thank you,
    B

There's recap streams where you can grab it still. Check your twitch inventory to see when recap streams are scheduled
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much time spent on presenting the card game instead of other features!

The presentation got boring quite fast, the card game is very complex and could have been explained in a separate stream for people who are interested in it. I am sure most viewers would have loved to see more about the new companions, places, aesthetics and sets or other visuals. Wasted opportunity!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing was really mentioned about the chapter, currently just this card game and the two companions, even that was glossed over. Whats the point of watching tbh.

Wheres the show of the chapter lands/map, area, bit of the story, walking around the area. Mention of the trial, public dungeons?

The card game looks fussy and abit boring, I dont like being negative but really disappointing chapter.

What I really want, is a fix of cyrodiil, new class, new weapons, new skill lines, more character slots....
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the card game:

I just hope it wont be forced upon us / required , to get what next BiS Mythic set is etc.

I do think that a Card game may kinda flop. And the reason for that is quite simple. Who Plays ESO ? What ESO player base consists from ? TES Solo players, MMO PvE Players and PvP Players. I don't think that this game (ESO) attracts many Hearthstone or Magic: The Gathering or any other competitive card game Players out there.

So that is kind like um... giving a CoD or Counter-Strike player (FPS) a racing game and expect them to enjoy it... It may not work... :|
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 14, 2022 9:16PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So,

The new Breton architecture is gorgeous and I might fall in love with the Player Hub. I agree with your Art guy, High Isle is going to be VERY pretty. Also the verdant dense forests have been a desire from me for years. You gave us a taste of it with that small area in Summerset, so I hope these forests are much larger. I like to get lost in them.

I'm certain it's been designed as a major plot point in the Questline but I'm not really on board with the other island being one big Prison.

Again, I'm quite excited for the new visuals and architecture. PLEASE, I beg you, please have the new Player Hub city be dense and crowded with tight corners.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit are cool.

Those are the words this one was most pleased to hear.

But she would also like to have seen a bit about new houses and furnishings.

She will see those in Test Tamriel on Monday she excpects though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • bruta
    bruta
    ✭✭✭
    stream viewership dropped fast, almost by half since they started cards presentation. I don't think this expansion will do so well in pre-orders
  • ManM
    ManM
    ✭✭✭
    If I wanted to play cards, I would be playing cards rather than ESO. I have zero interest in a card game in ESO, and I truly hope they don't gate mythic leads or anything like that behind it. I'm here to play ESO, not cards. I can't emphasize that strong enough.
    Really, the card game idea is just awful, and I hope that it is actually a low effort feature intended to free up developer time to work on a proper gameplay addition for next year. That said, I'm looking forward to a beautiful zone and a fresh story. I just really hope I can ignore the card game thing.
  • LogicOfLiam
    LogicOfLiam
    ✭✭✭
    Just have 1 question for Tales Of Tribute; firstly very excited for it! (It seems I am part of a niche crowd who is). Secondly a question I saw in the stream that wasnt answered @ZOS_GinaBruno was can we spectate other players whilst they play?

I'd love to set up small I'm house tournaments, but it would be a shame if we can't watch the game getting played 🙄
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bruta wrote: »
    stream viewership dropped fast, almost by half since they started cards presentation. I don't think this expansion will do so well in pre-orders

That drop was to be expected. There IS a playerbase for card games, but how were they supposed to make it exciting enough for people to keep watching after they already saw the preview and trailer? I'm not particularly interested either but I still bought the Chapter anyway.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Vedova
    Vedova
    ✭✭
    Watched the stream, was not as informative as should have been.

Looking forward to the companions and the questing of the new area, shame the presenters did not talk about that as to me that would been a lot more appealing than the card game

The card game looks overly complicated, dull and quite lame, i cant see me bothering with it, seems a feature this game did not need, and well waste of a main feature for the chapter.

If the presenters had talked about more, and shown a lot more of the other content of the chapter than playing cards for an hour may have kept my interest perked, but nah. Chapter and story, quests, over land and exploring be wonderful im sure , but the card game ill give it a miss. Not for me.
  • TheCommentator
    TheCommentator
    ✭✭✭
    Should have discussed everything on Alcasts page, found here:
    https://eso-hub.com/en/dlc/high-isle

All sets
    mythics
    ect
    Edited by TheCommentator on April 14, 2022 9:43PM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the card game but you spent WAY too long showing the card game, was hoping to see some of the other things as well but I guess we just wait till PTS now.

I'm concerned that the card game rewards are tied to only leaderboards but that requires a healthy playerbase to actually be playing the card game so if there isnt very many players, what then? I'm still playing ES Legends but that playerbase is very small now and its very hard to find a game to play... I hope that doesnt happen here.

PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    The card game should be more arcade-like with flashing colored lights and bleep bloop sounds. I'm serious. Look at Rift's Minions ingame card game. That was fun just for the special effects. This is way too bland.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any skill line associated with the card game?
  • Arthtur
    Arthtur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That card game presentation took too much time. All those explanations made it look more hard than it is.

Also we only got some info about lore and card game.
    What about new trial? New furnishings? New houses? New sets?

So about preview - it was just bad. Focused too much on the most controversial addition while ignoring the rest.

About card game:
    Overall doesnt look that bad. Its nice to have something to do in houses. BUT it shouldnt be the main system of new chapter.
    So for me its weak.

Lore - i'm not interested so no opinion on that.

Overall: Im not buying the chapter until its a looooooot cheaper. Trial and motifs arent worth paying full price of chapter....
    PC/EU @Arthtur

Toxic Tank for the win :x
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stream was rather disappointing, to be honest. I've played about 10 hours of the early access preview, and I know that High Isle is flipping amazing. It's absolutely beautiful, the storylines are great - I probably spent about 2 hours just wandering round the island filling in the map.

The pre-recorded part of the stream, with CJ, Rich, and Taylor, was fine - just (as ever) too fast to take in properly. But I feel that focusing solely on Tales of Tribute for the live part of the stream was a mistake. Usually in these things, you do the fast pre-recorded presentation followed by Jess, Gina, and guests from the studio going through everything more slowly in detail.

If I was in charge of the programme, I'd have gone through the exciting features of the new zone. There are Noble Houses! There are Druids! There are two rival Noble Houses and three groups of Druids! Here's Gonfalon Bay, look how well-designed it is for players to live in! Here's a castle! There are three different orders of Knights! Here's a Druid circle! Here's a Druid village! Look at these cliffs, look at this grassland, look at these beaches. Aren't they gorgeous? Here's a Volcanic Vent, look at these enemies that you have to fight!

But instead of hyping up the new Chapter, they just showed Tales of Tribute in the dreariest manner possible. I don't quite know how they managed to do that. Maybe that should have been pre-recorded and edited as well. The game itself is kinda fun to play, even against the NPC opponents - and will likely be super fun against actual humans on voice chat.

I'm looking forward to an ESO Live stream with Loremaster Leamon Tuttle. I hope they manage to get him to discuss the Lore of High Isle before the game is released, because it's fascinating.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had the stream playing while I did other work, but the Twitch system shows I completed 0% of it. Anyone else get this result? No pet for me it looks like.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already have high iles - elk is cool (and either way will purchase it, so way wait)... that doesn't mean i'm exited for a card game as main feature (or as any feature to be honest, but can understand that decision).

About the stream. Well, i haven't stopped eso official stream from long time, but it was getting too long "and decks... and this card... and that card... and so exiting... and ..." and left me with the feeling that there isn't any other content in this chapter except khajiit companion(cool), brienne(GoT) companion and card game...
    And i was hoping to see a bit more of the new lands/buildings and glimpse of the story and characters.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @FlopsyPrince Please place a ticket in with Customer Service about this issue. They should be able to help you out.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @FlopsyPrince Please place a ticket in with Customer Service about this issue. They should be able to help you out.

I will do that, thanks!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • HauteclereM
    HauteclereM
    ✭✭
    I wanted to see more about the other things in the upcoming update. The new trial, a preview of the land, characters, etc. Just kind of tuned out at the card game section.

Felt like 30mins of content, 1h of card games? And I'm not even hating on the card game, it's interesting, but totally not a main draw for me especially when I still have 0 context about how it actually feels to play.

Kind of disappointed we have to turn to other content creators to get more any information about the all the new sets, mythics, companions, etc. (which look awesome).
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie, I would have been more excited to know more about the base game and QoL updates.

The card game was a snooze fest and I would have prefered the resources spent on developing it to have gone into speeding up the re-architecturing bit.

Overall, not impressed.
  • Madarc
    Madarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very disappointed. The presentation was the most boring I have ever seen from Bethesda. The focus was on the card game. Very little info on what's new, respsctively, hardly anything you didn't already know. This makes me suspect how exciting the actual game is (which hopefully comes with the purchase of the card game).
    This stream was a very clumsy promotional event that certainly doesn't do the game any good. I'm glad I didn't pre-order.

Edited by Madarc on April 14, 2022 10:07PM
    Ich wünsche mir in TESO für alle meine Charaktere: Ein Kostüm, auf dessen Rücken in fetten neongrün strahlenden Buchstaben steht:
    ARKANIST, geh mir aus dem Weg.. du leuchtender Sozialkontakt !