The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread For High Isle Preview Event

• shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't trust that the card game isn't just another crown store cash grab. It's the only new thing we are getting and they have to make it pay somehow.

If the previews are designed to make a person want to buy the game, it didn't work.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    I am curious about the more interesting rewards for playing the card game, such as furnishings. I could be wrong here, but it almost sounded like they will be gated behind winning within a pvp/leader board playstyle. Is this true? What does the reward structure actually look like? With enough time spent just simply playing the game, regardless of how much I win or lose, can I still get all the higher tier rewards?

Now that would make me furious. I hate having to compete over stuff. If only the most uber card players can get furniture of some kind, that would just zugg something fierce.

They didn't say that specifically though, only that PvP-carding would give rewards when ranked, as I understood it. It may be just more chrystals or gold or somesuch. I am okey with that, if that is the case. ;)
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    How long does it take for the drops form watching the event to actually appear in game?

Just wondering as its been 2 days, going on 3rd, is it bugged?

My accounts are linked and Twitch shows I earned and claimed drops.

I got mine almost immediately... :/
  • Synaptic
    Synaptic
    ✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »

Use less superlatives - less hyping how AMAZING you think your game is. 99% of the people who watch this thing already play the game, so we already know what it is. We just groan when we hear the same dried up and shrivelled market spiel we've been hearing for years now. Just get on with it, and actually tell us about the new expansion. We do not need the "OUR GAME IS JUST SOOOOOO AMAZING!!!!" nonsense at the beginning.

As for the presentation itself, please stop doing the "the audience is a fly on the wall listening to a discussion taking place between the devs" type thing. It's cringy as hell. It's not a real discussion. It doesn't sound like a believable conversation taking place between people who worked on the damn thing. It just comes across so fake that it hurts.

I really hate this fad in marketing - the ones Bethesda makes for Starfield are already painfully dumb to watch, but this one was even worse. And so much time was wasted on pointless fake chatter, instead of actually going over the specifics of the next chapter's offerings. You know, the actual things we want to hear about.

So to re-cap: Just tell us about the expansion - don't waste time on silly lines about "Let's do something pretty again."

This part was so cringe but I'm pretty sure the entire length of the stream was pre-recorded.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit are cool.
    Yep, they are awesome. But I think that they are slowly starting to become um... a bit "overused" by the devs. Caska Is probably the most interesting Khajiit NPC out there, so I am glad to see her again as a returning NPC. With that said, whenever there is a new content there is at least one Khajiit NPC as a returning NPC (and it does not matter what the content is). Since the next story will be kinda about sailing, I am surprised that there are no returning Argonian NPCs (like Captain One-Eye for example). I mean, technically, in a world of ESO, if you were a ship captain you would actually want to have as many Argonians as posible in your crew as they are the best candidates for the sailors (breathing underwater, faster swimming etc).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 17, 2022 4:29PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't read all comments so maybe it's already been asked. It was said they learned from the feedback around the the first two companions and made some adjustments and improvements. Will Bastian and Mirri also be adjusted or just will only the two new ones benefit from this?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    I haven't read all comments so maybe it's already been asked. It was said they learned from the feedback around the the first two companions and made some adjustments and improvements. Will Bastian and Mirri also be adjusted or just will only the two new ones benefit from this?

I expect that MIrri and Bastian are unchanged. They did not say they were changed, and it would be out of character for them to go back and update released content, especially without saying so.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hearing that some of the "cool" rewards will be locked behind that card game i have zero interest in playing made me want to buy high isle even less.

Reasoning: Knowing ZoS, they will put Card packs or other things in the Shop and it could, at worse case, become pay2win.
    Also: locking "cool" rewards behind the card game makes it feel like they want to force us to play it so, on paper, it looks like players enjoy it.

I really do NOT look forward to high isle. It is more like a medium size patch than a entire Chapter and the asked price is very much to high for what little we get.
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    mmh... Okay. So here's my feedback. Sorry, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Use less superlatives - less hyping how AMAZING you think your game is. 99% of the people who watch this thing already play the game, so we already know what it is. We just groan when we hear the same dried up and shrivelled market spiel we've been hearing for years now. Just get on with it, and actually tell us about the new expansion. We do not need the "OUR GAME IS JUST SOOOOOO AMAZING!!!!" nonsense at the beginning.

Also the "millions of players" is just missleading. Millions of registered accounts, yes, but Eso has 200k-300k active players at best.

They appear desperate to get people hyped for high isle but they achieve the exact opposite in said desperation.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Reposting from another thread and hope to get some clarification from ZOS - must we play the card game to make progress in some of the quests?

Okay, so this one was reading the card game details from https://eso-hub.com/en/guides/tales-of-tribute-guide

The game makes more sense now, but still sounds stressful. What if you are terrible at the game and lose all your cards?

Also, this line is a bit worrying

“Players can also make progress on quests when playing against NPCs.”

Does that mean some quests require compulsory card playing to complete the quest?? This one hopes he is wrong

To clarify, these are quests related to Tales of Tribute. You o
    @ZOS_Kevin can you please check on this question?
    Reposting from another thread and hope to get some clarification from ZOS - must we play the card game to make progress in some of the quests?

Okay, so this one was reading the card game details from https://eso-hub.com/en/guides/tales-of-tribute-guide

The game makes more sense now, but still sounds stressful. What if you are terrible at the game and lose all your cards?

Does that mean some quests require compulsory card playing to complete the quest?? This one hopes he is wrong

So we should have more info on this in the PTS patch notes today. However just to clarify, no questlines outside of the Tales of Tribute questline will require you to play to complete a quest. Questlines are not gated behind Tales of Tribute, so if you do not wish to engage in the system, you don't have to.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Eormenric wrote: »
    I bolded your sentence @ZOS_Kevin because it points out that feedback on the High isle chapter as a whole is not only unwanted but won't be forwarded to the appropriate parties. The only thing this thread is looking for is feedback on presentation of information--not the information itself--and that is such a let down.

I wanted to address this line specifically to clarify. I wrote that line specifically because we are looking for specific feedback with this thread. Specifically, feedback on the presentation and the information contents of the presentation. Most players have not been able to play High Isle yet, so asking for your feedback when a very limited amount of players have not experienced the chapter is the best use of the thread.

We have PTS starting today to start collecting feedback for High Isle overall from players.

So to wrap up, the sentence wasn't formed to say we don't want honest feedback. We have other avenues for that, like the PTS threads that will be shared. But feedback from the thread will be used not only to share feedback on what players think about the information shared specifically in the presentation, but how it was shared.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on April 18, 2022 2:53PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    <snipped for brevity>

So we should have more info on this in the PTS patch notes today. However just to clarify, no questlines outside of the Tales of Tribute questline will require you to play to complete a quest. Questlines are not gated behind Tales of Tribute, so if you do not wish to engage in the system, you don't have to.

Thank you! That is exactly what I wanted to know.

• Zephiran23
    Zephiran23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who is your audience supposed to e for the 3 developer chat segment. Possible players, new players, occasional players or regular players. I don't think the same presentation is going to work for all of them, but the approach needs to be different and it fell somewhere towards the 1st 2 groups I listed.

TOT explanation - this was awkward and hard to follow if you did check what other players were saying in chat, distracting you from everything being said by the presenters. I don't think this kind of thing is easy to explain without a hands on experience. The basics of Antiquities could be picked up pretty quickly, the exploding the vents needs a bit more familiarity. This has way more components and for those of us that don't/haven't played these kind of games before, became confusing and because everything was done so slowly became confusing.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit are cool.
    Yep, they are awesome. But I think that they are slowly starting to become um... a bit "overused" by the devs. Caska Is probably the most interesting Khajiit NPC out there, so I am glad to see her again as a returning NPC. With that said, whenever there is a new content there is at least one Khajiit NPC as a returning NPC (and it does not matter what the content is). Since the next story will be kinda about sailing, I am surprised that there are no returning Argonian NPCs (like Captain One-Eye for example). I mean, technically, in a world of ESO, if you were a ship captain you would actually want to have as many Argonians as posible in your crew as they are the best candidates for the sailors (breathing underwater, faster swimming etc).

I don't remember any major returning Khajiit NPC's in Morrowind, Clockwork City, Greymoor, Blackwood. Razum was in Summerset and Elsweyr. Am I missing others?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I don't remember any major returning Khajiit NPC's in Morrowind, Clockwork City, Greymoor, Blackwood. Razum was in Summerset and Elsweyr. Am I missing others?

Adara’hai shows up in Southern Elsweyr after her initial appearance in the Maw of Lorkaj. Captain Jimila shows up in a few DLC. We could probably count the shadow of Rahjin, even though it was a different shadow in Grahtwood than in Northern Elsweyr.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have PTS starting today to start collecting feedback for High Isle overall from players. .
    And so it begins--> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/603045/pts-patch-notes-v8-0-0

(be careful of *STORY spoilers* in there ^ :/ )
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Ariont wrote: »
    While I enjoyed watching the stream, I was really disappointed when I went to collect my crate and torchbug. So poor planning strikes again in that the purple torchbug has been a reward sometime in the previous years stream. if you already have it in your collection from then you get NOTHING for the reward this time. Even worse I got an email today saying that I had collected my pet. I got NOTHING but disappointment. I don't know how hard it would have been to offer one with a different color so that people could at least have a collection of different ones collected over various streams of this sort.

Hey, hey, don't fret, you got two crates full of garbage too! ;)

(To be fair I did get ten gems out of selling everything I got...)

the gems add up friend. and they're free. ;-D

5-10 gems a year do add up, but not very fast. :p

true. In the olden days there were more crates so it wasn't so sad.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So to wrap up, the sentence wasn't formed to say we don't want honest feedback. We have other avenues for that, like the PTS threads that will be shared. But feedback from the thread will be used not only to share feedback on what players think about the information shared specifically in the presentation, but how it was shared.

The shifting camera angles was disturbing. Your presenters look odd staring off into space while you shoot them from below and to the side. Shots on people not speaking is not good. This isn't art, it's presentation and it should be clear who's who and who's speaking.

A sound check would be helpful. People were calling it out in chat but apparently no one was scanning chat.

Your older livestreams were set up better and were more engaging. This one was forced seeming and lackluster.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has probably been said many times already, but the live part of the show was pretty bad.
    It was a bad idea to start off with the card game, simply because that took up so much time and it's something completely different to be playing a card game yourself and to watch someone play a card game, so it was especially boring. People who pointed that out on stream got their messages swiftly deleted, which isn't surprising but they also aren't wrong about it.

After I got my drops and Jess' mic still hadn't been fixed despite tons of people talking about it in chat I turned off the stream. It was so scuffed that I haven't bothered checking out the rest of it, mainly because I know that there aren't any other features and the info on the sets and such would find its way to me one way or another anyway (which it did).

The presentation of the card game itself was good, or rather as good as it could be given the technical issues and poor timing of it. If you had started out by showing the zone, some item sets, talking more about the lore and ended on the demonstration of the card game it would have been an entirely different stream.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To clarify, these are quests related to Tales of Tribute. You o
    @ZOS_Kevin can you please check on this question?

Thank you @ZOS_Kevin for this clarification!
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The actual chapter story and location looks great and I’m excited to play it and get the new companions. I am not however excited for the card game, in fact I will avoid it at all costs. Do not lock things we need for the real game behind the card game.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The actual chapter story and location looks great and I’m excited to play it and get the new companions. I am not however excited for the card game, in fact I will avoid it at all costs. Do not lock things we need for the real game behind the card game.
    You won't need anything, but I bet you're going to WANT a bunch of stuff. New fancy chandelier? Locked behind the card game as a seasonal limited reward. It's fine for me, I like card games and this one looks interesting, but I'm not sure on how I'm going to deal with 20 min long matches AND playing the rest of the game. I have limited playtime.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus was on card game for which I have zero interest, so, that's wait and see for me.
    Edited by DreamyLu on April 21, 2022 4:24AM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Wanted to thank everyone for their honest feedback here. We are going through this feedback to see how we can improve these events in the future. Please feel free to continue to give feedback if you have it. Thanks, everyone.
    Staff Post
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Funny, people have been telling others who want nothing to do with PvP but wanted to quest or get Skyshards or fish in Cyro to suck it up and deal with it because "ZOS wants everyone to experience all parts of the game". But now people are saying not to lock content behind the card game. Which, mind you, isn't stuff you need. Transmute Crystals can be obtained from other sources, as can all other rewards save for certain Collectibles like the Pet or furniture specifically tied to ToT achievements.

As for the stream itself, I'd like to agree that some parts were sort of...eh, I don't want to say cringey because that feels mean, but that's probably the best way to explain it. Just the way certain things were worded, like they were trying to explain things to a younger audience? I don't really know what the best way to describe it is.

Also, during the ToT tutorial, I can't remember the names of the people who were doing the match, but one of them sounded very *moist* whenever he spoke. You could hear the saliva in his mouth as he was talking and it was almost enough to make me stop watching. I despise mouth sounds though, so maybe that's why it bothered me so much, but perhaps in the future you should advise that everyone try to keep their mics a bit further from their mouths to help cut down on or avoid that sort of thing.

Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I expect that MIrri and Bastian are unchanged. They did not say they were changed, and it would be out of character for them to go back and update released content, especially without saying so.

@Elsonso @Snamyap
    From what I recall, ZoS mentioned recording some additional dialogue variety for the companions (i.e. Mirri +Bastian). I don't think that their quests or other companion attributes (skills, favor issues, quests etc.) would be affected though.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

From what I recall, ZoS mentioned recording some additional dialogue variety for the companions (i.e. Mirri +Bastian). I don't think that their quests or other companion attributes (skills, favor issues, quests etc.) would be affected though.
    @Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    The impression I got was that they made the dialog changes to the new ones (Companions 2.0) but they said it in a way sounded like they did not make those changes backwards to the original 1.0 versions. I guess someone on PTS will have to report back, because I don't expect ZOS will answer with information about this.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gaeliannas
    Gaeliannas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit are cool.

Argonians may be the better choice, but it is a lot more fun to watch a cat fall in the water. ;)
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In response to the OP: I watched parts of the reveal on YouTube a few days after the stream. "Parts" because it was just too long. I found myself trying to find the portions that interested me (companions, gear, combat changes) and skip the parts that did not interest me (the card game). In the end, I gave up after watching roughly 10 minutes of content. What I saw seemed well-done. Unlike others, I wasn't bothered by the staged conversation. However, I simply didn't have the time or the interest to watch the whole thing. Perhaps there was a time-stamp index to content somewhere, but I didn't see it. A separate, shorter summation would have been nice. Perhaps also relevant: nothing I saw inclined me to buy the chapter.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, very unimpressed. [snip] I believe there was a line similar to "You can't talk about Bretons without talking about Druids." Where does that come from? I scoured all of the Elder Scrolls history I could find, and the only mention of Bretons and Druids is related to this new chapter. It seems that this new backstory was just pulled out of thin air, as opposed to building on some well-established and widely understood history. There were plenty of other examples of this kind of thing that created a sense of no confidence in the ability of the people at the helm to steer this ship in a direction I would enjoy. As a result, the video made me feel like I made the right decision in not pre-ordering the chapter. I don't think that's the desired effect, though, of this kind of reveal.

This thread is requesting feedback on the format of the show, vs feedback on the chapter itself. It's hard to divorce the two, though. Was the show effective? How do you gauge its effectiveness? To some degree, you could say that even if it made you predisposed to hating the new chapter, it still provided the information for you to come to that conclusion effectively. I suppose. However, my guess is that a better metric would be, did this show make you excited to continue buying and subscribing? And the answer to that is, no. There was little that I could point to and say "that was an honest communication that targeted things I felt were important." [snip]

I understand the need to sell chapters. You can't spend a whole year without giving the art department something to do, for instance, or you'll have 100 idle hands that need to be paid. That directly implies the need to make new content. I get that. The downside is that this runs counter to a general community feel of "do we really need more content when there are so many existing problems?" And the show seemed very ignorant of that feeling, instead focusing entirely on trying to convince the viewer that new content is a good thing. To me, it isn't, and this predisposes me to disliking whatever I see. I'm still angry about the loss of achievement tracking [snip]. So shows like this don't really improve upon that stance in any useful capacity.

What I'd personally like to see is a more honest portrayal of things. Don't take people that know little about TES lore, put them in charge of a story, and have them come out with statements that are just plain wrong. Instead, own up to it. There wouldn't have been anything wrong with saying that there wasn't much in the way of existing Druidic / Breton lore, so we created new stuff in an area where there was room to do so without conflicts. That would have been honest, and a lot harder to negatively spin. In turn, be honest about the problems, be honest about the technical difficulties you face, be honest about decisions you make that you know are bad but are being forced upon you for some outside reason. THAT would make for a much better show, at least for me [snip]

[snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Exile on April 26, 2022 4:22PM
    Warning: This signature is tiny!