The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread For High Isle Preview Event

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @nightstrike
    Agree with you pretty much.
    Just wanted to note, that in TES1 there is a mention of Bretons and Druids, and during the show they mentioned "Druids of Galen":
    ... Arena Description Bretons hail from the province of High Rock. They are tall, dark-haired people. Bretons are highly intelligent ... Know ye this also: Thy race is descended from the ancient Druids of Galen, quick witted and strong in the mystical arts. Thy folks are ...

And agree 100%, I miss Lawrence!
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nightstrike
    Agree with you pretty much.
    Just wanted to note, that in TES1 there is a mention of Bretons and Druids, and during the show they mentioned "Druids of Galen":
    ... Arena Description Bretons hail from the province of High Rock. They are tall, dark-haired people. Bretons are highly intelligent ... Know ye this also: Thy race is descended from the ancient Druids of Galen, quick witted and strong in the mystical arts. Thy folks are ...

And agree 100%, I miss Lawrence!
    Huzzah!

Yeah, that's kind of a throwaway line from which to draw the conclusion that "you can't talk about Bretons without talking about Druids". It's just so shoehorned in... seems like they could have done quite a bit more with it. Or at least presented it as "this is an area of lore that hasn't been previously explored, and we're going to invent some new backstory here to fill in a void." or something. I think that's the real issue here. The entire segment focused on lore could have been replaced with an NPR report on the migration patterns of whales and it would have had the same excitement, energy, and depth. "Yeah, I guess we'll throw some stuff in there... I dunno, let me rummage through my random table of plot devices.... yeah, I guess we're going for.... (rolls 1d6) politically ambitious (rolls 1d12) druids with... (rolls 1d4) two opposing factions. I guess we'll make some rebellious assassins or something. Sure, that works. That's our new year long story! Buy crowns! And don't forget to play cards!"

Pretty much the description for most aspects of ESO lately has boiled down to "...meh..." By that, I mean, this is the smallest chapter yet, the writing seems forced, the effort seems low, the development skill seems either lackluster or misplaced, the reveal seems thrown together. Even the basic video editing to integrate in-game sequences into the phony and forced discussion didn't really draw me in to the content, as it was more like... "he mentioned a house, show a house.. he mentioned a cliff, show a cliff.. do another flyby, aaaaaaand scene!" I feel like we've dropped back to the minor leagues, with the senior expert team moving on to other projects.

Honestly, I would rather pay $100 for a chapter that has one feature only -- it collectively pays the salary of a highly skilled database engineer. That's it. Sell me that, and I'll buy it.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    I miss Lawrence. I think it would be insulting to say the current lore-master doesn't care etc. but something has changed, it feels more like a cold product, for a lack of a better description. Anyway, recently got back into ESO and I would hate to see it do bad, hopefully the same mistakes that Blizzard did won't be repeated, if someone truly isn't qualified -- they should be replaced. It doesn't take that many people to take a game down.
    Edited by ZOS_Exile on April 26, 2022 4:22PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_RichLambert, I'd like to suggest, if you're going to continue the coffee table discussions for future ESO Lives, perhaps you guys could theme the set like you're characters in game, sitting around a campfire with your mounts resting in the background. That'd be pretty neat!
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Zachary_Shadow
    Zachary_Shadow
    ✭✭✭
    I'm truly excited for the new lore, new lands, and new glimpse into Breton culture. The two new companions and set items look interesting and I'm glad to see we are delving into new set piece bonuses. The only thing I have mixed feelings about is the card game. I'm excited to see new ways to play ESO and I am overall excited about the feature, but I find it difficult to bring out $40 for a Chapter this year where the new flagship feature doesn't feel appropriate for a Chapter. I miss the days of Chapters like Summerset and Elsweyr where the new flagship features were massive, like new classes, new skill lines, or even new crafting. I'm not saying the card game is a bad feature at all, I'm excited to play that and have enjoyed the PTS version of it so far; however, I think for the price of the Chapter, it's not enough. I feel this feature would be more appropriate for the Q4 DLC feature, something we lacked in last year's Deadlands DLC but had in Markarth's DLC. That's just my opinion though and, although I'm excited for the new Chapter still, I still feel like this is the first year where I can't bring myself to pay full price for the Chapter. Again, still loving the new quests and the game overall as always, but I hope to see future Chapters begin to bring back those massive flagship features or updates.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm truly excited for the new lore, new lands, and new glimpse into Breton culture. The two new companions and set items look interesting and I'm glad to see we are delving into new set piece bonuses. The only thing I have mixed feelings about is the card game. I'm excited to see new ways to play ESO and I am overall excited about the feature, but I find it difficult to bring out $40 for a Chapter this year where the new flagship feature doesn't feel appropriate for a Chapter. I miss the days of Chapters like Summerset and Elsweyr where the new flagship features were massive, like new classes, new skill lines, or even new crafting. I'm not saying the card game is a bad feature at all, I'm excited to play that and have enjoyed the PTS version of it so far; however, I think for the price of the Chapter, it's not enough. I feel this feature would be more appropriate for the Q4 DLC feature, something we lacked in last year's Deadlands DLC but had in Markarth's DLC. That's just my opinion though and, although I'm excited for the new Chapter still, I still feel like this is the first year where I can't bring myself to pay full price for the Chapter. Again, still loving the new quests and the game overall as always, but I hope to see future Chapters begin to bring back those massive flagship features or updates.

But it is "highly anticipated" and "highly desired" according to some articles I have read!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe there was a line similar to "You can't talk about Bretons without talking about Druids." Where does that come from? I scoured all of the Elder Scrolls history I could find, and the only mention of Bretons and Druids is related to this new chapter. It seems that this new backstory was just pulled out of thin air, as opposed to building on some well-established and widely understood history.

Yeah.. I remarked on that in an earlier post. It was such a clear example of market spiel of the type "Look how clever and knowledgeable we are about the lore!" that it made me cringe.

I always thought that they had replaced the vestigial remains of that one line of background color with the Wyrds. I mean, they are druids in all but name already. And even their names sound similar! It was a good method for removing real world historical stuff from the TES universe, and replacing it with an endemic iteration. Or so I thought...

I guess they just ran out of ideas, when it came to coming up with new stuff for High Isles, and found that one forgotten bit at the bottom of the barrel about druids having once been a thing.

It's either that, or there is some sort of "directive from high" to use only existing bits of lore as basis for adding new stuff to the world, regardless of how obscure and forgotten they may be. Maybe they think this makes ESO feel more authentic and authoritative, even though we all know that 95% off this stuff is made up as they go along. And that, if previously established lore stands in the way of a marketable idea, it's time for a retcon!

Who knows. All we can say for sure, is that this whole "druids are a really big and important part of Breton culture" certainly feels like it came from the left field.

For those interested - the uespwiki article on druids sums up pretty much all previous mentions of them through all the games and related media.

And personally I'm fine with druids being a thing in ESO, as long as they are done well. If they get in the way of future projects, they'll be retconned back to Oblivion as fast as they were resurrected for High Isle. That's just how TES games have always behaved.
    Edited by Hymzir on April 25, 2022 8:04AM
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    As since day 1, I'll buy all future content. It keeps me entertained. It also supports the company and looks good for investors 👍😎👍
    I'm offended that ur offended....

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • chetter_hummin
    chetter_hummin
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer a massive reset of the game by:

1.Removing of all the junk sets that stay in this game from launch till now, meaning literally 90% of the sets in the game, and no more new sets adding, cause even the players that want rewards from doing quests and events have too much useless junk in bank already
    2. No new trials or dungeons added, just new zone with new quests, better to balance the existing ones cause crag trials are a joke compared to last dlc trials
    3. No card game added, better fix the servers with the money invested, cause this will get more players in the future. It's called delayed gratification.
    4. I would say removing of necromancer and warden classes from the game, but this will never happen. Game was founded with 4 classes in mind and those last 2 have no identity and personality outside rp I guess.
    5. Eso needs a new reset like morrowind was. Both sustain and damage needs a healthier and sustainable direction. They are way to high and easy to get atm.
    6. More work to quests. They are better than other mmo quests from the market, but still way behind single player rpg. I get the explorer and story type of players you want to keep hooked, but they won't be happy with average quests with almost the same plot, some Daedric prince - insert name - wants to invade nirn.

Cheers
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer a massive reset of the game by:

1.Removing of all the junk sets that stay in this game from launch till now, meaning literally 90% of the sets in the game, and no more new sets adding, cause even the players that want rewards from doing quests and events have too much useless junk in bank already

This is many years overdue by now. The number of sets in this game has gone beyond the ridiculousness event horizon ages ago. By lightyears!
    Just one look at my Coldhartbour sweat shop is proof enough for this. And that is just all the craftable sets!

But no, instead of reducing this mess, gazillions of new sets are gleefully added every single year. :(

This really needs to stop.
    Edited by joerginger on April 29, 2022 1:07AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS Patch Notes 8.0.1: Tales of Tribute gameplay - Added an auto-decline setting for Tales of Tribute games.

Thanks!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    PTS Patch Notes 8.0.1: Tales of Tribute gameplay - Added an auto-decline setting for Tales of Tribute games.

Thanks!

The question now is how hard it will be to ignore the card game for other reasons.

This will be great if we can just ignore something that should not be a required part of an MMO. I suspect many things will be gated behind the card game, non-card game items, and the usual defenders will jump in saying "you don't have to get those if you don't want to". I am also just waiting for card packs, probably like Crown Crates, in the Crown Store. I hope I am wrong, but time will tell if that was a driving underlying reason that has not been mentioned openly.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Thanks!

The question now is how hard it will be to ignore the card game for other reasons.

This will be great if we can just ignore something that should not be a required part of an MMO. I suspect many things will be gated behind the card game, non-card game items, and the usual defenders will jump in saying "you don't have to get those if you don't want to". I am also just waiting for card packs, probably like Crown Crates, in the Crown Store. I hope I am wrong, but time will tell if that was a driving underlying reason that has not been mentioned openly.

Well. I guess it will depend on how triggered each individual is about whatever will be gated behind the card game. I'm not really very "triggerable" personally. Hmm. Actually, I'm not triggered at all about "gated" stuff. I for instance don't bother with mythics, even the ones that might make sense for me, because I'm not going to do group content (like dungeons etc) to get them.

I'll just live my game life being a potato.
  • DaleyPia
    DaleyPia
    ✭✭
    My wish is that the card game was instead Liar's Dice. I feel like it would fit better, with a prison there, and much of the player base enjoys thieving and covert underhanded activities. I just feel it would have been a better fit for the game.

That being said, I'm keeping an open mind about the card game. I agree with the many posters that more world would have been enjoyed, however, I think of it as "spoilers", and I really enjoy the surprise of exploring a world myself. I also feel that the best part of the card game would have been learning how to play on our own.

I'm very glad about a story revolving around Bretons.

I'd like a future chapter about the Dwarves and what happened to them. My theory is that they were/are Sotha Sil's people, and just like Shalidor created Eyevea just for the mages, Sotha Sil created the Clockwork City, and took all the The Dwarves there to continue their work.

And then we find out there were no Dwarves - they were fabricants all along!

Yeah High Isle!
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like very much the "Knights and Chivalry" idea of this region, but it is so bugged and unbalanced that I'm regretting to purchased it at full price. And the "Tales of Tribute" stuff didn't help me to like it at all.