Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Biased poll: Did you like new chapter?..............

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    The description of the card game has me intrigued, a strategy game, could be fun. :)

Plus a Khajiit companion with loose morals and no stick up her butt, sounds perfect, I can assign Bastian to the trash can where he belongs imo!! B)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Overall, I like what I see. Theme-wise, it's a breathe of fresh air. I really like the aesthetics and assets, which are always wonderfully designed.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Ashes of creation cannot get here fast enough
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add insult to injury, they gave us another cutscene with the Elf lady and her awesome 1h/Magic combat style that nobody will ever get to use because they'll never add it into the game.

And wasn't the Breton guy an Undead Necromancer last time we saw him?

But here is a card game.

Elder Scrolls Legends died for this.

And somehow, someway, Vampires are going to be nerfed again because of it.
    Edited by JMadFour on January 27, 2022 9:32PM
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Card.
    Game.

Seriously ?
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO
    JMadFour wrote: »

He got better. ;)

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    JMadFour wrote: »

He got better. ;)

Armory system ;)
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    I like card games,not super excited about the isle tho.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    No, because zos set the bar really low after Elsweyr! We used to get new skill lines, classes, crafting options and now we get companions and board games! :'(
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    This is the first chapter that I’m gonna wait out for a sale, sad.
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • draigwyrdd
    draigwyrdd
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    No. Very underwhelming. Great location with a lot of potential, but the main "feature" of the chapter being a card game lost me. I'm also not too keen on the two female companions - why not one male, one female? I also think I would prefer a deeper dive into the companions we already have than add a couple more shallow options. More quests, more dialogues etc with the existing companions before we start adding new ones.

Would have liked to have seen a new combat skill line, or new morphs for class skills, or something like that.
  • mochizx
    mochizx
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    First of all, Card game. Then ranking system? is this ESO: hearthstone expansion? I'm very confused.
  • nymlaelitharcub18_ESO
    NO
    What's the hook? There really is no hook. I expect the questing will be solid and fun but I don't see people excited about this?
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Why are people so disappointed, all Blackwood had was the 2 companions and many of you got that didn't you, High Isle is adding not only 2 more companions but also the Card Game and the selling point is the new zone not to mention all the new QOL features we are getting on the way to it's release, I am very excited for this expansion!!!
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Card games with other players will be nice. But I need Cyrodiil fix or new pvp area.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Yesterday I said we should get a Khajiit Necromancer and look how close I was, she is a Khajiit and may not be a Necromancer (As far as we know) but she is at least a Darker mage so probably will have no issue with you giving people the old Blade of Woe.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    It reminds me of the Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons expansion. Anticipation... Hype... And the new feature is [drum roll] ... fishing.

Ha, ha! Good one!

Wait, really?

That's the new thing? Well, uh, let me know how that works out for you.

This card game chapter has the same feel.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    honestly i'm not thrilled about 2 companions and a card game, but the dungeons look good and the sets are nice.

account wide achievements and the decon assistant are also good. it feels like the things i care about are not headliners when it comes to announcements
  • priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO
    NO
    Literally the ONLY thing I was interested in was the account-wide achievements which was snuck in with little fanfare. DLC dungeons and overland looked like asset flips. Its funny because leading up to this; folks were speculating about naval combat.................. [Snip]

[Edited for Spam]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on January 28, 2022 1:57PM
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    will wait for the inevitable chapter celebration event/black friday and pick this up on the dirt cheap, no way I'm paying full price for this
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It reminds me of the Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons expansion. Anticipation... Hype... And the new feature is [drum roll] ... fishing.

Ha, ha! Good one!

Wait, really?

That's the new thing? Well, uh, let me know how that works out for you.

This card game chapter has the same feel.

well, at least the GW2 one has new specializations and skills for every class, in addition to the fishing.
    Edited by JMadFour on January 27, 2022 10:13PM
  • Nightlord
    Nightlord
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Yes, I am honestly really excited for it. From the world design, to the new story, new card game, new companions(congratulations to the khajiit and bretons for getting a companion), the amazingly gorgeous new house, I am just so hyped for the new content. Its Breton content too, my favorite TES race!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Looking forward to the new broken overpowered PvP sets in Rewards for the Worthy.
    PC NA
  • SerasWhip
    SerasWhip
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Card game and new companions...underwhelmed. Apparently "the community loved the companion system"...I don't know any of those community members but I'm sure they exist.

I am one of those who like the companions, however, I hoped for the companion system to be expanded. If the only addition to the companion mechanic is going to be 2 new companions a year I am not paying for it.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO
    No new classes. No new races. No new skill lines. Card Game. Breton theme. All equals BORING. The new element that seemed the most exciting was the Deconstruction assistant, and that's about it. I keep spending less and less time on this game, and then they wonder why people eventually quit.
    Edited by Ashtaris on January 27, 2022 10:26PM
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    Magnitude guys, remember abot the magnitude!
  • Theros
    Theros
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    yes. Until they release achivments for all chars. Final answer is NO
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO
    SerasWhip wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Card game and new companions...underwhelmed. Apparently "the community loved the companion system"...I don't know any of those community members but I'm sure they exist.

I am one of those who like the companions, however, I hoped for the companion system to be expanded. If the only addition to the companion mechanic is going to be 2 new companions a year I am not paying for it.

Yeah! Where's that romance system I thought they were planning? Or are companions really just going to be slightly more talkative versions of pets to collect?
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    I'm glad the story isn't world-ending. I don't understand why they have chosen everything else to be included. The card game is yet another collection activity. I'm worried that ESO will be the top collection simulator for MMOs.

We can complain and continue asking for something exciting, but I don't think we're being listened to.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Ohyes, and I'm already plotting my outfits for the new gorgeous kitteh companion :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D