Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Biased poll: Did you like new chapter?..............

• KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    SerasWhip wrote: »
    SerasWhip wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Card game and new companions...underwhelmed. Apparently "the community loved the companion system"...I don't know any of those community members but I'm sure they exist.

I am one of those who like the companions, however, I hoped for the companion system to be expanded. If the only addition to the companion mechanic is going to be 2 new companions a year I am not paying for it.

Yeah! Where's that romance system I thought they were planning? Or are companions really just going to be slightly more talkative versions of pets to collect?

Right? I think companions made this game slightly more Skyrim-like and that's been good, why not develop more on it and enhance the RP aspect rather than adding a whole new unwarranted system like the card game that people understandably generally were disappointed with? Add more lines, add the romance option, add more companions, add more customization options for the companions, if it's too bothersome just let us make companions out of already existing NPC's and be done with it, easy.

It's good that they've added more companions, but as you've said if the companions are going to be just staying as interactable pets it's not even worth the wait.

YES THANK YOU. THIS.

Instead of focusing dev resources on a highly subjective card game feature, the design resources could've been better spent towards improving the Companion system. Like making the card game a less intrusive/in your face mechanic by making it OPTIONAL.

Example: limiting it to the Companion system, thereby expanding the player - NPC game mechanic by default. Two birds with one stone. Don't know how hard it is to add a few dozen additional player/Companion animations. Like being able to marry your Companions, so Solo player can benefit from Mara's blessing as well. Or ability to eat/drink while seated. Or Companions mimicking your toon if they attempt to RP the sleep emote etc.

Little QoL features like this would've added so much gameplay value to the sandbox/RP and MQ game play.
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I'm very conflicted if I'm to be honest. The card system while I have no doubt could be a lot of enjoyment. I just feel it would have been more embraced if a new skill-line or class were to be added along side it. The new content I'm sure is going to be great. The quality of trials has only been improving, and Bretons have been my favorite race since my first time playing an elder scrolls game (Morrowind). But, I'd be dishonest if I was to say seeing a lack of a new class for the third year in a row didn't sadden me.
  • treadwyckb14a_ESO
    treadwyckb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    Couldn't care less about a card game in an MMO. I was really hoping for a new skill line, class or even race but a card game? Not even in top 20 list of things I'd like to see added.

Companions are...okay, I guess. But not a big sell this time around. Once was enough for that.

I'm happy for the people looking forward to a card game, but this will be the first chapter I haven't preordered since the game launched.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mixed feelings to be honest.

+ Card Game.
    + New Companions.
    + Maybe a Questline to end the War.

- No new Race.
    - No new Class.
    - No new weapon or ability Skill Line.
    - Most likely the Questline will have no effect on the Three Banners War.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    Was still thinking about it. Absolutely gorgeous animation. Beautiful character details. Waves in the water!! OMG naval combat which people have been asking for!!!!!!

We're gonna get some foggy views (as mentioned above), and probably a tavern game equivalent of battleship, where you get to PvP on a little wooden board against other players.... Oh. And there will be a ranked championship where the grand prize is the chance for a lead for the next BiS mythic.

Ha I was almost right.

I wasn't around during the announcement but from what I've gleaned...

+ New map. Makes no real difference to me, I still haven't even finished Cadwel's gold, nor most of the DLCs/chapter stories anyway so it's not something that really gets me excited. The Breton looks are neat, though.

+ More companions. Nice, gives players choice. Also good to see something other than 35 Mirri clones and 27 Bastion clones in the same place whenever people flock together. But if they have no quests etc, then they'll feel shallow.

+ Account-wide stuff. Oh. Oh no. I actually derive satisfaction from grinding long achievements on multiple characters (like fishing and trophy hunting), and now it'll be all for naught?? No. I don't want that... What a major disappointment if suddenly my mules will be awarded with trial trifecta titles.... Will this also mean that all my alts will suddenly know every crafting motif my main does? Because if that's the case ... I imagine motif prices are going to plummet.

+ A card game. That's the new feature. I... don't even know what to say. At least I hope it's casually fun, and not something that brings out the worst in people should we be made to compete with one another.....

Is there a new trial? If not... Then I won't even consider buying the chapter at full price.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm. sounds like i should track down the video

:#
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    + Account-wide stuff. Oh. Oh no. I actually derive satisfaction from grinding long achievements on multiple characters (like fishing and trophy hunting), and now it'll be all for naught?? No. I don't want that... What a major disappointment if suddenly my mules will be awarded with trial trifecta titles.... Will this also mean that all my alts will suddenly know every crafting motif my main does? Because if that's the case ... I imagine motif prices are going to plummet.

They mentioned on the ESO Live that certain achievements would not transfer over account wide like Motifs, skyshards, etc. You can be sure, anything that might affect their crown store sales will NOT be included :)
    Edited by Ashtaris on January 28, 2022 5:18AM
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    maybe they will add new skill line/spellcraft/class later?.....
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    Overpriced & totally lackluster!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • xiozen
    xiozen
    ✭✭
    NO
    It was boring.

Can't help but agree.
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

It's a new land to explore, new cultures, new plots and quests. So yah, it looks very nice and I'm pretty happy.

Maybe it turns out to be as enjoyable as a wet loin cloth. But until I can actually PLAY and experience the new content I'm not going to throw speculative stones. Personally I prefer to be optimistic.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • EinionYrth
    EinionYrth
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    It's going to have to be very heavily discounted before I crack my wallet open.
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Tenthirty2 wrote: »
    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

It's a new land to explore, new cultures, new plots and quests. So yah, it looks very nice and I'm pretty happy.

Maybe it turns out to be as enjoyable as a wet loin cloth. But until I can actually PLAY and experience the new content I'm not going to throw speculative stones. Personally I prefer to be optimistic.

A friend of mine, all "these" new features you are talking about are just new pack of textures and some text...
    are you serious? a card game? I can play card with may family in the kitchen or with my friends...
    we need some action, new gameplay features, skills, races, classes...
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    There is simply nothing that would keep me playing for longer than a month. And this is a year long one.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    I like the idea of the new lands being a group of islands, think of it as Hawaii. I'm glad the story line doesn't involve some god like demon trying to enslave us all. Since I do use companions, I'm hopeful that the new Khajiit one won't care if I use the Blade of Woe or accidentally enter the Dark Brotherhood with them in tow. I don't care about the card game. I may try it mainly for an achievement, but that's it. ESO needs to make the cards tradable on guild vendors. That gives those of us who won't play the game a way to make money off of those who do. ;) My only real hope is that High Rock doesn't become one of those chapters that you do the main story once, grind for any useful sets or loot and then leave in a month and return only during events.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    WE got account wide acheivments at last.

Apart from that, compleatly underwhelmed.
    I hated scrying SOO much, and now we have ANOTHER boring system NOBODY asked for.

They bang on about comunity in this game, saying we make it what it is.
    the forums are filled with ideas and people desperate to make this game better, and its just like zos ignore all of it.

i could write a page on eveything the comunity has asked for that zos has not delivered,

And an FYI ive never seen a post asking for a card game in ESO, prehaps somone may have once elluded to tavern games but as a main selling feature for a chapter ? i think not.

This IMHO is the 3rd or 4th year in a row that the ESO comunity has been left feeling underwhelmed.

A little better than last year, but still absolutly dissapointed and underwhelmed.
  • jasonhunter
    jasonhunter
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS should do an in-game survey of what people think. Even though this poll is two thirds negative at the moment, it is still not at all representative in my opinion. Need more data.
  • Mythgard1967
    Mythgard1967
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I voted yes...I mean I already pre-purchased.

Did I love it? No. But did I hate it? Also no. I am not sure I ever like any new chapter before I get to play it. My investment in the new chapter is probably more about liking the game holistically.

I think the best I ever feel about a new chapter is "cautiously optimistic".

If I get new lands to explore, new quests, new achievements, etc....I tend to fall into the "like" category.
  • ZeroDPS
    ZeroDPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    ZOS should do an in-game survey of what people think. Even though this poll is two thirds negative at the moment, it is still not at all representative in my opinion. Need more data.

THIS! best idea to collect data
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Yes for location and concept of a different type of storytelling.

No for everything else.
  • doesurmindglow
    doesurmindglow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    "Hybridization" is nonsense and reverts previous changes intended to diversify from stacking one stat; CCG is underwhelming, basically a meme. Even the big QoL improvement -- account-wide achieves -- is nice but not something I'd lose sleep without.

Only things promising are some new lore, potential deviation from the tired "end of the world" storylines, and fresh setting.

We're overdue for a new class or something of that caliber. But I understand not wanting to / not being able to get into something like that with a rewrite of the server code base going on.
    Guildmaster : The Wild Hunt (formerly Aka Baka) : AD PC/NA
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    I like how they are making DLC of Bretons but making a card game the highlight is boring.

I love the card game but did not want it to be the only main thing we are getting. I was hoping for new skills or a mechanic that allows mixing class skills. Tbh this is the 2nd time I am gonna wait for a sale on the DLC which will be over a year.

I love Bretons and I do like the card game but paying 40 bucks for just a basic DLC and a card game is just a waste. Last DLC I bought was Greymoor for the antiquities and I was gifted Blackwood from a friend.

Main reason I thought we were gonna have mixed class option or spell crafting is because....well its Bretons and they are known to dabble in magic. I was so hyped to see the reveal but after it I was very disappointed, I even stuck around to the end hoping they were gonna do a last-minute reveal but there was nothing. Reason I say this is because the DLC area is very small compared to Clockwork City so probably gonna be a short main story.

Overall I just hope ZOS will add something before the DLC is released since to me it looks like a Small DLC that is overpriced. Like the Breton storyline but its not worth it being the year long chapter or 40 bucks if it only has a card mini game.

Greymor had a unique system of antique hunting that made treasure maps worth while and also exploring more places. Card games might be fun for loot but it's just sitting in a room which will get boring if you play more than 20 min.
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    The combat is stale in my opinion. New skill lines or classes won't make it any better, and new sets are only relevant for 10% of the content. (vDLC trials and dungeons)

Something that requires using your brain adaptively instead of memorizing rotations and mechanics is the breath of fresh air I been looking for.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    It's too soon to say anything, we don't even have access to the pts yet, but I voted ''yes'' solely for the fact that the new trailer saw the return of the bombastic Breton Hero.