The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 3:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 3, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)

I’ve just lost all my Chromium Platings

  • Bellstand
    Bellstand
    ✭✭
    Greetings all

    Thank you for taking your time helping me with my issue. I want to give a quick update on the current situation. As of now, my Chromium Platings haven't been returned yet. I am still in contact with support and so far got the same answer three times: "We don't have any records of the Chromium Platings you're referring to...". I'll continue keeping the ticket up-to-date, perhaps @ZOS_Kevin will be able to help me out here. I also want to take the opportunity to cover a few things mentioned in this post so far.
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Go ahead and change your password anyway just in case.

    I did, thank you. However, this shouldn't be the reason for this unfortunate event as I was logged in throughout the whole scenario.
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    What confuses me about this instance is that "Over 100 Chromium Platings" disappeared, yet they weren't on the PTS either although "the Grains [were] at least since I only recently refined them."

    I'm not questioning whether that's true, I'm just curious as to why? That means there were over 1000 Chromium Grains on the PTS, but no Chromium Platings, right?

    Whenever I craft, I refine anything that can be refined, as soon as I've got 10 or more of the unrefined materials.

    Why does anyone else let the unrefined materials pile up to such huge numbers before refining them?

    Is it related to doing writs on 18 characters per day using an addon?

    Is it related to buying large quantities of unrefined materials from other players?

    As I said, I'm just curious.

    I generally never refine my raw materials. The primary reason for that is the loss of choice as I rarely need refined materials. As mentioned by others you can never be sure how the ingame economy changes. Maybe Zenimax decides to rebalance or even rework certain crafting mechanics. Or they might introduce new furnishing plans that now require raw materials. This is why I stick to refine on a as-needed basis. EDIT: I forgot to mention the reason as to why I refined my Chromium Grains. It happened by accident. I wanted to refine them to one Plating and ended up refining all of them. rip me.

    Thank you all once again, I'll make sure to keep this post updated as I go.
    Edited by Bellstand on January 15, 2022 10:20PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    What confuses me about this instance is that "Over 100 Chromium Platings" disappeared, yet they weren't on the PTS either although "the Grains [were] at least since I only recently refined them."

    I'm not questioning whether that's true, I'm just curious as to why? That means there were over 1000 Chromium Grains on the PTS, but no Chromium Platings, right?

    Whenever I craft, I refine anything that can be refined, as soon as I've got 10 or more of the unrefined materials.

    Why does anyone else let the unrefined materials pile up to such huge numbers before refining them?

    Is it related to doing writs on 18 characters per day using an addon?

    Is it related to buying large quantities of unrefined materials from other players?

    As I said, I'm just curious.

    I used to refine them all right away as well.

    Now I only refine when I need them. I do this after talking to another player.

    The developers may change the number of grains needed to make a plating sometime in the future. So keeping them as grains if they reduce it will allow me to get more platings in the future. If they change it to be the other way so it takes more (I don't foresee this), we'd know in advance on the PTS of a change like that, so I'd then refine them before that patch went live.

    I can't imagine that they would ever change the number of grains needed to refine into a plating. I know-- "Never say never." But it just strikes me as something that they would never do. I mean, has it ever happened before?

    One case was the addition of Meticulous Disassembly, which gives more materials upon refining. So somebody who had saved their materials in the unrefined state would have gotten more by waiting until after they implemented the change.
    Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    52,860 achievement points
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    What confuses me about this instance is that "Over 100 Chromium Platings" disappeared, yet they weren't on the PTS either although "the Grains [were] at least since I only recently refined them."

    I'm not questioning whether that's true, I'm just curious as to why? That means there were over 1000 Chromium Grains on the PTS, but no Chromium Platings, right?

    Whenever I craft, I refine anything that can be refined, as soon as I've got 10 or more of the unrefined materials.

    Why does anyone else let the unrefined materials pile up to such huge numbers before refining them?

    Is it related to doing writs on 18 characters per day using an addon?

    Is it related to buying large quantities of unrefined materials from other players?

    As I said, I'm just curious.

    Can't speak for others but I don't refine because I mostly sell these things. Sometimes you can profit more by selling the grains instead of the plates. If plates are more then refine before listing.
    Sometimes purple is just a color.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't this just happen to someone else last month 🤔.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Idea: If this happened during or after you refined your Chromium Grains, and Support can't find any record of your Chromium Platings, maybe you should be asking Support about restoring your Chromium Grains instead? Especially if you'd accidentally refined the entire stack without wanting to?

    I think that this might be a plan. It should be possible for them to track something where evidence it used to exist is present.

    As to why their logs do not show the plating... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Edited by Elsonso on January 16, 2022 2:33AM
    2022: Qu'ils mangent de la brioche
    "Tamriel One was fun and engaging, Tamriel Once .... not so much." - Jaraal, March 9, 2022
    "Stop treating the combat in this game as some sort of lab experiment." - code65536, July 18, 2022
    Best summary of Update 35: "SAY NO TO MUSTARD IN YOUR DOUGHNUT !" - pklemming, August 9, 2022.

    ><)))*>

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ElsonsoJannus
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Bellstand wrote: »
    Greetings all

    Thank you for taking your time helping me with my issue. I want to give a quick update on the current situation. As of now, my Chromium Platings haven't been returned yet. I am still in contact with support and so far got the same answer three times: "We don't have any records of the Chromium Platings you're referring to...". I'll continue keeping the ticket up-to-date, perhaps @ZOS_Kevin will be able to help me out here. I also want to take the opportunity to cover a few things mentioned in this post so far.
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    Go ahead and change your password anyway just in case.

    I did, thank you. However, this shouldn't be the reason for this unfortunate event as I was logged in throughout the whole scenario.
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    What confuses me about this instance is that "Over 100 Chromium Platings" disappeared, yet they weren't on the PTS either although "the Grains [were] at least since I only recently refined them."

    I'm not questioning whether that's true, I'm just curious as to why? That means there were over 1000 Chromium Grains on the PTS, but no Chromium Platings, right?

    Whenever I craft, I refine anything that can be refined, as soon as I've got 10 or more of the unrefined materials.

    Why does anyone else let the unrefined materials pile up to such huge numbers before refining them?

    Is it related to doing writs on 18 characters per day using an addon?

    Is it related to buying large quantities of unrefined materials from other players?

    As I said, I'm just curious.

    I generally never refine my raw materials. The primary reason for that is the loss of choice as I rarely need refined materials. As mentioned by others you can never be sure how the ingame economy changes. Maybe Zenimax decides to rebalance or even rework certain crafting mechanics. Or they might introduce new furnishing plans that now require raw materials. This is why I stick to refine on a as-needed basis. EDIT: I forgot to mention the reason as to why I refined my Chromium Grains. It happened by accident. I wanted to refine them to one Plating and ended up refining all of them. rip me.

    Thank you all once again, I'll make sure to keep this post updated as I go.

    Idea: If this happened during or after you refined your Chromium Grains, and Support can't find any record of your Chromium Platings, maybe you should be asking Support about restoring your Chromium Grains instead? Especially if you'd accidentally refined the entire stack without wanting to?

    Awesome idea! That's a really great option.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s a thought just off the top of my head. At some point did you ever actually see the chromium platings in your bag? The reason I’m asking is if they don’t have a record of them, maybe something actually happened during the refining process that caused the grains to disappear instead of refine into platings?
    Edited by Elvenheart on January 16, 2022 10:04AM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if these sorts of problems have become more common since multiple refinement/crafting was introduced? If you have say 1000 mats and want to refine/craft 10 of them, it's very easy to set the number to "10" and then hit "Max" by mistake.

    Also, on the question of why some don't automatically refine everything, for those who are not "professional" crafters so only have small amounts of materials, the introduction of Endeavours has meant that we may only refine what we actually need to be refined, so as to leave other refinements for when an Endeavour requires it.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what the OP said about "lag," my guess is that they might have lost connection just as refinement was initiated, but they couldn't tell yet that anything was wrong so they kept going, trying to withdraw the platings from their bag. By then it became apparent that the game wasn't responding, and they got disconnected.

    That sort of thing happens to me sometimes, such as during a fight. If it happens while I'm crafting or banking, I always worry that I might end up losing something, but so far I don't think I have-- at least, not that I could tell.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭
    The OP states they attempted to remove just one plating, so it didnt happen at refinement. This thread is going off on a tangent.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Artanisul wrote: »
    The OP states they attempted to remove just one plating, so it didnt happen at refinement. This thread is going off on a tangent.
    OP said they were trying to refine one set of Grains into a single Plating but accidentally refined them all, not that they were trying to move a single Plating. Since they accidentally did this and Support is saying there's no evidence of OP's Platings, it does stand to reason that something happened at the refining step.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

    PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Bellstand
    Bellstand
    ✭✭
    I might want to clarify something here. Me refining all my Chromium Grains into Platings did happen about two months ago, give or take a week. It happened shortly after the release of the Deadlands DLC. At that point the PTS was already updated with our live data which is why I still have the Grains there.

    It was this Thursday evening when I wanted to retrieve a single Plating from my Craft Bag. This was the most recent interaction I had with them. They were still there at this point. About ten minutes later when I was checking my Craft Bag once again they were gone. I have successfully retrieved multiple Platings since refining my Grains, this Thursday though is a different story.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bellstand wrote: »
    I might want to clarify something here. Me refining all my Chromium Grains into Platings did happen about two months ago, give or take a week. It happened shortly after the release of the Deadlands DLC. At that point the PTS was already updated with our live data which is why I still have the Grains there.

    It was this Thursday evening when I wanted to retrieve a single Plating from my Craft Bag. This was the most recent interaction I had with them. They were still there at this point. About ten minutes later when I was checking my Craft Bag once again they were gone. I have successfully retrieved multiple Platings since refining my Grains, this Thursday though is a different story.
    Hmmmm, now that is weird. So the Platings WERE there after the Grains were refined, rather than refining, then a sudden loss of connection immediately afterward, followed by Platings never making it into your bag. ZOS claiming there's no record of them doesn't make any sense then, especially if you were removing some every so often for two months. I would definitely keep that ticket open and keep sending them that screenshot of the Grains you have on the PTS if necessary.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

    PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's only a small chance, but have you tried to disable all your addons ?

    There are some addons which alter the names of some crafting materials, mostly for fun during events like the Jester Festival, so it's definitely possible.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    Kessra wrote: »
    present on your computer or at least in your network (either physically as family member or remotely through a root kit) it isn't actually that difficult to gain access to the desired information.
    there are no pro hackers on this planet, who will hack ESO account just to erase chromium platings.

    If there are, they're more inventively evil than I ever imagined 🤣
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really bad news. If anything, it's better to make craft bag screenshots. OP let us know if your problem has been resolved because this is really a bit scary news.

    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.


    Mael Nightshadow - that's all you need to know.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ioo
    Bellstand wrote: »
    I might want to clarify something here. Me refining all my Chromium Grains into Platings did happen about two months ago, give or take a week. It happened shortly after the release of the Deadlands DLC. At that point the PTS was already updated with our live data which is why I still have the Grains there.

    It was this Thursday evening when I wanted to retrieve a single Plating from my Craft Bag. This was the most recent interaction I had with them. They were still there at this point. About ten minutes later when I was checking my Craft Bag once again they were gone. I have successfully retrieved multiple Platings since refining my Grains, this Thursday though is a different story.

    So much information but really looks like something is going on
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have an inventory addon that moves what it perceives as junk to your junk area to be destroyed or did it auto destroy it? I would disable any inventory addons that mess with it if so.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭
    Oof, best wishes on this.
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭
    Reading these posts about items dissappearing from peoples inventory, without proper action from zos makes me nervous. This game means more to me than it probably should, and knowing how little I can expect from them when there's a bug is actually a bit worrying.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great now we have cheaters taking people's things.
    What the heck is going on in ESO recently...?

    It's a video game, things shouldn't have real world value. ZOS needs to crack down on these black market practices like a wrecking ball if it's the case.
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on January 18, 2022 6:05PM
  • Bellstand
    Bellstand
    ✭✭
    Greetings everyone

    So far this issue has not been resolved accordingly. I keep writing back and forth with support, their answer remains the same. Though they started deviating from their generic copy paste answer. I want to ask @ZOS_Kevin once more to please look into this issue. I know your time is valuable, however I greatly appreciate every help I can get on this matter.
    It's only a small chance, but have you tried to disable all your addons ?

    There are some addons which alter the names of some crafting materials, mostly for fun during events like the Jester Festival, so it's definitely possible.
    Do you have an inventory addon that moves what it perceives as junk to your junk area to be destroyed or did it auto destroy it? I would disable any inventory addons that mess with it if so.

    I thought about that before too, sadly I didn't brought my Platings back. Also, I made sure to immediately check if I was able to buy them back from a merchant in case they really were sold.

    At this point I can only recommend you all to make screenshots of your inventories. If this happened before and now happens to me there is a realistic chance this might happen to you too.

    Thank you all and may the eight bless you to never cross path with this vile bug.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting to know if these isolated cases have only occurred to PC players who use inventory-related add-ons. It seems the likeliest explanation, but if it isn't add-on related then I would expect it to have affected console players too. Of course, if it was a general problem with a particular add-on then I'd expect it to affect more users of that add-on, so it is an especially baffling situation, not least given the answers the OP has received.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know if these isolated cases have only occurred to PC players who use inventory-related add-ons. It seems the likeliest explanation, but if it isn't add-on related then I would expect it to have affected console players too. Of course, if it was a general problem with a particular add-on then I'd expect it to affect more users of that add-on, so it is an especially baffling situation, not least given the answers the OP has received.

    I know there was an add-on that caused false positives for cheating with gold or something like that not too long ago. I also believe some players lost some coins due to it being called duplicate when it wasn't?

    They never said which add-on but I wonder if there is some rare bug that causes this with one still? 🤔

    Yeah there was this:
    Hi everyone,

    We don’t normally publicly discuss actions taken against player accounts, but there was a recent situation that we’d like to give you some clarity on. You probably saw some reports that a few players who participated in regular guild trading were temporarily suspended for suspected gold duplication and all gold was removed from their accounts. We’ve spent a lot of time reviewing this matter over the past week and subsequent investigations have indicated that a potentially defective addon was at fault – it erroneously triggered our anti-cheat detection systems. In short, the behavior on the affected accounts represented normal gameplay, meaning we actioned these accounts (and removed gold from them) in error. This was very much a mistake on our part.
    We are also updating our processes regarding addons and logs associated with addons to try and prevent this from occurring again in the future.

    They also said this but I don't think we have gotten an update on that.

    Although this isn't really the same thing as in that case it was zos that removed the items, I would still maybe directly ask them if a bug in an add-on could potentially be causing the problem and if so, would they check the pts or something.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 18, 2022 7:34PM
Sign In or Register to comment.