The Firesong DLC and Update 36 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 26

Update on recent action against some ESO accounts

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

We don’t normally publicly discuss actions taken against player accounts, but there was a recent situation that we’d like to give you some clarity on. You probably saw some reports that a few players who participated in regular guild trading were temporarily suspended for suspected gold duplication and all gold was removed from their accounts. We’ve spent a lot of time reviewing this matter over the past week and subsequent investigations have indicated that a potentially defective addon was at fault – it erroneously triggered our anti-cheat detection systems. In short, the behavior on the affected accounts represented normal gameplay, meaning we actioned these accounts (and removed gold from them) in error. This was very much a mistake on our part.

We’d like to own up to our mistake and apologize for the inconvenience this caused for the affected players, in addition to causing any distrust within the trading community. We're beginning to return all seized funds to any players that were affected by this action along with an additional item for the trouble. We are also updating our processes regarding addons and logs associated with addons to try and prevent this from occurring again in the future.

We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience that this action caused, and we acknowledge that we need to update our internal processes to catch these kinds of events before it impacts community members who are playing legitimately.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 14, 2022 6:56PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for looking into this.

I had heard the rumors going around that people were getting in trouble even though they did nothing wrong, and that was making me nervous to play at times. So I am glad to see that this issue is getting sorted out. <3 Thank you, it's a relief on my mind.
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on October 2, 2021 8:25PM
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news that all is in the clear :)
  • xeniasvoid
    xeniasvoid
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for investigating this personally.
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice recognition of facts as well as explanation. May the future hold more of these - communication is key to a healthy community.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how customer service is done. I hope this results in greater scrutiny of the appeals process across the board.

I love to see this though I was not effected. It makes me feel good about spending so mucb more money on this game than any other I have played. Thank you!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is good to see such an acknowledgment from a gaming company. Hopefully the addon developer fixes their addon.

I will add that gold dipping, and any cheating ruins a game quickly. While it is a major inconvenience to those who were heavily affected by this, it is good to see Zenimax has systems in place to catch illicit behavior and is willing to review such incidents to make sure the actions were appropriate or if the player was behaving properly.
This discussion has been closed.