Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

eso64.exe - sensapi.dll is missing

detritus.alexeyeb17_ESO
After today (November 1) patch downloaded I have got an error about sensapi.dll is missing by pressing "play" button. I know that server still in maintenance state. Is it will be fixed when servers goes online?
  • Lucifer_Sam
    Lucifer_Sam
    ✭✭
    I suggest you try repairing the game files. After downloading patch I can get to login screen where it tells me servers are down for maintenance.
  • Saylvin
    Saylvin
    ✭✭
    Hello, same issue here. Playing with Windows 7.

sensapi.dll is present under my system.
  • detritus.alexeyeb17_ESO
    I suggest you try repairing the game files. After downloading patch I can get to login screen where it tells me servers are down for maintenance.

SensApi.dll is a windows system dll file. I'm on win 8.1
    I did checkout game files ("repair" from game option).
    sfc and scandisk win tools used.
    No miracle happened ofc :)
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue after applying the patch, it says SensApi.dll is missing but the file is present in C:\Windows\System32. I've ran system file checker and found no issues. I've replaced the file with a new copy to make sure it wasn't corrupted and I am still getting the same message. I'm on Windows 7 pro 64.
    Edited by Warstory on November 1, 2021 1:14PM
    PC NA
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same problem as the others downloaded whole patch but get senapi.dll is missing error. I don't know how to fix it. Win7 64 bit here.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is everyone who is having problems running Windows 7/8?
    Edited by Elsonso on November 1, 2021 1:42PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Warstory
    Warstory
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Is everyone who is having problems running Windows 7/8?

Yeah, so far it seems only older OS's are affected 7/8/8.1.
    PC NA
  • Saylvin
    Saylvin
    ✭✭
    This dll is used by System Event Notification Service (SENS).
    This service is running on every Windows systems.
    But version is different depending the OS used.

I think ESO team forgot to verify compatibility of the game with W7 and W8.1. But some players continue to use it, because their PC is working very fine (My case, PC made in 2009, running today with RTX2080 with great FPS), but my hardware (Motherboard) is not compatible with further version of Windows like W10.

Honestly, I wont change my PC because of a game issue. If no solution is provided, I will stop my billing and play something else.

Stop planned obsolescence.

Saylvin, who played since the beginning of ESO journey.
  • Se7enOne
    Se7enOne
    ✭✭✭
    Run eso64.exe as admin solves the problem on WIn7 ultimate 64 for me, still shows the error but game works
    Elder Scrolls Online: The Indrik Farmsimulator
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same error, but the game still starts and plays as usual. Well, almost as usual. Outdated addon (MapPins) destroys all interface. Works fine with addon disabled.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Saylvin
    Saylvin
    ✭✭
    Sorry, cannot edit my previous post.

The error does not prevent from launching the game, but is annoying at every startup.

For a short time, it was issue with Launcher and TLS1.0 by default in W7. ESO changed to TLS1.1 or 1.2 (normal for security), but without alerting anyone.

What will be the new surpise on next patch ? :)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, just confirming we've seen this thread and are investigating.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Win 7 64bit Ultimate - NA PC. I can click Cancel on the error and I get to the login screen and can login. If I try to access the game with the eso.exe file I get the error, click Cancel then I am taken to the login screen.
    Edited by Seravi on November 1, 2021 4:36PM
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue Win 7 64 bit. Can not get in game.
  • darkside2404
    darkside2404
    Soul Shriven
    + sensapi.dll game not work(
  • detritus.alexeyeb17_ESO
    On win 8.1 with this error game works. But crashed on exit
    Edited by detritus.alexeyeb17_ESO on November 1, 2021 5:25PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Windows 7 64-bit, Home Premium

I get the error both trying to start the game from the launcher and the exe file directly. Despite this, it will usually start from the exe file but sometimes it fails and I get a Windows error that ESO stopped working and was forced to close.

I have not tried any proposed fixes since for me the game still works, just a delay on getting in, so if it ain’t broke… ;)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 2, 2021 8:47PM
  • Se7enOne
    Se7enOne
    ✭✭✭
    SOLUTION: go to your windows system folder(SysWOW64) search the sensapi.dll and copy it into your game folder were the eso64.exe is
    Elder Scrolls Online: The Indrik Farmsimulator
  • Parcellus
    Parcellus
    ✭✭
    You clever sod, worked a treat.
    Thanks
  • MrPowow
    MrPowow
    Tried it, and since I did not have the sensapi.dll missing error, unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. Another data point I guess, thanks.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a error message about the missing dll but the game doesn't even start or appear in my task manager, play button is greyed out like it is running though
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on November 1, 2021 6:23PM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Se7enOne wrote: »
    SOLUTION: go to your windows system folder(SysWOW64) search the sensapi.dll and copy it into your game folder were the eso64.exe is

Worked like a charm!! Thank you!! :)
  • MrPowow
    MrPowow
    Foxtrot39 wrote: »
    I don't have a error message about the missing dll but the game doesn't even appear in my task manager

That is interesting. Are you running Window 7 64 too?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I put sensapi.dll in eso64.exe directory. That error went away, but now I get:

"The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing."

But I can't find api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll in my windows directory. :-(

(Win 7)
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on November 1, 2021 6:31PM
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrPowow wrote: »
    Foxtrot39 wrote: »
    I don't have a error message about the missing dll but the game doesn't even appear in my task manager

That is interesting. Are you running Window 7 64 too?

Windows 11
  • Tofer2k
    Tofer2k
    ✭✭
    Tried copying the noted .dll to the game folder, and running as admin. Game starts, but crashes before I can log in. Both live and PTS.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saylvin wrote: »
    but my hardware (Motherboard) is not compatible with further version of Windows like W10.

Windows 10 runs on an extremely wide gamut of hardware. The oldest computer that I have that can run Windows 10 without any problems is a computer from 2006 with an Intel 965 chipset (originally designed for P4) and a first-generation 65nm Core 2 CPU. I doubt that a newer computer from 2009 would have problems with Windows 10, esp. since the driver model was not significantly changed between 7 and 10, so drivers for Windows 7 should continue to work in Windows 10.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Tallynn
    Tallynn
    ✭✭

I was able to log in, then got a bunch of UI errors and it wouldn't let me dismiss them, moving camera worked, but I could do nothing else
    Edited by Tallynn on November 1, 2021 7:29PM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tallynn wrote: »

I was able to log in, then got a bunch of UI errors and it wouldn't let me dismiss them, moving camera worked, but I could do nothing else

Disable outdated addons if you have any.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thank you!

had same problem as everyone else, am using win 7 64bit - kept getting missing sensapi.dll message when launching eso64.exe (which I have to do in order to play 2nd account non-steam ESO direct bought version on same computer)

Launching my main account, steam version, via steam launcher works fine.

Using this copy tip works around the problem, hope devs fix this though the correct way