Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Daniel141182
    weird should be there when yo do the quest still :(
  • waigorrun
    waigorrun
    I was hoping "A quest of Sand, Snow. and Blood" and "An Invitation to Elsweyr" would have made it back to game during the Blackwood Event. But I haven't found them. I checked the Impresarios's tent in Northern Elsweyr, Blackwood, Summerset, Stonefalls, Glenumbra, Auridon, and Vvardenfell. Has anyone noted other places they may have shown up?

• Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the prologue cleared a few gaps. Now back to missing:

Foolish Wings - I assume still not found?
    Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7 - Anyone found a post quest location?
  • Uhlrich
    Uhlrich
    Altyrann wrote: »

I am down to 3 books I’m missing. Both of those and the tale of dauntless bananas since I’m a red. I have found no locations for those first 2 mentioned unfortunately.

• aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    waigorrun wrote: »
    I was hoping "A quest of Sand, Snow. and Blood" and "An Invitation to Elsweyr" would have made it back to game during the Blackwood Event. But I haven't found them. I checked the Impresarios's tent in Northern Elsweyr, Blackwood, Summerset, Stonefalls, Glenumbra, Auridon, and Vvardenfell. Has anyone noted other places they may have shown up?

You will have to wait till next year now, those events have been and gone. They are only available while the event they are for is on.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have another book that seems to be unobtainable:

"The Merchant Lords' Compiled Documents"

I apparently did not score this book on my first run through Zenithar's Abbey.

So I need to go through the dungeon again to get it...

BUT... It is supposedly in the last room in the Abbey. And I cannot enter the Abbey because there is no way to open the doors of the Abbey again. I walk up to the great doors, there is no option to open them. I cannot get the sigil keys again because the quest is over and done with.

So how do I now find, read and score this book for my eidetic memory? Is there a way to go into the Abbey a second time after completing the quest?
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    I have another book that seems to be unobtainable:

"The Merchant Lords' Compiled Documents"

I apparently did not score this book on my first run through Zenithar's Abbey.

So I need to go through the dungeon again to get it...

BUT... It is supposedly in the last room in the Abbey. And I cannot enter the Abbey because there is no way to open the doors of the Abbey again. I walk up to the great doors, there is no option to open them. I cannot get the sigil keys again because the quest is over and done with.

So how do I now find, read and score this book for my eidetic memory? Is there a way to go into the Abbey a second time after completing the quest?

When you finish the quest, you have to go out the door for the book to appear, go back in the exit door before jumping down and you can get the book back in the room you just left, otherwise you will be going though from the start to get "The Merchant Lords' Compiled Documents" that appeared there after you had left the place.

I could go back in the second time, so not sure if they have stuffed that up since. The door should have remained unlocked.
    Edited by aussie500 on October 5, 2021 1:36PM
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no option to go through the door at all. That's my problem.

I logged out and logged in, no change. I saw another character go through the door, but I assume they were still doing the dungeon quest and thus had the sigil keys. I was unable to interact with the door in any way, it was like it was a wall. No "Open" option, and it was closed.
    Edited by jle30303 on October 5, 2021 10:58PM
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhlrich wrote: »

I am down to 3 books I’m missing. Both of those and the tale of dauntless bananas since I’m a red. I have found no locations for those first 2 mentioned unfortunately.

If you are on PC-EU post this in the chat (not sure if anything like this exist for the NA as well):
    /script JumpToHouse('@Lyssa8521')
    and press enter.
    Once you entered the Panterfang Chapel you go upstairs to the "Panterfang Chapel Hall". Again upstairs and to the middle one of the 3 door behind you to enter the "Panterfang Courtyard", cross this courtyard to reach the door to "Panterfang Fort" and enter it.
    In the Fort you go right and 1 floor upstairs. Look for this place and read it:
    qnkd713nniro.png
    Edited by Gamer1986PAN on October 7, 2021 5:42PM
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    There was no option to go through the door at all. That's my problem.

I logged out and logged in, no change. I saw another character go through the door, but I assume they were still doing the dungeon quest and thus had the sigil keys. I was unable to interact with the door in any way, it was like it was a wall. No "Open" option, and it was closed.

The door does indeed lock behind you now soon as you enter, and you cannot get the sigil keys again to open the door, I had a character do it yesterday, she could not go back through the door, could not enter the door from the other side. They have not included a way to get back up to the back door once you jumped down, invisible walls all over the place, so it is currently not possible to get the book if you missed it the first time. Another of their 'improvments' It worked just fine when they first released Blackwood, although the book should be changed to appear outside next to the quest giver rather than in the room you just left., only after you went out the door.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are on PC-EU post this in the chat (not sure if anything like this exist for the NA as well):
    and press enter.
    Once you entered the Panterfang Chapel you go upstairs to the "Panterfang Chapel Hall". Again upstairs and to the middle one of the 3 door behind you to enter the "Panterfang Courtyard", cross this courtyard to reach the door to "Panterfang Fort" and enter it.
    qnkd713nniro.png

Can you do this in ANY instance of Pantherfang Chapel - for instance, a "Preview Housing" link even though the house is currently unavailable for purchase - or does it require to be a specific person's link?
  • Uhlrich
    Uhlrich

and press enter.
    qnkd713nniro.png

Unfortunately I am Xbox NA, so I’m really guessing that doesn’t work lol.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭

and press enter.
    qnkd713nniro.png

Can you do this in ANY instance of Pantherfang Chapel - for instance, a "Preview Housing" link even though the house is currently unavailable for purchase - or does it require to be a specific person's link?

No you cannot do it in any instance, it has to be someone who has placed their book in a home they own. Obviously a preview house is not decorated and is not going to have a player owned book in it. If you are on the PC-EU server the link is to the house owned by Lyssa8521 If you are on any other server the link will not work and you cannot get the book.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where in either the Dread Cellar or Red Petal Bastion the book 'We Can't Leave' is?
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Anyone know where in either the Dread Cellar or Red Petal Bastion the book 'We Can't Leave' is?

Somewhere in: Red Petal Bastion Exterior (Red Petal Bastion Dungeon)
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    Djennku wrote: »

Somewhere in: Red Petal Bastion Exterior (Red Petal Bastion Dungeon)

Thank you!
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    So apparently Foolish Wings is not bugged, and is not related to the Arpenia delve, but is the event book.

Now THAT was a wild crow chase...
    In addition to the above goodies, this year’s event also introduces a new daily quest, titled Plucking the Crow. This new quest is available each day from Witchmother Taerma, who is within Olyve’s Brewery AND at every Impresario tent in Tamriel. Her daily quest charges you with collecting 50 Cursed Feathers, found within Plunder Skull containers. Once you have collected all 50, you can transform them into an effigy that you can then use to transport yourself into a special realm to battle a new world boss monster—good luck!
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    I am missing 3 books from The Reach Reader - Falkfyr’s complete report, Falkfyr’s page 7 and Gray Host Intelligence Report. Does anyone know where they are post quest?
    Xbox NA
  • erdbeerheld
    erdbeerheld
    ✭✭✭
    So apparently Foolish Wings is not bugged, and is not related to the Arpenia delve, but is the event book.

In addition to the above goodies, this year’s event also introduces a new daily quest, titled Plucking the Crow. This new quest is available each day from Witchmother Taerma, who is within Olyve’s Brewery AND at every Impresario tent in Tamriel. Her daily quest charges you with collecting 50 Cursed Feathers, found within Plunder Skull containers. Once you have collected all 50, you can transform them into an effigy that you can then use to transport yourself into a special realm to battle a new world boss monster—good luck!

I just did the quest, but I didnt see any book to read in inventory or in the Evergloam realm.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nor did I, so still missing Foolish Wings and Falkfyr p7
  • Annelid01
    Annelid01
    ✭✭
    Deet-Loh's Notes: Nereid Curses = not visible first time into Vunalk. Need to go back in to see it.

Checked on several characters.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any idea where to find the book if it is indeed witches festival-related? I'm not seeing it anywhere.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Uhlrich
    Uhlrich
    So was anyone actually able to find On Foolish Wings? Or was that just speculation
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    So was anyone actually able to find On Foolish Wings? Or was that just speculation

Not found, it was just speculation.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know if the new patch has brought any missing books?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found "Foolish Wings" here
    zn6c92c2bdyr.jpg
    Edited by Rishikesa108 on November 3, 2021 12:04AM
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirn "Foolish Wings" FIXED. But still "Falkfyr’s page " bugged

Hugs for @Rishikesa108

56kkqrzwq3m6.jpg
  • DanaeldeWitz
    DanaeldeWitz
    ✭✭
    thank you !
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Found "Foolish Wings" here
    zn6c92c2bdyr.jpg

Legend! <3
  • flynntribe
    I’m standing in the same spot that has been posted & nothing (NA PS4)7phns1iibd64.jpeg
    njjq37j12zar.jpeg