The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    Holger30 wrote: »

The Reach Reader:

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

And this book look bugged if you have already finished quest qith this:
    Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

This book is absolutely bugged after finished "The Lost Scout's Report" quest, because it was possible to read it as showed in this video at time 15:50 but in Lore Library, until the Update 31 it wasn't listed yet.

nqaolqpawvwe.jpg

w7hte9foa0k3.jpg

The book has been listed after the Update 31 ... too late for people who have done the "The Lost Scout's Report" quest before.

This is the current situation for people, like me, who have already done the "The Lost Scout's Report" quest before Update 31:

c8fk3eahro2c.jpg

ynnx5huqjkcn.jpg

3j3cfaalmyge.jpg

kt7a4rutybz9.jpg

And this is my feedback / bug:

p8zk16ofcc5z.png

Like this post <3

Thank you GeneralEU :)

Altyrann wrote: »
    Why on earth add a book so long after the content release and not put in a post quest location for it?

I strongly agree !! :#
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on August 29, 2021 1:05PM
    PC | EU
  • TheTuSiK
    TheTuSiK
    ✭✭✭
    So I'm not the only one who has the "Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7" issue. I sent a ticket as well, still waiting for a response.
    So I'm also missing 4 books from "Daedric Cults" but it really looks like they are realted to incoming prologue quest.
    I also don't have the one related to Blackwood event but that one is also a matter of time.
    "Foolish Wings" still bugged :s
    There's one more book I don't have: "Time to Face Reality" from Library of Incunabula. I assume it's in one of the new dungeons. Anyone has more specific location of it please?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    TheTuSiK wrote: »
    So I'm not the only one who has the "Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7" issue. I sent a ticket as well, still waiting for a response.
    So I'm also missing 4 books from "Daedric Cults" but it really looks like they are realted to incoming prologue quest.
    I also don't have the one related to Blackwood event but that one is also a matter of time.
    There's one more book I don't have: "Time to Face Reality" from Library of Incunabula. I assume it's in one of the new dungeons. Anyone has more specific location of it please?

Inside broken barrel:
    47sthfpagc77.jpg
    y7ct6nrglg1z.jpg
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    TheTuSiK wrote: »

Inside broken barrel:
    47sthfpagc77.jpg
    y7ct6nrglg1z.jpg

Thank you !!! :)
    PC | EU
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello
    Just listing a few books im still missing

Author's Assistant Wanted!
    Bugged after the quest is completed.

Foolish Wings
    Bugged/Not yet found

A Tale of the Dauntless Bananas
    Ad Faction pvp. Not yet found for other factions (console Ep)

The Undaunted Need You!
    Obtainable during the undaunted event

• Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gandalf_72 wrote: »
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Why on earth add a book so long after the content release and not put in a post quest location for it?
    I strongly agree !!
    Also strongly agree. This is utterly baffling. Anyone who had already completed this quest won't be able to find it, but no one thought about how long the DLC had already been out or about putting it somewhere post-quest?

Also sent a ticket. 210829-002130
    |H1:book:6322|h|h

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7, introduced with Unpdate 31, is bugged right out the gate. Once the original quest it completed (which it will be for most people who have all the other pages), Page 7 is not available to read and thus can never be obtained. Please place a copy of Page 7 somewhere or place copies of all the pages near the "Complete" book.

In addition to this, "Author's Assistant Wanted!" is still no where to be found after the quest. Have sent repeated tickets for this.
    Anne13 wrote: »
    Hello
    Author's Assistant Wanted!
    Bugged after the quest is completed.
    After all these years, you'd think they'd have a means coded in so that books are actually read the first time you pick them up rather than having to read it in the quest section of your inventory. Almost without fail, after every major update which introduces a number of books, one of those books will end up bugged or otherwise unobtainable.

As someone who, for a long time, has been missing only bugged/unobtainable books, one feature suggestion would be to make Eidetic Memory account wide in the same way leads/codex entries are. That being: you have to complete the Mages Guild as normal in order to gain access to it. Once you do, all books you've found for "Eidetic Memory" will be put there in the same way Codex entries are for the excavation feature. But rename it to some sort of Library (as an example: Shalidor's Library, then rename Shalidor's Library to Eidetic Memory, given that you have to go around and get those books per character in order to level Mages Guild). That way, you can do these quests with "bugged" books on other characters and still have access to the books in the Library.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Daniel141182
    missing miners is added post quest outside bottomless pit near the barn beside a barrel thought you all whould like to know
  • Daniel141182
    where can i find
    Walking flame letter
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    where can i find
    Walking flame letter

In next prolog for Deadlands
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dang, stupid. Count me as someone who now doesn't have Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7 either. I did that quest last year. Well, maybe in a couple years or so they will add the book to the game.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Rite of Scion is still missing from the vampire quest reward and it is not in the area any where.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    8 Books I needed

Books of Bladwook:

Foolish Wings

Daedric Cults:

Elegian's Notes
    Lyranth's Letter
    Waking Flame Correspondence
    Waking Flame Letter

The Impresario's Catalogue:

A Quest of Sand, Snow, and Blood
    Bounties of Blackwood

The Reach Reader:

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

Foolish Wings - Bugged for now

From new prolog for deadlands:
    Elegian's Notes
    Lyranth's Letter
    Waking Flame Letter

Future events:
    A Quest of Sand, Snow, and Blood
    Bounties of Blackwood

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

Please read here this post.

t99nri1xte4q.png

EDIT: available since september 30th!

9z7umogxw5t4.png

ygitnmtrfr2h.png

tytkokjk3vud.png

Edited by Gandalf_72 on September 30, 2021 2:55PM
    PC | EU
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    OK, the Deadlands' Prologue Quest "An Apocalyptic Situation" will be in Update 32.

An Apocalyptic Situation - en.uesp.net

Update 32 Prologue Quest – An Apocalyptic Situation - eso-hub.com

tounnepv8x6m.png

EDIT: available since september 30th!

0t2fu29wdugi.jpg

r6db7osmaujf.jpg

wifzdf7qbs8i.jpg
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on September 30, 2021 2:46PM
    PC | EU
  • waigorrun
    waigorrun
    Goldleaf Acquisitions, Manager's Notes can be found in the Cold Moon Inn in Windhelm ivscfqotdctn.png

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone find a way to get that page in the barrel in the beginning of red petal bastion? I tried but for the life of me could not interact with it.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    Anyone find a way to get that page in the barrel in the beginning of red petal bastion? I tried but for the life of me could not interact with it.
    Jump on crater or barrel works good for me
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »

I had to stand back from it and wiggle the curser around till it picked up the interation. It was not that hard to get it when the DLC first came out.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went amd got it last night, walked up to barrell, clicked on book, added to library
  • Daniel141182
    so anyone checked if rite of scion is fixed on test server.
    and any luck on foolish wings?
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any help with these please

Elgian's notes
    Lyranth's letter
    Waking flame correspondence
    Waking flame letter
    Bounties of blackwood
    Falkfyr's notes, Page 7

Still not found - foolish wings?
    Still bugged - Author's Assistant Wanted!
    Still no other place for another faction - A Tale of the Dauntless bananas (console ep)

The Undaunted Need You! During the next undaunted event. If anyone knows when this event is due again please.

Thanks in advance
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st four new prologue quest not yet released.

Bounties of Blackwood will be available tomorrow when the Bounties of Blackwood event goes live
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Any help with these please

Elgian's notes
    Lyranth's letter
    Waking flame correspondence
    Waking flame letter
    Bounties of blackwood
    Falkfyr's notes, Page 7

Still not found - foolish wings?
    Still bugged - Author's Assistant Wanted!
    Still no other place for another faction - A Tale of the Dauntless bananas (console ep)

The Undaunted Need You! During the next undaunted event. If anyone knows when this event is due again please.

Thanks in advance

Foolish Wings - Bugged for now

From new prolog for deadlands:
    Elegian's Notes
    Lyranth's Letter
    Waking Flame Letter

Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

The Undaunted Need You! - There should be an event with that by the end of the year.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, still no "Missing Miners"?

Or has it been implemented somewhere completely else?

Has anybody seen this book, post-quest, on the live (non-PTS) servers, and if so, can they please post exactly where it is SUPPOSED to be?
  • Daniel141182
    missing miners are added outside the inn close to dusktown or to be exact close to the first barn outisde the inn
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

This baffles me. I did the quest again on another toon.
    The quest takes you to every page and the last one the 7th page finishes the quest. Then turns into Falkfyr's Notes complete book.

There's quest markers to follow.
    How is that possible to miss lol -_-

• jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, thanks, have now read "Missing Miners". Falkfyr's page 7, though... I thought I had all the books in the Reach, was this one added later?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

The quest takes you to every page and the last one the 7th page finishes the quest. Then turns into Falkfyr's Notes complete book.

jle30303 wrote: »
    Okay, thanks, have now read "Missing Miners". Falkfyr's page 7, though... I thought I had all the books in the Reach, was this one added later?

Falkfyr's page 7 was added in last update do if you finished quest with this you have bugged page now.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Falkfyr's Notes, Page 7

jle30303 wrote: »

Falkfyr's page 7 was added in last update do if you finished quest with this you have bugged page now.

Ahh that makes sense. Zos logic. Add a lore book to a quest. That a vast majority of players would have already completed without a post quest location. Brilliant!
  • Daniel141182

and when will they fix rite of scion or is the book placed somewhere?
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    and when will they fix rite of scion or is the book placed somewhere?

The book is no longer in the game, has not been for years. The only time you could get it originally was as a quest reward for the quest you have to become a vampire, and they removed it from that a fair while ago. As usual it never occurred to them to actually put the book in the physical world when they removed it from the quest.