Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This patch made Xbox unplayable with crashing

• jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    This "solution" you have offered is an insult. If you had any respect for your customers you'd find another way. I have crashed four times in the past half hour simply trying to get to the striking locales. I also crashed on the one daily I've tried to do.
    And you want me to continue wasting my time doing this in order to get a ticket for something I've paid for? You don't treat subscribers like this. We should get refunds or a free month of eso plus in addition to whatever rewards for all the days of the event that this has occurred.
    Edited by jackiemanuel on October 2, 2021 4:26AM
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Now I can't even load into the game at all.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Guess what, just crashed again in the first daily. That makes the grand total of dailies that I've completed ZERO.
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    This "solution" you have offered is an insult. If you had any respect for your customers you'd find another way. I have crashed four times in the past half hour simply trying to get to the striking locales. I also crashed on the one daily I've tried to do.
    And you want me to continue wasting my time doing this in order to get a ticket for something I've paid for? You don't treat subscribers like this. We should get refunds or a free month of eso plus in addition to whatever rewards for all the days of the event that this has occurred.

I agree totally with this. The only thing zos is offering is for us to put in tickets w/the explanation of can't get tickets due to series x/s crashing...are you for real zos??? What about those of us who are wasting our time and energy by logging in constantly and pushing through the crashes? You need to do much much better zos... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_Kevin
  • Washac
    Washac
    gronoxvx wrote: »
    Washac wrote: »
    So today I thought I would log in and just do some champion points grinding while waiting for the patch, but no now I cannot even use my main character at all it is stuck going into the secret passage in the Coven Conundrum quest, it tries to load my character but just throws me straight out the game, at least yesterday I could play as long as I didn't teleport or go into dungeons. All Microsoft seem to offer is an ESO Plus cancellation, no point in that as it will still run iot's coarse until repay time, I was looking for a refund, but seems there no option for that. I was going to buy Blackwood to do the event glad I didn't now, it is NOT the time to run an event in my book.

If you search for "refund subscription" in the xbox help site it will direct you to a form you can submit. I did that and got a refund within 48 hours.

Refund refused for me :(
  • phototut5259
    phototut5259
    ✭✭
    Just lost for words really all I want to do is chill playing a game I have played since its beta days. Instead I have spent most of my time staring at the glorious xbox desktop.
    All we ask is you treat us with a little more respect, consideration and keep us informed about progress.
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    So today I thought I would log in and just do some champion points grinding while waiting for the patch, but no now I cannot even use my main character at all it is stuck going into the secret passage in the Coven Conundrum quest, it tries to load my character but just throws me straight out the game, at least yesterday I could play as long as I didn't teleport or go into dungeons. All Microsoft seem to offer is an ESO Plus cancellation, no point in that as it will still run iot's coarse until repay time, I was looking for a refund, but seems there no option for that. I was going to buy Blackwood to do the event glad I didn't now, it is NOT the time to run an event in my book.

If you search for "refund subscription" in the xbox help site it will direct you to a form you can submit. I did that and got a refund within 48 hours.

What was their reason for refusing the refund? I'd like to see the parameters for this...Just out of curiosity and my ever growing cynicism.
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭

The return process was incredibly easy for me with no follow up questions and an accepted return within the same day.

I simply told the truth in the explanation. ESO doesn't work on Xbox Series X|S and ZOS has publicly acknowledged this. I asked to have a refund for a product I paid in advance for but does not work.

You'll receive a series of emails upon acceptance. The first email does make it seem as if your refund is denied. It just simply says "your refund request has been closed" but the follow up emails state that it has been accepted and how to check on the status of the return.
  • joleda4ub17_ESO
    joleda4ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm back to unable to log in at all. I logged out yesterday in the silent halls group dungeon in blackwood. I crash on the first loading screen when I try and login today. Is the zone full of players? Maybe give us the ability to login to our house or some other location?

I did manage to get 2 tickets so far this week. Total.
  • ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ClawOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rolling out a fix on the usual schedule is not 'as quickly as possible.' There's plenty of evidence of other devs (who aren't owned by MS FFS) getting fixes done more quickly. You guys have made the premium service I pay for worthless. There should be a global reward to Xbox Series players instead of refunded event tickets on a case by case basis. What if some of your subscribers just wanted to do pvp or questing or housing? They get screwed because the only refund you're offering is event tickets. The update is appeasement and the 'solution' you're offering is weak. If you think this crap is gonna make everyone thrilled to have the privilege to log in to eso you're wrong. But y'all don't really care about that anyway do you?

This. What a slap in the face.
  • Washac
    Washac

What was their reason for refusing the refund? I'd like to see the parameters for this...Just out of curiosity and my ever growing cynicism.

I told the truth about why I wanted the refund and this is their reason......
    It’s been longer than our refund policy allows for digital game products.
    I bought into ESO start of August.
  • Washac
    Washac
    SkadiMZ wrote: »

The return process was incredibly easy for me with no follow up questions and an accepted return within the same day.

I simply told the truth in the explanation. ESO doesn't work on Xbox Series X|S and ZOS has publicly acknowledged this. I asked to have a refund for a product I paid in advance for but does not work.

You'll receive a series of emails upon acceptance. The first email does make it seem as if your refund is denied. It just simply says "your refund request has been closed" but the follow up emails state that it has been accepted and how to check on the status of the return.

I explained the same as yourself and this is why it was refused, cut from their reply.
    I'm following up on your refund request.
    We're really sorry we can't give you a refund.
    It’s been longer than our refund policy allows for digital game products
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    I explained the same as yourself and this is why it was refused, cut from their reply.

Just in case it wasn't clear, I got a refund on my ESO+ subscription, not on any of the content that I purchased (such as Blackwood).

Were you trying to get a refund for your subscription or purchased content?
  • Washac
    Washac

Just in case it wasn't clear, I got a refund on my ESO+ subscription, not on any of the content that I purchased (such as Blackwood).

On the form I put ESO+ and gave them the order number.
  • joleda4ub17_ESO
    joleda4ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get to play at all on a Saturday due to a game bug and the developers blame someone else. Typical for IT/Computer industry to always say it's someone else's fault.
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    I've given up until it's fixed. I'm too nervous about my character getting stuck in an infinite crash loop ( too many reports of this happening ) and the potential hassle it may cause even after the patch has dropped.

As disappointed as I am with the whole situation I'm not gonna vent as i understand the past 18 months have been tough on everyone and the ongoing pandemic will have greatly affected every aspect of QA, development etc.. I just ask that you please make more of an effort when pushing these patches out to us console players even if it means delaying scheduled DLC, large game updates etc

In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • Akali
    Akali
    ✭✭
    The incessant crashes are seriously ruining the enjoyment of the event for me.

Yes I can get through and get my two tickets but as I said, it's ruining the enjoyment of the event.

• Akali
    Akali
    ✭✭
    Since last night the crashes have become outlandish, again, after a few days of them being just 'annoying'

I just don't get it, I don't understand what has changed and if it's something I have done.

Can ZOS give us no CLUE as to what may be aggravating the issue?

6 times, I have crashed, THIS MORNING, and it's getting to that point again where I just can't be bothered keep loading the game up over and over.

Anything?
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    Akali wrote: »
    Since last night the crashes have become outlandish, again, after a few days of them being just 'annoying'

I just don't get it, I don't understand what has changed and if it's something I have done.

Can ZOS give us no CLUE as to what may be aggravating the issue?

6 times, I have crashed, THIS MORNING, and it's getting to that point again where I just can't be bothered keep loading the game up over and over.

Anything?

If it's only happening on Series S/X consoles I cant help wondering if it's something to do with loading data from the SSD?

I've noticed those super quick load times can cause brief lag issues when loading into busy areas since the first next gen patch dropped so maybe the problem lies here??

Would be nice if we could get some kind of explanation
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had 4 blue screen crashes on PS4 pro in 5 hours today
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    This event has been a fiasco. Their solution to this problem is insulting.
  • geeve420
    geeve420
    Really bad this morning! I have been dashboarded 4 times in a matter of 10 minutes. I'm just doing mundane stuff too. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE AND YOUR SOLUTION IS RIDICULOUS.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, it's terrible. We have to press the issue [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 3, 2021 4:29PM
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like to point out when PS4 NA had extended maintenance y’all extended the event to compensate, the same should be done here

That’d be easier than taking in hundreds of ticket requests to give out missing tickets
  • geeve420
    geeve420
    Okay....crashed to dashboard 10 times in 15 minutes now. Just trying to do crafting writs....in Vvardenfell. Wish me luck on my daily random dungeon. This is stupid! I sure we get better compensation than having to submit a trouble ticket for event tickets. We can't even just play the game!!!
    Edited by geeve420 on October 3, 2021 8:20PM
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took lesss than half an hour for first bluscreen crash on PS4 pro today
  • Lucozade85
    Lucozade85
    ✭✭✭
    Loaded in yesterday for vBRP and crashed before I even got to it.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I filed a ticket that told me to uninstall and reinstall the game. I knew that would not work but like a idiot I blew half my data. Still can't load my character. I have been unable to play all week and am pretty pissed off missed all last weeks endeavors and the event. I have tried daily to log in and just crash loading character every time. Played since Console launch but feel like this might be it if I don't get compensation.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We have submitted the changes for certification and are on track for the incremental patch on October 6. As we’ve noted before, unfortunately this is not something we can hotfix and we are working to get it live as quickly as possible.

Are you able to give us a rough idea of what size this update will be?

The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    npuk wrote: »
    Are you able to give us a rough idea of what size this update will be?

Recently, they acknowledged that updates and patch sizes were abnormally high on series x|s and they weren't sure why. I would anticipate a full redownload of the game. Maybe less if we're lucky, but next gen owners haven't been lucky with this game since the enhanced update.
This discussion has been closed.