The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

This patch made Xbox unplayable with crashing

• jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Jarrods32 wrote: »
    Anyone know when we suppose to recieve additional info on the situation

There won't be. That [snip] statement passing the buck to MS certification is all we'll get.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 2, 2021 10:47AM
  • GhostwheelGames
    GhostwheelGames
    Soul Shriven
    Hey everyone, we have an update on the Xbox Series X/S crashes. We know this has been very frustrating for everyone who experiences it and we didn’t want to give an update until we knew what was causing the crashes. We now know what is going on and have identified a fix that is going through internal testing.

Our plan is to get this to you as soon as possible. However, because this is a client fix, we must go through a full certification pass with Microsoft. This means the soonest we are able to implement this change is next Wednesday, October 6. We know this news is disappointing but we are doing everything we can to make sure you all are able to get back to playing as quickly as possible. Please know we are already discussing how to best make this up to our Xbox Series X/S players, particularly for the upcoming Bounties of Blackwood event. Thanks again for your ongoing patience and understanding here.

Thanks for update. Luckily I still have my xbox1x and hooked it back up so I could keep playing.

I take it you weren't playing on performance mode on series x? Because when i hooked up my old xbox the frame rate made me dizzy and aiming was extremely difficult.

Pretty sure I had it on Fidelity.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re not going to say anything that they don’t have to. The game is releasing a specific event to push and honor the sales of Blackwood this week, and it’s the same week as the release of New Worlds.

It’s funny because their Twitter hasn’t even mentioned it, and the top alert banner for the forums (which usually point out broken server problems) has yet to mention it. They’ll keep pushing the upcoming event and crown crate season, but they won’t push to try and get this cert thing figured out from their own parent company.
  • MetronP
    MetronP
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone, we have an update on the Xbox Series X/S crashes. We know this has been very frustrating for everyone who experiences it and we didn’t want to give an update until we knew what was causing the crashes. We now know what is going on and have identified a fix that is going through internal testing.

Our plan is to get this to you as soon as possible. However, because this is a client fix, we must go through a full certification pass with Microsoft. This means the soonest we are able to implement this change is next Wednesday, October 6. We know this news is disappointing but we are doing everything we can to make sure you all are able to get back to playing as quickly as possible. Please know we are already discussing how to best make this up to our Xbox Series X/S players, particularly for the upcoming Bounties of Blackwood event. Thanks again for your ongoing patience and understanding here.

Thank you for the update. Hope it gets through sooner rather than later.
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    So the Blackwood event has started and still many of us are unable to participate. Some have it worse than others but why log in when you can get kicked for no reason doing the most menial of tasks in game. Personally I'm not bothered about a refund for ESO+, I've cancelled it so it stops there.
    I just want to play the game I love to play. So the fix is Oct 6th so by then the event will be for the most part over and none of us will have had an opportunity to gain event tickets to get the mount we've all been grinding for. I'm not logging in to be crashed to dashboard every 5/10 minutes. So what do you have planned ZOS? How will you handle this? There is the other thing though, You know the subscription we've paid for to play the game which we can't play presently through no fault of our own. So once the fix is in and it either works or doesn't what are you going to do about all of us who have been short changed? It was mentioned you were discussing it so can we all have an update please on how this is progressing? Even some communication is better than none.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one thing i noticed yesterday.

on my main character it rarely crashes. i saw somewhere online someone suggested switching characters.

when i try to play on any of my alts it crashes every 5 minutes. switched back to my main and played for 3 hours without crashing.

no idea if this helps or not just an observation.
  • eveboufa
    eveboufa
    ✭✭
    How do throw on an event knowing this problem is happening? I can’t even really do this event and enjoy it because I keep getting dashboarded!!
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for update. Luckily I still have my xbox1x and hooked it back up so I could keep playing.

I take it you weren't playing on performance mode on series x? Because when i hooked up my old xbox the frame rate made me dizzy and aiming was extremely difficult.

Pretty sure I had it on Fidelity.

I figured. Once you get used to eso at 60 fps it's jarring to go back. Maybe I would've adjusted but it was literally making me feel ill. Which sucks because I'm crashing constantly on series x. You Should give performance mode a try when they patch the series x. It's by far the best game play experience and looks good enough too.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

We have an update on the Xbox Series X|S crashes. We have submitted the changes for certification and are on track for the incremental patch on October 6. As we’ve noted before, unfortunately this is not something we can hotfix and we are working to get it live as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we would like to share a potential temporary workaround that some players have reported. This may be helpful as we head into the Bounties of Blackwood event today.

Potential workaround
    We have heard from several players that running ESO in Fidelity Mode on Xbox Series X|S has helped with the frequency of crashes in some cases. Please note that this approach many not work for everyone, but it is worth trying to see if it helps you between now and the incremental patch on Wednesday. If this workaround does decrease your crashes on Xbox Series X|S, please let us know.

Bounties of Blackwood Event Tickets
    If you are impacted by the Xbox Series X|S crashes during the Bounties of Blackwood event and cannot obtain your Event Tickets as a result, we ask that you please submit a Support ticket so we may help you.

In your Support ticket, please note which days during the Bounties of Blackwood event you were unable to obtain Event Tickets, and include that the reason was crashes on Xbox Series X|S.

Our Customer Support team will review your ticket, verify in-game details, and once confirmed, grant the Event Tickets.

*Please note that our Customer Support team will be checking accounts for Event Tickets earned during the dates listed in the Support Ticket. If you are able to successfully log into ESO and earn Event Ticket during the Bounties of Blackwood event, please do not submit a Support Ticket.

We understand the crashes are frustrating. Thank you for your continue patience as we work on providing a solution.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • eveboufa
    eveboufa
    ✭✭
    So I can’t even get log
    Into one of my characters that is currently in Blackwood as it crashes when trying to load in (10th crash now) and this is on the Xbox NA server. I can log into other toons that are not in Blackwood.
    Edited by eveboufa on September 30, 2021 4:51PM
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    yeah was tired of crashing, I still had my box one series, so I just swapped my X out, but holy cow it's slow and glitchy, and the outfit rendering is bad. I was trying to change Mirri's outfit and it doesn't even look like what I picked. (Trying to get the fashionable friend achievement). It's definitely a slower load into cities too. Everyone's skin doesn't load right away so it looks like a bunch of ninjas running around.
    Xbox X- NA
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Working on getting it live as quickly as possible" Actually means youre lining it up with your fortnightly maintenance schedule. So it doesn't seem like youre going out of your way to fix it tbh.

I know im being a karen, but this just reinforces why a large amount of the population think negatively of you zos.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Our raid team, who had no issues clearing VRG before this crash issue, couldn't complete it today during the event because of constant lag, disconnects, and skills not firing, so no double VRG drops for us. I'm mad as hell.

How are we being compensated for that???
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    I had a crash for every world boss I was fighting yesterday.

In oblivion portals I saw other people disappear and coming back.

This is not the time for an event.
  • Washac
    Washac
    So today I thought I would log in and just do some champion points grinding while waiting for the patch, but no now I cannot even use my main character at all it is stuck going into the secret passage in the Coven Conundrum quest, it tries to load my character but just throws me straight out the game, at least yesterday I could play as long as I didn't teleport or go into dungeons. All Microsoft seem to offer is an ESO Plus cancellation, no point in that as it will still run iot's coarse until repay time, I was looking for a refund, but seems there no option for that. I was going to buy Blackwood to do the event glad I didn't now, it is NOT the time to run an event in my book.
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Washac wrote: »
    So today I thought I would log in and just do some champion points grinding while waiting for the patch, but no now I cannot even use my main character at all it is stuck going into the secret passage in the Coven Conundrum quest, it tries to load my character but just throws me straight out the game, at least yesterday I could play as long as I didn't teleport or go into dungeons. All Microsoft seem to offer is an ESO Plus cancellation, no point in that as it will still run iot's coarse until repay time, I was looking for a refund, but seems there no option for that. I was going to buy Blackwood to do the event glad I didn't now, it is NOT the time to run an event in my book.

If you search for "refund subscription" in the xbox help site it will direct you to a form you can submit. I did that and got a refund within 48 hours.
    Edited by gronoxvx on October 1, 2021 10:01AM
  • patricknl76
    patricknl76
    ✭✭✭
    Good that you going to release a fix for Xbox , but on PS4 iḿ also crashing several times a day since last patch . So what about a fix for PS4?
  • Washac
    Washac
    gronoxvx wrote: »

If you search for "refund subscription" in the xbox help site it will direct you to a form you can submit. I did that and got a refund within 48 hours.

Refund application done after a bit of digging around on the help site, what did they refund you a week, a month etc.
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Refund application done after a bit of digging around on the help site, what did they refund you a week, a month etc.

Full amount of the current month.

Btw zos, i still cant do anything after the "workarounds" you mentioned. Guess i wont be logging back in until its fixed next week. Joy.
    Edited by gronoxvx on October 1, 2021 1:36PM
  • Washac
    Washac

Btw zos, i still cant do anything after the "workarounds" you mentioned. Guess i wont be logging back in until its fixed next week. Joy.

OK thanks, I tried and tried today to log in without getting thrown out, I did eventually log in OK and I played for several hours with no crashes.
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Rolling out a fix on the usual schedule is not 'as quickly as possible.' There's plenty of evidence of other devs (who aren't owned by MS FFS) getting fixes done more quickly. You guys have made the premium service I pay for worthless. There should be a global reward to Xbox Series players instead of refunded event tickets on a case by case basis. What if some of your subscribers just wanted to do pvp or questing or housing? They get screwed because the only refund you're offering is event tickets. The update is appeasement and the 'solution' you're offering is weak. If you think this crap is gonna make everyone thrilled to have the privilege to log in to eso you're wrong. But y'all don't really care about that anyway do you?
    Edited by jackiemanuel on October 1, 2021 3:52PM
  • alcoraptor
    alcoraptor
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We understand the crashes are frustrating.

Could you, perhaps, pass that onto your dev team then? Because it doesn't seem like they do.
    Every patch on console we have more of the same - bugs, crashes, impaired functionality, skills not working, insane lag.. and we get the same tired excuse of "thanks for your patience"

Praise Vivec! You were there to stop Alexandra Conele from capturing the coral heart!
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    So based on the latest update from zos , nothingvis being given nor refunded for the last 2 weeks of an unplayable game. Just we can submit a ticket for event tickets lol
  • xiphactinus
    xiphactinus
    ✭✭✭
    Well I guess the concept of goodwill has completely flown over the top of your heads...OK, that’s fine by me. Many just won't be logging in at all until the fix is in and even then there is no guarantee that it will fix the issues were having. So in order for us to qualify for event tickets you want us to log in and crash just to prove to you this is an issue. No! I won't be logging in just to experience the frustration of your broken game until the patch is released and honestly if that’s the best you can do then expect a few more to cancel their subscription. It would seem that the quest for greed has blinded you to the fact that some policies and actions are frequently more often than not counter productive to making money.
  • dissonance_ESO
    The real kicker here is the combination of "we have submitted the change for certification" and "on track for the incremental patch."

Translation: they submitted the change with a "do not publish until" to *block* availability until it's synchronized with the regular maintenance schedule, presumably because it'd be a headache to have multiple client build versions floating around so close to normal update.

The thing is, I get it. Sometimes there are procedural mechanics that make things a lot more expensive than they'd superficially appear. But can we just get an honest engagement about that being the case? Even something along the lines of "hey, incidence rate of this is high, but in the big picture it doesn't meet the bar for a special one-off fix that would be expensive for us to do and delay a lot of other work that everyone wants. We know this is frustrating and hope you can respect the tradeoff" would earn a *lot* more credibility than evading and shifting the blame to a cert process that hasn't been that slow for half a decade.
  • gronoxvx
    gronoxvx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK thanks, I tried and tried today to log in without getting thrown out, I did eventually log in OK and I played for several hours with no crashes.

Imagine if ESO plus was causing the crashes..... 🤣🤣🤣
    Edited by gronoxvx on October 2, 2021 12:59AM
  • SkadiMZ
    SkadiMZ
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, so the "submit a ticket to get event tickets" is the compensation for all of this? Seriously?

Glad I canceled my sub and got a refund for the last month. I hope enough people are doing the same so that it raises an alarm to someone in a position of authority at Microsoft.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Xbox series x came in Tuesday. When I tried it for the first time I completed writs on two characters, and tried the daily dungeon on one. Made it up to the last boss and got kicked 5 times after, could never get back in.

Wednesday I logged on to do writs and it was fine. But I was to angry to try anything else. I even got to bed at 8:30!

Thursday I switched to fidelity mode and ran 5 characters through Blackwood pathfinder, delves, and world bosses. Only got kicked once all night.

Today I logged on to take another character through, got right on and started one writ quest and was permanently kicked. Couldn’t even log into my account after that. And of course every time I get kicked ESO says it’s my fault and says I have no internet (I do.)

It’s one thing when broken games are just [snip], but the worst thing about this is how unpredictable it is. Nothing works permanently. It’s all just random until next Wednesday.

[snip]
    [edited for discussing moderator action & profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 2, 2021 1:02PM
  • Dolphinsgal
    Dolphinsgal
    ✭✭✭
    This is total [snip]...being dashboarded every few min then I had 4 characters for pvp rewards for end of the month and got absolutely nada on at least 1. Getting to top tier wasn't easy with all the blasted dc's. Now just trying to get the blasted event tickets takes 4-8x's the amount of time it should take. The last couple times I dc'd my entire system shut off and I had to unplug my xbox both times for it to even turn back on.FIX YOUR BLASTED GAME PLEASE!!!

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 2, 2021 10:46AM
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had to submit a ticket today
    My main went into the Silent Halls (Public Dungeon) in Blackwood and crashed the app back to desktop
    Now every time I try and load the character is just crashes the game

I can play on other characters fine, just my main character is now unplayable.

How does ZOS even allow this sort of thing to happen?
    Why is there no testing done before Xbox platform releases?

This is just another reason why I refuse to pay for ESO+ - the quality control on this game is SHOCKING.

This is a MICROSOFT OWNED STUDIO NOW.

WHY does it take so long to roll out fixes now?

Ridiculous...
This discussion has been closed.