The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

It is time for Class Change Token

• Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    That does not work at all for a lot of us.

I have no alt slots left. None. I am at the full 18.

Then you identified the problem, they need to lift the character max slot value. Thank you.

• Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting. If you can mess up the inventory for weeks, you can make a class change token.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • kryda
    kryda
    ✭✭✭
    A valid argument can not be made as to why we do not have class change tokens. That's why ZOS will not comment on it.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kryda wrote: »
    A valid argument can not be made as to why we do not have class change tokens. That's why ZOS will not comment on it.

Sadly true...
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES PLEASE CLASS CHANGE TOKEN!
  • borkiee
    borkiee
    ✭✭
    kryda wrote: »

Sadly true...

Y u p. I done everything on my main, entire map is white and all quests are straight up done, minus most the trials still, or homes I do not own (which I have an addon to hide unowned homes), and they are my crafter. Issue is due to my characters class, they do not really perform the best unless I change the playstyle to a way I have other characters for. They are a Dragonknight, granted a medium armor, duel weild bow using bosmer and I pretty much always played it how you would expect a Nightblade to be. Done many different builds and worked on them and nothing really stuck or was great. So I made an alt Nightblade that was a 1:1 clone and it was great, and pretty much what I always viewed the character as, but the problem is I only ever used it for pvp or just pledges and was made way after my main had mostly everything done. It ain't a leveling issue or whatever, its replacing a character with all my progress over their class, and basically, abandoning them and regulating them for crafting only, which feels like a huge waste. This is why I want class change tokens to be added. Maybe if ZOS made it to so you can not change a character ti a specific class unless you got a new character to that class to 50 already, so you know what your getting into, and give it a cooldown on use for that character. Moment they hopefully release them, they will have (even more of) my money xP. Oh and the argument of just level a new one is still dumb because spoiler, the one was used for alliance change tokens and those got added lol.
    bork
  • Holy Warpath
    Holy Warpath
    ✭✭
    The amount of time I committed to a single character, I could never get any of that commitment on any other character. It is easy for some people to just say create a new character, however for some individuals who do not understand. Players like myself who work 12 hour shifts, full time job and have family, I am not looking for a new character. I am looking for a character class change, I picked Magicka Dragonknight and I am finding it really hard to even compete with other players Veteran Trials or Dungeons and I am no tank base player, do not enjoy the attention. I do not have infinite hours like most players were they create new characters, I would rather delete my account verses spending the same amount of time recreating a character. If they offer a Class Change Token, I want to change to a Templar or Nightblade.
    I only play on the Xbox One, because it is cheaper then PC.
  • couriersix
    couriersix
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to be an unpopular opinion, feel free to disagree. I know many of you will, but I think it's a bit unfair to say that there isn't any valid reason for class changes to not exist.

For starters, I think we can all agree that ESO's coding isn't the greatest. A class change token could break the game in the literal sense- since we haven't had any tokens before which entirely change or shift even a single skill line, let alone three. Sure, curse of vampirism / lycanthropy and their respective cures will add or take away those specific skill lines, but they're not nearly as drastically effecting your character as much as a class change would, since your character is inherently tied to their class.

What if they were to release it, and it breaks so you retain both your old skills and your new ones? What if it released, and your characters new class skills are at lvl 1 and you don't have the skill points you put into your old class because the game retains it like it does when vampirism is cured with skill points still within the line? What if it makes your new skill line lvl 50, but you have no idea how to play your new class and find it dissatisfactory and cannot go immediately back due to a cool down? These are all hypothetical questions and I don't expect them to be answered, but I don't think they're entirely far-fetched scenarios.

I also don't think it's what the devs necessarily want. The entire point of having alts is so you can have multiple toons of a variety of classes, and a class change token defeats this philosophy. I think it's pretty evident that ZOS wants to have as much replayability as they possibly can, and to them a class change token may also take that away- since why level a new character and go through old quests again when you can just change your current character?

And I get it, abandoning a main sucks, leveling a new character sucks, achievement hunting all over again is awful. I've personally abandoned my old beloved stamden main for my magcro since I find necro's more enjoyable. I'm still sad I don't play on him as often, but it's not like by making a new toon that he was suddenly taken away from me and going from lvl 1-50 again really helped me learn how to play a necromancer. It was time consuming, yes, but it wasn't the end of the world.

If I could propose a few other suggestions to circumvent a few of the concerns brought up, it would be this:

- Faster experience gain for players past CP on below lvl 50 alts, make enlightenment apply to them too so it's possible to blitz through leveling.
    - Double the amount of times we can train our mounts per day for alts.
    - MORE CHARACTER SLOTS. With 6 classes, it's practically impossible to have one of every role and specification.
    - Reduced research time for alts.
    Edited by couriersix on June 23, 2021 5:20AM
    PC / NA - cp 1000+ - EP magicka necro.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a friend that won’t come back because he can’t change his class and doesn’t want to redo everything on a new character like skyshard hunting. It’s just money being left on the table
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    couriersix wrote: »

What if they were to release it, and it breaks so you retain both your old skills and your new ones?

If I could propose a few other suggestions to circumvent a few of the concerns brought up, it would be this:
    - Faster experience gain for players past CP on below lvl 50 alts, make enlightenment apply to them too so it's possible to blitz through leveling.
    - Double the amount of times we can train our mounts per day for alts.
    - MORE CHARACTER SLOTS. With 6 classes, it's practically impossible to have one of every role and specification.
    - Reduced research time for alts.

Of all the made-up reason to not have a class change token I think this is the best and really can't be beaten by anyone.

Your suggestions really show that you, like a lot of other people, have not understand why we want a class change token, please go back a read again.

• couriersix
    couriersix
    ✭✭✭
    Your suggestions really show that you, like a lot of other people, have not understand why we want a class change token, please go back a read again.

There's over 100 responses to this thread. It's impossible for me to go through every single one and respond to each concern brought up, and I actively acknowledged this in my suggestion. I get it, making a new character is incredibly grindy, and there's sentimental value to your main. I'm not denying that. But I don't think sentimental value is reason alone for a class change token to exist, and there's better ways that grinding can be addressed.
    PC / NA - cp 1000+ - EP magicka necro.
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    couriersix wrote: »

There's over 100 responses to this thread. It's impossible for me to go through every single one and respond to each concern brought up, and I actively acknowledged this in my suggestion. I get it, making a new character is incredibly grindy, and there's sentimental value to your main. I'm not denying that. But I don't think sentimental value is reason alone for a class change token to exist, and there's better ways that grinding can be addressed.

no, thats not a thing, making new alt and leveling it, grinding to be able to run vet endgame content is not problem - most vet players along with us have alts for different roles, classes to play if group need that

and there is our case - we dont like playing our alts even though we have them ready to got for trifecta dung, trial runs

grindly and time onsuming is overall (full) our progress which is stuck to single character loced behind its unchangable class for now

like all achievs etc - we have spend entire our playtime on it and thats no option we will repeat it all on alts only to comfortable play with different class character becasue we got bored of our main class after playing even for years on it only becasue we wanted to get all our progress in single place as we dont have anything like accoutwide progress, achievs

so either or accountwide progress (our, as we see that as our progress, not character) or class change token so we could play happily finally different class without losning all our progress
  • HuskyRook941840
    So...in ESO, you can *completely* change your appearance (go from tall and thin to short and fat, for example), you can literally change your ETHNICITY....

...but you can't change your job.

:s
    xBox NA
    Anana Giacoso - CP Dark Elf Mag Sorc
    Drinks-Scorpion-Venom - CP Argonian magplar healer
    Officer: Reapr Crw (casual social guild)]
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have account wide achievements myself. I don't really care much for the idea at all though, as I am not a completionist, yet I do like to see that what I have done; I did it while sticking to my class the whole way. Not jumping to FOTM or transforming to make it easier.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it has to do with achievements. Healing on a DK is different to healing on a templar, and so on. It doesn't really matter, except end-game, and even there, it's whatever, but I guess it's one reason they haven't allowed it, though I do agree with another comment about coding as well. It's easy enough to make a new toon, and nowdays at least on PC there're addons to track all achievements across your account, so it makes it easier for alts. I personally love playing with alts and have relinquished any thought of gathering everything in one place, and enjoy the game and all its classes more this way.
    Edited by Jaimeh on June 24, 2021 9:22PM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I created my main warden didn´t exist... :(
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Checking in every few months to be disappointed.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »

Same.
  • borkiee
    borkiee
    ✭✭

Same.

S a m e .
    Just do it ZOS. We put all our points in already and more money for you lol.
    bork
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS, I’ll add one more idea. Think of the non-monetary, practical benefits that you would receive from introducing a class change token. For instance, a class change token would get everyone so hyped that it would drown out the complaints of what would be yet another pendulum-swinging meta change and disastrous patch notes.

😂😂
  • SwoopIM
    SwoopIM
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the idea of a class change token! It is something I would immediately use as I have reached my character limit. Yes I like the variety of character/class combos in the game and I play them all. I even enjoy the current leveling process (back in the old days, it was no fun). If we could change class, retain the existing skill points pool and other things like guild skill lines and just re-level the class skill lines, I would love it! The only other option for me is to delete a character and loose all the "investment" if I want to go to another build/new class. When will we see a new class introduced? Or will we? (getting off topic)
  • Holy Warpath
    Holy Warpath
    ✭✭
    For players like myself that work really hard in real life 12 hour shifts, full time job, physical labor and if I am lucky I get to play video games at the most 12 to 15 hours per week. I tried starting a new character, it honestly does not feel the same for me.

If Zenimax is going to change class abilities, passives and set gear, they should really offer a Class Change Token. Because players pick certain classes for particular reasons, however when that class gets changed it contradicts the whole point of choosing that class in the first place.
    Edited by Holy Warpath on July 26, 2021 3:20PM
    I only play on the Xbox One, because it is cheaper then PC.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C'mon Zenimax... I still feel like I'm stuck with my character becase I really wanted to play necro. However I don't have time/resources to level up another character.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

@ZOS_GinaBruno

[edited for demand/protest]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 2, 2021 1:10PM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]

@ZOS_GinaBruno

[edited for demand/protest]

Come again? Perhaps reword to something more lawful so Gina can see SOMETHING given she's still tagged. SMH.
    Edited by Destai on August 3, 2021 8:47PM
  • TwoPercentMD
    TwoPercentMD
    Soul Shriven
    With all the other tokens available, it does seem like money that ZOS is just leaving on the table. Clearly given the thread, people would invest in buying these tokens. Given the zeal in which all companies want opportunities to make more money, my only guess is there is something that's preventing them at least currently from offering such a item in the crown store.

That said, I would love to see this become a reality.
  • Warriston
    Warriston
    Soul Shriven
    I would also love a class change token :)
  • Yniro
    Yniro
    ✭✭
    I support. I only have one main character and would love to change his class from Nightblade to another.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing... Damn, I really can't understand why ZOS is so reluctant about it.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Critter064
    Critter064
    Soul Shriven
    I think that the reason for the silence from ZOS is just the amount of problems are already exists and they are unable to clear the traps on the construction sites. So we should offer our help on the building area to get the CCT faster :)