The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It is time for Class Change Token

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that we're gonna get Alliance Change Token, it's time for the final token. Most people who started playing during 2016 or earlier (like me) would love to play another class.

No, it's not about leveling up a character up to Lv50. Wish this was the issue so I could reach Lv50 in like a weekend and bingo! I focused all my efforts on just one character, since 2015 when I started playing. How can I jump to a new one and abandon all researched traits, max leveled mount, a lot of motifs learned, a lot of skillpoints and a lot of achievement points? This is the problem, and a Class Change Token would solve it.

For example I'd love to change to Necromancer, a class that came last year, 4 years after I started playing. I couldn't select it back then. I wouldn't even mind if changing class would reset class perks back to Lv1. leveling them up again to Lv50 in fact would be a great training so I can get used to the new abilities.

So... thoughts?
Edited by CaptainVenom on May 6, 2020 11:09AM
🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone pretty much agrees that they need to be a thing, its just a question of when ZoS decides to do it. In my opinion we probably won't see it until the next Chapter, which should coincide with a new class if the pattern holds.
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they can do Alliance Change, then Class Change should be no problem at all
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedReign wrote: »
    Everyone pretty much agrees that they need to be a thing, its just a question of when ZoS decides to do it. In my opinion we probably won't see it until the next Chapter, which should coincide with a new class if the pattern holds.
    It is "selling convenience". ZOS is good at that recently. So, it is probably only the matter of time.
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    It definitely is time for this. I need to class change a few nightblades that aren't worth playing any more. I won't delete them due to maxed-out psijiic, mages skills and mount training, so they sit there in my log-in screen, doing nothing except hoarding stuff that I probably should decon or sell.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I focused all my efforts on just one character, since 2015 when I started playing. How can I jump to a new one and abandon all researched traits, max leveled mount, a lot of motifs learned, a lot of skillpoints and a lot of achievement points? This is the problem, and a Class Change Token would solve it.

So... thoughts?
    Would first like say I am Not opposed to the idea but is it really "abandoning" your character if you make a new one, there is a character selection screen for a reason.
    Megatto wrote: »
    If they can do Alliance Change, then Class Change should be no problem at all
    Lol Alliance change is taking your existing character, changing their color and putting them in another location.

Class change is essentially unravelling an existing character. Not saying it cant be done if you're willing to relevel your Skill lines but just seems like it makes more sense to make a new one...

So, I guess I'm just trying to understand this mindset?

My only real opposition is that some will argue that this is "Pay-2-Win" bc the Meta Chasers can just buy whichever class the developers decide is in season at the time without putting the real work in. Although, I suppose with the Skyshard and Skill line able to be unlocked through the crown store we have already opened that Pandora's Box so why the Hell not? lol
  • Isarii
    Isarii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree - 95% of your progression in ESO isn't tied to your class, making going through everything you've done before on a new character a really grating chore.

I really hope they actually add this to the game, and sooner rather than later.
    Isarii Aloroth - PC-NA | Ebonheart Pact | Dunmer | Magicka Nightblade
  • miawmiaw1337
    miawmiaw1337
    ✭✭✭
    when i strated playing magsorc were fun to me. Now pretty much all the skills I loved are ruined and the flying pet is ruining my immersion. Every time im doing a quest its just flapping in our faces whenever im in dialogues and when i get too annoyed i unsommon it which gimps my dps or my only class burst heal. I just want to try other classes without loosing all the progress i made on this char for 2 years. Im not gonna redo all these quests. And if i cant change my class then please make the bird not a flying pet anymore or put pet skins in the crown store or buff non pet sorc to be as good as pet sorc. all this flapping is making be go bonkers.
  • alaskasnowgirl
    when i strated playing magsorc were fun to me. Now pretty much all the skills I loved are ruined and the flying pet is ruining my immersion. Every time im doing a quest its just flapping in our faces whenever im in dialogues and when i get too annoyed i unsommon it which gimps my dps or my only class burst heal. I just want to try other classes without loosing all the progress i made on this char for 2 years. Im not gonna redo all these quests. And if i cant change my class then please make the bird not a flying pet anymore or put pet skins in the crown store or buff non pet sorc to be as good as pet sorc. all this flapping is making be go bonkers.

Good news. My non-pet sorc does WAY more damage than my pet sorc. I pull about 30k with it vs 20k with petsorc in the same gear. It's all about choosing the right skills. The only issue is the lack of burst healing but I use ward to make up for it. The only context in which you need at least 1 pet is PVP with the twilight heal.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that we're gonna get Alliance Change Token, it's time for the final token. Most people who started playing during 2016 or earlier (like me) would love to play another class.
    ...there is this things called "alts"... :p;)
    I focused all my efforts on just one character, since 2015 when I started playing.
    Well, that was your choice. Other people made different choices.
    How can I jump to a new one and abandon all researched traits, max leveled mount, a lot of motifs learned, a lot of skillpoints and a lot of achievement points? This is the problem, and a Class Change Token would solve it.
    I know, right?
    But alas, instead the powers that be seems to have decided to go with "Pay to mirror progress from your main" and "pay for shortcut" options.
    That alone makes a class change option unlikely to happen, since then... few would pay for the other stuff, right?
    For example I'd love to change to Necromancer, a class that came last year, 4 years after I started playing. I couldn't select it back then.
    And you can play that. Through making a fledgling alt.

But yeah, I get your vexation, oh so much.
    I felt that way every time they added another class, with warden and with necro... and then, with a heavy heart, made another alt anyhow. And at this point, they better not add another class, because that might just be the final straw that pushes me over the edge... which is why I hope they might rather do skill lines, or perhaps something along the lines of my class specialization idea...
    I wouldn't even mind if changing class would reset class perks back to Lv1.
    ...that would be a given.
    IF they ever went there, ALL class skill lines would be reset to "level 1" and you#d have to start levelling them up, morphing and maxing the skills, buying all the perks, etc. Duh.
    So... thoughts?
    The last official word from two or three years ago was still "they were considering alliance change, but have no intention of ever doing class change", and from somewhere more recent "...class change is not technically feasible" (which is ZOS speak for "we think it will take more effort to do then we expect to make profit from")

And that's it. Obviusly they have made their considerations for alliance change... and, as mentioned, decided to go with "pay for shortcut/mirrorings".

It would seem very unlikely they would go with any class change at this time, not until all mirrorings have been sold... and if people keep whining on the forums about more of those, they might do that as well. Like... mirroring all the motivs, or all the achievements... riding and trait research seems unlikely, since they are already selling crown riding lessons and research timer shortenings...

But who knows, maybe someday they will change their minds about class change. As of today, there is not even a glimpse of that being possible tho.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need class change tokens ... it's about leveling up a character up to Lv50.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings! We've removed some posts from this thread given their baiting nature.

We understand that everyone has their own opinions and frustrations they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community. Feel free to continue discussions of said topics, just be mindful of the community rules/ToS when doing so, as well as doing so in a constructive manner.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need class change tokens ... it's about leveling up a character up to Lv50.

It's so much more than just that
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    This should be a thing "IF" it includes a level drop back to 1 and skill reset. They could make a mini-quest thing out of it and a small storyline about the character losing their memory and thus starting from scratch (already a favorite ESO thing).

So you still have to relevel, but you keep bag space and crafting motifs ( but need yo relevel crafting skills.
  • LordReaper987
    LordReaper987
    ✭✭
    Ye, it's kinda sad that my main is a stam DK which i can't play in most groups atm since it is just trash compared to other classes. I could still buy a race change and make him a MagDK, but its not that simple.

All i want to do is, collect all achievements on 1 charakter, which will NEVER work if you try godslayer and such.
    They already said multiple times there won't be accountwide achievements, but either this or class change token has to be a thing.
    I don't even see a negative aspect in it for ZOS making money, since it would cost 3k crowns + and most people will stay just level up new chars.
    Make stam great again
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have all my books, all my researches, all my skyshards, and all my side guilds leveled. Just let me dump my DK already. I'm offering you guys money, no brainier let's do it.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedReign wrote: »
    Everyone pretty much agrees that they need to be a thing

Not the case. Many of us see no need for a class change token so such absolute or near-absolute statements are pretty much false. Especially when the word need is involved. At best it is a want to have for some people.

I would much rather an account-based achievement system as that subset of people who would be interested in a class change want it more to do with achievements than anything else. Such a large number of active players in an MMO have multiple characters across various classes as it is since we get bored doing the same thing day in and day out.
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    I am all for class change tokens. At first, I didn’t think we would be getting any sort of alliance change abilities, but nwe me know it is coming. The obvious next token would be for class change. I have 8 nightblades that I have made over the years I have been playing (since release on console). It would be very nice to change them and not have to gather all of the things each one has achieved during said time. I don’t want to gather all the skyshards and lore books and learn all the motifs all over again. The time spent in research on each character is another reason I don’t want to start a new character when I have so many I have already put so much time in. I am currently on my 13th character and i don’t want to continue to level it if there is a class change token in the near future. GIVE US CLASS CHANGE TOKENS, please?
    Thanks for reading.
    -Codeman1976
    [PS4] [NA]
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
  • SwedishMini
    SwedishMini
    ✭✭✭
    Been waiting and holding off of playing because of this since morrowind. Just want my orc to be a warden and not a nightblade.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been waiting and holding off of playing because of this since morrowind. Just want my orc to be a warden and not a nightblade.

In that time you've been waiting, you could have easily leveled up an Orc Warden, @SwedishMini ...
  • SwedishMini
    SwedishMini
    ✭✭✭

In that time you've been waiting, you could have easily leveled up an Orc Warden, @SwedishMini ...

Could've also not wasted time doing it and played other games. Which was more fun than grinding up another character.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could've also not wasted time doing it and played other games. Which was more fun than grinding up another character.

You can level a character to 50 in one day with XP boosts and attention to getting skill points.

If that is "grinding up another character" to you, then yes it's time to find greener pastures.
  • SwedishMini
    SwedishMini
    ✭✭✭

You can level a character to 50 in one day with XP boosts and attention to getting skill points.

If that is "grinding up another character" to you, then yes it's time to find greener pastures.

[Snip] if you think lvl 50 is what's holding me back from creating a new character. It's not my researched crafting, fully lvld horse, every zone being completed outside of chapters and DLC. It's the *** lvl 50. In my wait I'll play more Doom and Warzone and enjoy myself. When Zenimax decides to add it I'll jump back in.

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 11, 2020 11:43PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Snip] if you think lvl 50 is what's holding me back from creating a new character. It's not my researched crafting, fully lvld horse, every zone being completed outside of chapters and DLC. It's the *** lvl 50. In my wait I'll play more Doom and Warzone and enjoy myself. When Zenimax decides to add it I'll jump back in.

[Edited for bait]

Boycotting the game so that you get your way works every time with the devs ...
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 11, 2020 11:45PM
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings here. Rolling new characters is a thing in MMORPGs. Want to be a new class? Make a new character, add to a flow of new characters that can make it easier for new PLAYERS to do things.

But in ESO what we call "class" is really just three skill lines. Three of many that make up your end build.

If they made class change tokens but gave them a super lengthy cooldown or made them very expensive that could work to prevent everyone from just class swapping on a whim.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they made class change tokens but gave them a super lengthy cooldown or made them very expensive that could work to prevent everyone from just class swapping on a whim.

This idea actually does just that, @OneForSorrow ... it lets players change on a whim.

The focus of your proposal should be on accessibility and not the cooldown. Once a player changes, they’re done ... no thought about their character or theorycrafting needed.

Not that it matters. ZOS has said they have no interest in class change tokens.
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Expensive would be an accessibility thing. My thinking is a barrier against people mass swapping each time the meta changes.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My take on it, is that it is only a matter of time for Class Chnage token to appear in the Crown store.

2 Years ago ZOS was also saying big no for Alliance Change Token... and we somehow have it now.

If DLC / Chapter classes will keep getting better & better (the current trend will continue) and base game classes will keep getting gutted each patch (look at NB as an example) then Class Change token will be the only thing to keep older (veteran) players in the game.

At least, this is my prediction, based on what happened so far.
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    My take on it, is that it is only a matter of time for Class Chnage token to appear in the Crown store.

2 Years ago ZOS was also saying big no for Alliance Change Token... and we somehow have it now.

If DLC / Chapter classes will keep getting better & better (the current trend will continue) and base game classes will keep getting gutted each patch (look at NB as an example) then Class Change token will be the only thing to keep older (veteran) players in the game.

At least, this is my prediction, based on what happened so far.

Honest question here, are people basing this whole "new classes will be good while old classes get bad" thing on PvP? In PvE right now, yes the stamina necromancer is reigning but magicka necro is at the bottom. Magicka Warden was NEVER strong. Stamina is pretty good. Yes Nightblade is poor right now but Templar seems to be doing well...
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    In PvE right now, yes the stamina necromancer is reigning but magicka necro is at the bottom. Magicka Warden was NEVER strong. Stamina is pretty good. Yes Nightblade is poor right now but Templar seems to be doing well...

Is that solo PvE or end game trial/vet dungeon group content?
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    In PvE right now, yes the stamina necromancer is reigning but magicka necro is at the bottom. Magicka Warden was NEVER strong. Stamina is pretty good. Yes Nightblade is poor right now but Templar seems to be doing well...

Is that solo PvE or end game trial/vet dungeon group content?

End game. Based on research, not personal experience.