The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

It is time for Class Change Token

• M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don’t see the need. When I build a character it’s class is a key part of its look, build and outfits. I make a character of each class. My original character does all the crafting and learns all the motifs (which I think should be account wide).
    There is less money in this for ZoS because new characters can inspire sales of skill lines (especially mages guild and psijic).
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, in fact this game is very alt friendly and it hurts less when a class gets nerfed.
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I truly don't understand the posts against it, you don't have to use it if you do not see the point in it, it would be an optional item that would have zero impact on you logging into your alts and playing them. Meta followers are going to do whatever they need to min-max anyway, this would not change that

This would just be a huge boon for those who do not have the time or the will to throw away time spent on a character in a class they for whatever reason do not enjoy playing
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not everyone likes alts and this thread is proof of that and the countless other threads of a similar topic. People want a class change token. It would be more lore friendly than a race change token that's for sure. If you don't want it then don't use it but I'm sure many others would use it and it would bring ZOS a lot of money and bring a lot of convenience to many people at the same time. I've never used an alliance change token, doesn't mean I don't see the need for it or would want to spite others who wish to use it.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FelisCatus wrote: »
    Not everyone likes alts and this thread is proof of that and the countless other threads of a similar topic. People want a class change token. It would be more lore friendly than a race change token that's for sure. If you don't want it then don't use it but I'm sure many others would use it and it would bring ZOS a lot of money and bring a lot of convenience to many people at the same time. I've never used an alliance change token, doesn't mean I don't see the need for it or would want to spite others who wish to use it.

The main reason ZOS has not released a class change token is due to the extra money that it still brings them. Many people buy more slots, more outfit slots, sometimes skyshards etc.. as to avoid the tedious parts of leveling a character and do all of that since they want a particular class. If they can change classes, ZOS predatory sales practices wouldn't be nearly as impactful.. yet here we are.

The last few years proved that things can happen much faster. These large, greedy companies will ultimately learn one way or another. Just read the writing on the wall around the world.

I think someone there will wise up and offer it, but who knows!!! Don't buy anymore slots etc.. until then, if you are someone who wants it.
  • warabi
    warabi
    ✭✭✭
    If they're going to radically change classes and sets each expac and even patches within expacs I think it would just be kind of them to give us this option.
  • bryanduynguyennub18_ESO
    Here, here!
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully we can get this, in 2024 for the anniversary.