The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It is time for Class Change Token

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be an option people would use if available. I have 1 character who I would at least consider it for.
  • Viyvos
    Viyvos
    ✭✭✭
    I'd defenitly buy a class change token
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this not a thing yet?
  • DoomGrunt624
    DoomGrunt624
    ✭✭✭
    If we keep posting, they will maybe hear us.
  • Feyziness
    Feyziness
    ✭✭
    It’s time, make it expensive but make it happen.
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    Can we please get the chance to buy class change tokens? If this isn’t something possible could someone at least say so. I’m sure there are many others that would like to know the answer to this burning question.
    Thank you
    [PSN][NA] Codeman1976
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have mixed feelings here. Rolling new characters is a thing in MMORPGs. Want to be a new class? Make a new character, add to a flow of new characters that can make it easier for new PLAYERS to do things.

But in ESO what we call "class" is really just three skill lines. Three of many that make up your end build.

If they made class change tokens but gave them a super lengthy cooldown or made them very expensive that could work to prevent everyone from just class swapping on a whim.

Leveling another character to 50 is a thing of a day or two.
    But the skill lines...
    But the motifs...
    But the crafting expertise...
    But the skyshards...
    But the riding experience...
    But the achievements...
    But the area progressions...
    But the PvP level...
  • DoomGrunt624
    DoomGrunt624
    ✭✭✭
    if class change token happen, we could preserve the progression of the 3 trees skills level, but we restart from 0 the new active skills. What do you think ?
  • Fawlcha
    Fawlcha
    ✭✭
    if class change token happen, we could preserve the progression of the 3 trees skills level, but we restart from 0 the new active skills. What do you think ?

I agree with that, if you class switch your skill lines to that class is back to zero and have to work your way back up.
  • GuildedLilly
    GuildedLilly
    ✭✭✭
    Class change tokens please. Leveling new class skills from zero is perfectly fine by me.
    Grandmaster crafter, alt-o-holic, PC NA/EU, and XB1 NA/EU
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People will play more if there’s an option to change class. This one certainly would and use the token to revive some of the less used alts.
  • DoomGrunt624
    DoomGrunt624
    ✭✭✭
    The Token could cost around 3000 crowns, what do you think about the price ?
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I don't even mind the price anymore... I just want to change my class.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't read every post in this thread, but imo, it's not about Class change ( as folks have said, its easy enough to level to 50)as it is about account wide achievement change, which is THE reason people would like a class change in the first place.
    Achievement tokens are what should be implemented in some way...
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what_the wrote: »
    I didn't read every post in this thread, but imo, it's not about Class change ( as folks have said, its easy enough to level to 50)as it is about account wide achievement change, which is THE reason people would like a class change in the first place.
    Achievement tokens are what should be implemented in some way...

Yes, achievements need to be account bound, but there's more at play here. So many more things need to be treated as account wide - outfit slots, horse upgrades, alliance skills. That issue aside, there's just some stuff that shouldn't be account wide.

The issue is mainly about character progress though. There's all sorts of skills that take loads of time to level, and class is just one piece. We can change race, alliance, name, appearance - from a technical perspective I just don't see why not. All classes have three lines with the same amount of morphs and passives.

For me personally, I have a necromancer that I don't use and probably won't. I'd get more use out of that slot if I could change my class. Instead I had to buy more slots and have to level again.

There's ample and visible demand for it, so I strongly support ZOS selling it.
  • Feyziness
    Feyziness
    ✭✭
    The Token could cost around 3000 crowns, what do you think about the price ?

Make it 5,000 - 7,000 crowns for all intents and purposes. It might entice them to do it financially as well as ease the concerns of people who argue that people would change often to gain an advantage every update.
  • sorenvalen
    sorenvalen
    Soul Shriven
    the iusse with not having class change is if i wanted to start a new chacater level 50 is like mabye 30 hour my main i have palyed on for a 1000 hours all the quest i have comaptled i have to do again all the non class based skill line like mages guild that was 20 hours of finding book all the chapter and dlc zone rose training take 180 days all the tiat that takes a year of log in in a doing reserch then moifs the 30 or so i know would cost about 20 milon to relarn on my abse chacater some are not even avialbe anymore looking at the old stuff i like palying my alt my than my stam waden that my main i loved him in the begaining hate him now i would perfer to go back to a different class i like like tmepalr or nero for the bulk of my time palying it 1000 hour of pgress to get it to were my old chacate is only 30 of it if slow was spend on leveling stuff and to 50
  • MrSpencer
    MrSpencer
    ✭✭
    I swear if ZOS adds class change token, i'll buy crowns every month ;)
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I normally would not agree with a class change token as I believe one should have to level the class from scratch and put the work in.

However. I think because of the character slot limitation and the crazy balance swings we see sometimes (still waiting on magicka DK/vampires to be useful again) that a class change token is a must.

I have 2 characters I made in 2017 that are fully leveled with mounts amongst other things. I don't play them though because they are pretty much useless for how I like to play.

I hate that they are taking up a character slot, but I also can't justify deleting them because of the amount of time, money and effort it took to level them.

A class change token would solve this issue.

I am sure there are a myriad of negatives that would come along with a class change token, but I have not considered them. I just know that I hate some of my characters are "wasting" space in the limited 18 character slots.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eventually they'll release a new class. Hopefully it'll come with class change tokens. But I'm not going to hold my breath.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is possible for ZOS to implement, i dont see why not at this point
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think they could just make achievements account bound rather than to character. As is; its pretty easy to level a class; and now you can have different attributes and specs saved to easily swap back and forth. And they can make money off purchases for complete skill lines
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd pay whatever price they asked for, for a class change token. i want my main to also be my favorite class.
    however, my main will always be my first character- he's got all my recipes & motifs, and i'm not keen on spending hundreds of millions to relearn them on my "desired main".
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would this work in practice, you still have all your skill and attribute points but just have to assign them to your new class? It sounds OK to me. I don't think it's something I would regularly use but there is the odd character that I would consider it for.
  • borkiee
    borkiee
    ✭✭
    One thing that would be a good idea is make it so you can not change a character to a specific class unless you got another one of that class to 50, and said character you want to change is 50 already. For me I want one as my main I have done everything on (and i mean everything) for the most part, under performs and is not the best class for my play style and aesthetic for my character. I made an alt for the class I want them to be and it does great, problem is, it ain't my main which I want to be that. Il make alts just for pvp or pve dungeons and whatnot. Everything else in the game happens on my main, along with pvp and pve and having then in their current state is a major hindrance. Pretty much my reasons for wanting a class change token. Hell armory now let's us change our builds but can only do so much if the class ain't up to snuff, and changing the character into something else not them is a no, as that is not what I want to do with my main, just to make then the class that fits them best.
    bork
  • Allielieu
    Allielieu
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want a lot for Christmas... A class change token is all I need...
    Edited by Allielieu on December 9, 2021 7:32AM
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Allielieu wrote: »
    I don't want a lot for Christmas... A class change token is all I need...

Same! My main needs to be a warden, but I don´t want to renounce to 22k achievement points.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a single character with all my achievements, research, motifs and hard work on it.

I know I could "just level a sorc," but it's frustrating to have to redo all that progress again.

Just sell class change tokens, please!
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s been asked for years, so I’m just gonna say I want it.
  • Critter064
    Critter064
    Soul Shriven
    We're reading neither agreement nor disagreement on this subject from ZOS. This could be meaning of that they probably want but there are too many construction sites at the moment. So i think they're not against the token but don't want a new time and work eater point at this moment. Perhaps....