The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

weekly endeavor: kill 30 dragons

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Nice.
Also,
Let the non-DLC complaining begin!
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice.
    Also,

Especially when the other options are endgame-ish PvE (2 arenas or 4 trials) angry posts inc :D
    PC NA
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No pvp option?>
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 dragons is a lot. But that’s a lot of jewelry to decon as a compensation.

4 runs of nss or 2 NMA aren’t bad alternatives.
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    One could say "do the dragon dailies in both elsweyr zones and you are done in five days without any additional grind"

But would that be an acceptable answer?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every one today is insulting with it's lack of options, not just the weekly!
    Dailies are more or less Theives Guild, ESO+ or toxic!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bored myself senseless doing 25 Excavations today.

Arenas can be fun, I'll see if my boys are keen for Dragonstar or Black Rose I guess.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endevors killed eso for me.
    There is no way for people with multiple accounts to deal with this system.
    Worst year for me so far.
    First, the mindless CP grind, now this thing.
    And they do their best to make it even grindier.
    Beside bs weekly endevors, look at daily ones we have for today.
    forced pvp endevor, double dlc endevor, dungeon and only one that is quick and easy.
    If I knew things would be this way I would never ever have multiple accounts.

Game became absolute chore.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭
    I’m very upset because there is no pvp option. I guess I will do the dragon one since it has good loots during event.
    PC NA Casual/PVP
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    forced pvp endevor, double dlc endevor, dungeon and only one that is quick and easy.

But you don't have to do them?

You're letting them spoil the game for you. Most people I play with just do one or two a day sometimes because the other ones aren't what they can be bothered with or want to do.

They're an extra, not a must. And even then, a stupid long grind for very little. Ooooh, a radiant apex. Well, seeing as a lot of people will have them, it's just like a regular mount at that point. Kinda loses its shine. Not that I'm ever going to spend actual money on getting them either.

For me, it gives me some things to do when pvp is quiet. I can just go do some of them rather than think "pvp is dead at the moment, I'll log off as I have zero else to do". I haven't even been on in 4 or 5 days, and I don't care that I'm missing endeavours. Didn't even do the weekly one that just finished.

Are we supposed to balance a game and it's systems around the handful of people that play on multiple accounts?

And OP, are you feeling ok? You made a thread saying that you liked a weekly endeavour. Are you sure?? According to the forum, they're all stupid and unfair...
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    20 seals to just change one thing on your outfit, but you got to buy a sub first.
    What are you talking about? Go to any outfit station in the game, Rawlk'ha is nice and convenient, select outfit on the left, everyone has one outfit slot, select armor styles and double click the hide helm option, apply and done for 0 gold cost in less than 2 minutes.

ESO+ is only required for dyeing costumes, and that doesn't even count for the endeavor.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »

Skip whatever you find is not fun. If something becomes a grind stop doing it for a while. Just let the CP happen while you are having fun and collect the endeavors that relate to something you would be doing anyway. It's a game have fun.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Billy2112
    Billy2112
    ✭✭✭

Is it bad I did like 30 in one day?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billy2112 wrote: »

Is it bad I did like 30 in one day?

It's okay, they're immortal and come back to life again.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip]

Limited time items, crown crates and crown gem exclusives are totally anti consumer and I really hate that they're in the game.

Also, I think the endeavours are purely a moral/legal (don't know for sure) thing that Microsoft has and isn't them giving the players anything they don't have to.

But, I don't see having them in DLC content being a big deal.

Firstly, there are always other options. You can do them every day without ESO+ or buying DLC.

Secondly, I don't see why having them in DLC content is a big deal. Firstly, you're already missing out on more important thing (gear, systems, skill lines, classes). Also, it kind of adds value to the DLCs. There's not much reason for people to go to these zones, so for some people it's a reason to go back and means they're getting more out of their purchase.

Adding paid for content is part and parcel of an MMO. What MMO doesn't use it to introduce things players want, in the game? Every game does now. Even games like GTA sort of do it. Sure, content is free, but the price of everything on the DLC is so high, it drives a lot of people to buy currency to actual play that content. Otherwise it takes months and months to grind and by then, there's new stuff again.

I don't agree with your gripe here. I don't think it's a big deal tbh.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 26, 2021 9:52PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Nice.
    Also,

Especially when the other options are endgame-ish PvE (2 arenas or 4 trials) angry posts inc :D
    So run trough nMA twice :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    7 days, quest to kill 3 dragons in South Elsweyr for 1 ticket, quest to 3 dragons in North Elsweyr for a 2nd ticket. Each of those quests takes 10 minutes or less from my experience and you would do them for the tickets anyway.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, there is a way to kill a dragon if you do not own Elsweyr zone DLC.

Previously we had a daily endeavour to kill a dragon and people from this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/581847/how-to-kill-a-dragon-without-dlc

were saying that killing a dragon form Elsweyr prologue quest (free) was counting towards endeavour progression. So you would have to almost complete the prorogue quest & then abandon quest and start it over... 30 times :#:o

Edit:
    It seems that Elsweyr prologue has more than one quests, so you dont have do entire prologue, just the final quest in which you kill a dragon and then right after you killed a dragon, abandon quest & start it over.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 26, 2021 8:36AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one just wishes, and this goes especially for daily endeavours, they would take into account when we lose half a day because of downtime.

Make them less 'all in one chunk' things on those days.

30 dragons is a lot yes given even the best of us, especially not this one, cannot solo them.

Thus there is a limited window each day of 'busy people time' to complete the task.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    MA is also DLC ;)

I feel like giving away nDSA carries is the way to go, that's more or less soloable, right?
    PC NA
  • meneerpeer
    meneerpeer
    ✭✭✭
    This one just wishes, and this goes especially for daily endeavours, they would take into account when we lose half a day because of downtime.

Make them less 'all in one chunk' things on those days.

30 dragons is a lot yes given even the best of us, especially not this one, cannot solo them.

Thus there is a limited window each day of 'busy people time' to complete the task.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I don't agree 30 is a lot. It's the elseweyr event. Dragons are really crowded right now. If you do the 2 dragon dailies you get 6 dragon kills a day. It takes like 15 minutes.

And if you really want to grind it out, go to soutern elseweyr.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    MA is also DLC ;)

I feel like giving away nDSA carries is the way to go, that's more or less soloable, right?

Yeh, it's totally solable. Even if people can't, 4 noobs can sleepwalk through it on normal. 90 minutes for the weekly endeavour is fine.
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    They paywall all the best gear sets to get and now they paywall endeavors which is supposed to be free by the EULA that mircrosoft has. nice one zos.
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Togal wrote: »
    They paywall all the best gear sets to get and now they paywall endeavors which is supposed to be free by the EULA that mircrosoft has. nice one zos.

Literally the whole game is paywalled. You can't get an account for free. HOW DARE THEY????
  • Herr_Flocke
    Herr_Flocke
    ✭✭✭
    yes, nDSA is easily soloable. If you should struggle with the last stage, setting up a companion as a healer helps quite a bit with burning down the boss fast.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of these will seem grindier over time. For example, I have 3 characters who have never gotten the nMA skill point, and I don't have a Maelstrom Lightning Staff. So running nMA a couple of times makes sense.

And then I'd like to learn DSA for the ice staff.

But at some point down the road this endeavor will look very grindy to me. And other folks might be at that point already.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to post something similar about the daily endeavours and the maintenance time. Today's dailies take too much time for a day that has maintenance downtime as well. On maintenance days the endeavour-dailies should be simple: Sell 10 items to a merchant, do 1 daily quest, deconstruct 5 items, etc. Not change an outfit, do a dungeon, do a battleground, kill 10 citizens with blade of woe... those things can often take a long time to do, especially if you do them in the normal playing way.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of these will seem grindier over time. For example, I have 3 characters who have never gotten the nMA skill point, and I don't have a Maelstrom Lightning Staff. So running nMA a couple of times makes sense.

And then I'd like to learn DSA for the ice staff.

But at some point down the road this endeavor will look very grindy to me. And other folks might be at that point already.

Thing is you don't have to do any of this stuff.

It's not like GTA Online where there are better rewards for chaining days and weeks together. Miss a daily or a weekly and it's no big deal. I think I already skipped one week because I didn't like the choices.

And I like that its encouraging us to do content we hadn't touched in years. I'm having fun setting up a new sneak thief right now for Heists etc.

I've been meaning to do the arenas again, this should give me the motivation to actually do it.
  • PullaStormy
    PullaStormy
    ✭✭✭
    yes, nDSA is easily soloable. If you should struggle with the last stage, setting up a companion as a healer helps quite a bit with burning down the boss fast.

Well, a player with no DLC can't get a companion. Had to point this out. :D

Also, I have ESO+ and Blackwood, yet I don't bother doing the endeavors that annoy me. But I'll likely try to do the 30 dragons for the loot, as the event is on.

ESO has some of its events behind a paywall too, the ones that celebrate DLCs. ;)
    PC-EU - Roleplayer, Quester, Crafter, Furnisher - Fashion Scrolls - 1400+ CP
  • Herr_Flocke
    Herr_Flocke
    ✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    I was going to post something similar about the daily endeavours and the maintenance time. Today's dailies take too much time for a day that has maintenance downtime as well.
    what takes you so long ? ;)
    Todays endeavors were something like:
    change outfit style (hat visible, hidden): 30s
    kill 10 with Blade: 5 m (a bit of competition there in Rawl'kha)
    nFG1 solo: 9m
    that's about 15 minutes give and take ...

I think that's quite reasonable even for a maint. day
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    I was going to post something similar about the daily endeavours and the maintenance time. Today's dailies take too much time for a day that has maintenance downtime as well. On maintenance days the endeavour-dailies should be simple: Sell 10 items to a merchant, do 1 daily quest, deconstruct 5 items, etc. Not change an outfit, do a dungeon, do a battleground, kill 10 citizens with blade of woe... those things can often take a long time to do, especially if you do them in the normal playing way.

^^THIS. ESPECIALLY for us poor east coast Aussies WHO GET LIKE 15MIN TO PLAY TODAY unless maintenance finishes early AND I'm not too tired.

Sorry, I'll stop shouting now. Work is very stressful and all I want to do is chill in my favourite game and I can't rn.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER