The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

weekly endeavor: kill 30 dragons

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, there is a way to kill a dragon if you do not own Elsweyr zone DLC.

Previously we had a daily endeavour to kill a dragon and people from this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/581847/how-to-kill-a-dragon-without-dlc

were saying that killing a dragon form Elsweyr prologue quest (free) was counting towards endeavour progression. So you would have to almost complete the prorogue quest & then abandon quest and start it over... 30 times :#:o

Edit:
    It seems that Elsweyr prologue has more than one quests, so you dont have do entire prologue, just the final quest in which you kill a dragon and then right after you killed a dragon, abandon quest & start it over.

Correct. It's still a thing you can do, if you really can't do groups.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 26, 2021 10:22AM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It´s not so bad to do the 30 dragons in Southern Elsweyr, ways are short and they spawn quickly. In Northern Elsweyr on the other hand... no thanks.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Togal wrote: »
    They paywall all the best gear sets to get and now they paywall endeavors which is supposed to be free by the EULA that mircrosoft has. nice one zos.

3 daily endeavors are doable base game and without ESO+

1) Update an outfit 1 time- All players can do this using any motifs they own. Costumes require ESO+ but Outfits do not. If you didn't know that before, this is actually a great way to learn about this feature because it's an amazing feature that ALL players can use to really personalize their looks. You can make some truly beautiful outfits by mix-and-matching style pages. All characters come with their racial style pages unlocked, so you don't even need to have read any motif books to use this feature.

2) Complete 1 Battleground Match - These were made available to all players, even those that don't own Morrowind, back in 2018. This is not DLC content even if you're one of the small percentage of players that don't own Morrowind.

3) Complete 1 Dungeon - There are many dungeons you can do without DLC. Most dungeons are still base game dungeons.

Weekly Endeavors

All 3 weekly endeavors are technically available to be done without DLC.

For the 2 Arena completes, you can complete Dragon Star Arena two times.

For the 4 trials, any of the trials in Craglorn are also base game; these are: Hel Ra Citadel, Sanctum Ophidia, and Aetherian Archives.

For the 30 dragons, there is a base game workaround. However since this is a workaround, it's not going to be as straightforward as the other 2 weekly endeavors. You can do the 2nd part of the prologue quest for the Dragon guard DLC. I posted the instructions on how to do that here. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/581847/how-to-kill-a-dragon-without-dlc

In conclusion, there is NO paywall behind either the Daily or Weekly endeavors. You will have to PVP to get all 3 dailies done without owning DLC, but not owning the DLC does NOT prevent you from getting all of the seals. It only makes them less convenient/enjoyable for some people.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 26, 2021 10:16AM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was more expecting a thread about todays daily endeaovers :) Killing 30 dragons is ok imo,on the other hand for those who don't have Orsinium dlc the only option would be DSA and that takes quiet some time.
    Surprised to see there are no PvP options this week.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    I feel like giving away nDSA carries is the way to go, that's more or less soloable, right?
    yes, nDSA is easily soloable. If you should struggle with the last stage, setting up a companion as a healer helps quite a bit with burning down the boss fast.

Well, a player with no DLC can't get a companion. Had to point this out. :D

Also, I have ESO+ and Blackwood, yet I don't bother doing the endeavors that annoy me. But I'll likely try to do the 30 dragons for the loot, as the event is on.

ESO has some of its events behind a paywall too, the ones that celebrate DLCs. ;)

DLC (as in ESO+) have no influence on having companion ;)

Edited by Ippokrates on July 26, 2021 10:27AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was more expecting a thread about todays daily endeaovers :) Killing 30 dragons is ok imo,on the other hand for those who don't have Orsinium dlc the only option would be DSA and that takes quiet some time.
    Surprised to see there are no PvP options this week.

I am too! I feel like this is the first time, maybe because they replaced the PVP option with the event option.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 26, 2021 10:24AM
  • Herr_Flocke
    Herr_Flocke
    ✭✭✭
    Well, a player with no DLC can't get a companion. Had to point this out.
    fair enough. But you can also up your dps and dmg mitigation, that helps too :)
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questions: I thought Northern Elswyr is part of the base game now? As are all previous chapters?

Also, is zos NOT giving access to Southern Elsweyr during the event? Usually during anniversary events they open the locations up to everyone, I thought?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious about whether the people who thought you needed ESO+ to create or change outfits are subscribers or not. I remember this coming up before with other features (especially the daily login rewards) where subscribers assumed they were getting it as part of their subscription and were surprised (and in one case angry) to discover it was a free update given to everyone.

I suppose if you always have ESO+ active and don't often look at the list of included features it can be hard to keep track of what you're getting as part of that and what's part of the base game.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Questions: I thought Northern Elswyr is part of the base game now? As are all previous chapters?

Also, is zos NOT giving access to Southern Elsweyr during the event? Usually during anniversary events they open the locations up to everyone, I thought?

Z2j92OD.png

Every new chapter purchases gives all previous chapters, but it's not considered the base game. The standard edition is the base game and only comes with Morrowind. Previous chapters are considered DLC though, and thus do come with ESO+

This change was made back in 2018 so there are people running around who don't have Morrowind either. The number of people who have been playing since 2018, don't have ESO+, and never bothered to get Morrowind are pretty low but not non-existent. This has no impact on their ability to do Battlegrounds though as that was made true base game and not the new standard edition base game. This means even people who purchased it before 2018 (when they made all new copies include Morrowind) can do Battlegrounds.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 26, 2021 10:55AM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Z2j92OD.png

Every new chapter purchases gives all previous chapters, but it's not considered the base game. The standard edition is the base game and only comes with Morrowind. Previous chapters are considered DLC though, and thus do come with ESO+

Oh! Wow I misunderstood that this entire time.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only do endeavors that are quick and fit within my plans or ones that I enjoy. Only two of today's daily endeavors fit my requirements. Sadly, none of the weekly ones are acceptable while being enjoyable. Generally, I happily complete 3/5 most days and 1/3 for the weekly so today and this week are unusually poor offerings for me. I don't do PvP, DB or Trials. I find Arenas and dragons to be very unenjoyable. It's not my intent to really complain about endeavors since I generally enjoy them, simply to offer some feed back on what works for me. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ezmaye
    ezmaye
    ✭✭✭
    If the event wasn't on, this would have been tough to do. Hardly anyone is around to fight dragons outside of the event.... plus the drops aren't very good for the effort. Too much junk/treasure items IMO.
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    Endevors killed eso for me.
    There is no way for people with multiple accounts to deal with this system.
    Worst year for me so far.
    First, the mindless CP grind, now this thing.
    And they do their best to make it even grindier.
    Beside bs weekly endevors, look at daily ones we have for today.
    forced pvp endevor, double dlc endevor, dungeon and only one that is quick and easy.
    If I knew things would be this way I would never ever have multiple accounts.

Game became absolute chore.

No one is forcing you to do endeavours..... just saying.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    I was going to post something similar about the daily endeavours and the maintenance time. Today's dailies take too much time for a day that has maintenance downtime as well.
    what takes you so long ? ;)
    Todays endeavors were something like:
    change outfit style (hat visible, hidden): 30s
    kill 10 with Blade: 5 m (a bit of competition there in Rawl'kha)
    nFG1 solo: 9m
    that's about 15 minutes give and take ...

I think that's quite reasonable even for a maint. day

Or just do the black sacrament, and blade of woe everyone in there. Knocked both out together in under 5 minutes.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only do endeavors that are quick and fit within my plans or ones that I enjoy. Only two of today's daily endeavors fit my requirements. Sadly, none of the weekly ones are acceptable while being enjoyable. Generally, I happily complete 3/5 most days and 1/3 for the weekly so today and this week are unusually poor offerings for me. I don't do PvP, DB or Trials. I find Arenas and dragons to be very unenjoyable. It's not my intent to really complain about endeavors since I generally enjoy them, simply to offer some feed back on what works for me. :)

This. Nothing is 'forcing' me to do them, they're a nice option to get a little bit extra stuff over time. Some days, I only do two of the Dailies, and I've only done a Weekly once so far.

It's fine.

(I have the zone DLC up to Murkmire / the chapters up to Summerset. No ESO+. So, yeah - there's some endeavors I can't do. Just like I can't do the current Event. Oh, well. /shrug)
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forced pvp endevor, double dlc endevor, dungeon and only one that is quick and easy.

I'm kind of feeling it also. I just play one toon at time but it just feels like a lame grind which is insulting. It's not so much a grind for the dailies but like use a class ability? Seriously? Why not just have one that says log in and move your character a foot to the left and be done with it. It just feels uncomfortable as although I'm not OCD I do feel pulled to do these endeavors and it's just one too many things to do daily now.
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a problem with endeavors they're so easy it's a joke , thx for the free currency zos.

• ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    meneerpeer wrote: »
    This one just wishes, and this goes especially for daily endeavours, they would take into account when we lose half a day because of downtime.

Make them less 'all in one chunk' things on those days.

30 dragons is a lot yes given even the best of us, especially not this one, cannot solo them.

Thus there is a limited window each day of 'busy people time' to complete the task.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I don't agree 30 is a lot. It's the elseweyr event. Dragons are really crowded right now. If you do the 2 dragon dailies you get 6 dragon kills a day. It takes like 15 minutes.

And if you really want to grind it out, go to soutern elseweyr.

Yep. Does someone remember the "kill dragons save cats" event? Elsweyr was paved with dead dragons... So, no, it isnt a lot.
    - But personally I would prefer a pvp alternative, too.
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then don't do them.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    0-
    Nice.
    Also,
    Let the non-DLC complaining begin!

Especially when the other options are endgame-ish PvE (2 arenas or 4 trials) angry posts inc :D

Normal arenas and trials are pretty easy. I could see a 160 CP being carried in normal CR or Sunspire 4 times.

Arenas are harder in that you need to learn the mechanics. But anyone can do them at lvl 45+, as long as they don't mind dying occasionally.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's rather nice of them to sync the endeavors with the event, we'll be completing it organically. But 30 - seems a bit much to me.

I'm happy with the others, gonna do some stabbing and stealing around Leyawiin here soon!
    Edited by Destai on July 26, 2021 2:39PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is it though?

[snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 26, 2021 5:24PM
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skipping some this time.

Blade of woe: no, I hate dark brotherhood, against my codex of honor. I am disappointed that we see such quests more and more. Very lorebreaking, and the amount of dead bodies in places like Alinor disgusting. Breaks fun aspect very much for me.

So dailies for me today only outfit station and dungeon.

Concerning the weekly:
    I avoid endgame content especially since all the nerfs I encountered within the last 2 years.
    So no Arena or Trial.

Dragons: maybe, as the event makes it much easier. Still a stupid grind (I mean... THIRTY dragons, easy or not - this is real boring grind).

The way the endeavours are chosen this time is far from increasing my attraction to the game, in contrast. I have a "I feel pissed" feeling starting my xbox after work.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care for the DB stuff either. I played through it but roleplaying-wise it is something my character did in her past and it is behind her. I wish there had been more nuance in the Blackwood story for that as well.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice.
    Also,
    Let the non-DLC complaining begin!

Especially when the other options are endgame-ish PvE (2 arenas or 4 trials) angry posts inc :D

30 Dragons won't be hard with how fast they were dying this weekend. I didn't even bother running from dragon to dragon because they were dying so fast you couldn't get there in time.

Also, 4 trials or 2 arenas is not all that hard to begin with. You can do NDSA or NBRP in under an hour with 4 DPS, so 2 hours total to get the arena's done if that's what you want to do. AA is a trial that should be available to everyone and you can burn it in less than 30 minutes per run with a good group - 10 DPS, 1 tank 1 hlr.

Overall, I don't see the weeklies as being that big of a deal.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When it gets to the point that a completely optional part of the game that gives you free items is considered toxic, insulting, pisses you off, or kills the game for you then you probably shouldn’t do it or maybe take a break from the game cause some of you are taking it way too serious.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it's not: Kill 30 dragons in Northern Elswyer :D:disappointed:
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The game will not be designed around people with multiple accounts. That's a you problem and if it's too much for you, you can just pick one to be your main. Seriously, it's a game, not a job. If it becomes a chore, stop doing what you don't like. It's not going to matter in the long run.
    The Moot Councillor
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has some of its events behind a paywall too, the ones that celebrate DLCs. ;)

That, still, strikes me as a bit of a mistake. It's the perfect time to temporarily open those zones up and showcase them to players who might be on the fence. Instead, people take the approach of, "I can't do it, so I won't think about it." But, the entire point of these events is to advertise that content, so, you know, actually cut the masses loose on it.