The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

weekly endeavor: kill 30 dragons

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »
    Well dragons with event is definitely easiest but if someone doesnt have dlc they could just solo ndsa even though it is mind numbingly boring

I actually need to do that for some pieces of gear. I just keep putting it off..
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will just do normal Vateshran twice, its less boring than nMA and a run takes less than 30min.

The trail weekly is also pretty quick, especially if you do one of the shorter trails.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Why are people counting normal dsa and normal maelstrom as end game content? You can sleepwalk your way through normal...

After doing Maelstrom for so long on vet and not being able to get the lightning staff, I recently tried it on normal, and the difference in difficulty is RIDICULOUS. Normal's a total joke compared to vet (but thank god because that lightning staff still won't drop :/ )
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I look at this task (i already completed arenas so don't care ^^) that maybe ZOS should go with something more suitable during events, like:
    - Get disconnected 5 times.
    - Die during lag 10 times.
    - Don't break free for 4 seconds while pushing all combinations numerous times...

Then we wouldn't have any problems with completing those tasks.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the 30 dragons during this event are quite a challenge. I mean - rarely does a dragon live longer than 10 seconds. You can only be successful if you stand in the same place for hours and wait for the next dragon to come right there in front of your bow!
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That kill 30 dragons went by fairly quick if you just do it in Southern elswyre. I ended up doing 50 and getting the title. I admit it got repetitive and boring so I took a break. The loot and jewelry you get to decon was also a drive to keep killing them.
    Edited by Folkb on July 27, 2021 3:43PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding it pretty easy to reach the SE and SW dragons in Northern Elsweyr once they appear on the map and still be able to join in the fight.

I can see how your character's riding speed would make a big difference, though.

It's helpful that the icon changes its appearance as the dragon gets lower in health, because it lets you better gauge whether or not it's even worth it to teleport to the nearest wayshrine and race like mad to the dragon.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we just need to brace for a whine fest every time they post a new weekly? 30 dragons is kind of a lot, 2 arenas, freaking trivial. Just stop already. A level 10 toon can light attack their way through nMA. If you don't have an hour or two to spend on a weekly, you dont get the reward. Pure and simple.

Oh, and you might need a DLC or two to complete this stuff. What on earth do people think? All rewards are going to be found in deshaan in 30 seconds of gameplay? You dont buy the whole game, you dont get all the rewards. FULL STOP!!!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed 18 dragons yesterday doing the dragon dailies on three characters. Today I plan to do Northern and Southern dragons on one character, and just Southern on two, and will have the weekly done.
    PCNA
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    I think the 30 dragons during this event are quite a challenge. I mean - rarely does a dragon live longer than 10 seconds. You can only be successful if you stand in the same place for hours and wait for the next dragon to come right there in front of your bow!

Simply not true. Dragons are telegraphed on map, have periods where they land and fly around during the fight, you certainly have more than ten seconds to kill a dragon. Done the 3 dragon quest multiple times for event tickets, never had an issue porting and riding to get a kill.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Simply not true. Dragons are telegraphed on map, have periods where they land and fly around during the fight, you certainly have more than ten seconds to kill a dragon. Done the 3 dragon quest multiple times for event tickets, never had an issue porting and riding to get a kill.

Seriously, it happened to me several times last night and this morning in Southern Elsweyr - approximately 10 seconds from first landing to death.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    supporting the game with a SUB should have its benefits, this is one of them. :)
    PC
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously, it happened to me several times last night and this morning in Southern Elsweyr - approximately 10 seconds from first landing to death.

Yes, it can happen if a lot of players are there ahead of you, spamming heavy-duty AOE/DOTs.

Fortunately, the number of players online can fluctuate a great deal throughout the day, so if you're having trouble being able to join in a dragon fight at one time, you can try again later and might have better success.

Unfortunately, a lot of players only have a specific window of time in which to play the game each day, so they can't always come back later to try again.

The world boss fights can be over much, much quicker than that. I was waiting for a boss to spawn along with a large number of other players, most of whom were spamming their AOE/DOT skills while waiting. The boss finally spawned and was dead before I could even figure out where it was and take a swing at it. (I was standing on its corpse from the previous spawn, but it spawned behind me a bit.) I still got credit for completing the quest, but I swear I never got to hit it with my battleaxe.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was doing Southern Elsweyr this morning, it was moving at a pretty good clip. The trick is to keep track of which dragon is up next, and then being close to it's landing site while it's still in the air. At that point, you do have enough time to be there and get credit when it lands, even if it goes down in under a minute.

That said, knowing where dragons land (and being able to know which sites they can move to from their original spawn location), and having a fast mount (+60% and Continuous Assault), are both vital.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 15 yesterday, just playing between chores. I got some where I was the first to attack and some where I got 1 hit or the dragon died just as I got there. I think I'll be able to get it done.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't do trials or dungeons as the player base is too toxic to actually play with. 30 dragons was easy took 4 hrs and I'm done.
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing less than a year and wasn't going to do the 30 dragons. I thought it would be hard but Monday night I thought well nothing ventured nothing gained so I went to S.E. I'm so glad I did.

First there are so many people that even if I get killed it still all works out and OMG I've gotten so much great loot. For a new player it's awesome. I gotten a couple motifs a bunch of treasure maps, furniture plans. Plus I'm making gold by selling off the treasures, which I need. I'm also trying to level up 5 other toons for crafts and the decon and research material has been amazing.

All this and I'm only half way through my 30. Truthfully I think as long as there are mobs of people doing this I'll keep at it all week just for the loot.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragons were not going well last night in S elsywer. I was able to get to them but the combination of large numbers of players and my crummy internet I had a difficult time just getting to tag one. I'm surprised I didn't get disconnected every time I got near one.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen it nuked so fast it never even flew as well. But when they are dying that fast it takes like 5-10 minutes, not hours, to come back to the same location. So you stay in the same spot and get your weekly quest done in both zones. Do that each day and you'll have almost all 30 done by event end without any additional effort than that. Doing the 2 dragon quests also satifies for your event tickets.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 27, 2021 11:50PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope next weekly endeavor is kill another 30 dragons, just to see how many people show up once the event is over.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was the week that taught me to stop trying to do all of the endeavors.

In particular, the weekly options are awful. 30 dragons is way too time consuming, 2 arenas would be fine if they weren't so boring/stressful (depending on difficulty level), and I'm too antisocial for trials.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take dragons over arenas any day of the week. I've yet to finish an arena because I can't take the tedium.
    PCNA
  • bridgetrose
    bridgetrose
    ✭✭✭
    I hope next weekly endeavor is kill another 30 dragons, just to see how many people show up once the event is over.

I would do it. I got so much useful loot. I have played less than a year so you can imagine.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something feels off with some ESO players exclusively regarding the WEEKLY endeavor
    it's meant to be done in a WEEK
    SEVEN DAYS
    i don't like killing dragons yet i think i've killed 70 in the past WEEK - beside's there is event and it's so entertaining rn
    trials i dont like SO MUCH but still done 8-9 trials in the past WEEK
    i haven't done arena's last week. still nobody I know died because of that

maybe open the calendar next time you complain about a week?

If anything, There should be a message near the weekly endeavor: " you will not be abducted if you don't do the weekly endeavor in first 20miutes"
    PC EU

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was pretty easy to do, and I took 3 days off
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    Something feels off with some ESO players exclusively regarding the WEEKLY endeavor
    SEVEN DAYS
    i don't like killing dragons yet i think i've killed 70 in the past WEEK - beside's there is event and it's so entertaining rn
    i haven't done arena's last week. still nobody I know died because of that

maybe open the calendar next time you complain about a week?

If anything, There should be a message near the weekly endeavor: " you will not be abducted if you don't do the weekly endeavor in first 20miutes"

It's the 7th day of the week and I'm nowhere near 30 dragons. Not everyone can play every day during the week.

Also, I really don't understand the relationship between the daily and weekly requirements. Sometimes we get weeklies that are only 3-5 times what an equivalent daily is (like trials), and other times we get a weekly that's 15+ times a daily (like killing world bosses or dragons).
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the weekly because I got it done just getting my event tickets each day. I didn't have to do anything I wasn't already doing anyway.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 dragons 🙈🙉 Nope, not gonna happen!!!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    SEVEN DAYS

Part of it is a difference in perception and/or viewpoint.

To me, doing 8-9 trials in a week? Sounds like someone who's a superfan of them. Otherwise, why would they do that really-huge-sounding amount of them in such a short time? ;)

70 Dragons in a week doesn't sound like someone who "doesn't like killing them", but rather like someone who's dedicated to grinding them. (10 a day? Seriously?)

I think the most Dolmens I've ever done in a day is like... 3? And I rarely do them in the first place. Ditto for geysers, I think 2 or 3 is the most in a single day. Even when Summerset had just come out and I was spending a lot of time there. (Honestly, I doubt I've even done 50, total, across all characters. So, yeah - 70 Dragons in a week sounds like Totally Obsessed Farming level. But like I said - personal experience & mindset colors ones' perception.)

See, I "don't like trials", so.... I don't do them. Period. At all. Ever. That's what "don't like" means to me. /shrug

(that said, I agree - they're week-long tasks, there's nothing saying that people have to grind them out in a couple hours If you actually do the content they are, they should be relatively easy to complete in a week.)
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, I got the 30 for the week doing 5 a day in NE as I’m working on the 50 for the achievement there as well. But, now I need 20 more and I’m not sure there will be anyone around anymore.