The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

weekly endeavor: kill 30 dragons

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are people counting normal dsa and normal maelstrom as end game content? You can sleepwalk your way through normal...
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe 30 dragons is the number needed to get the maximum for the feat for kills in SE. I just did it this past week and unlocked the achievements. Wish I could tell the future and waited until now to do it though!
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    Endevors killed eso for me.
    There is no way for people with multiple accounts to deal with this system.
    Worst year for me so far.
    First, the mindless CP grind, now this thing.
    And they do their best to make it even grindier.
    Beside bs weekly endevors, look at daily ones we have for today.
    forced pvp endevor, double dlc endevor, dungeon and only one that is quick and easy.
    If I knew things would be this way I would never ever have multiple accounts.

Game became absolute chore.

I got 2 accounts,and play on both EU and NA servers and have no issues,just do account one per day for weekly endeavors.Daily portion is usually fast and easy.
    CP once you get to 1200 it's pretty much all you need unless you got 1 char that you swap roles,switch pvp/pve alot,mag/stam,etc on all the time on each.
    Battlegrounds,you don't have to win,so isn't too bad.Dungeon is easy,esp if you solo or get someone to help Fungal Grotto.Update outfit is only for gold.Weekly,do arena,those aren't to hard to do 2 of a day.
    I only got 2nd account for events(extra gold box with goodies) when it went on sale,but kept going,so now playing it regularly,lol.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skipping some this time.

Blade of woe: no, I hate dark brotherhood, against my codex of honor. I am disappointed that we see such quests more and more. Very lorebreaking, and the amount of dead bodies in places like Alinor disgusting. Breaks fun aspect very much for me.

Eh, the Dark Brotherhood (and other groups of assassins & criminals) are very much part of the lore. I have one character who has started the DB questline, and they're the only one who has the Blade unlocked.

(I did the BoW task at the same time as the Black Sacrament one - the NPCs standing around in the Sacrament instance counted for BoW kills.)
    So dailies for me today only outfit station and dungeon.

Whereas I don't do dungeons, so the BoW/Sacrament bit was handy for knocking out two. Outfit was my third.

Dragons: maybe, as the event makes it much easier. Still a stupid grind (I mean... THIRTY dragons, easy or not - this is real boring grind).

Well, all the weeklies so far have looked like they're some level of "grind", since they're supposed to be tasks that take all week / more effort than the Dailies.
    (I've only done one weekly so far, and it looks like I'll be skipping all three of this week's.)

The way the endeavours are chosen this time is far from increasing my attraction to the game, in contrast. I have a "I feel pissed" feeling starting my xbox after work.

I find them either small easy tasks, or things I won't do. So they don't have a great deal of impact on my playing. Any I don't like, I just put out of my mind. No reason to stress about them. /shrug

It's just another option to pick & choose from, alongside quests, dailies, events, pvp, dungeons, trials, and so on.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forced pvp endevor, double dlc endevor, dungeon and only one that is quick and easy.

I got 2 accounts,and play on both EU and NA servers and have no issues,just do account one per day for weekly endeavors.Daily portion is usually fast and easy.
    CP once you get to 1200 it's pretty much all you need unless you got 1 char that you swap roles,switch pvp/pve alot,mag/stam,etc on all the time on each.
    Battlegrounds,you don't have to win,so isn't too bad.Dungeon is easy,esp if you solo or get someone to help Fungal Grotto.Update outfit is only for gold.Weekly,do arena,those aren't to hard to do 2 of a day.
    I only got 2nd account for events(extra gold box with goodies) when it went on sale,but kept going,so now playing it regularly,lol.

I have 5 accounts. Both NA and EU.
    And I do not have 10 hours per day to invest in game since I work, have family etc.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, I just figured out that 30 dragons is less than 7 endeavor seals per each. That makes it much more palatable for me to pass on that one. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And I do not have 10 hours per day to invest in game since I work, have family etc.

Well no one asked you to make 5 accounts. I have just one account and just doing writs on all characters - 19 in total - is time consuming and I couldn't find the will to multiply that by 5 even if I was high on something :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made me smile to see the 30 dragons and very fitting during the event.
    Already have 10 done and that was about 1 hour of running N. Elsweyr, so I should have the weekly done tonight I think. Esp in S. Elsweyr where things will be even crazier I imagine lol.

That said, it would be nice to see them provide dailies\weeklies consistently that players of ALL levels can achieve.
    For exmp some ppl don't like to murder or steal, etc.

The only reason I was able to get 10 in a short time is I have access to and know N. Elsweyr and it's shortcuts very well, have all the wayshrines unlocked and have a mount that can move stupid fast.

But in those 10 there wasn't a single dragon that lived much past 1 minute, so a lower-lvl player is going to struggle to get the 30.

I know they have had many that were like basic deconning of gear, picking locks (you don't HAVE to take what's inside or stay in a building if you don't like theft. Just pick and leave.) and others.

And it's a new thing so I think we'll continue to see improved variety with Endeavors.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it can go one week or even a day without someone complaining about the endevours.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Every one today is insulting with it's lack of options, not just the weekly!
    Dailies are more or less Theives Guild, ESO+ or toxic!

Although I'm totally relaxed about Endeavours and only bother with the ones that fit my normal play plans, this is the first day that there is not a single daily or weekly Endeavour that either appeals to me or is available to me (notwithstanding that I have all DLCs and Chapters). Add in the daily login reward of Tel Var Stones for my PvE-only playstyle and it's a full set of Irrelevance.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It can help if players to come to a personal understanding of how they want to deal with the Endeavor system.

By considering my playstyle, the past Endeavors offered, and the relative worth of a single daily/weekly in the scheme of things, I just don't consider doing Endeavors as important.

The game's the same as it was, with more optional stuff to do.

I routinely get 2 out of 3 done simply doing whatever I was going to do anyway. Only if I have extra time, like on weekends, or I'm stuck waiting for something will I intentionally review what the daily Endeavors are and see if I care to do them.

I just don't want to take on another 'job', so I don't consider it as anything at all important.

Understandably it's harder for some people to turn down the Endeavors but it's best in the long run if you set your own boundaries.
    PC NA
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Well no one asked you to make 5 accounts. I have just one account and just doing writs on all characters - 19 in total - is time consuming and I couldn't find the will to multiply that by 5 even if I was high on something :D

Guess that is the perfect answer.
    If anyone is not content with any aspect of the game, just tell that person "well no one asked you to [insert activity]
    Pretty much if it doesnt concern you, its not worth at all kinda answer.
    Thanks, I guess.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    At least it's not: Kill 30 dragons in Northern Elswyer :D:disappointed:

Don't give them ideas!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ibkickin
    ibkickin
    ✭✭
    I personally have been kinda fine with it so far, each week they target different groups (a pvp and two pve options or vice versa) though I will say it's weird they didn't do that again for this week. Still though, people will be farming dragons regardless so I don't see the problem.
    Strength on it's own is directionless, Thirst for battle is helpless, Only when the two join is a mighty warrior born.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 dragons seems daunting at first glance, but with the event it's very doable if you have access to southern elsweyr (at least on xbox na, many people)
    the worst part was inventory constantly getting filled with loot, weekly endeavor completed.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

<snippage>

I would say that it's your re-action that did it.

I took a long hard look at endeavors and realized that the more I paid attention to them, the more "grindy" it would get and be less fun.

So I ignore them. If I get a few by accident, cool. If not, also cool.

Let go of it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those struggling to arrive at the next dragon location before the mob kills it, try this:

Dragon Next Location

Install it and the required libraries, then load the game and make sure it is enabled. It will show you a map marker where the next dragon is going to land, so you can start running there while it is in-flight.

In my experience it is 100% accurate 90+% of the time. A real boon!

Edited by WhyMustItBe on July 26, 2021 9:11PM
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Or just IGNORE it like I do, and be SURPRISED when it pops up you "actually" completed one.....
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, since Craglorn is part of the main game, finding groups to do normal DSA twice and normal Hel Ra or Aetherian Archive four times should not be so difficult. HRC and AA are relatively easy to pug.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Why are people counting normal dsa and normal maelstrom as end game content? You can sleepwalk your way through normal...

Because they aren't beginner content either and you can't sleepwalk through it when your character has a dps output that struggles to get through vet base game.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone is not content with any aspect of the game, just tell that person "well no one asked you to [insert activity]
    Thanks, I guess.

While said dismissively, I think the implication behind it is that having more than one game account is not considered the "norm" and ZOS is not likely to balance around an outlier. Endeavors are just a bonus, and while I don't personally like the fact they change the amount of tokens we earn each week/day which makes it hard to plan ahead. The system itself is fine, it's there for advertising old and new content, giving long time players something else to keep them playing, and likely to fulfill the ability for them to say that every item they sell in crown crates can be acquired via gameplay. The biggest mistake that anyone can make in playing games with live service is to let themselves be drawn in by FOMO. I got taken in by that in a different game and it completely ruined the game for me. Best rule of thumb is that if you don't enjoy doing something, then don't force yourself or you will end up resenting the game. Seems like you really love the game if you purchased 5 different copies of the game so I would suggest this advice doubly so in your particular situation.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok so I've killed my 30 dragons in Southern Elsweyr already and as it happens did 2 trials too! 😎

Myself and some of my crazier friends have before now run normal Sanctom Ophidia naked, we have also done "all templar, only use jabs" nHRC, "all DK must have leap" so we can all leap at the same time and other such silliness......

My point being at this point normal Craglorn trials are beyond easy, we often take several below 50 characters with us and complete them easily.

Maybe instead of feeling negative get together with some friends and do some "silly trials", honestly you'll have a great deal of fun and do the weekly endeavor at the same time 💕

12 Wardens, with bear ulti, bear pet and bear mount nHRC is hilarious on the ride to the first mobs! 🤣

Just don't listen to the person who always says "lets go the jump way"...... you know who you are!!!💖
    Edited by freespirit on July 26, 2021 10:55PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind, except I cannot get near a dragon fight right now without being disconnected from the server.

Zenimax, if you are going to encourage everyone to do the same thing at the same time, sort your servers out!!!
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Ok so I've killed my 30 dragons in Southern Elsweyr already and as it happens did 2 trials too! 😎

Myself and some of my crazier friends have before now run normal Sanctom Ophidia naked, we have also done "all templar, only use jabs" nHRC, "all DK must have leap" so we can all leap at the same time and other such silliness......

My point being at this point normal Craglorn trials are beyond easy, we often take several below 50 characters with us and complete them easily.

Maybe instead of feeling negative get together with some friends and do some "silly trials", honestly you'll have a great deal of fun and do the weekly endeavor at the same time 💕

12 Wardens, with bear ulti, bear pet and bear mount nHRC is hilarious on the ride to the first mobs! 🤣

Just don't listen to the person who always says "lets go the jump way"...... you know who you are!!!💖

100% this. Let the endeavors be an excuse for silliness and inclusion of new players rather than personal grief.
    Cheers :)
    PC NA
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decided to do nMA instead, just DC'd doing that too. :(
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Every one today is insulting with it's lack of options, not just the weekly!
    Dailies are more or less Theives Guild, ESO+ or toxic!

only 2 dailies for me. tg and db dailies are not worth the the tokens earned. too much time to do them.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice.
    Also,
    Let the non-DLC complaining begin!

funny enough i bought the dlc, asked for a refund because i found out i was getting eso plus next month and they didn't give it to me.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, I guess.

I mean, yeah, but also five accounts would require a significant time commitment to maintain. At that point, saying, "I don't have the time," feels a little self-inflicted.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing the dragons went fairly quick for me. I have a fast mount so I could get around. I would start either north or south and if a dragon wasn't up I would port to the other. Sometimes I would wayshrine sometimes I would port to friend. Quite a bit of the time porting from say north to south back to north would have me in a different instance where a dragon was up. Just jumped back and forth until I got into an instance with a dragon. A few times I ended up in an instance where the dragon was to near death for me to get to it but mostly things went well and I finished all thirty no problem.

Then I deconned a whole lotta rings.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well dragons with event is definitely easiest but if someone doesnt have dlc they could just solo ndsa even though it is mind numbingly boring