Are there issues with the desktop site with the forums?

fizl101
fizl101
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since yesterday evening I havent been able to access the forums via desktop, only the mobile website. I’ve tried the usual things, clearing cache, rebooting, even the router had an overnight reboot just in case. I’ve tried chrome, safari and firefox on my mac, and safari on my ipad. On my ipad it only works if I switch to the mobile site.

Its not that the site errors out, it loads the background image (dark grey and black cracked leather look) but doesnt load any frames or menus. Photo below just in case it helps

Excuse typos please, I hate typing on my phone!

BB294220-FDED-4-CC6-B8-A0-E96-DC6-F210-D3.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 9, 2022 5:27PM
Soupy twist
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    I am so glad you posted this - its not just me. Can access through my phone but on my laptop I just get the black background as shown in OP pic. Tried the similar things as OP but problem persists.
    PC-EU.
    Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, tried all the usual fixes and tried using different ways to get to the forums but I just have the blank background too.
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jup. Me too...
    Only mobile works. Desktop bugs out.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on June 29, 2021 3:06PM
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. There is a thread from yesterday in the bug forums.

Can access only on the tablet. Just get a blank background on PC.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the posting this, @fizl101. We are aware of the issue and looking into it.

If others are having this issue, please post what browser you are using. This will be helpful as we are resolving this issue.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has tried both Edge and Chrome on PC and gets a blank background on both.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_Kevin.

If you need any further console info screenshots please let me know if it helps.
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so strange. I actually am experiencing the complete opposite problem.

I can access the forums through browser on my PC, but am unable to use my phone to access the forumns. I get a page with just the forum background pattern and nothing else.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has tried both Edge and Chrome on PC and gets a blank background on both.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Maybe it is a browser issue. I am using Chrome on my phone and it doesn't work. But I use Firefox on the PC and it works.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the context, @jaws343. I'll make note you are having the opposite problem.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is using Firefox on her android tablet succesfully at this time, although her spelling is even wirse tban usyal.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firefox on PC and it doesn't work but Chrome on my phone and it does. Hope that helps, I struggle to type on the phone lol
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Experiencing the issue on both the Samsung mobile browser and Chrome mobile browser on Android. Chrome for desktop is working fine.
    Edited by cyclonus11 on June 29, 2021 3:08PM
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have both Firefox and Chrome on my PC and neither is working with the forums page. But with other elderscrolls.com sites.

Now on my phone I only use Chrome and it works without flaw.
    I can even type well. 😉
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Firefox, Chrome and Edge do not work for me on my laptop, but Firefox works fine on my phone.
    PC-EU.
    Options
  • Kaibeth
    Kaibeth
    ✭✭✭
    My wife has used Chrome and Edge on PC without any luck.

I am currently posting from Chrome on PC right now. Same IP. Same LAN.
    What do dragons say when they see a new hatchling? Fus roh d'awwww!
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My phone with Firefox browser works when the phone is at home, but not when the phone is where I work. At home the phone is using the home internet (through wifi), but at work the phone is using mobile data.

Firefox, Chrome, and Edge do not work from my home computer using my home internet. Firefox works fine from my work computer using work internet.

Based on my experience, at home I can only use phone for forum, but at work I can only use PC for forum.

Options
  • Kaibeth
    Kaibeth
    ✭✭✭
    Development:

I am on Chrome Version 91.0.4472.114

My wife is on Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124

Both are telling us we are on the latest version.

Hmm?
    Options
  • clacker
    clacker
    ✭✭
    Got the same problem on my pc with all browsers and know 5 others who have the same problem. No problems viewing it on my phone
    GM - Hallowed Dust Trading (Trade Guild - PC/EU)
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Chrome on my PC and it works fine.

My phone on the other hand it doesn't. I guess I'm on opposite day. :#
    Options
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have tried with both Chrome and Opera on my pc with the same blank screen. Chrome on my tablet and phone is fine.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    Options
  • Kaibeth
    Kaibeth
    ✭✭✭
    I just got the Chrome update my wife did and I am still in the forum. A difference between her and me is I am "always logged in" the forum and she is not.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for the posting this, @fizl101. We are aware of the issue and looking into it.

If others are having this issue, please post what browser you are using. This will be helpful as we are resolving this issue.

Hi @ZOS_Kevin

Here was my experience (and fix): https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7315165
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Hi @ZOS_Kevin

Here was my experience (and fix): https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7315165

Thanks for the workaround using stylish, I could work out it was something simple, just not what it was!
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Samsung a21s. Chrome. Same issue. Managed to login by clearing all Internet data. Not ideal
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chrome devtools.k7rkadniyw19.jpg
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had the same problem.

right click/Inspect/ top right/ Network/Check "disable cache"

Thanks " google is your friend"
    Options
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like need to clear cache no? Problem has happened in past.

I came here to say people on reddit are complaining about it. They are having it too
    Edited by Starlight_Whisper on June 30, 2021 9:39AM
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    Had the same problem.

right click/Inspect/ top right/ Network/Check "disable cache"

Thanks " google is your friend"

I wouldn't really recommend disabling cache. Caches serve a purpose by speeding up your experience so it doesn't need to reload everything whenever you visit a site
    Options
  • tonyhextrab16_ESO
    tonyhextrab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried with Chrome, Firefox and Opera....none of them work
    No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Options
This discussion has been closed.