The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like competitive PVP arenas to be introduced in ESO ?

• fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    WolfyRaps wrote: »
    1. The format will be AvA (not AvAvA like the current BGs),
    2. The arena maps will be much smaller, all the matches will be in deathmatch format (no respawn),
    3. The ELO like rating will be visible and the ladderboards would last season long,
    4. Similar rated teams will fight each-other,
    5. There will be unique rewards and titles for the top teams at the end of each season.

No, WOW arena is full of elitist and toxicity - not a fun environment. Current state of pvp in wow has been reduced to nothing due to rated arena/bgs. Finding teams to play with will be extremely difficult as is in wow. You will have to play meta classes/builds in order to be on the top. Build diversity will be close to none as is in wow. You will only have those very few teams dominating the ladder while teams aspiring to climb will only get frustrated and quit.

ESO charm is being able to hop in at any time queue for a bg and have fun with a build I created - good, fun casual game. WOW rated arenas are worse that my physical master hws, and way more frustrating.

Also anyone that says wow arena model is good has never played wow and does not know its current state, that's from someone that has 2k rated exp in arena/bg. You want to play mistweaver? Sorry not meta, reroll!
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    divnyi wrote: »
    I would still prefer a queue like system where the game pairs you against equally rated teams/players. It would make things "official" and much easier. It would give everyone the freedom to play Arenas as duel or team duel whenever they want, without depending on an organizer that would have to do the work of finding equally skilled players..

You see, I don't *trust* their queues. When it takes 15m to queue 4man premade while you know that your guild has 3 groups running, something is way off. And don't even try to ask them to improve their algorithms, they already improved it before that we had months of queue desyncs and broken battlegrounds, what we see now is the height.

Another issue with adding many different game modes is that BG playerbase isn't that big. If you create a lot of modes, it will spread and queue times will increase, potentially some modes will be abandoned at all.

Another issue is being able to do tournaments at all. BG doesn't allow you to have 12man fight premade. Well you can try to queue at the same time, abandon queue if not everyone accepted, but it's time-consuming workaround.

No it won't, it will create the total opposite. It will only separate the player base. You do not realize how many people play solo out there, surprisingly many for MMOs. Willing to say majority in fact. Go play WOW for few months where they have more PVP modes. Good luck in bg queues for very least 10mins to join an already lose game. Finding an arena team for 30 mins ONLY if you have meta class, to only lose the first game and disband so you are back to spending a other 30 mins looking for another team.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    No, don’t want more toxic people playing the game an ruining the community
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    NO
    Decimus wrote: »
    Who are the muppets voting "No" on this? Never seen any of your names in BGs.

First of all let me preface this by saying that I do like ESO's combat & many other core features, otherwise I wouldn't have been playing for 7 years.

However PvP as it stands in this game is terribly implemented compared to competitors on the market.

Not only do we lack dynamic open world PvP encounters (no, Lagrodiil doesn't count bc only thing you find there nowadays is zergs), but also Battlegrounds (a core feature in most PvP/PvE MMOs that wasn't added until 3 years after ESO launched) are badly flawed by the existence of the third team which leads to RNG situations of two teams focusing yours or two teams just farming the weakest team rather than engaging in good fights - or third team just playing objectives and avoiding PvP while the actual PvPers PvP (which is what they queued for).

Team vs Team is a format that has always worked better (and will continue to do so) as 3-way fights completely take away the strategic element & replace it with RNG of who focuses who.

This is even more evident in solo queue matches, where the match is pretty much decided before it even begins if you get a bad team and/or if your team is focused by the other two teams.

...and that leads us to 2v2/3v3 arenas, another staple feature most other MMOs (not MOBAs as has been suggested earlier in this thread) have. ESO currently lacks actual competitive PvP, and it's not going to find that in the zergy unbalanced environment of Cyrodiil or the RNG infested 3rdpartygrounds.

Even more preposterous is the notion that 2v2/3v3 wouldn't be balanced - have the people making that claim played BGs lately? How's it working out playing against 4 stamcro/magcro teams with stam sorcs and NBs? Newsflash: nothing is balanced.

Not a single streamer or top tier PvPer I've ever talked to has reacted negatively to the notion of having 2v2 or 3v3 arenas in ESO.

Not a single one.

This is what I mean. Elitist and toxic - what you see in WoW. Streamers know better? "Never seen your name in bgs", hence dismiss their opinion? holy damn.

Streamers/top pvpers are the lower common denominator - you guys play ALOT a day compared to the majority of the population. Design games around streamers/top pvpers and say good bye to your player base.

You have been playing ESO way too long to know what other competitors are doing. Gw2, WOW, BDO and FFXIV, all those are ESOs competitors. Their PVP scene is in no way or shape better than ESO, not even close.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
    No, don’t want more toxic people playing the game an ruining the community

[snip]
    fbours wrote: »
    Go play WOW

I lost you at this point.

I don't see how what you described concernes all-3-sides-12man premade BGs. They already have all the players, no queue required.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 26, 2021 1:28PM
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Honestly, its all well and good that people have their arena fights, I just dont like it, I dont think this game needs to be like other games. In fact, I would say if this game was too much like others it would never have made it, and it barely did considering how its release went.

I caution against bringing too much outside success here rather then being creative and finding your own. Wow is the granddaddy of mmos, and its losing members to games like this, FFXIV, and BDO because of the differences not the similarities. Not every game needs a esports scene, and I dont think esports is all that good for gaming or creative development in general.

My vote is no, but its not like it would be the end of the world if it happened. Would just rather see them focus on other potential content rather then grafting more of the same from other games onto this one.
    Edited by Tessitura on April 26, 2021 2:28PM
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    YES (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
    Why not take it One step further? No teams, last man standing, 4-8 People and no proc with just a couple of sets to choose from. Spriggan, BP, hulking, hundings and their magicka equivalent. Shackle and perhaps fortified brass?. The arena doesnt have to be that big either, maybe just a flat surface with some obstacles for LOS? Just a glorious bloodbath! You could allow spectators ingame for People who just want to watch/wait in queue. Like gladiators, would be cool af. And for those who voted "No", youre not forced to participate. You know that right? An arena could be a Breeze of fresh air for us "hardcore pvpers"
    Edited by angelofdeath333 on May 16, 2021 7:02PM
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    YES (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
    ThorianB wrote: »
    Could the people that answered "NO" explain their reasoning ?

Yes. You want to add a MOBA function to ESO. We don't need ESO to be the Walmart of video games. ESO is primarily a PVE game with a few half baked PVP features that don't really work well and add nothing but headaches and complaints to the game. The devs, generally speaking have little interest in developing PVP in this game as is evident by the update history and the quality of pvp areas they have put out.

Cyro is a disaster, IC is a complete waste of space, and battlegrounds are a snoozefest. ZOS is 3 strikes in the pvp game. No need to waste resources to make it 4.

Also this poll is quite biased since you posted in a PVP forum instead of the general. People who don't pvp get a say too. Developing such content does affect them.

People that do not PVP should have no say in this as it does not affect them at all.

I do not play this game for PVE ! I play this game for PVP and like me there are other hundreds of thousands of players!

I enjoy BGs very much, I enjoy ESO PVP, and I love ESO PVP combat system. I only play PVE speedrunning rungeons (vet or normal) and the ocasional trial but I find it very boring and unchellanging.

ZOS should give attention to the PVPers because, as you said, we are an overlooked community. This is the only way to grow the game into something truly great !
    1. Actually everyone that bought and paid for this game has an equal amount of say in the direction it takes and the content created for it. If ZOS puts resources into PVP that is resources they could put in PVE.Trying to deal with PVP balance affects PVE acquired sets, raw materials, etc. It also affects server performance, coding, etc. Its not like PVP is a separate game.

Uuh...? So "everyone" to you is the People who play the same trials every night? And zos should just put resources into pve and not PvP? Do you hear how stupid your statement sounds? The pvpers bought the game too you know.

Edited by angelofdeath333 on May 16, 2021 7:24PM
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    YES (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
    I just want to be able to set up group vs group duels personally. But i know plenty of people who would be all over ranked
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Once upon a time sure, but not today.

1) The state of performance.
    2) Proc sets are the opposite of competitive.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • ThorianB
    ThorianB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    Could the people that answered "NO" explain their reasoning ?

Yes. You want to add a MOBA function to ESO. We don't need ESO to be the Walmart of video games. ESO is primarily a PVE game with a few half baked PVP features that don't really work well and add nothing but headaches and complaints to the game. The devs, generally speaking have little interest in developing PVP in this game as is evident by the update history and the quality of pvp areas they have put out.

Cyro is a disaster, IC is a complete waste of space, and battlegrounds are a snoozefest. ZOS is 3 strikes in the pvp game. No need to waste resources to make it 4.

Also this poll is quite biased since you posted in a PVP forum instead of the general. People who don't pvp get a say too. Developing such content does affect them.

People that do not PVP should have no say in this as it does not affect them at all.

I do not play this game for PVE ! I play this game for PVP and like me there are other hundreds of thousands of players!

I enjoy BGs very much, I enjoy ESO PVP, and I love ESO PVP combat system. I only play PVE speedrunning rungeons (vet or normal) and the ocasional trial but I find it very boring and unchellanging.

ZOS should give attention to the PVPers because, as you said, we are an overlooked community. This is the only way to grow the game into something truly great !
    1. Actually everyone that bought and paid for this game has an equal amount of say in the direction it takes and the content created for it. If ZOS puts resources into PVP that is resources they could put in PVE.Trying to deal with PVP balance affects PVE acquired sets, raw materials, etc. It also affects server performance, coding, etc. Its not like PVP is a separate game.

Uuh...? So "everyone" to you is the People who play the same trials every night? And zos should just put resources into pve and not PvP? Do you hear how stupid your statement sounds? The pvpers bought the game too you know.
    Everyone means that the majority( read PVE players) will have a majority of the influence. PVP players are a tiny fraction of players. From a business perspective, PVP players are not a large enough customer base to spend feature resources on. Which is why Cyro is a broken mess, IC is an epic failure that never got fixed, and battlegrounds are more generic than a $4 prescription at Walmart. Meanwhile, PVE content has a lot of effort thrown into every detail.

A majority of players don't care about PVP and if you want to stay in business you cater to the majority of your customer base, not the minority. This is why PVP gets no love and when it does it usually as a " oops we broke something and have to fix it"

If you removed PVP from ESO, it would be so much easier to balance the game. We wouldn't constantly be getting nerfs and have to constantly rebuild our characters. It is much easier to balance a PVE only game than a game with PVP. IMO, they already spend way to much effort on PVP for what benefit it brings( a handful of hardcore pvp players). Those resources could be better spent on PVE.

I am not against PVP, I love PVP. It is just terrible in almost every way in ESO. ESO is actually in my bottom 5 of worst games for PVP. A lot of the reason why it ranks so low in my list is because it is very haphazardly thrown together and calling it unpolished would be an understatement. PVP in ESO is more like a placeholder in alpha testing to say " We are going to have PVP and its going to tie into the game like this but the PVP portion is still in development and this is just a placeholder for testing". That is what PVP in ESO is like.
  • Heimdarm
    Heimdarm
    ✭✭✭
    YES (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
    Why not take it One step further? No teams, last man standing, 4-8 People and no proc with just a couple of sets to choose from.

4 players would die in the first 2 minutes. After that the remaining sprinting stage 4 vampires and magblades with infinite cloaks would run around the map until the timer expires. Battle results in a draw. :D
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    YES (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
    Heimdarm wrote: »
    Why not take it One step further? No teams, last man standing, 4-8 People and no proc with just a couple of sets to choose from.

4 players would die in the first 2 minutes. After that the remaining sprinting stage 4 vampires and magblades with infinite cloaks would run around the map until the timer expires. Battle results in a draw. :D

I am pretty sure that magblade is the first one to die in that case 😂
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
    *Hell* yes, especially 1v1. Get them off the streets and out of the banks by giving them someplace better to go!
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES (2v2, 3v3)
    Why not take it One step further? No teams, last man standing, 4-8 People and no proc with just a couple of sets to choose from. Spriggan, BP, hulking, hundings and their magicka equivalent. Shackle and perhaps fortified brass?. The arena doesnt have to be that big either, maybe just a flat surface with some obstacles for LOS? Just a glorious bloodbath! You could allow spectators ingame for People who just want to watch/wait in queue. Like gladiators, would be cool af. And for those who voted "No", youre not forced to participate. You know that right? An arena could be a Breeze of fresh air for us "hardcore pvpers"

I think a free for all would probably play better as a battleground mode.

Not my cup of tea, but im sure plenty of people would enjoy it.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
    I would rather see the Cyro map or the IC reworked. Or well working BG queues with a good designed MMR system. No need to add any new content before they fix the old one