The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls Online won’t end until the players leave

scorpius2k1
scorpius2k1
✭✭✭✭✭
🌎 PC/NA
🐧 Linux (Arch)
🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We will NEVER LEAVE B)
    Options
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or until they finally release a patch so bad the servers actually explode.
    Options
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless I get over my eso addiction I’ll stay forever
    Options
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    We will NEVER LEAVE B)

I thought so too, and yet here I am. Offline for the longest amount of time since I started playing with my auto-renew turned off on my ESO+.

Everyone has their breaking point.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
    Options
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're killing it, lol
    Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We will NEVER LEAVE B)

I thought so too, and yet here I am. Offline for the longest amount of time since I started playing with my auto-renew turned off on my ESO+.

I feel ya! I take breaks regularly too. It's refreshing. You'll be back, hopefully!
    Options
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackwood is a nothing chapter, I wouldn't be shocked after a week people will probably turn off this game for a good while.
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We will NEVER LEAVE B)

Yup, with some great looking PvP mmorpg's on the horizon players are waiting to jump ship with their guilds.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on May 18, 2021 3:22PM
    Options
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doom and gloom
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be an obvious response as online games tend to end when the population no longer supports the game. The suggestion that a game is ending or a quitting thread has no bearing on how long a game lasts.
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    It seems to be an obvious response as online games tend to end when the population no longer supports the game. The suggestion that a game is ending or a quitting thread has no bearing on how long a game lasts.

I'm sure crown store shoppers, housing, & players that enjoy overland/rp will have content for many more years.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on May 18, 2021 4:23PM
    Options
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Game is dead!" "People are leaving!" "ESO will lose majority of players!"
    blah blah blah all the time, not only with this game. I remember when particularly rough patch hit Neverwinter Online, game is still there even though they introduced yet another patch that is simply a nope. Still people playing and it will be like that here. Until they decide to close the servers entirely like Wild Star did, the game is not goin' away. Which is good because frankly I am addicted despite many times I am simply so pissed off with how ZOS manage things... But it's a corpo. As long as money is incoming, they will stay. And despite being really salty, I will stay too.
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We will NEVER LEAVE B)

I feel ya! I take breaks regularly too. It's refreshing. You'll be back, hopefully!

Yup, we eventually always do.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    We will NEVER LEAVE B)

Yup, with some great looking PvP mmorpg's on the horizon players are waiting to jump ship with their guilds.

And this is the reason why for most mmorpg's, PvP is good side content at best. The devs know that PvPer tend to move to the latest game with PvP every 2 to 3 years. It's not worth creating any more PvP content that would go on for any longer then that.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the new LOTR MMO Amazon is working on doesn't turn into a cash-grabby P2W/Pay for Convenience mess (likely, cause Amazon) I might move over to that whenever it comes out.

I've been thoroughly disappointed by the PVP changes ZOS has been making recently and stopped playing as much because of that. As well, I've been playing the game since 2015 and my opinion on the crown store decision-making has only gotten worse and worse over time. I'm not a newcomer to the game and am fairly jaded at this point.

Not all doom and gloom though, I do still love the game. It does *a lot* of things better than other MMO's and I really do appreciate that. It's why I've stuck around so long. They have a great game on their hands, its just sometimes it feels like two steps forward, one step back you know?
    Options
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khyrkat wrote: »
    blah blah blah all the time, not only with this game. I remember when particularly rough patch hit Neverwinter Online, game is still there even though they introduced yet another patch that is simply a nope. Still people playing and it will be like that here. Until they decide to close the servers entirely like Wild Star did, the game is not goin' away. Which is good because frankly I am addicted despite many times I am simply so pissed off with how ZOS manage things... But it's a corpo. As long as money is incoming, they will stay. And despite being really salty, I will stay too.

That brings me to this point of how much does this forum full of negative threads influence people's thinking towards this game? I always see lots of these threads that are nothing but complaints instead of suggestion and debate. Sometimes I walk away after reading the forums and think why do I subject myself to much negative and I remind myself I am looking for that one person who has a actual good suggestion for fixing whatever issue is at hand. Or a positive thread I mean everyone on this forum should be playing and if they are it can't be that bad can it? Who keeps playing a game they are fed up with? Do they like being miserable? Just some thoughts on these threads. The game will shut down when it is shut down and not before then. Play have fun and quit being so serious. Remember why you are here.
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We will NEVER LEAVE B)

And this is the reason why for most mmorpg's, PvP is good side content at best. The devs know that PvPer tend to move to the latest game with PvP every 2 to 3 years. It's not worth creating any more PvP content that would go on for any longer then that.

That may be true for non mmo pvp games, not a true statement at all otherwise.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on May 18, 2021 3:42PM
    Options
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We will NEVER LEAVE B)

I mean it's not wrong, I've been hanging around ESO because where else am I going to PVP? WoW Arena? We've been waiting to see which PVP MMORPG was going to take the reigns from ESO. Camelot Unchained is still in development, New World did a 180 and is now just one of the hundred PVE MMORPG's with a little PVP sprinkled on top, Crowfall is...who knows, no one knows if Ashes of Creation is even going to be a real game, etc. We've been patiently waiting, so hopefully something finally launches soon and the combat isn't a tab-targeted clone of WoW.
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We will NEVER LEAVE B)

I mean it's not wrong, I've been hanging around ESO because where else am I going to PVP? WoW Arena? We've been waiting to see which PVP MMORPG was going to take the reigns from ESO. Camelot Unchained is still in development, New World did a 180 and is now just one of the hundred PVE MMORPG's with a little PVP sprinkled on top, Crowfall is...who knows, no one knows if Ashes of Creation is even going to be a real game, etc. We've been patiently waiting, so hopefully something finally launches soon and the combat isn't a tab-targeted clone of WoW.

Greg Street's LOL mmorpg, GhostCrawler WoW years were my favorite PvP.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people continue to participate in something they have only negative comments about. I enjoy this game and I will keep playing as long as I do.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why people continue to participate in something they have only negative comments about. I enjoy this game and I will keep playing as long as I do.

Investment of time and money.
    Guilds and friends that want to move/play together.
    Limited options as games are in development.
    Options
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scallan wrote: »
    If the new LOTR MMO Amazon is working on doesn't turn into a cash-grabby P2W/Pay for Convenience mess (likely, cause Amazon) I might move over to that whenever it comes out.

I've been thoroughly disappointed by the PVP changes ZOS has been making recently and stopped playing as much because of that. As well, I've been playing the game since 2015 and my opinion on the crown store decision-making has only gotten worse and worse over time. I'm not a newcomer to the game and am fairly jaded at this point.

Not all doom and gloom though, I do still love the game. It does *a lot* of things better than other MMO's and I really do appreciate that. It's why I've stuck around so long. They have a great game on their hands, its just sometimes it feels like two steps forward, one step back you know?

Pretty sure that LOTR MMO got cancelled due to contract turmoil. To me ESO will always be that game that is what's known as a "What if" game. ZoS have something here but constantly doing their damn best to just ruin or run it into the ground. For everything design choice ZoS get right they always get so much wrong.
    Options
  • khyrkat
    khyrkat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »

That brings me to this point of how much does this forum full of negative threads influence people's thinking towards this game? I always see lots of these threads that are nothing but complaints instead of suggestion and debate. Sometimes I walk away after reading the forums and think why do I subject myself to much negative and I remind myself I am looking for that one person who has a actual good suggestion for fixing whatever issue is at hand. Or a positive thread I mean everyone on this forum should be playing and if they are it can't be that bad can it? Who keeps playing a game they are fed up with? Do they like being miserable? Just some thoughts on these threads. The game will shut down when it is shut down and not before then. Play have fun and quit being so serious. Remember why you are here.

Most people come to forum to complain, to point out something. Rarely to praise (and really, there are so many things to be praised in ESO). But forum does not contain majority of players actively playing, yes? So anyone taking any game forum as an indicator of general game community mood is misleaded.
    I do enjoy the game. A lot. Despite its flaws. It let me overcome my anxiety in a way I can again talk to people. This is precious.
    Options
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure that LOTR MMO got cancelled due to contract turmoil. To me ESO will always be that game that is what's known as a "What if" game. ZoS have something here but constantly doing their damn best to just ruin or run it into the ground. For everything design choice ZoS get right they always get so much wrong.

https://www.lotro.com/en/game you mean this game that is still being played?
    Options
  • Chips_Ahoy
    Chips_Ahoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info.

Generic interview, talks a lot and says nothing.

At some point something better than ESO will have to come out, and at that moment I'll go.

After 7 years the same formula every chapter, every dlc is already starting to bore me.
    Options
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭

No, not the game from 2007. We were talking about the new one Amazon was developing. But they're right, it did get cancelled. Apparently because Tencent and Amazon had a disagreement. Sad news cause I was pretty excited for that.
    Options
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No Amazon was working on another LOTR mmo. Was supposed to be releasing sometime in 2022. It was cancelled due to dispute with Chinese corp Tencent.
    Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if they lose a player base over time the game will just slowly turn into F2P then slowly die out I suppose....that's the end of all MMO genre games at some point, right?

I hope they crank out another few years and surprise us with some innovative content and story design. We'll see...I do agree that the current model is a bit of a fastfood chain kitchen with the same old routines and ingredients day in and day out.
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Investment of time and money.
    Guilds and friends that want to move/play together.
    Limited options as games are in development.

Everything we do is an investment of time. We are wasting that time if we don't enjoy what we are doing with it.

I've played several MMOs, some with friends who also wanted to try the same game. But it's not a deal breaker for me to move on to something new just because a friend doesn't want to yet. Right now a friend I've gamed with for years is playing WoW, but I'm not going back to a game I no longer enjoy just to play with him. I'm in this for my enjoyment.

While I understand the desire to be active in an MMO, participating in one we no longer enjoy isn't going to make us happy. And honestly the negativity only serves to bring everyone else down.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Most people come to forum to complain, to point out something. Rarely to praise (and really, there are so many things to be praised in ESO). But forum does not contain majority of players actively playing, yes? So anyone taking any game forum as an indicator of general game community mood is misleaded.
    I do enjoy the game. A lot. Despite its flaws. It let me overcome my anxiety in a way I can again talk to people. This is precious.

So you joined in 2020 and play content that rarely has game breaking performance.

Why not add some empathy to your toolkit towards the players that supported this game for years that have had their content performance tossed in the garbage for your playstyle.

Trust me the pvp community mood on the these forums is not misleading.

Something to think about.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on May 18, 2021 4:15PM
    Options