The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 30 - Feedback Thread for Companions

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    The problem with gear is still that we can only loot it. No Collections, no upgrading. Given the amount of gear available and the low drop rates it will easily take months to gather fitting max quality gear and we will need lots of bank space, again, to keep stuff in case we want to respec them. This gear has either to go into collections and has to be printable or craftable and upgradeable so we can gear and respec them the same way we do our characters.

For me... the problem with gear is that we carry it, and that should not be the case. This leads to all sorts of issues, not the least of which is wasted inventory space on the character. The worst part is that your characters do not have easy access to companion gear on other characters, resulting in the ritual moving of items from A to B to C so that they can be used.

This is going to be one of those cases where I just toss companion gear in the trash as new gear comes in. No re-gear/re-spec other than upgrades from drops. Maybe that is what they intend. Hopefully, it is easy to dispose of that gear. No "DESTROY" confirmations.
    Xebov wrote: »
    I dont realy get what the target for compagnions is.

I have been thinking about that. Part of me wonders if they aren't trying to tap into the same "The Sims" mentality that is triggered by Housing. Maybe this is a Ken and Barbie situation that they hope to exploit with cash incentives.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started a new level 1 character, grabbed Bastian, and began adventuring. The interface is fine, it's easy to communicate with him, change his skills, equip gear, set mounts, etc. I appreciate that he points out heavy sacks, although not all the time. His comments on the world are set to frequent and they don't annoy me. I play a goody two-shoes for the most part and he doesn't seem to have an issue with anything I do, so that's great.

Unfortunately he is utterly useless combat wise. I came across a portal and hopped in (apparently this is how you access the public dungeon) and he died to the first group of mobs. And second. And fourth. Big titan boss? Lived for about one hit. And that's with the destro ranged attack and his heal.

I understand he's low level and he only has one piece of gear that isn't what he came with (that's all that's dropped so far and I'm level 12 now, which is another issue), but he's so squishy I don't know why I would even bother with him for roleplaying purposes. What am I going to roleplay, that I made friends with a dude who thinks he's the reincarnation of the Night Mother and keeps trying to die to be with Sithis and I'm foiling his plans by resurrecting him every 10 seconds?

I'd be the first person to be all, I'd play with companions even if they're ineffective so long as they're interesting, but this guy is a straight-up liability. I'm not really sure how to find out whether he's interesting when I have to babysit him even in the overworld in case a Haj Mota looks at him funny and he skips off into the void again.

I was excited for companions, but IMO their survivability if nothing else needs to be increased by a factor of 10. Bastian doesn't block, he doesn't stay out of red, he just light attacks and dies.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are Companions the reason for slashing group sizes to 12 across the board and killing social events? If so, Companions suck.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian has now died to a floor spike trap and disapproved of me either killing or looting a Dremora Valkynaz main quest boss - not sure why he doesn't like that, but his approval is going up so slowly I really don't appreciate glitches that take me backward with him. He's still absolutely awful in combat and I practically have to babysit him even during quests. This is a terrible experience.

Oh, and he comments on how nice it is to wander through a city while we're outside in the swamp. No wonder he dies to floor spikes if he doesn't even have the situational awareness to know where he is.
  • elinien
    elinien
    ✭✭✭
    Have to join the 'what target audience are these for?' crowd. They are not the help we were promised for several reasons.

(1) They die way too easily. It's been mentioned again and again and again. More often than not fighting with them requires more effort than fighting alone due to how much work I have to put into keeping them alive.
    (2) They don't use their abilities enough. The cooldowns are brutal, even using all cooldown reduction gear.
    (3) They cannot interact with objects.

There are a few possibilities I was thinking, and saw others mention:
    (1) Content scaling... have their health and damage scale depending on the type of content (overland vrs dungeons).
    (2) Reduce... the...cooldowns. Even if that means changing the damage/healing on abilities, if they fire more often it will feel better overall.
    (2) Non-combat controls. Let us control what they do outside of combat situations (like open a chest, or pull a lever, etc).
    PCNA/EU since 2015
  • elinien
    elinien
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the inventory problem (because it IS a problem) I really like the 'gear as collectables' idea. Not only would it solve gear clogging up character and bank inventory, but it would make the grind less oppressive if we only needed to find a piece of gear once. It would also make it dead simple to manage companion builds.
    PCNA/EU since 2015
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to beat a dead horse (companion) but Bastian also killed himself with his own light attacks on the final boss of the main quest, due to being unable to understand the concept of not attacking an enemy with a reflective shield up. When I tried to use Y and click to focus him on a different enemy, I got a message that he didn't have an ultimate equipped and he continued his death-seeking. I don't want to have to micromanage these people during fights when they don't have any actual artificial intelligence. As it is they can only be used in the overworld because if he dies to trash packs in public dungeons he won't last ten seconds in a group dungeon, and the word "used" isn't even really accurate because they're useless in combat.

It would be better if, at a minimum, a) they were much more survivable, b) they didn't die and instead just took a knee for 10 or 15 seconds, and c) they didn't take environmental damage. That still wouldn't make them effective, but at least they wouldn't be an actual liability and I could be convinced to take them places.
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One problem I actually don't have is this gear problem people are talking about, because in 6 hours of play only two items dropped for him. But I do think companion gear should go straight into their inventory when you loot it, because if they can't live through a strong breeze they can damn well at least haul their own crap. I'm not sworn to carry your burdens, Bastian, especially if you insist I am only a cordial acquaintance after I saved Nirn from a Daedric Prince while you took a nap on the floor.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us have helms (cosmetic/visual) on Companions. If they have a hat, helmet, or helm equipped, we should be able to customize the appearance with the Companion Outfit. If we have them wearing one of our Costumes, we should be able to decide whether or not the headgear is visible.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily need a possibility to cover their faces with a helmet, but please let us change at least their hairstyles, beard, tattoo, etc.! That does not changes something with their individual appearance or character.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rapport
    Did you understand how to influence your companion through the rapport system?
    Was it clear when rapport was being adjusted and why?

Please could you add some numbers to the Rapport scale:

pSMEJfW.jpg

At least the maximum and minimum possible score, and the current score. The threshold numbers required to trigger the extra quests, achievements and collectibles would also be useful.

There's nothing like a bit of rational measure to help people make rational decisions.
    PC EU
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they actually unsummon themselves with low enough rapport? To me, that just falls into the 'useless and annoying' category. They are here to help a player, so if I pick a flower my companion will just leave group?
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give us the ability to create/change their name and physical appearance, just like we can when creating our own characters, so we do not have multitudes of identical characters running around.
    Edited by phairdon on May 8, 2021 11:24PM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Give us the ability to create/change their name and physical appearance, just like we can when creating our own characters, so we do not have multitudes of identical characters running around.

This would be perfect imo.
    Edited by TelvanniWizard on May 9, 2021 6:48AM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    Do they actually unsummon themselves with low enough rapport? To me, that just falls into the 'useless and annoying' category. They are here to help a player, so if I pick a flower my companion will just leave group?

In my experience using the rapport increasing/decreasing boosters on a template character, they only unsummon if they're at the very lowest rapport level (which is basically "I can't stand the sight of you and I don't know why I'm still teaming up with you"). Given how very very slowly rapport levels change, you'd have to spend a lot of time doing things they really hate to get their rapport down that low.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We do not have space anymore for companion gear in the regular inventory.
    ZOS, please give companions a 60-slot-companion-gear-inventory.
    For QOL, this companion gear inventory could be shared among all companions.

Edited by BalticBlues on May 11, 2021 7:01AM
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the Companion combat abilities in general? Were there any that felt too powerful or not powerful enough?

In 7.0.3, companion combat seems even more awkward with the constant roll dodging. Since the roll dodge is always backwards this often leads to them being VERY far away from the player unless the player runs after them (which isn't fun). You really have to micro-manage them or try and position their backs against a wall so they don't roll dodge away into the sunset. Which, again, having to micro-manage my companion is 100% frustrating and in no way an enjoyable experience.

In some instances Mirri was causing the mobs to rubber band and reset because she roll dodged backwards so much. She had no sense of where the player is and will just keep rolling away forever. When Mirri was out I felt like I was under pressure to finish the fight faster so she didn't roll away into oblivion. So having her out makes the combat LESS enjoyable in some respects.

In another instance Mirri roll dodged into a rock (this was a delve in Craglorn) and she got stuck in the rock. After I finished combat she reappeared next to me a few seconds later.

Why do they dodge roll so much? Well, I think it is because companions take so much damage they are constantly hitting that 25% threshold to roll. Even in full heavy Mirri can barely take a hit from an overland mob. in addition, if companions are standing in AoE and no mob is targeting them to cause them to dodge, they just stand there and die.

FEEDBACK: I don't think roll dodging is the answer here to companion's squishiness. Companions still need some innate damage mitigation, especially AoE mitigation.

When companions do roll dodge it shouldn't always be backwards. Pick a random direction every time. it would still be better than: roll away, roll away, roll away, roll away - "Hey where did Mirri go?"

But, the real solution is to not have them try and act like level 3 players. Just let them be the NPCs they want to be and give them some juicy damage mitigation by default, then they can just stand in the AoE or take a few hits and we will be much happier with their ability to stay alive.

• Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did you think of the Companion combat abilities in general? Were there any that felt too powerful or not powerful enough?

In 7.0.3, companion combat seems even more awkward with the constant roll dodging. Since the roll dodge is always backwards this often leads to them being VERY far away from the player unless the player runs after them (which isn't fun). You really have to micro-manage them or try and position their backs against a wall so they don't roll dodge away into the sunset. Which, again, having to micro-manage my companion is 100% frustrating and in no way an enjoyable experience.

In some instances Mirri was causing the mobs to rubber band and reset because she roll dodged backwards so much. She had no sense of where the player is and will just keep rolling away forever. When Mirri was out I felt like I was under pressure to finish the fight faster so she didn't roll away into oblivion. So having her out makes the combat LESS enjoyable in some respects.

In another instance Mirri roll dodged into a rock (this was a delve in Craglorn) and she got stuck in the rock. After I finished combat she reappeared next to me a few seconds later.

Why do they dodge roll so much? Well, I think it is because companions take so much damage they are constantly hitting that 25% threshold to roll. Even in full heavy Mirri can barely take a hit from an overland mob. in addition, if companions are standing in AoE and no mob is targeting them to cause them to dodge, they just stand there and die.

FEEDBACK: I don't think roll dodging is the answer here to companion's squishiness. Companions still need some innate damage mitigation, especially AoE mitigation.

When companions do roll dodge it shouldn't always be backwards. Pick a random direction every time. it would still be better than: roll away, roll away, roll away, roll away - "Hey where did Mirri go?"

But, the real solution is to not have them try and act like level 3 players. Just let them be the NPCs they want to be and give them some juicy damage mitigation by default, then they can just stand in the AoE or take a few hits and we will be much happier with their ability to stay alive.

It's almost as if they just can't take hits regardless of ai... Like almost everyone here said...

30e7dd.jpg

Just give them 30-40k hp minimum. There's no way they should just die to overland. I'm still annoyed that they will be useless for even dungeons. I had solo/duo plans.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭

Well this update isn't looking good for the majority of their player base... but damn that was a funny read tyvm
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mirri's "foul mouth" has goes missing. This is disappointing. It's one of the few things that makes her entertaining.

Her meet the character article says:

[qoute]And the only thing fouler than her mood is her mouth—she curses like a Sea Elf pirate! I remember the first time she graced our hall with her presence, Mirri felt that Soris Rothan had insulted her in some way. She unleashed a barrage of profanities upon the poor sod that ended by proclaiming him “a scrib sucking s’wit with lips an alit wouldn’t kiss!”[/quote]

In her pick-up quest, "Shattered and Scattered", Mirri does use quite a few interesting, um... colloquialisms. Such as "Vekh!", "by Vehk!", "fetching Vekh!". Sounds a bit like the Irish curse word, and reminds me of Father Ted. It's funny.

Once she's summoned as a companion though, that all seems to have disappeared. She talks like a watered-down version of Naryu - affecting friendship and familiarity.

It's almost like there were two different people writing her dialogue.
    PC EU
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think roll dodging is the answer here to companion's squishiness. Companions still need some innate damage mitigation, especially AoE mitigation.
    I agree. At least they should by as sturdy as a Warden/Sorc pet.
    Since the roll dodge is always backwards this often leads to them being VERY far away from the player unless the player runs after them (which isn't fun). When companions do roll dodge it shouldn't always be backwards. Pick a random direction every time.
    I disagree. At low health a companion should roll-dodge behind the back of his/her player, like a human would do seeking protection behind a broad shoulder. So if the player is smart, avoiding red AoE, the companion benefits from this by roll-dodging behind the player, out of the red.

Edited by BalticBlues on May 11, 2021 1:38PM
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. At low health a companion should roll-dodge behind the back of his/her player, like a human would do seeking protection behind a broad shoulder. So if the player is smart, avoiding red AoE, the companion benefits from this by roll-dodging behind the player, out of the red.

Yeah I mean that is a good idea too if they are able to program such a thing. "Random" was just the first solution that popped in my head to deal with the constantly rolling backwards companions like to do.
  • crazepdx
    crazepdx
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I mean that is a good idea too if they are able to program such a thing. "Random" was just the first solution that popped in my head to deal with the constantly rolling backwards companions like to do.

It seems like it would be easy to program a leash for the companion where they stay within x distance of the player with a default to move toward the player.
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirri's "foul mouth" has goes missing. This is disappointing. It's one of the few things that makes her entertaining.

Her meet the character article says:
    And the only thing fouler than her mood is her mouth—she curses like a Sea Elf pirate! I remember the first time she graced our hall with her presence, Mirri felt that Soris Rothan had insulted her in some way. She unleashed a barrage of profanities upon the poor sod that ended by proclaiming him “a scrib sucking s’wit with lips an alit wouldn’t kiss!”

In her pick-up quest, "Shattered and Scattered", Mirri does use quite a few interesting, um... colloquialisms. Such as "Vekh!", "by Vehk!", "fetching Vekh!". Sounds a bit like the Irish curse word, and reminds me of Father Ted. It's funny.

Once she's summoned as a companion though, that all seems to have disappeared. She talks like a watered-down version of Naryu - affecting friendship and familiarity.

It's almost like there were two different people writing her dialogue.

Have you tested on the current PTS patch? I played a bit today with Mirri with dialogue frequency turned to max, and she did say Vehk... quite a lot. Primarily while killing trash mobs (initiating encounter)

Definitely felt like a vocal tick to me, maybe they changed something in 7.0.3
    Edited by xgoku1 on May 11, 2021 4:32PM
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭

I suggest you learn to use the pet attack/recall commands (Hold Y and left click to attack vs Hold Y and right click to hold off) if you want to stop your companions from resetting monsters by moving too far away. If you want the most out of your companion then you will have to micro-manage them when you're in combat just like when you micro-manage your resources so you don't run out or reapplying skills when they end.
    Edited by Mysticman on May 11, 2021 5:00PM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »
    I suggest you learn to use the pet attack/recall commands (Hold Y and left click to attack vs Hold Y and right click to hold off) if you want to stop your companions from resetting monsters by moving too far away.
    And why should there be any need for this?
    Since beta I NEVER saw any Sorc/Warden pet resetting a monster.
    If even dumb daedra companions can play this game since release, why can't the new human companions?

• couriersix
    couriersix
    ✭✭✭
    Please let companions interact with objects such as pressure plates, there's absolutely no reason for them not to and it would help give them SOME utility, even if the bare minimum, to endgame PVE players since it's impossible to clear dungeons such as Direfrost Keep while solo. Or for example, if someone DC's in nAA and while waiting on them, another group member can summon their companion to stand on a pressure plate and help the rest of the group progress while waiting for them to return. In this scenario, if the missing member does not return then it also helps prevent 11 people from being held back while looking for replacement which can take significant amount of time in a raid away.

I do not believe that a minimal level of interactability will replace actual players, but it certainly would be a quality of life improvement and help make them more useful to a wider range of players and group play.

On the topic of companion usefulness, I will resound the sentiment that they need to be buffed or have additional survivability. Bringing Bastian along to world bosses feels bad. He dies quickly, cannot heal himself or me, and I would just rather run something like pale order instead. Currently standing, companions are just "lowbie babysitting simulator" for a majority of players.
    Edited by couriersix on May 11, 2021 7:51PM
    PC / NA - cp 1000+ - EP magicka necro.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »
    I suggest you learn to use the pet attack/recall commands (Hold Y and left click to attack vs Hold Y and right click to hold off) if you want to stop your companions from resetting monsters by moving too far away. If you want the most out of your companion then you will have to micro-manage them when you're in combat just like when you micro-manage your resources so you don't run out or reapplying skills when they end.

I suggest you go back through this entire thread and read the feedback. You missed the entire point of nearly 100% of the feedback. There is zero point and absolutely no circumstance in which micro-managing the companion adds to: fun, enjoyment, ability to clear content, ability to keep them alive, or general usefulness. The only circumstance in which using Y would be useful is if you could direct them to stand on pressure plates, but you can't even do that.

Even with using Y, if a companion is at range they return to 28 meters, and if the enemy that causes them to roll dodge backwards melees them again, then they will roll backwards again. So every other bar swap I should just remember to make my companion disengage? Or retarget? Why? For the amazing 2k dps they add? Or after 2-4 roll dodges backwards have them disengage so they can stop using their pitiful heals and die before they can even make it back to me?

Why don't they just stay within 28 meters of the player in the first place when in combat? That would make 1000% more sense than continuously rolling back. Why should the player be on the hook to make the companion have even a modicum of value? And that is besides the point: They still die in 90% of fights that is not simple overland content due to not having proper damage mitigation.

I like companions. I want them in the game. But right now they bring absolutely NOTHING to the table. They will not help you clear any content you couldn't already clear. I have spent hours on PTS every week testing and provided feedback on every change - this isn't just patch note rage. After three weeks they still serve almost no purpose but roleplaying and dress-up. And that stinks because I would love a deeper and more engaging system.

It is a bit frustrating to say that my play style is the problem when the feedback is nearly universal: companions need some serious help or they will just continue to be a lame gimmick.

Edited by NoxiousBlight on May 11, 2021 7:58PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    7.0.3:
    Reduced the frequency of your Companion’s idle chatter.

I spent an hour with Mirri. She is now bearable, even with Companion Dialogue set to most frequent. She's stopped nagging. Nearly everything she says is relevant to the situation.

No complaints, except for the almost total lack of swearing ;)
    PC EU
  • eaglexk
    eaglexk
    ✭✭✭
    Feedback on companions in Patch 7.0.3:
    Which areas or zones were you in with your companion?
    Glenumbra, Eyevea, Vvardenfell
    What types of gameplay were you doing with your companion?
    world bosses fights, mages guild dailies, Spindleclutch I (normal), Elden Hollow I (normal)
    Was it clear how to access the Companions interface?
    Quite intuitive
    Was the Companion ability system clear and intuitive to use?
    Yes, it is
    Did your companion use the slotted abilities as you expected them to?
    Seems like yes
    Did you feel the companion talked too much or too little in various circumstances?
    No, I don't feel companions are verbose too much. What it will be nice is to integrate companion dialogue with zone guide system so you can ask him for advice what to do next and companion will point you to some zone discovery point, maybe adding a short voice reference about the POI.
    In current patch tank role is much better as before but on my opinion.
    Healer role is not so exciting as it should not only heal but also buff you for damage and restore you some resources. Currently there's no damage-increasing buffs at all, one buff for resistance with about 50% uptime, no resource-restoring skills (mystic orb will be great BTW). Healing over time is quite limited but it should be sufficient for normal dungeons.
    The weakest role is DD as companion's DPS is too low (currently it's about 7k) and should be increased at least twice. Normal player's DPS in tank and healer role is up to 2-3k only, DD role is 10x-20x more, companion as tank or healer does 25%-35% DPS comparing to own DD role so you can see that DD role is more like idle staying lazy NPC :)
    Were you able to configure your companion to perform the role you wished?
    Seems like yes but I don't think the companion can perform DD role ATM.
    Were you able to effectively utilize keyboard/gamepad shortcuts to direct companion target behavior? (Hold Y and left click to attack vs Hold Y and right click to hold off)
    Yes, I prefer to play as pet sorcerer so it's easy for me. The only strange thing is that companion stops healing you when you hold it off from fight. But maybe it's okay.
    How did the companion progression feel in terms of time to level up, advance skills, unlock abilities, improve rapport, or acquire equipment? Was the progress clear in terms of how to access everything?
    This looks fine for me.
    Was the companion cosmetic customization experience clear and function as expected?
    Yes, this part looks completely amazing!
    Did you understand how to influence your companion through the rapport system?
    Yes, it's quite clear as you have achievements for your companions where you can see how to advance in your rapport system.
    Was it clear when rapport was being adjusted and why?
    Sure
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    I would like to recommend to
    - add a Mystic Orb to the Undaunted skills line, probably instead of Bone Shield
    - decrease the Inner Rage cooldown from 36 seconds to something more relevant like 15 sec to not allow companion to loose taunt
    - it will be nice to have at least 3 ultimate per companion to have relevant options for each role: DD. heal, tank. Probably you can put armor skills to the Ultimate slot?
    - Trap skill from the Fighters guild doesn't look too effective. Probably it should do damage anyway and be placed under attacker?