The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Phantom Mail Bug ...

• LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    They responded to my negative review in steam l, giving me the same rubbish that the bot responded to me in my email stating that i should email what was lost in the mail etc and they had already fixed the mail in the last major patch. Again it's totally irrelevant to what's really happening. This bug has affected mostly to returning players who have not been playing for a long time so how the hell do we know what's in those mails. Again, I don't care about those attachments anymore.. I just want my mail to be fixed and receive mail again. I won't remove the negative review I made bec the frustration I got from this experience is totally the worst I had in all the games I played.
  • johnebrown
    johnebrown
    ✭✭✭
    LOrdCarL wrote: »
    They responded to my negative review in steam l, giving me the same rubbish that the bot responded to me in my email stating that i should email what was lost in the mail etc and they had already fixed the mail in the last major patch. Again it's totally irrelevant to what's really happening. This bug has affected mostly to returning players who have not been playing for a long time so how the hell do we know what's in those mails. Again, I don't care about those attachments anymore.. I just want my mail to be fixed and receive mail again. I won't remove the negative review I made bec the frustration I got from this experience is totally the worst I had in all the games I played.

Yeah - that was a different bug afaik and didn't affect me at all. These posts are about the new bug, but I understand your frustration and I'm glad I didn't have to suffer through both bugs like you did. :/

• wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Alright lets pray boys and girls its almost the day
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    So is the maintenance done?
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    lmfaooo so here's the update for you guys you can view your unread mails, lets say it says you have 10 unread mails you can view and clear those however you still can't receive any new mails. So see you all in a week or a month when they decide to try and fix it again and don't do ***
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Tried sending myself a mail with another account u23g3z8tzvz9.png
    as you can see says its full even tho this is my mailbox on my other account
    s4ychz29zl31.png
    and same goes if you buy stuff from guild stores you don't receive them.

please zos lmao patch again today or something I can't wait another month.
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    wrote wrote: »
    lmfaooo so here's the update for you guys you can view your unread mails, lets say it says you have 10 unread mails you can view and clear those however you still can't receive any new mails. So see you all in a week or a month when they decide to try and fix it again and don't do ***

OMG that sucks well it still says maintenance on going when i open the launcher.. maybe it's not yet done? haven't tried it yet so i'll just login when the prompt is already gone.

• wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭

OMG that sucks well it still says maintenance on going when i open the launcher.. maybe it's not yet done? haven't tried it yet so i'll just login when the prompt is already gone.

Nah the maintenance still going is for EU the NA one have been done for a little while.
  • melfreeman
    melfreeman
    ✭✭
    YAY!!! I CAN FINALLY DELETE THE OLD MAIL IN MY BOX!!!!! WOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!!
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    Tried sending myself a mail with another account u23g3z8tzvz9.png
    as you can see says its full even tho this is my mailbox on my other account
    s4ychz29zl31.png
    and same goes if you buy stuff from guild stores you don't receive them.

please zos lmao patch again today or something I can't wait another month.

I tried it.. mine's already working.. bought something from guild store, though I had to relogin to receive it bec reloadui and TP didnt work.. just looking out if there will be more mail bugs again if none then ill return my ESO+..
  • dabro90
    dabro90
    ✭✭
    So, if it's still broken for me (EU) should I be worried?
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    dabro90 wrote: »
    So, if it's still broken for me (EU) should I be worried?

Its still broken for me NA. From what I can tell thus far if your mailbox wasn't full before your invisible unread mails this update fixed it however if your mails was already full you"re still bugged as basically it says you have 0 mails but your mailbox is still full from what I can see.
  • dabro90
    dabro90
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I've decided to wait and see if they actually fix. Was on the verge of buying DLCs when they replied in the thread.
    This is ridiculous and probably end of the line for me where I quit the game.
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    dabro90 wrote: »
    I'm glad I've decided to wait and see if they actually fix. Was on the verge of buying DLCs when they replied in the thread.
    This is ridiculous and probably end of the line for me where I quit the game.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/572659/mailbox-full-but-empty#latest
    Opened a new thread since technically this is a new issue.. This one was kind of referring to our stuck unread mails and it seems like that's all they took a look into.
  • B3N
    B3N
    ✭✭✭
    The problem still exists, even after 6.3.9. The UI tells me that I have 0 mails, but my inbox is full (even if I'm unable to see them) and I'm unable to receive new mails - wether from the system nor from other players.
    Guild: VANEN - www.vanen.info - EU / PC
    Character: - Aiala - Templar
  • Misharra
    Misharra
    ✭✭
    Alright, this is where my leeway runs out.

If it had just been our requests for assistance being ignored while they worked tirelessly on a fix, fine. Lackluster service/communications model but they'd have been working on it at least.

But a month has now passed with this issue affecting multiple accounts. An incremental update was cited as being the answer to this broken core functionality. And the incremental update has come, gone, and that update has done nothing:

1s749nkb2rhu.png

f6ff6ohayp67.png

There's no shame in saying "We're working on it but don't know why this issue exists." My day job involves software support; believe me, I understand that statement far better than I wish I did.

However: Either send help or tell us you have nothing. Anything less than doing so is insulting to us.

I'm cross-posting this to the new thread at wrote's link, as well, and I encourage everyone in this thread to do the same.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/572659/mailbox-full-but-empty#latest
    Opened a new thread since technically this is a new issue.. This one was kind of referring to our stuck unread mails and it seems like that's all they took a look into.
  • KairanD
    KairanD
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to see 18 messages and, then, delete them... However... I'm still unable to receive anything, and the support keeps ignoring my ticket. The game still points out that my box is full.

Enough. I'm not going to spend even a single penny with this game. I'm also writing a negative review on Steam and deleting every Zenimax/Bethesda game from my wishlist.
  • Vandee
    Vandee
    Soul Shriven
    The maintenance was done, patch installed and yet nothing has been fixed. This is ridiculous. I'm so glad I didn't buy eso+
  • quickblade418
    quickblade418
    ✭✭✭
    I really had hopes, when I logged today had 2 returned mail from my other account that I dont use anymore, cleared the 2 mails and asked a friend to send me a mail , didnt work : recipient still full....

I guess I'll take another break of ESO I will see you all in a year or so.
    Edited by quickblade418 on May 3, 2021 7:22PM
    NA PC

EP
    - Ishkashi - Magplar
    - Orchish - Stamplar
    - Amerikan Knight - Stam DK
    - Déàth - Mag DK
    - Psychic Venom - Mag NB
    - Made in Quebec - Stam NB
    - Death'inately not Dëäth - Stamden

DC
    - Dëàth - Mag DK
    - Death-îsh - Magden

AD
    - Lìfe - Magden
    - Déäth - Mag DK
  • LOrdCarL
    LOrdCarL
    Mine is already working i can already receive mail and attachment from guild merchants though i haven't tried asking someone to send me a mail directly and I still have the issue of needing to logout or change character to receive the things i bought.. I just hope that this will be fixed for everyone already and no more game breaking bugs to come..
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    Mine is already working i can already receive mail and attachment from guild merchants though i haven't tried asking someone to send me a mail directly and I still have the issue of needing to logout or change character to receive the things i bought.. I just hope that this will be fixed for everyone already and no more game breaking bugs to come..

if you can receive from guild merchants you can receive from players, we just can't receive anything at all still
  • Guitar_Player64
    Guitar_Player64
    Soul Shriven
    More the 1 month i have this issue an all char's, i refund my pre-order blackwood chapter( it's really insane. Sorry for my google-translate english :)
  • Treblin
    Treblin
    ✭✭
    Can confirm: the "8 unread messages" that were previously invisible became readable and delete-able (they are now gone).

Can confirm: I am still unable to receive any new mail. I tried sending myself some: "Recipient's inbox is full." Tried exiting the client and logging back in and trying again. Same result. Solicited zone chat to send me something... never heard back (I had on a previous attempt a number of days ago).

So a partial fix... This is hugely disappointing. I'd taken months away and was excited to come back to ESO, pre-purchase Blackwood, and Re-up my ESO+ sub. None of that will be happening now. I'll be back to check this thread from time to time hoping to eventually return to a functional game.
  • Treblin
    Treblin
    ✭✭
    Check out wrote's new thread:

@ZOS_GinaBruno has asked for usernames of affected players.
  • CastleCrasher
    At least they gave me an invitation code, I can come here to ask when the bug can be fixed
  • wrote
    wrote
    ✭✭
    At least they gave me an invitation code, I can come here to ask when the bug can be fixed

Welcome to the wait! 2 months and going... One day it will be fixed!
  • Dontezz
    Dontezz
    ✭✭✭
    Treblin wrote: »

Post your @name and server if still affected by Empty but Full mail bug on other post:
  • chiipso
    chiipso
    ✭✭✭
    How is this still not fixed yet..
  • Alikhandrew
    Alikhandrew
    Soul Shriven
    Just returned yesterday after a few months break form the game and YES I have the exact issue and my ticket is on hold for 48+ hours! this is a very big disappointment for a simple glitch to take all this time and still not fixed... Because a big deal of the gameplay is dependent on player mailbox
  • dabro90
    dabro90
    ✭✭
    Just returned yesterday after a few months break form the game and YES I have the exact issue and my ticket is on hold for 48+ hours! this is a very big disappointment for a simple glitch to take all this time and still not fixed... Because a big deal of the gameplay is dependent on player mailbox

Haha, 48 hours... Some of us are waiting for over month and a half. Some of us gave up already (i'm pretty much only lurking around this thread for entertainment value, done with the game even when they eventually fix this)