The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Captain's Note on Firemoth Island. My main character did the starter quest years ago and left this book. Have they put the book in another place for those who have finished the quest, like they do for other quest books? I have not been able to get back to Firemoth and ZOS is completely useless as usual. I have tried to have the Breaking Through the Fog quest shared but it says unable to share. Is there something I'm missing or should I write this book off as never ever going to get?

I’m pretty sure I was able to get to Firemoth Island on my main, who was made pre-Chapters and so never did the Morrowind tutorial. I will try looking again today.

+
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Gabriel_H wrote: »
    Djennku wrote: »
    @EnerG, the wiki says you'll find it near the southern entrance to the ruins, and I recall I found it post quest when I was hunting Eidetic memory books, so I would look around. Good luck!

Checking back in myself, has anyone seen "Journal of Justiciar Avanaire", "The Scaled Elves", or "Sealed Letter" post quest in a readable location since the last patch?

Journal of Justiciar Avanaire - Should be in the boss room of Tor-Hame-Khard

The Scaled Elves - Camp outside Sea Keep. Head due East from the main gate.

Sealed Letter - Still not in game post quest.

I'm sorry, but Journal of Justiciar Avanaire is still bugged for my account.
    I can't find it in the boss room of Tor-Hame-Khard, and the location showed in map by the game in another room of Tor-Hame-Khard (the room of Justiciar Avanaire) it's wrong too. :'(

meoco9euyfri.png

b1g80lcibid3.png

xqbsegnt619p.png

epe81rcivf6f.png

I can't find Journal of Justiciar Avanaire on any table, any point, any pixel !!

I was playing with a friend and... hey... he found the book without having the quest in his quest journal and he never did it before. :s:/
    Pearls Before Traitors

I have already completed the quest Pearls Before Traitors and missed Journal of Justiciar Avanaire. :(

PC | EU
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Captain's Note on Firemoth Island. My main character did the starter quest years ago and left this book. Have they put the book in another place for those who have finished the quest, like they do for other quest books? I have not been able to get back to Firemoth and ZOS is completely useless as usual. I have tried to have the Breaking Through the Fog quest shared but it says unable to share. Is there something I'm missing or should I write this book off as never ever going to get?

Confirming I've just done this again now: you need to take the boat from Seyda Neen to Firemoth Island. You can't get into the compound again, but you don't head that way -- just need to head right off the boat to get to the docks. Captain's Note is attached to the stone wall at the covered pier with the winch.
  • AntsyFiddler
    AntsyFiddler
    ✭✭

Confirming I've just done this again now: you need to take the boat from Seyda Neen to Firemoth Island. You can't get into the compound again, but you don't head that way -- just need to head right off the boat to get to the docks. Captain's Note is attached to the stone wall at the covered pier with the winch.

Thank you, one of the solutions I previously came across was someone mentioned taking a boat there. But, of the boats around Seyda Neen, I couldn't find one to interact with. But since you mention the boat again, I went back for the thirtieth time and there it was, the wheel on the big ship at the end of the dock. Thank you again.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, one of the solutions I previously came across was someone mentioned taking a boat there. But, of the boats around Seyda Neen, I couldn't find one to interact with. But since you mention the boat again, I went back for the thirtieth time and there it was, the wheel on the big ship at the end of the dock. Thank you again.

It is confusing there, because it is not a small boat you need to take, but a ship. Maybe not big enough to be a proper "ship" as in "warship", but you know... There are smaller ones in ESO. A ship with a bridge, steering wheel, etc. that is located at the southeast of Seyda Neen.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    Can't find it mentioned here yet, but in the other Lorebook thread, there are comments of a certain lorebook now being confirmed fixed.

This was also confirmed in the patch notes for PTS, now a little while back (can't remember the date)

The infamous Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned version) will be fixed and dropping with Blackwood 👍

Finally after all these years, the book will be ours❤
  • No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »
    Can't find it mentioned here yet, but in the other Lorebook thread, there are comments of a certain lorebook now being confirmed fixed.

This was also confirmed in the patch notes for PTS, now a little while back (can't remember the date)

The infamous Tome of the Undaunted (unsigned version) will be fixed and dropping with Blackwood 👍

Sure hope we can get the book without having to start a new character.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No_Wan wrote: »

You can — it’s on the bench behind the signed copy in the Undaunted tent in Elden Root. I haven’t yet checked for it in the other enclaves.
    Edited by virtus753 on April 27, 2021 8:14PM
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    For those of us who have been chasing that specific lorebook should go at it together and make it a grand celebration 🤣👍
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the Lorebooks addon shows you the apparent position of a letter, but that is not where it's actually on the ground - sometimes it's where the *person* is, who starts a quest (and may give you a letter which is automatically read, but not actually *counted* as read until you go to Inventory / Quest Items and read it again!)
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    of course, that's an addon so one can't expect much from addons, BUT, it means there are several documents in-game which are shown to the player and you think you've "read" them, but in fact you haven't, and that strikes me as a bug in itself.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    No_Wan wrote: »

You can — it’s on the bench behind the signed copy in the Undaunted tent in Elden Root. I haven’t yet checked for it in the other enclaves.

Holy crap, I did not expect them to actually fix this. Both this AND Sealed Letter this patch are getting fixed, we are blessed.

Now if only Rite of the Scion would work for me.
  • Bobby's_UserID
    Bobby's_UserID
    ✭✭✭
    They finally made the unsigned version of Tome of the Undaunted available.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted Tome Unsigned FOUND, finally.
    I don't know where to find Sealed Letters... can someone help me please ?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted Tome Unsigned FOUND, finally.
    I don't know where to find Sealed Letters... can someone help me please ?

Valley of the Blades.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Peri

Use this horse. It's on a fence.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now can't find "Adventurer's Almanac, Vol. 2" anywhere. I've looked in the place it's SUPPOSED to be, at least historically: namely at the docks in Davons Watch, Vulkhel Guard or Daggerfall, with toons of all factions, including those who had already found it (there) and those who hadn't.

Also, "Adventurer's Almanac, Vol. 1" also used to be there, but is no longer there - however it's available in Undaunted enclaves in capital cities. So is Vol. 3. However, Vol. 2 is not.

So does anybody know whether Vol. 2 can be found in-game still?
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Hello. I am looking for a Foe Most Porcine pamphlet. Is it available during the Jesters festival only or can I get it at any time? Thank you..
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello. I am looking for a Foe Most Porcine pamphlet. Is it available during the Jesters festival only or can I get it at any time? Thank you..

Only during the festival.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    2 Books I needed

Books of Bladwook:

Foolish Wings

The Impresario's Catalogue:

A Quest of Sand, Snow, and Blood
    Edited by Holger30 on July 27, 2021 8:28PM
  • Anyammis
    Anyammis
    ✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    16 Books I needed

Books of Bladwook:

Edvilda's Log Book
    Foolish Wings
    Grenetta's Journal
    Letter from Inalieth
    Letter from Quistley Silvelle
    Merchant Lords' Compiled Documents
    Onimiril's Writings
    Save My Precious
    Your Assistance Is Appreciated

Daedric Cults:

Havocrel: Strangers from Oblivion

The Devoted and the Deranged:

A Tale of the Dauntless Bananas
    Goldleaf Acquisitions, Manager's Notes
    Museum Guild Letter
    The Nomads of Nirn

An Invitation to Elsweyr

Edvilda's Log Book, Grenetta's Journal, Letter from Inalieth, Letter from Quistley Silvelle, and Onimiril's Writings are all from the associated companion quests.

Save My Precious and Your Assistance is Appreciated is from the end of the Lost in the Wilds achievement and you can look online for a guide for it.

Merchant Lords' Compiled Documents is in the chapel of Zenthiar Abbey after you finish that quest on the side.

Havocrel: Strangers from Oblivion is on a table right before Bahsei in Rockgrove.

I'm missing a few books if anyone can help, some overlap with yours.
    Books of Blackwood
    Foolish Wings
    Prayer for a Shadowscale

The Devoted and the Deranged
    Museum Guild Letter
    Goldleaf Aquisitions
    Manager's Notes
    The Nomads of Nirn
    The Sonnet of Aetherius Art
    An Ode to the Disenfranchised

Pellitine Postings
    Unsent Letter

The Impresario's Catalogue
    An Invitation to Elsweyr

Apparently the books in the Devoted and the Deranged were added to celebrate the Tamriel Together event but I still am unsure where they are in game. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    PC NA
    GM of Eyes of the Queen
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Thx @Anyammis
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyammis wrote: »
    Holger30 wrote: »
    16 Books I needed

Books of Bladwook:

Edvilda's Log Book
    Foolish Wings
    Grenetta's Journal
    Letter from Inalieth
    Letter from Quistley Silvelle
    Merchant Lords' Compiled Documents
    Onimiril's Writings
    Save My Precious
    Your Assistance Is Appreciated

Daedric Cults:

Havocrel: Strangers from Oblivion

The Devoted and the Deranged:

Goldleaf Acquisitions, Manager's Notes
    Museum Guild Letter
    The Nomads of Nirn

An Invitation to Elsweyr

Edvilda's Log Book, Grenetta's Journal, Letter from Inalieth, Letter from Quistley Silvelle, and Onimiril's Writings are all from the associated companion quests.

Save My Precious and Your Assistance is Appreciated is from the end of the Lost in the Wilds achievement and you can look online for a guide for it.

Merchant Lords' Compiled Documents is in the chapel of Zenthiar Abbey after you finish that quest on the side.

Havocrel: Strangers from Oblivion is on a table right before Bahsei in Rockgrove.

I'm missing a few books if anyone can help, some overlap with yours.
    Books of Blackwood
    Foolish Wings
    Prayer for a Shadowscale

The Devoted and the Deranged
    Museum Guild Letter
    Goldleaf Aquisitions
    Manager's Notes
    The Nomads of Nirn
    The Sonnet of Aetherius Art
    An Ode to the Disenfranchised

Pellitine Postings
    Unsent Letter

An Invitation to Elsweyr

Apparently the books in the Devoted and the Deranged were added to celebrate the Tamriel Together event but I still am unsure where they are in game. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Unsent Letter is on the table on the far right in the first room of the delve Forsaken Citadel in Southern Elsweyr. It existed before this update but was not properly in the lore library. Now it will add when you read it.

ETA: Prayer for a Shadowscale should be in Bloodrun Cave. I will try to update with a more specific location. I know that cave has got a lot of paths to search.
    Edited by virtus753 on June 10, 2021 11:44PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, they're all named after guilds spotlighted by ZOS during the Tamriel Together contest.

There are furnishing versions of those books whose tooltips all say "Awarded as part of the 2020 Tamriel Together Guild Contest." I'm not sure if the furnishings or readables are actually accessible yet, though. No locations are recorded for any of them in UESP's log viewer. They may not have been made available in game yet, like the Impresario's Catalogue entries (I suspect) and unreleased motifs, which get added to the lore library at the beginning of the update in which they will eventually be released.

I wonder if they will be able to be purchased as furnishings at vendors. Though it makes me wonder which vendor would sell them. The mystics who sell Mages Guild reprints don't currently have them, and I'm not aware of other bookselling vendors.
  • Anyammis
    Anyammis
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @virtus753, I was able to find all of those after this.

I'm still missing Foolish Wings, but it seems so are most people. I think the Impressario ones are probably going to appear at a later date to avoid spoiling this season's events.

It's good to see they are going to add them as books, but lorebooks put in houses have never given lorebook credit (to avoid power leveling mages guild on alts but it applies to all books). It seems one of the Tamriel Together books have been found. I have yet to personally confirm but I have been told that An Ode to the Disenfranchised is found north of Faregyl Keep Mine. This means we can assume that all of these books are scattered throughout Cyrodiil. I am fine with that as most of the Cyrodiil books are a long ride but easy enough to get but as my friend put it "I hope none of these are behind the gates". Those are the worst books to hunt.
    PC NA
    GM of Eyes of the Queen
  • Anyammis
    Anyammis
    ✭✭✭
    xj8scas3heq5.pngaqdwv4scn32e.png

Confirmation of Ode to the Disenfranchised. It's by the waterfall north of Faregyl Mine. I hope the other books are found now or during Midyear Mayhem's adventures so us book hunters can find them. This also makes me wonder if the verisons you can buy are somewhere in a Cyrodiil vendor after you find them in world?

EDIT: The Sonnet of Aetherial Art is by the luxury vendor in Coldharbour so these books are in world right now but where they are is still being discovered. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other books were still in Cyrodiil though
    Edited by Anyammis on June 11, 2021 10:52AM
    PC NA
    GM of Eyes of the Queen
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xj8scas3heq5.pngaqdwv4scn32e.png

Confirmation of Ode to the Disenfranchised. It's by the waterfall north of Faregyl Mine. I hope the other books are found now or during Midyear Mayhem's adventures so us book hunters can find them. This also makes me wonder if the verisons you can buy are somewhere in a Cyrodiil vendor after you find them in world?

EDIT: The Sonnet of Aetherial Art is by the luxury vendor in Coldharbour so these books are in world right now but where they are is still being discovered. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other books were still in Cyrodiil though

Thanks for these updates!

The locations seem to have something to do with the type of activities the guilds do.

The Disenfranchised is an EP PvP guild. Aetherius Art is a housing guild.

I’ll have a look at their spotlights for the contest to see what the others are.

ETA:

Goldleaf Acquisitions — roleplay/storytelling and treasure hunting (no stealing, though). Windhelm’s Outlaw Refuge is mentioned as the place they got started.

Dauntless Bananas — I had a feeling this had to do with AD, given the banana name, but the Dauntless threw me off (being so close to Undaunted). It’s AD PvP. They mention Glade, Arrius, and Fare specifically. They also plan to dress up to impress Sorcalin, but she’s behind the inner gate for AD. If they put a book there, they’d have to put it elsewhere too (past the gate or in a keep are where books like that tend to go for other alliances).

Museum — AD roleplaying guild. Per their lore, founded by an Imperial who died in Dwemer ruins in Morrowind. The beaches of Auridon are mentioned as a specific place where the guild members like to relax. They also mention a specific event having to do with chasing down a Khajiit.

Nomads of Nirn — I’m having trouble finding their spotlight page at the moment. They are listed as a runner-up for the contest, and the other runners-up have spotlights in ESO news. They have a video entry that I’ll watch when I can.
    Edited by virtus753 on June 11, 2021 6:22PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @virtus753, I was able to find all of those after this.

I'm still missing Foolish Wings, but it seems so are most people. I think the Impressario ones are probably going to appear at a later date to avoid spoiling this season's events.

Foolish Wings is about the Daedric crows. I did that quest in Blackwood but didn’t come across it. I’ll see if I can get back into that dungeon or have a look around outside.
  • mattieb_1981
    mattieb_1981
    Soul Shriven
    I'm down to a few books:

Books of Blackwood
    Edvilda's Log Book - Pretty sure this is a companion quest book
    Foolish Wings - Think I missed this during the quest... not sure where it'll spawn now?
    Letter from Quistley Silvelle - Pretty sure this is a companion quest book
    Onimiril's Writings - Pretty sure this is a companion quest book
    Salvitto's Invitation - Think I missed this during the quest... not sure where it'll spawn now?

Lore and Culture
    Reman II: The Limits of Ambition - Pretty sure it's in bookshelves in Murkmire?

Lore of Murkmire
    Development of the Hollow - it was meant to spawn in the Blight Bog Sump but nothing there

Rituals and Revelations
    Rite of the Scion - Do we know if this has been fixed yet?

Solitude Soliloquies
    Missing Miners - Still not spawning in Dusktown?

A Quest of Sand, Snow, and Blood - I assume part of next event
    An Invitation to Elsweyr - I assume part of next event

Any advice or help appreciated!!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm down to a few books:

Books of Blackwood
    Edvilda's Log Book - Pretty sure this is a companion quest book
    Foolish Wings - Think I missed this during the quest... not sure where it'll spawn now?
    Letter from Quistley Silvelle - Pretty sure this is a companion quest book
    Onimiril's Writings - Pretty sure this is a companion quest book
    Salvitto's Invitation - Think I missed this during the quest... not sure where it'll spawn now?

Lore and Culture
    Reman II: The Limits of Ambition - Pretty sure it's in bookshelves in Murkmire?

Lore of Murkmire
    Development of the Hollow - it was meant to spawn in the Blight Bog Sump but nothing there

Rituals and Revelations
    Rite of the Scion - Do we know if this has been fixed yet?

Solitude Soliloquies
    Missing Miners - Still not spawning in Dusktown?

A Quest of Sand, Snow, and Blood - I assume part of next event
    An Invitation to Elsweyr - I assume part of next event

Any advice or help appreciated!!

The ones you marked as companion lorebooks are indeed that. Edvilda’s and Onimiril’s books are related to Mirri’s quests, and Quistley’s is related to Bastian’s.

Foolish Wings was not a quest item, as far as I’m aware. I tried to be very careful in looking for lorebooks during quests, and this never appeared for me, even as a stealth add to inventory during the quest. I went back and searched in and around Arpenia again but still couldn’t locate it.

The Impresario’s Catalogue entries I haven’t found anywhere yet. Best guess is the same as yours — related to an upcoming event. I’m just hoping they’ll be accessible outside of the event and don’t disappear with it.

I can confirm Reman II is in Murkmire. A couple good places to check for books there are: 1) at the end of the short tunnel north of the miregaunt world boss in Echoing Hollow, where the WB quests often send you to collect things; and 2) a small covered structure just east of the center of the map that contains a set of six shelves, five of which are readable (approach from the side of the shelf for the fifth activator). There are also quite a few single shelves scattered throughout the buildings in Lilmoth and Dead-Water Village, but the sites above have the greatest number in one single location, as far as I’m aware.

ETA: Since you didn’t list them as missing, do you have the Tamriel Together guild books under Devoted & Deranged? If so, where did you find the ones for Dauntless Bananas, Nomads of Nirn, Museum, and Goldleaf Acquisitions?
    Edited by virtus753 on June 13, 2021 9:21PM
  • Anyammis
    Anyammis
    ✭✭✭
    Still no luck on my end from the guild books missing. I can say I went to Windhelm's Outlaw Refuge and found nothing there. I think the hints will be in those but more vague. It may be in a different outlaw refuge for that one? Others I haven't had time to puzzle out.

Today's patch update talked about books falling through the floor in Blackwood. Perhaps this is how nobody found Foolish Wings yet? I did a quick skim of the public dungeon but didn't seem to find it. Another friend is gonna try her luck later. Still, it might mean we need to backtrack and look for this. The other possibility is it's a bookshelf rng book but it seems too specific for that.

Also thank goodness for an ETA on fixing the lorebook motif bug. I am one of the many afflicted by that right now.
    PC NA
    GM of Eyes of the Queen