The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another new annoying thing I've noticed is that if you're solo or in a group and someone summons a banker or merchant, it'll despawn your non combat pets.
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just remembered the latest bug: when digging up an antiquity, a random alchemy ingredient pops up to show what research you've done on it.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »
    And still no update from ZOS on a fix. And to think they were so concerned last year with improving communication. Why am I not surprised nothing improved.

Yeah see I mean you do a little looking and thinking about the amount of interaction that they have and start thinking about what an easy gig it must be (I mean just ping pong emails internally and surf) and you get to the point where you can’t in good conscience buy that pack of crowns, or tell your friends or wife to play the game, etc - because it is just flat out the principle of it.

And I really want to be able to in good conscience advocate for the game. But how can you when the team is led like this.

[snip]

[Edit for Bashing.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on April 22, 2021 6:10PM
    Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lixiviant wrote: »
    Any progress on being able to post anything at the Guild Trader? Damn frustrating.

The cursor is technically moving, just not visually updating. So it is possible to work around the broken part by switching with L1 and then R1 to 'see' where you are in your list.

Very far from ideal, but will still let you sell your items.

Thank you for that information!
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    Options
  • Mefromnorway
    Mefromnorway
    ✭✭✭
    Understand why many people stopped play this game almost evry update its some new error and bug. And support looks like they dont care. Still sell merchant in marked shop and its bugged almost a scam. If people stop subscribe to this «beta game» and dont buy anything i should think devs start take people play this game serious.
    Have fun and dont be rude. Im Norwegian so im sorry for my spelling, but hope u understand.

Grand Master Crafter.
    5 chars full 9 traiter.
    3 chars Flawless
    2 chars Stormproof.

Total 13 chars, evryone got full gold armor both roles.

PS5 Europe.
    Options
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want to love this game but they make it so hard
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
    Options
  • Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have to shake my head, man. Seriously.
    Esse quam videri.
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m not going to be playing much til they fix this..
    Options
  • Aektann
    Aektann
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ bye. [snip] Nothing will change.

[Edited to remove Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on April 23, 2021 12:38PM
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, is there an official response? I haven’t seen any official word on this issue yet let alone an ETA for a fix. Is it too much to ask for better communication?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • danieldewoeste
    It sad we lose another 20m trough bug.
    And they dont care we lose so much gold again
    Happy we got enough left but its bad they should make a action house or compensate the gm
    Options
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    I mean, is there an official response? I haven’t seen any official word on this issue yet let alone an ETA for a fix. Is it too much to ask for better communication?

So when's the next incremental update to fix this, anybody?

Still no response from the bug fixers?
    Thanks.
    PS4/PS5/EU
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is a post on page 1 of this thread to say thanks for posting and it is being looked into, nothing I have seen for an ETA for fixing
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Adrikoth Day 3 without any feedback, update, acknowledgement, communication, ETA on a patch to address the issue. Hello? Anything?
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

There is a post on page 1 of this thread to say thanks for posting and it is being looked into, nothing I have seen for an ETA for fixing

I know that post, but that’s days ago and it’s just thanks for notifying us. I’d like to have an official word from Gina or Jessica about this, but right now it seems like ZOS hasn’t even acknowledged this bug yet officially.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I stated bfore, I THINK they will go to patch it on 3 May, because of verification... you will hear it on Monday from Gina....
    ...as always....Question is : WILL there be a Patch on the 3rd of May ?
    ....or do they let things go, ´till Blackwood release ?

As I remember, there are no plans for an incremental Patch from now on, till Blackwood release....

Aunt Edith says: Sure, you can draw the "Emergency Patch" Card....but do THEY consider it as a NEED for an emergency Patch ???
    Edited by Mahabahabtha on April 23, 2021 2:58PM
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
    Options
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel like we're constantly being kept in the dark here. Every time I get one of these game breaking issues now I'm reporting it to Sony. I feel like they might actually take some action and get the game in a playable state.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Rikkadir wrote: »
    Can't sell stuff to guild/merchant.
    Can't scroll
    Game's gone unplayable after patch, do they not play test before releasing?

ESO is a pretty big game and a comprehensive test using manual and automated testing would take hours. I have always been under the impression that they focus testing on what has changed. That explains the pile of regressions that we always see.

Regression testing is a MUST in something like this, even for "small" changes. That can be annoying when you can't fix a typo, but it is necessary. (I know, it bothered me when a past company I worked for switched to this for their website. A small change to fix a typo could not get in unless massive testing of that area was already planned.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Things like this are why I made a thread a long time back asking about the long-term direction for the game.

It got (incorrectly) moved to the Bug forum which was not the point!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all cant expect ZoS employess or ZoS workers to drop their wife or their husband or their kids and stay at ZoS HQ for non stop. ESO servers are running 24 hours seven days a week. They cant just stand guard in watching over the server to a point of having to shut down the server every single time of day or whenever their server gets these issues. I bet they are running simulation tests to see if they are able to produce the cause of issue in order to find a better coding to counter against the caused issues. it takes time and work. It cant happen over night.

If they actually tested their patches instead of launching them broken this wouldn’t be a problem

This has been a consistent problem for years, maybe instead of working from home ZOS needs to go into the office
    Edited by AuraStorm43 on April 23, 2021 5:37PM
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feel like we're constantly being kept in the dark here. Every time I get one of these game breaking issues now I'm reporting it to Sony. I feel like they might actually take some action and get the game in a playable state.

ZOSoft may as well get rid of the forums and allocate resources to employees that can keep up with testing, bug fixing, updates, & content releases.

Keep a pts forum for those players testing, "customer support", and news/patch notes on official site.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on April 27, 2021 9:48PM
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IJ9v.gif

stuck in combat
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this lack of empathy/ accountability/ ownership/ communication endemic to the gaming industry or just zos ? Honestly curious as I can’t for the life of me think of any other business in a different vertical that would act like this and still be in business/ retain the same personnel.
    For example, where I work, it’s constantly reinforced that the client is king and that communication/ high level of service is everything.
    Thx
    Edited by Hawco10 on April 23, 2021 10:59PM
    Options
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another new annoying thing I've noticed is that if you're solo or in a group and someone summons a banker or merchant, it'll despawn your non combat pets.

That has been happening for a long time. I first noticed it several months ago - so it's not something that's been broken by the latest patch.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hawco10 wrote: »
    Is this lack of empathy/ accountability/ ownership/ communication endemic to the gaming industry or just zos ? Honestly curious as I can’t for the life of me think of any other business in a different vertical that would act like this and still be in business/ retain the same personnel.
    For example, where I work, it’s constantly reinforced that the client is king and that communication/ high level of service is everything.
    Thx

My experience with MMOs has shown this to be true. Not good support or any really good feedback mechanism.

I am just on the edge of finding a new MMO to play myself. Too bad WoW tanked itself (in my view at least).
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    croakie wrote: »
    Any other company that had this many problems every time they updated their product would be out of business.

Is Microsoft aware that ZOS can't seem to update/maintain their game without major breaks every.last.time?

Does management not hold their programmers/developers/testers accountable for their work?

Honestly I feel bad for the devs. From what I heard the game was in development before skyrim. So its basically using obvlions game engine or one they made around that time.
    Options
  • Lichtritter
    Lichtritter
    ✭✭
    Dear all, are there any news as to when this is being fixed, perhaps next weeks maintenance? It has been 4 days now and our inventory + bank + crates are blowing up.
    Edited by Lichtritter on April 24, 2021 9:00AM
    Plattform PS5 - EU Server - PVP und PVE Spieler - PSN ID: Lichtritter-
    YouTube Kanal: Lichtritter-
    Options
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They must really hate us console players. Every time we have horrid game breaking bugs we're stuck with them for ages with no info on if or when they'll be fixed. At least pc they tend to fix things in a moderate timeframe, console they just go "lol no" and ignore us.
    Edited by ApostateHobo on April 24, 2021 9:24AM
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Adrikoth Day 3 without any feedback, update, acknowledgement, communication, ETA on a patch to address the issue. Hello? Anything?

@ZOS_GinaBruno Day 4, this is ridiculous. Say something, say we have no idea, say we don’t care, say it’s a new feature “Mystery Sales 1.0, what did you sell, you don’t know”, my goodness tell us something.
    Edited by SGT_Wolfe101st on April 24, 2021 12:13PM
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s getting a little silly now, at least let us know you’re aware and have a patch awaiting approval please?
    Options