The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 Extremely Frustrating Bugs After Today's Patch

• MYWARCHILD887
    MYWARCHILD887
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't we get a big red banner across the top of the page!? Something? Anything? Any kind of update would be nice. And please stop using the word "investigating", might as well have said "wrote a memo"
    PS4 NA - GM Psijic Supreme Order
  • Yellow_Monolith
    Yellow_Monolith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like one bad update after another for PS4. Can we get some quality assurance? I mean if Zos won't test these patches, make a pts for console so players can report these problems before they go live and we have to deal with them for 3 months.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No scrolling for you.. So no sales for me. Good times.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is such a joke. game keeps running worse and worse. Wish they would just give us account transfers so I can go to pc where theres atleast mods and stuff.

I know that wont help but much console is so terrible and always broke.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This inventory bug really is awful. First the lags while using the inventory and now we can’t even use it anymore, what’s next, items in your inventory get deleted randomly?

Xbox EU
    Edited by Seraphayel on April 21, 2021 6:53PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • cougarisbae
    cougarisbae
    ✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    This is such a joke. game keeps running worse and worse. Wish they would just give us account transfers so I can go to pc where theres atleast mods and stuff.

I know that wont help but much console is so terrible and always broke.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

No kidding.....
  • Eccentric_Vampire
    Eccentric_Vampire
    ✭✭✭
    I've run into a few of these bugs on Xbox as well.
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    Since us console players have time to spare that won't be spent playing ESO, I propose putting the time to good use.
    The urban dictionary definition of ZoS'd hasn't been updated since 2018.
    https://urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ZOSd

I'd say that ZoS's recent performance warrants giving it an update.

You guys adding a few hundred new definitions should provide a chuckle and help spread the term in general use.
    Edited by Evil_Rurouni on April 21, 2021 7:21PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »
    Serious question ZOS. Does anyone there actually TEST patches before they’re released? How does every patch you intend to fix something end up breaking it even more?

I'm guessing they do, but internal tests on internal servers don't always reflect what happens in the larger, live service environment. What would help is a console PTS, which we may get now that Microsoft owns ZoS. They already do that for some of their in-house studios via the Xbox Insider program.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So no traders and no using my craft bag.... see you all in a couple of weeks I guess.
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    cant sell trash to merchant without having to come out of the screen and go back in cant scroll in craft bag either
    XBOX EU
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, hey, the bank lag is fixed : )
    Edited by carlos424 on April 21, 2021 8:18PM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    But, hey, the bank lag is fixed : )

😅😅😅
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always said that ZoS doesn't play their own game, but it really is laughable at this point. It's so bad.

Please go buy a console and test things before going live. Don't simulate it on a pc. Don't look at spreadsheets. Have someone physically play it on a console and test everything.

Use the multiple millions of dollars that come from subscribers/housing/crates to hire people that can test and fix the product that you offer.
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to take the servers down for a week or however long it takes to fix these issues. Do what needs to be done before chapter releases. Ppl will whine but most do that anyway.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice to see PS gear swap freeze/delay is fixed 👍ZOS
  • cougarisbae
    cougarisbae
    ✭✭
    XxCaLxX wrote: »
    Time to take the servers down for a week or however long it takes to fix these issues. Do what needs to be done before chapter releases. Ppl will whine but most do that anyway.

TBH, I am 100% ok with this, hell 2 weeks!
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly. ZOS you make it VERY difficult to give you the benefit of the doubt when you break something every single time there is an update. Hire some QA testers ffs.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously we need console test servers since zos doesn't seem to do any testing themselves. Every single patch this year has been royally messed, it's getting extremely frustrating.
  • DarkLordLegion
    You all cant expect ZoS employess or ZoS workers to drop their wife or their husband or their kids and stay at ZoS HQ for non stop. ESO servers are running 24 hours seven days a week. They cant just stand guard in watching over the server to a point of having to shut down the server every single time of day or whenever their server gets these issues. I bet they are running simulation tests to see if they are able to produce the cause of issue in order to find a better coding to counter against the caused issues. it takes time and work. It cant happen over night.
    Roles are nothing but positions. It's the builds that gets you through the battles. I am a Scavanger. I am a Hunter. I am a Warrior. Battle Across Tameriel shall fall.

• B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all cant expect ZoS employess or ZoS workers to drop their wife or their husband or their kids and stay at ZoS HQ for non stop. ESO servers are running 24 hours seven days a week. They cant just stand guard in watching over the server to a point of having to shut down the server every single time of day or whenever their server gets these issues. I bet they are running simulation tests to see if they are able to produce the cause of issue in order to find a better coding to counter against the caused issues. it takes time and work. It cant happen over night.

I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if this was a one-off type of issue.

But this is three updates/maintenance in a row with serious issues now on Console. That's no bueno.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

I'm guessing they do, but internal tests on internal servers don't always reflect what happens in the larger, live service environment. What would help is a console PTS, which we may get now that Microsoft owns ZoS. They already do that for some of their in-house studios via the Xbox Insider program.

As frustrated as I am with more bugs being introduced, this is correct. What works on PTS or an internal server environment sometimes doesn’t work on live servers. I highly doubt there will be a “console” version of the PTS. They’ll just run into the issue of everyone playing PTS as if it’s live. Something that actually was happening in another MMO.

I’m confident that the team is actually looking into the new bugs but I’m concerned that it would be another week or two before we get the fix live.
    Edited by Avoranti on April 21, 2021 11:02PM
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to the person asking if they play their own game, or play on console, yes to both. However that translates into bug fixes I can’t say though.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    And to the person asking if they play their own game, or play on console, yes to both. However that translates into bug fixes I can’t say though.

Several of the lead devs play, and I know that Lambert, Creative Director, plays a lot. However, these people are not QA testers. I would imagine that they can report the bugs, and then they suffer through the same bugs we do, and for as long as we do.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    croakie wrote: »
    Any other company that had this many problems every time they updated their product would be out of business.

Is Microsoft aware that ZOS can't seem to update/maintain their game without major breaks every.last.time?

Does management not hold their programmers/developers/testers accountable for their work?

As someone in the industry, I believe it's a management problem. There's either a lack of tools, training, and proper code management. They're probably being rushed, the engine itself doesn't allow for scope-control or deliverables, and testing isn't prioritized. I don't think blaming anyone else other than the technical managers and above is appropriate here. And really it's not about blame, it's being better. Hopefully Microsoft can exert more control as their relationship with ZOS matures, providing the appropriate leadership and skill to improve ESO's releases.
    Avoranti wrote: »

I would hope that there's some sort of change request/bug submission process they can champion and escalate internally, like many other software companies.

And yes they play their game, on PC. PS4 has largely been better for me personally - last year withstanding - than Xbox was. The last couple patches have just been riddled with issues, so I wonder what's going on internally that each patch is just introducing more issues.

@ZOS_MattFiror You guys need to address your DevOps man. Deployments shouldn't be this troublesome each release.
  • Jykel
    Jykel
    ✭✭
    visibleInventory.getList().setSelected(true);
    visibleInventory.getList().setRenderOnScroll(true);
    visibleInventory.getList().setRenderOnChange(true);

Please!
  • Alpharos7
    Alpharos7
    ✭✭✭
    The upcoming next gen launch is starting to scare me with all these bugs occurring. They need to get these issues sorted out before they launch and as soon as possible. The craft bag bug is most annoying.
    PS5 EU (UK) 668CP - Avid Roleplayer and Elder Scrolls fan!

Kurog Gularz - Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
    Ancano Galerion - High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Manabi Zenammu - Dark Elf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Warlock Necros - High Elf Vampire - Magicka Nightblade
    Rajirr Nightclaw - Khajit - Stamina Nightblade
    Drifa Deathweaver - Nord - Stamina Necromancer
    Aurodil - High Elf - Magicka Templar
    Mother Daenia - Breton - Stamina Warden
    Souless-Robot - Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    Ursine Wildheart - Nord - Stamina Warden
    He'lea Asakale - Imperial - Stamina Templar
    Necrosa Corpse-Caller - High Elf - Magicka Necromancer
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I'm not letting this go. Last year's updates were bad. We were promised better this year. Not even close. Im pretty sure even on a PTS this would have been seen. These aren't some strange bugs that require large amounts of time and specific actions to reproduce. This is base game normal usage things. There is no way anyone tested this. And if they did they should be fired on the spot. Going on 2 years of broken patch after broken patch. It was never this bad. Sure some weird bugs and occasional issues. This game has been broken for 2 years straight, even though minor issues, still not one month of bug free play. Guild trader issues, inventory, traveling is always a gamble, activity finder, etc. We deserve better.
  • MoreTune
    MoreTune
    ✭✭✭✭
    My game still crashes after allocating champion points on PS5...

Agree that the merchant bug and crafting bag bug need to be fixed soon..
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They literally do not test for consoles.
    Proof is what happened with the extended maintenance just recently. "When we tested it we found it unplayable," they said. This means they had not tested it until after it was installed on the servers.

How a company does not have a small dedicated server for testing just BLOWS MY MIND.

This bug with the lists not updating is just further proof, because playing the game for 2 seconds would have revealed this.