Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 30 - Feedback Thread for Classes & Abilities

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for current class balance and abilities. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance.
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 20, 2021 3:53PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerf to Dark Cloak makes 0 sense, instead of buffing MagNBs which are terrible in PvP, you go and nerf a heal that only heals for 600-700 ticks in PvP on a DD. Good job!

Overall class balance is terrible, PvP is pretty much pay2win and nothing has changed. I dont know what else to say besides listen to your playerbase and play your own game.
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add to PvE:

PvE class balance isnt much better, most endgame groups straight up run with 8 necro DDs all magicka because stamina hasnt been viable since craglorn trials...
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Request to change Drain Power of Nightblade.

[My request]
    Change Drain Power's Major Brutality and Major Sorcery to Siphoning Strikes.
    Change Minor Cowardice of Power Extraction to Drain Power.
    Adds an effect to Power Extraction that "the more enemies hit, the more damage Power Extraction do".
    (It's like the Titanic Cleave of the Master Weapon set for two-handed skill)

The summary is as follows.

Drain Power
    AoE damage + Minor Cowardice

Power Extraction (Stamina Morph)
    AoE damage + Minor Cowardice + "the more enemies hit, the more damage Power Extraction do"

Sap Essence (Magicka Morph)
    AoE damage + Minor Cowardice + "Same heal effect as before"

Siphoning Strikes
    Major Brutality and Major Sorcery + "Same effect as before"
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add to PvE:

PvE class balance isnt much better, most endgame groups straight up run with 8 necro DDs all magicka because stamina hasnt been viable since craglorn trials...

Worse now, a stam in an all or mostly-mag group struggles to support themselves penetration-wise. I'm running lover with a cringey crit rate just to hit pen cap because it's not worthwhile supporting a stam when 6 out of 8 dps don'tneed alkosh.
    Why not find a stam group? Finding one WOULD be the problrm there; mag just works so much better, the real question is why run stam at all?

We're losing more pen with this patch. It's getting harder to make up. Bad changes. :( Stam needs some more work put into it, PvE wise.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tested anything yet but this is my initial concern;

I've been waiting about 2 years maybe? for the continuation of proper class adjustments. Templar got a few changes that seem positive for the way I play, as a PvE Stamina/Health Tank, but now my Nightblade Tank gives me a depressing aura when I'm playing it. It just gets progressively worse in comparison, and although I made my Templar specifically because I thought it was a poor combination it now feels much more fun to play now. Is there ever going to be any more positive adjustments for "Off-Meta" PvE Tanks and Healers?

Also, I don't have access to all the content in the game. What I'm referring to are the tools and performance of the class itself, without heavy reliance on a certain non-class ability or sets to even begin to function in their role.
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on April 20, 2021 4:44PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The arctic blast / polar wind heal nerf was definitely needed. 20% seems like about right in pvp, but that is pretty impactful on pve tanking. Not sure what the answer is there.

However,

Why was the same not done to the werewolf heal, Hircine's Bounty and it's morphs?

Between that and the new Gaze of Sithis mythic, it's going to be werewolf city. More than before.

Gaze of Sithis mythic needs a reduction to the armor value.

Refer to values:
    Jolting Arms: 4620
    Orgnum's Scales: 6400
    Aetherial Ascension: 7377

Revisit Crimson Twilight's scaling or change the proc cooldown to 10 seconds. The current update change does not resolve the issue with the set. In fact, may make it work in regard to how it was being used.
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    On PTS with the Mages Guild skill "Meteor" or either morph set to only one hotbar, there is now an audio cue that plays every time that hotbar is swapped to. This is not what happens on the current live build; there is no audio cue activated when switching weapons and having said skill on only one hotbar. Not sure if this is intended or not, but it's a great way to get me to turn the sound effects way down.

UPDATE: Also occurring with the Necromancer skill "Frozen Colossus" & Morphs

UPDATE 2: Not doing it now :D If it happens again and I come up with steps for repro I will update this post again!
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on April 21, 2021 12:36PM
  • YungRich
    YungRich
    ✭✭
    I'll list my views on the first set of patch notes as they come to mind.

Malacath:
    No real problems with this aside from the fact that with crit modifiers and crit resistance, you could actually come out to hit for less than you would with a non-crit. Though this has not been tested and others have claimed that due to the mechanics it is not possible. Also the 16% damage still affects proc sets which has been everyone's issue and complaint all along.

Arctic Wind & Dark Cloak
    Both dramatic and not really needed. I'll start with dark cloak since that is the lesser of the two nerfs. This was crucial for portals in vcr and vss for dd's to stay alive. In PvP an insane amount of health was needed for it to be worthwhile and for a long time I have only seen a few high health no cloak builds used. Yes it gives minor protection but the heal is pitiful now and wasn't even that amazing in the first place.

As for arctic wind well I don't believe that should have been nerfed either and this is why. First in PvP, many will comment and say that the heal was too OP, too many high health wardens with easy access to a huge heal and could still put out damage. Many of these wardens were wearing Eternal Vigor with some other defensive or health set. The 1 piece health from EV has been deleted and malacath has been nerfed. Therefore they already are losing both survivability and damage. Much like dark cloak above you needed around 40k or more health for it to even be a decent heal, otherwise the tooltip on shrooms was higher honestly. If anything the free stun was always the most annoying part of the skill to me, not the heal. In PVE this is near devastating for warden tanks. In four man content where most run 3 dps and a tank, being able to self sustain is crucial. A 20 percent healing cut is huge.

Health Recovery cut in half via Battle Spirit
    This one I also don't agree with for mainly the reasons I mentioned above. In order for health recovery to be meaningful in any way it honestly had to be around 3.5-4k at least. To reach those numbers you really have to build specifically for it and sacrifice in other areas such as damage or sustain. These were niche builds at best. Fortitude already got cut to 30% and with both defiles on you, it makes having health recovery basically useless at any capacity.

Proc Sets
    Whew, well what to say about this. It's great you are finally starting to look at ways to address the issue of proc sets in PvP although it has been over a year many of us have been asking for it. But the way you've gone about trying to address it is all wrong. The issue with proc sets has never been about the scaling, or having to also have certain stats to make use of them. It's the sheer ease of access, the outright damage, healing, or tankiness they add along with the fact they work in combination with malacath. Even though malacath took a nerf, all proc sets will still continue to deal 16% more damage if the user is wearing one. That has always been the issue. Also it is extremely easy to reach most of these values you have set in order for a set to reach its maximum potential. Albeit magic users may have a tougher time to reach the 5k and some change spell damage it is certainly doable. If you wanted to fix the communities frustrations about proc sets, you should have looked at the simple solution. NERF THE PROC SETS THEMSELVES. Not the scaling, not this not that. The sets themselves are the problem. Just cut down the raw damage they provide, say malacath won't work on proc sets and call it a day. Also you want to talk about server load? How is this going to affect the server that now it has way more to calculate? In combat your stats are always fluctuating so now it has to run way more checks to calculate your values. Is the armor high enough, is the magicka high enough, is the stamina high enough, is the health high enough so on and so forth.

All in all this seems like losses across the board for both pvp and pve players. Most playstyles are going to take losses if this remains the way it does. Some classes and playstyles are even taking multiplicative losses due to how some skills, armor sets, and passives interact with each other.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please reduce the cost and/or increase the duration of living dark.

Anyone thats not a magicka templar simply cannot sustain this abilty, its simply too expensive.

Both for pve tanking and for pvp stamina dd etc.
  • p4l4mu7
    p4l4mu7
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for current class balance and abilities. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance.

I would love to hear the reason behind dark cloak nerf, it doesn't make sense at all no matter how you look at it. Dark cloak was a useless skill in pvp for years, you basically forced nbs going cloak. While warden, dk heals are op and templar is getting a broken heal skill you guys nerfed dark cloak which was already a dead skill.
    And this is not just about pvp, nb tanks were getting constant nerfs, removing 10% damage reduction you get with grim focus was already a huge hit and every patch there is a new nerf about nightblades survivability.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the nerfs don't feel well thought out. They feel heavy handed.

Necro could have been tuned without the crit nerf.

Wardens heal was problematic in PvP, but that's because they can stay stack, not the actual skill itself.

Dark Cloak was pointless.
  • Blackcosmic
    Blackcosmic
    Soul Shriven
    Dark Cloak needed a buff not a nerf... the patch notes must have been mistyped or something...
  • Sangwyne
    Sangwyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK is struggling. Please buff it. Didn't expect much from the patch notes, was still let down.

Currently Stam DK is the lowest DPS in trials, no sane individual would ever take a DK healer over any other class, and a friendly reminder that DK is now also the only class in the game without a heal scaling off max HP. There's literally no reason for GDB to be the only heal in the game that scales off missing health. Every tier list in the game recommends staying away from Stam DK because of atrocious self-healing and damage.

Our sustain is absolutely godawful and we have to use our ultimates off cooldown just to still have fewer resources than every other class. No execute, no purge, no delayed damage, no burst damage, no Stam spammable, and our most iconic skills are just vastly inferior version of DLC class abilities (Dragon Fire Scale vs Shimmering Shield).

Mobility sucks despite being the only class to be entirely melee; Templar at least can opt to use ranged abilities, where exactly are DK's? A "tank" class with no heal scaling off max HP, no Minor Protection, Major Protection, flat hp, %HP, Minor Resolve, or % damage reduction like Necro taking 15% less DOT damage and 10% total damage reduction from Spirit Mender.

Please bring DK up to date with the other classes. Not asking for much here.
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agLDwmZ.png
    What we actually wanted
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please consider the imbalance between Spell and Weapon damage, Magicka and Stamina requirements for Proc scaling.

Stacking Weapondamage is a lot easier than Spelldamage
    Stacking Magicka is easier than Stamina

You have effectively buffed proc sets on stam builds and nerfed them on magicka. Magicka builds are the ones crutching on these sets to keep up with stam builds in the first place.

Class imbalances need to be addressed DK and templar are just lacking compared to other classes.

Especially DK needs an execute or delayed burst ability of some sort. Or a passive that ramps up dots once enemies fall below a HP threshold.
    Change the "burst" heal to scale with max health instead of missing health, like all other classes enjoy.
    Fix sustain issues.
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's my damn stam dk buffs it's no fun trying to compete with the overtuned dlc classes that have a 100% more effective toolkit than my class does. If necro mender has a HoT then DK's hardened armor should have one too.
    Edited by Extinct_Solo_Player on April 20, 2021 10:54PM
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arctic Wind and morphs:

So been testing quite a bit and in both PvE Tank and PvP Magden testing (no procs because I am a Pure and innocent boy.) and man this change hurts a lot.

I was personally hoping for a nerf to Arctic Blast (Because of the sheer amount of healing it put out in PvP with a hard CC) but more in the lines of scaling off of Max Magicka/Spell Damage, removing the stun or just removing the damage altogether and keeping Polar Wind a strong HP based heal for you and nearby allies...

PvE wise its definitely a painful change in regards to Polar Wind, so far not tested in any trials but recovering from hard hitting bosses such as Arkasis or that weird secret hardmode boss in Black Drake that I forgot the name of hurts sustain a lot.

I am not sure if it is something to do with the fact that is a base 20% reduction on a heal that already scales off of health but I do hope that other Wardens feel that a different approach to nerfing the heal should have been taken.
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
  • Brederode
    Brederode
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    Winter’s Embrace
    Arctic Wind: Reduced the base heal of this ability and its morphs by 20% and the Heal over Time from this ability and its morphs by approximately 17%.

Not a fan of this change. Mainly because it basically seems like (yet another) knee-jerk reaction to people who wanted it nerfed purely because of its usage in PvP.

I personally don’t really enjoy the PvP in this game and play it rarely so this nerf is just another slap in the face for someone like me who prefers the PvE aspect of the game. Really wish you guys looked more at both sides of the game when making big changes like these.

Maybe at least reduce the cost of Arctic Wind should the nerf stay. Even better would be to take some steps in separate balance between PvP and PvE.
    Edited by Brederode on April 20, 2021 11:35PM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar changes are largely good. I am definitely looking forward to running Living Dark on my Templar tank in PvE now.

I do have some concerns about its secondary effect though. Now that Living Dark is a fairly reliable self-heal in PvP as well, the 60% slow on it might be a bit overkill. People are already going to hate you for having a heal that is as useful as Vigor is for stamina setups, I don't think it needs to slow for a full 60% on top, especially considering that Puncturing Strikes and morphs are already slowing by 40%.

Since PvE tanks could still use a debuff that helps the group deal more damage or sustain better to justify bringing a Templar tank to a trial and the theme of Living Dark - applying a negative effect to an attacker - fits that bill well, this might be a good opportunity to fix that. If Living Dark was lowered to 30%, same as Eclipse, Unstable Core could be given the 60% instead to stay relevant, while Living Dark would have new room in its budget left to apply some sort of debuff to attackers that would make it desireable for a group to have a Templar tank. Perhaps increased martial or magicka damage taken? Something that a healer doesn't already apply, because otherwise groups would just get a healer to do it instead of bringing a Templar tank.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on April 21, 2021 3:27AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, PLEASE reconsinder the change to Templar's Rune Focus.

"This ability and its morphs no longer grant you an additional 2974 Armor when standing in them, but instead heal you for 4.5% of your Max Health every 1 second when inside."

This is HUGE NERF for People wearing LIGHT ARMOR, especially HEALERS.
    Light Armor Healers REALLY DO NOT NEED MORE HEALING, they NEED PROTECTION.
    ZOS, please KEEP RUNE BONUSES USEFUL FOR ALL ROLES, not just TANKS.

Edited by BalticBlues on April 21, 2021 7:37AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brederode wrote: »
    Warden
    Winter’s Embrace
    Arctic Wind: Reduced the base heal of this ability and its morphs by 20% and the Heal over Time from this ability and its morphs by approximately 17%.

Not a fan of this change. Mainly because it basically seems like (yet another) knee-jerk reaction to people who wanted it nerfed purely because of its usage in PvP.

I personally don’t really enjoy the PvP in this game and play it rarely so this nerf is just another slap in the face for someone like me who prefers the PvE aspect of the game. Really wish you guys looked more at both sides of the game when making big changes like these.

Maybe at least reduce the cost of Arctic Wind should the nerf stay. Even better would be to take some steps in separate balance between PvP and PvE.

Yeah don't worry, they nerf things for pvp, Beacuse of pve just as much..
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arctic Wind and morphs:

So been testing quite a bit and in both PvE Tank and PvP Magden testing (no procs because I am a Pure and innocent boy.) and man this change hurts a lot.

I was personally hoping for a nerf to Arctic Blast (Because of the sheer amount of healing it put out in PvP with a hard CC) but more in the lines of scaling off of Max Magicka/Spell Damage, removing the stun or just removing the damage altogether and keeping Polar Wind a strong HP based heal for you and nearby allies...

PvE wise its definitely a painful change in regards to Polar Wind, so far not tested in any trials but recovering from hard hitting bosses such as Arkasis or that weird secret hardmode boss in Black Drake that I forgot the name of hurts sustain a lot.

I am not sure if it is something to do with the fact that is a base 20% reduction on a heal that already scales off of health but I do hope that other Wardens feel that a different approach to nerfing the heal should have been taken.

honestly, i think that arctic blast morph shouldn't have ever healed. for DPS, the healing power should be balanced back into green balance we don't need 6 magicka based healing skills. living trellis could have it's burst healing buffed by 55%.

blast needed to be an offensive stun and damage skill. the aoe 3-tick stun component is just awful offensively. the stun should be able to travel to the enemy. not linger in a radius around us.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just going to add this here

Never see any guide build that uses the inhale skill or it’s morphs. Only seen it used once in a PVP tank player and once by someone trying to use it as a dps skill in the last year and probably longer then that if being honest.

Can it be changed into a better delayed burst type skill like the new classes have. MagDK and StamDK are near the bottom of almost every tier list of late.

Current tool tips as from https://eso-skillbook.com/

Dragonknight

Deep Breath
    Cast Time: Instant
    Target: Area
    Range: Radius: 8 meters
    Cost: 4050 Magicka
    Skill description
    Channel draconic energy to suck in the air around you, dealing 870 Magic Damage to nearby enemies and healing you for 100% of the damage caused. Any enemy hit that is casting is interrupted, set Off Balance, and stunned for 2 seconds. After 2.5 seconds, you exhale fire, dealing 2249 Flame Damage to nearby enemies.
    New effect
    Initial hit interrupts enemies that are casting. Final explosion damage increased.
    Total damage 3119 Damage vs. cost output 3119/4050 = 0.77 damage for every 1 point of magic spent

Draw Essence
    Range: Radius: 8 meters
    Cost: 4050 Magicka
    Skill description
    Channel draconic energy to suck in the air around you, dealing 870 Magic Damage to nearby enemies and healing you for 150% of the damage caused. After 2.5 seconds, you exhale fire, dealing 1742 Flame Damage to nearby enemies and restoring 10% of the ability's cost for each enemy hit as Magicka.
    New effect
    Initial hit heals for more. Final explosion refunds Magicka for each enemy struck.
    Total damage 2624 Cost vs. damage output 2624/4050 = 0.647damage for every 1 point of magic spent

For reference here are the tool tips on the 2 new classes delayed burst damage skills

Necromancer

Blighted Blastbones
    Target: Enemy
    Range: Maximum range: 28 meters, Radius: 6 meters
    Cost: 2295 Stamina
    Skill description
    Summon a decaying skeleton from the ground after 2.5 seconds. The skeleton runs after the target and explodes when it gets close to them, dealing 4737 Disease Damage to all enemies nearby and applying Major Defile to them for 4 seconds, reducing their healing received and Health Recovery by 16% Creates a corpse on death.
    New effect
    Converts into a Stamina ability and deals Disease Damage. Reduces healing received on enemies hit.
    Damage vs. cost output 4737/2295 = 2.064 damage for every 1 point of stamina spent

Stalking Blastbones
    Target: Enemy
    Range: Maximum range: 28 meters, Radius: 6 meters
    Cost: 2700 Magicka
    Skill description
    Summon a flaming skeleton from the ground after 2.5 seconds. The skeleton runs after the target and explodes when it gets close to them, dealing 3600 Flame Damage to all enemies nearby. Every second the skeleton spends chasing its target increases the damage of the explosion by 10%, up to a maximum of 50% more damage. Creates a corpse on death.
    New effect
    The skeleton deals more damage the longer it chases the target.
    Damage vs. cost output 3600/2700 = 1.333 damage for every 1 point of magic spent

Warden

Subterranean Assault
    Range: Radius: 20 meters
    Cost: 2066 Stamina
    Skill description
    Stir a group of shalk that attack after 3 seconds, dealing 4264 Poison Damage to enemies in front of you. After the shalk complete their attack, they burrow again for 3 seconds and then resurface again, dealing 4264 Poison Damage to enemies in front of you.
    New effect
    Converts to a Stamina ability and deals Poison Damage. The shalk burrow after attacking, and attack again after a delay.
    Damage vs. cost output 4264/2066 = 2.063 damage for every 1 point of stamina spent, don't forget if fires a second time free. 4264x2/2066 = 4.125 damage for every 1 point of stamina spent

Deep Fissure
    Range: Radius: 20 meters
    Cost: 2430 Magicka
    Skill description
    Stir a group of shalk that attack after 3 seconds, dealing 3240 Magic Damage to enemies in front of you. Enemies damaged are afflicted with Major Breach, reducing their Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5948 for 6 seconds.
    New effect
    Applies Major Breach to enemies hit, reducing their Physical and Spell Resistance.
    Damage vs. cost output 3240/2430 = 1.333 damage for every 1 point of magic spent

First the cost is over the top to damage ratio when compared to the other 2 classes. Makes one wonder if when skills where standardized that DK's inhale was overlooked somehow. My proposal,

1. Get rid of the target requirement and upfront small damage and make it all burst damage at the end.
    2. Change one morph to stamina and one magic based.
    Stamina based can be either poison to fit the poison theme or physical damage and the Magic can be only fire damage to fit the fire theme of DK’s.
    3. The secondary effects would need to be changed also but I will leave that up to you and the community to think on.

Stay safe and enjoy the journey 😊

PS. ZOS you didn’t fix the micromanagement of the green tree 🥺
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rune focus and morphs: only tested restoring so far which is the stronger of the two, but I have to say, I don't like having to stand in the rune..
    I understand that this is a cheap skill and it already restores resources etc, but the extra should persist for 2-3 seconds after leaving the rune for it to be relevant.
    It's just not feasible to stay inside in any realistic pvp scenario.

Living dark: I already mentioned this, but sustaining this skill on a pve tank is basically impossible without spell symmetry, which kinda defeats the purpose.
    Either reduce the cost, or increase the duration slightly.
    The change to shards restoring equal resources is welcome, but I think I'll still run healing orb on my healer Templar, it's mobile, and it heals, unlike shards.

What's not in these notes:

Backlash needs something to be viable, after the latest nerf it's not even worth slotting in pvp, and Power of the light lost its unique debuff now that minor breach has so many more sources.
    Please reduce the duration of Backlash to 3-4 seconds, and give potl a different secondary effect, like: Allies attacking a target with Potl on gain a small amount of wpd/spd, like let's say 200 for 6 seconds.

Healing ritual:
    Please just make this skill into a yellow vigor like aoe hot, with hasty prayer giving minor expedition being the Stamina morph.

Jabs: this skill gets complained about a lot, here's what I would do,
    Reduce the dmg dealt to the closest slightly, but make it so that it's not affected by aoe reduction effects.
    This way it would do similar damage to people whether they use such effects or not, which is IMHO fair, considering only 1 target can receive this higher damage.

Burning light:
    This passive atm is really only relevant with jabs, which when combined with the offensive power of that skill, makes for a very boring offensive kit, especially for stamina templars, both pve and pvp.
    Consider making it a short, but hard hitting dot which procs off the first tick of any aedric spear skill, also allow it to be procced on multiple targets.
    That would allow the passive to be more useful than now.
    Or keep the direct dmg proc, but move it to the first tick and give it a longer CD, like 1 second.

Dark flare: after the cast time adjustment, the animation and the actual cast time of this skill are not in sync, it's actually harder to weave now, since you can't see when your character can start their next animation without interrupting this cast.
    You just blindly need to have very good timing to actually be able to weave this skill properly now.
    Please adjust.

Sun fire and morphs:
    Since the dot nerf patch a while back, this skill have been irrelevant both in Pve and pvp.
    Due to the split direct dmg and dot portions total power being counted towards the Standard, neither does any decent damage, and it makes scaling either part much worse than pure dot or pure direct dmg skills.
    On top the extra duration morph of vampires bane is useless, as the extended duration on a useless dot, is well, useless.
    Remove the initial damage and boost the dot to standards, make 1 morph stamina, to help stamplar rotations break away from mindless jabs spam.

That's it for now, thanks.

• robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to change of status chance CP, MagDK can barely sustain 21mil on a Breton. Had to go back with staves. Please at least reduce some of abilites costs, if you insist that DK should only tank.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Due to change of status chance CP, MagDK can barely sustain 21mil on a Breton. Had to go back with staves. Please at least reduce some of abilites costs, if you insist that DK should only tank.

they changed this cp? damn. it was very nice on magdk and magden.

edit: i don't see it.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on April 21, 2021 6:53AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like the tanking proc sets (Crimson and so on) HP scaling of the damage increase.

Why? Because all tanks like me who do runs with people from the LFG tool know what kind of a hassle it usually is, the scaling makes you be able to help out the not so optimal people through Veteran dungeons.

With the small extra damage your set(s) do on the side can be a big help on both survival.. and to the group damage. And yes, sometimes as a tank i do like 50% of the group damage. No, i am not exaggerating. There a lot of people queueing to Veteran dungeons that has the skill level of more like FG1 on Normal tier still.

So now that we are going to again have less mitigation as a tank from CP stages nerfs, i for one atleast hope we get some more damage from our sets to balance things out sort of.

I know many people will check a lot of these sets in a vacuum of certain scenarios only and go "this and that is OP and needs to be nerfed into the ground!" for the next weeks.

The scaling of the proc sets is innovative and gives a lot of build options again that i like to have.

Could cap the proc sets scaling on Battle Spirit to their current Live server values pretty much and it would make the certain problematic sets for PVP be ok in value (and no more crying about it) and yet leave the scaling and building for fun & efficient specializations with increased values over the current Live server values for PVE still there.

A lot of new Item Sets by the way on the new Chapter that i (and many i know like) and hope we get to actually use them without them being yeeted into the ground even before hitting Live.

Gaze of Sithis needs a bit of tuning down though, even i love it, but do not let me get used to it like having a perfect relationship and one day it leaving and breaking my heart in future. :p

And while i do enjoy the group cap to 12 on Imperial City for PVP reasons (too big zergs are not good for that place outside event populations), i think the old group cap of 24 is fine for actual overland PVE for them RP and guild event groups and so on. Community events are easier and better to handle with bigger groups at PVE land.

PS. the nerf to Dark Cloak seems out of place, could have actually buff it the same 5% instead.

All in all looks like a fun Update incoming with lots of new cool Items to go farm and cool stuff to do. With some minor adjustments next Update has the potential to be one of the most fun ones in a while IMHO, just cap the proc set scaling on Battle Spirit if that becomes the main concern for the forum warriors. :)

Have a great PTS cycle both testers and devs! <3
  • Bodycounter
    Bodycounter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there really no buffs to Dragonknights? I have been playing Dragonknight since release and its current state is just awful outside of PvE tanking. It has reached a point where DK is the worst Healer and one of the worst DPS class in the game, their class based passives/buffs/debuffs are negligible and their sustain is bad. Almost every passive of the Dragonknight needs to be looked at because they fall short in comparison to modern design like Necromancer.

• Stone Giant is still the worst spammable in the game with an awful design
    • Ash Cloud and its morphs are still too costly and weak
    • Dragon Blood has no stamina and/or maximum health morph
    • Reflective Scale and Inhale (and their morphs) need buffs! Both are expensive and weak
    • Lava Whip needs the Soul Trap treatment to be viable on Stamina and Magicka
    • Inferno needs Prophecy and Savagery baseline, should get Soul Trap treatment and tick more frequently

Edited by Bodycounter on April 21, 2021 9:34AM
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    honestly, i think that arctic blast morph shouldn't have ever healed. for DPS, the healing power should be balanced back into green balance we don't need 6 magicka based healing skills. living trellis could have it's burst healing buffed by 55%.

blast needed to be an offensive stun and damage skill. the aoe 3-tick stun component is just awful offensively. the stun should be able to travel to the enemy. not linger in a radius around us.

Actually I do agree here, I remember using trellis as my burst heal around 2019 but it seems underwhelming atm...
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Stone Giant is still the worst spammable in the game with an awful design

I don't think I agree here but only with this statement. I certainly don't think it's the best, far from it and it should recieve some help for sure, but I'd honestly say that Dive is worse. It's effects are genuinely punishing in our class's most comfortable range (melee) because we can't access them at all unless we go out of our way hit them from 7 meters or more distance away which is a lot harder than it sounds during the middle of combat. we don't have a disengaging tool, nor do we even need one. It's projectile speed is far too slow to make any kind of meaningful impact at all in PvP and therefore it's just a disjointed mess of a spammable.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on April 21, 2021 10:27AM