The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 30 - Feedback Thread for Classes & Abilities

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    @deathbytiki calm down. it purges 1 negative effect. you what how much damage you get for that GCD? nuttin. you know what i've never seen on my death recap? betty netch.

It doesn't have to do damage to be incredibly strong. Look at it this way, any ability that uses DoT usually has very little initial damage if anything... meaning the ability is primarily intended to "do its thing" over time. Every DoT I've seen costs stam/mag and requires a spot on a bar. Fundamentally, that ability being FREE and capable of being used as many times as you can hit it means you're not only negating any damage from the DoT but also gaining a substantial advantage in any fight based on how much you spam the FREE ability! Name any other ability that can give you that kind of over all advantage at no cost.

ALSO, consider champion point implications of this FREE ability too... like "Salve of Renewal: When you remove a negative effect from yourself or an ally, you heal them and allies within an 8 meter radius of them for 1280 Health per stage. 5 stages max, at 10 points per stage." Just by pressing that ONE FREE ability you can do all of the following:

1- Gain 20% increased weapon and spell damge
    2- Remove any negative effect on activation OR evey 5s
    2- Negate any damge based on mechanic identified as DoT
    3- Effectively drain opponent resources faster than ANY passive or active ability by comparison
    4- Gain stam or mag recovery
    5- AND you can get burst heals of almost 6k in an 8m radius from Champions points?!?!

I honestly don't know how this ability is FREE and I think it is wholly overpowered when compared to any other ability across the classes.

Disagree on so many levels.

1. Major Sorcery is completely useless if you’re in a group with a Dragonknight or using decent potions. Zero damage gain.
    2. A single effect purge does not negate a single target DoT. Those abilities apply more than one effect, so you will quickly fall behind as effects pile up trying to spam “free purge”
    3. This point is nonsense, Netch doesn’t affect the opponent’s resources. I assume you’re implying they waste resources applying the effects that you purge, but that interpretation is wrong.
    4. Yes it recovers some stamina or Magicka. That is the primary use of this skill. It’s underpowered and gives less stam/mag than any other class sustain ability.
    5. Nobody is going to use a precious blue slottable for a 3k heal while spamming Netch. Those 4 slots are the most important to any build. I could see it being strong in a large group on healer/purgebot so it’s something to keep an eye on. Saying Netch is OP because it synergizes with a niche CP is absurd.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK sustain is going to be a nightmare with this patch. I don't know how to drill this into Zeni's skulls any further. StamDK is going to be completely unplayable in PvE. It would be really nice if we could get some Developer comments regarding DKs. The class is being left in the dirt for no discernible reason.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57025

''To be clear, our goal is for every class to be viable, not necessarily optimal, in any role without heavily relying on non-class skill lines.''

So essentially their goal from the beginning was to just make classes technically viable, not fun or competitive or anything else. They did achieve their goal. StamDK now technically has a class heal and a spammable, no matter how non-competitive they may be. For the developer team, its very likely that casual/new player experience holds more importance than the core gameplay experience. So they want people to come in, have a good time, spend some money and leave. In order words it doesn't really matter what you and I say unless there are too many of us to ignore. They hold so much emphasis over casual player experience that countless times they have tried to balance PvP around proc sets because in theory they equalize skill levels.

I'm only telling you all of this because I feel like you are in where I was a few years ago when I was very passionate about this game in general. This whole feedback form is just a red herring for you to relieve your stress in a way.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on June 2, 2021 12:35AM