Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase—April 2021"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
oh5wdm5neegb.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Crown Store Showcase—April 2021"

You can become a Champion of Cyrodiil or invite a Dremora into your home with a host of new and returning items coming to the in-game Crown Store this April.
Staff Post
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG so much good stuff this month, not enough $$$ :lol:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spriggan polymorph + Warden

I know Spriggan has been asked for before, so how long until Nereid polymorph?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So good that it is possible to get Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins so soon after the announcement in stream / on PTS.
    I wonder whether there will be some new furnishings in Ayleid Furnishing Bundle or just those that already available (the new chandelier was available separately on PTS, so it will likely be on Live too).

Overall very good month.
    Edited by Olauron on March 29, 2021 4:56PM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice, and a lot of good returns. Love all of the Wild Hunt themed stuff in this one. These showcases have definitely been getting better and better lately.

Still a bit disappointed that there are no new (or old) hairstyles coming back, hope those are inbound sooner rather than later.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Big month, 😊
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭

You can become a Champion of Cyrodiil , with a host of new and returning items coming to the in-game Crown Store this April.

Sarah, i realize i'm sorta parsing words here but... imho, that's ^ a very misleading phrase. lol "become" a "champion" of Cyrodiil? Really? Just for spending rl money on shiney armor shell?

Here's the real definition of an 'Elder Scrolls' CHAMPION: https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Champion_of_Cyrodiil
    And here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Cyrodiil_Champion

Therefore, wouldn't such superb armor hold more value & integrity to it's Champion name if it were actually earned by, ohhh i dunno, winning something (a quest or campaign or whatever) within actual Cyrodiil PVP in-game ?

Or was this armor just re-released as a nice gesture because it's currently unobtainable anymore?

Because otherwise, perhaps it might be more appropriate to name the armor something like: 'Charger of Cyrodiil' or 'Cheater of Cyrodiil' or 'Crown-Storer of Cyrodiil' ? B)

so much good stuff this month, not enough $$$ :

Every month i see the new 'Crown Store' stock and i wonder the same thing: What would've happened if MMO's had denied the temptation of micro-transaction business model and instead incorporated most/more of these awesome shiney items into the GAME as either quest rewards or player-crafted schematics?

Would they have made more $$ money? Less money? The same amount but better in-game player incentive & economy?

Hypothetical, i know. :/

p.s. What's the awesome looking blue glowy CHEST item pictured in the middle? i don't see it mentioned in the article...
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow, the Ayleid ruin and so many Ayleid furnishings and the music box and some cool costumes too! :love:

I still want my Tel Galen and hairstyles, but you get a pass this month, ZOS, since there are so many other cool things returning/being released! 😜
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of costumes that I missed the first time around that I'll be thrilled to buy this month (at a slight discount for ESO Plus members, I presume :P ).

It's a shame that characters like Lyranth are crown store purchases. Unlocking them through gameplay is so rewarding--the Augur of the Obscure will always have a special place on my shelf because I unlocked it after going on an adventure with it. I've gone on adventures with Lyranth, sure, but getting her as a houseguest because I paid for her, regardless of what quests we have or have not been through together, just... I don't feel so compelled to add her to my household, you know?

[Edit] I will say that I may be more inclined to pick up Makes-Many-Soups, as she's a memorable side character who says funny things. That makes more sense as a purchase to me, since it's motivated by humor, not by any potential emotional connection I've made with the character.
    Edited by opaj on March 29, 2021 6:30PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    So good that it is possible to get Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins so soon after the announcement in stream / on PTS.
    I wonder whether there will be some new furnishings in Ayleid Furnishing Bundle or just those that already available (the new chandelier was available separately on PTS, so it will likely be on Live too).

Overall very good month.

The new Ayleid cage chandelier furnishing is already available separately in the housing Crown Store tab for a whopping 730 Crowns each.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm very interested to see if Wild Hunt crates will contain something new during this return.

It's always nice to see old items return :) Some of them I own, in others I'm not interested.

Not many new items, sadly :/ I wonder how The Sylvan Spriggan will sound... If it uses same voice as Spriggan mobs, I'm already not interested :D Hopefully somebody will post showcase video for it.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the polymorph isn’t a crown gem exclusive, fingers crossed 🥲
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    A lot of costumes that I missed the first time around that I'll be thrilled to buy this month (at a slight discount for ESO Plus members, I presume :P ).

It's a shame that characters like Lyranth are crown store purchases. Unlocking them through gameplay is so rewarding--the Augur of the Obscure will always have a special place on my shelf because I unlocked it after going on an adventure with it. I've gone on adventures with Lyranth, sure, but getting her as a houseguest because I paid for her, regardless of what quests we have or have not been through together, just... I don't feel so compelled to add her to my household, you know?

[Edit] I will say that I may be more inclined to pick up Makes-Many-Soups, as she's a memorable side character who says funny things. That makes more sense as a purchase to me, since it's motivated by humor, not by any potential emotional connection I've made with the character.

I find her to be an amusing choice given Veesk's experiences with her.

I erect the spines of happiness and contentment in your general direction, good patron! What a night we shared! And a day. And another night. But now, alas, we must go our separate ways. Makes must return to her post at the cook pot, and I have materials to collect. I am joyful and sorrowful at the same time.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Veesk-Olan
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NeeScrolls the blue glowy chest you refer to is the “Farewell to Nenalata” music box which will be available for a week or two in mid-April. :)
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker when will Storm Atronach crown crates make a limited time return?
    April-May seemed like the perfect storm, errr season.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NeeScrolls the blue glowy chest you refer to is the “Farewell to Nenalata” music box which will be available for a week or two in mid-April. :)

ahhh ok, THANKS so much !

Regardless of my philosophical objection to the whole micro-transaction business model (as opposed to a more game-driven mission-driven player-crafted-driven in-game reward) , now THAT is an item i'd spend 'Crown$' on B) ...assuming it can't be earned thru in-game quest or whatever?
    Edited by NeeScrolls on March 30, 2021 2:33AM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »

Overall very good month.

The new Ayleid cage chandelier furnishing is already available separately in the housing Crown Store tab for a whopping 730 Crowns each.

Thanks, I was not aware of it.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK the symphony of blades arms look insanely good.
    Props to the art team.
    Hope they look the same ingame.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some exceptionally nice things in April.

Please have a crown sale :#

And thanks for giving the Ayleid style some love. More Ayleid furnishings purlease !!
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    Should stop putting the Breton Hero outfit in the store until it's fixed/reworked.. it is highly disappointing: poorly textured, lacks detail, gives characters dad bods, and the cap is more of a dress than a flowing cap
  • SCPCSedona
    SCPCSedona
    Soul Shriven
    I just wanted to pass along that the hearing challenged in my guilds are frustrated by the lack of subtitles on the dialogue samples for the Houseguests in the Crown Store. They'd like to be able to sample the dialogue before purchasing and don't feel great about having to ask the rest of us to translate for them. Have to say that seems like a reasonable request to me.
  • Grebcol
    Grebcol
    ✭✭✭
    Again no new hair :/
    Former Mod Dev. of the Edain Mod for The Battle for Middle Earth 2
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grebcol wrote: »
    Again no new hair :/

Seeing as there are no events planned until Midyear Mayhem in June, it has me a little worried honestly. Hopefully May won't be a lacking month in terms of crown store items. I really want to see short mussed wave soon since the companion Bastian will have it, Veya's hair and a bring back of heroic poet. I really regret not getting heroic poet when it was available in 2017.