The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Separate PvP into a new game?

Wolfpaw
Wolfpaw
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The removal of PvP from TESO, & creating a separate game. A b2p or f2p (for TESO owners) PvP TESO break off.
A quick write-up to get the idea across, & not to be taken seriously "as if" this could happen.
@ZOS_BrianWheeler maybe wants a lol

TESO Era Wars (yes, I am bad at naming)

Alliance lobby maps (large)
  • Dueling arenas
  • GvG arenas
  • Training dummies
  • Siege practice areas
  • Mundus stones
  • Outfit station
  • Social - Guild/Teams
  • NPC's: dailies, bank, guild, potions/poisons, enchanter, armor sets, etc..
  • Wardrobe station

Gear
  • Armor sets, enchants, potions, and poisons purchased with Alliance points
  • No quality upgrading at all (balance)
  • Armor sets could be added and adjusted, catered, or not released with TESO PvE updates (balance)
  • Attributes, champion points, and skills updated & catered to PvP combat (balance).
  • Base game skill lines leveled through PvP
  • New Skill lines included with Conflict Pass

Queue System
  • Battlegrounds
  • New Cyrodiil
  • Imp sewers
Future seasonal PvP updates/maps presenting different eras of conflict.
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Wars

Monetization
Conflict Pass (see other PvP games)
New races (no lore restrictions)
Esport
Wardrobe motifs & skins
Mounts (combat?)
Classes
etc...

What happens to PvP in TESO PvE?
Cyrodiil & Imperial Sewers are now Vet PvE Zones, & Dueling/BG's removed.

Edited by Wolfpaw on January 23, 2021 8:43AM

Separate PvP into a new game? 123 votes

Separate PvP into a new game
15%
Gilvothvailjohn_ESONukeAllTheThingsWolfpawOlauronC0L0SSUSBananaFischblutMalmerRaideenWoppaBoemSpaceisdarkMcSabanOlumoGarbagUntilValhalla13LoneStar2911Inspiral808SlycloneRenegader 19 votes
TESO stays the same game
84%
AstroCatNskDenThrabenCyberOnEsoTheHugeDwarfTHEDKEXPERIENCELarsSErythorBloodsheildAektannstarlizard70ub17_ESODaemons_BaneKwoungTandorAlnilamEkargen27MayraelTequilaFireJeffrey530ParasaurolophusXarc 104 votes
  • Devil_Keyz
    Devil_Keyz
    ✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    No thank you
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    This could be done in game, just have balanced pvp gear with pvp attack and pvp support stats required to do damage, mitigate and heal in pvp. But ZoS will not do it so enjoy the mess.
    Edited by rpa on January 23, 2021 5:53AM
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    No thanks
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    rpa wrote: »
    This could be done in game, just have balanced pvp gear with pvp attack and pvp support stats required to do damage, mitigate and heal in pvp. But ZoS will not do it so enjoy the mess.

I like that the gear is basically the same except with the addition of impen. And I’m certainly glad my skills work the same (except for heals, but let’s not go there). There’s already plenty new to learn when venturing into PvP and I’d rather not have to relearn how to play my class.

I’m also not in favor of separating it into a different game because the great variety of activities and goals are one of the things I enjoy about ESO. I thought I hated Cyrodill but ventured in for a lead for a furnishing I HAD to have and found that maybe I should come around more and learn the ropes for a change of pace. Sometimes I have fun while this evening was way too laggy and the field seemed full of salty players with vendettas. So I was glad to retreat to my forest home after that and chill and do some landscaping! :sweat_smile:
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Edited by Banana on January 23, 2021 7:50AM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be the only way to perform some semblance of balance. Right now if one is not playing the "meta", they have little chance of succeeding. PVP is total cheese ATM and this is because of the gear sets tie to PVE.

In every MMO that has existed, the only way balance was ever achieved was by separating PVE and PVP. In the case of other popular MMORPG's this is done through specific gear sets geared towards PVP and PVP stats. So although PVE and PVP take place in the same game, they are fundamentally separated.

So although I voted "YES", I do think "NO" can work, but only if PVP and PVE are separated within ESO.

• Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For better performance & balance In this imaginary break.

Crossover non combat perks for playing both games.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    For better performance & balance In this imaginary break.

Crossover non combat perks for playing both games.

Absolutely. Performance for both PVE and PVP would be the real winner. I think its too late in the game for ZOS to make such a sweeping change, we can only hope they learn and apply this knowledge to their next MMORPG, if they ever chose to do one.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It might be the best way to balance both games. Eso pvp would come free with the base game, and you could make it kinda like the pts, with all gear, skills, etc open from the get go.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    If they had made two different games from the beginning - yes. Wouldn't have been a bad idea, in my personal opinion. But you couldn't just remove it and separate everything now, after several years. Everything would get even more chaotic - and I think there are many people who play both PvP and PvE?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like your suggestions :) Even though I really doubt that they would release such version...
    I would only play it if it was
    f2p (for TESO owners)
    , of course. And have an option to transfer all my AP from ESO (since it would become useless in this game) to that PvP version.

The only downside for me would be - I would almost stop playing ESO (just do some quests I still have left and there would be nothing else to do) :/ That would be really sad, cause it would mean all my beautiful mounts and costumes would go to waste since I couldn't show them while playing PvP. I very rarely do group content like dungeons and trials nowadays, so PvP is the main activity where I get social interactions in ESO. This could be solved by allowing to copy all owned cosmetics to that new PvP version.

Also, if that game would have something like Crown Store, there would be need to have gifting there (and/or ability to safely trade gold for crowns).

And Battlegrounds would need to have option to choose preferred match mode (yesterday I played ~30 random BGs, and got only 3 DMs) :| I'm very very tired of this.
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    I dont want to lose skillpoints from increasing pvp rank, motifs from completing pvp and such stuff, which would happen if pvp would be stand alone game.
    Also loosing golden vendor? No, no, no :p
    Edited by Scardan on January 23, 2021 10:26AM
    Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    I don't think that the idea is technically feasible given the state of the game.
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    all they have to do is stop nerfing skills around PvP and nerf skills for ONLY PvP and leave PvE alone
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The development arc has been so warped by trying to work around game engine and server issues, it's way too late for this.

But yeah, I'd have been on board in 2016.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    No, I enjoy both and do them with the same character, leave it alone.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    I don't PvP. Nor do I do much grouping. I'm primarily a PvE soloist. Yet I believe all three of those types of play are important. I know plenty of folks who enjoy all three.

That said, I do think PvP and PvE should be much more separate as far as how skills and gear work. I should think that battle spirit can be a bigger part of this as well as sets and possibly even skills that only work in one environment. PvP and PvE really are already effectively two games as far as builds and really should be balanced/managed separately.

ZoS has tried to balance them together for, what, 5+ years and we see how well that is working out. The sane person would look real hard at trying something different. I'd like to think, though, that they could still remain inside the same game.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on January 23, 2021 12:30PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [Quoted post was removed]

Nah, atleast wasn't meant to be.

Personally I would probably never step back into TESO PvE if this made-up scenario happened....& on a separate server.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on January 24, 2021 6:35PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    The game should stay the same, but with separately balanced skills and gear as between PvP and PvE.

Whether the forums should be separated as between PvP and PvE is another question altogether, and my answer to that question would be no, subject to greater separation by players and Mods alike as between the PvP and PvE sub-forums.
  • robertthebard
    robertthebard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    Nah, it would require splitting the dev team up, or bringing in another specifically for it, and I don't see it being worth the cost.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game

I enjoy both sides of the game, but they need to seriously do something for the lag in Cyrodiil because its getting less and less fun
    Beta tester November 2013
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    alternative
    make abiltites work differently in pve & pvp that way one could be balanced without shafting the other.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a PvP server. Make the alliance war mean something out with Cyrodill. Quests fraught with danger in every zone.

That's what I want. One can only hope.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    I just leveled up my PvP toon in Scrying so she can pick up the lancers since my main PvE toon is a different alliance.

Not sure how your PvP toons would level up or get monster sets if there were two games. There needs to be the ability to move from PvE to PvP at times and vice versa.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kapachia
    kapachia
    ✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    I don't see balance issue between PvE and PvP. I only see performance issue in PvE and PvP.

Ideally ZOS needs to update its underlying code to make it more robust and update its server hardware. Don't think that is going to happen.

So ZOS should modify or eliminate the mechanisms in its server and software cannot handle.
  • Thechuckage
    Thechuckage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    alternative
    make abiltites work differently in pve & pvp that way one could be balanced without shafting the other.

That is the (IMO) best solution. Dont see the separate servers due to cost/benefit.
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never happens, moot poll.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    No. Hell, no.

Would utterly ruin things, (way beyond what they are ‘ruined’ now)

Some of us just like to go in to Cyro and have a laugh, support the campaign but don’t have pvp op builds. It’s a social thing. This would mean it being far too serious, and a lot of people just would not bother to play.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    Weesacs wrote: »
    I want a PvP server. Make the alliance war mean something out with Cyrodill. Quests fraught with danger in every zone.

That's what I want. One can only hope.

There are nowhere near enough PvPers in total, let alone the proportion of them that would agree with you, to make that remotely viable - especially as it couldn't be one PvP server, it would have to be six. Even then the world is so large that the few PvPers interested would be spread so far and wide that they'd never bump into each other!
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TESO stays the same game
    Why on earth would they do this? Also realise the PVE content on this game isn’t strong enough to carry this game on its own.