The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help, Volume Two

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats the last IC book I need, but I haven't seen it yet. The IC books are random, and don't always reset at the 24h mark. Also, I found two bookshelves in the sewers just north of Molag Bal's room by the wraith boss.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • kmkastl
    kmkastl
    ✭✭
    I've seen Intro to Aedric Studies both in my sewer base and up top in IC bookshelves.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot find the book "The Scaled Elves".

It's not in the place where it was originally supposed to be, on the floor of a room in Sea Keep (yes, I followed a youtube run through Sea Keep to check).

It's not there even if you go back after finishing the quest - which you now can do.

So where is it?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    I cannot find the book "The Scaled Elves".

It's not in the place where it was originally supposed to be, on the floor of a room in Sea Keep (yes, I followed a youtube run through Sea Keep to check).

It's not there even if you go back after finishing the quest - which you now can do.

So where is it?

2vgx5ome5aiy.jpg
  • Kolominas
    Kolominas
    Heyhey :)

Anyone here know if *Folly of Man* (Summerset, Illumination Academy) can be aquired after finishing the quest there?

Also, doesn anyone know the exact location of *Boethiah's Call of Champions* inside the Dragonstar Arena - I looked up and down it a hundred times but cant seem to find it? (and yes I completed the Arena)
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolominas wrote: »
    Heyhey :)

Anyone here know if *Folly of Man* (Summerset, Illumination Academy) can be aquired after finishing the quest there?

Also, doesn anyone know the exact location of *Boethiah's Call of Champions* inside the Dragonstar Arena - I looked up and down it a hundred times but cant seem to find it? (and yes I completed the Arena)

Folly of man is locked behind a door, you can get to it post-quest by grouping with somebody who is on the quest themselves. (If you're on PC/NA, I have a character at that point that could help you do it, as I had to for my own main account)

Boethiah's Call of Champions... I believe it's on the pedestal right next to the final chest after you clear the arena.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Kolominas
    Kolominas
    Ah - thank you :) - will check it out (and trick one of my guildies into help me in the Summerset one :p )
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Undaunted Need You!" is now located behind the Impressario where the Indrik used to stand.

wsebli3zd7kt.png

is this gone again? or at another location?
    Edited by tim99 on December 29, 2020 1:26PM
  • Qethsegol
    Qethsegol
    ✭✭✭
    Good question, you are right, it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

edit: It was there during the Undaunted Festival. I am not sure if it is still available at all..
    Edited by Qethsegol on December 29, 2020 4:07PM
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    "The Undaunted Need You!" is now located behind the Impressario where the Indrik used to stand.

wsebli3zd7kt.png

I checked two of the locations I found it in and it is not there now, as the event is over :(
  • Lipizzan
    Lipizzan
    ✭✭
    After much scouring of The Reach, I am still missing

Scary Tales of the Deep Folk, Book 3

UESP website says it's found near the entrance to Blackreach: Greymoor Caverns but that's very vague and also Greymoor is Western Skyrim, not The Reach, so I'm confused

Edit: Nvm, I went wandering around Arkthzand Caverns and found the entrance, didn't realize they had connected them xD
    Edited by Lipizzan on January 1, 2021 4:20PM
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TrofoHawk wrote: »
    tim99 wrote: »

wsebli3zd7kt.png

I checked two of the locations I found it in and it is not there now, as the event is over :(

I'm missing this one too. I picked the quest up directly from the NPC during the event, not the note. Do we really have to wait for the Undaunted event next year to be able to pick it up again? I was hoping it might be near the Undaunted Enclave or somewhere else in the starter cities?
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orders from R -- Sanuarach Mine - x = .719, Y=.482, on the ground floor, on a crate

*facedesk* And the reason I couldn't find it was...

... The book being named differently ("Grey Host Orders").
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still missing "The Scaled Elves" and "Journal of Justiciar Avanaire". I have already completed the quest and missed those two. I am also missing "Sealed letter" from the dragonguard legacy quest.

Anyone know if these can be picked up now or are they still bugged?
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    I am still missing "The Scaled Elves" and "Journal of Justiciar Avanaire". I have already completed the quest and missed those two. I am also missing "Sealed letter" from the dragonguard legacy quest.

Sealed Letter is definitely bugged... it's the only one I'm missing :cry:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

You have Tome of the Undaunted too?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

Yeah, I've had that forever apparently, it's not one that I've had an issue with (even though I know that many others have)
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »

Yeah, I've had that forever apparently, it's not one that I've had an issue with (even though I know that many others have)

Huh, i see.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I just found a paper called "Missing Miners". You HAVE to read it as part of a quest... but I did not get credit for reading it. It is not in my Quest Items inventory either, so I can't "use" it from there. It's still grayed out in my eidetic memory.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray Host Communique
    When doing this quest with a friend, they read the letter and progressed the quest. I am unable to find this book again, even going into Tzinghalis's Tower with another person currently on the quest.
    To my knowledge there is no known other location for this book, any help would be appreciated!
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Uhlrich
    Uhlrich
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Well, I just found a paper called "Missing Miners". You HAVE to read it as part of a quest... but I did not get credit for reading it. It is not in my Quest Items inventory either, so I can't "use" it from there. It's still grayed out in my eidetic memory.

I had the same problem. It is still grayed out for me and was wondering if anyone knew of a post quest location for this book to try to fix it.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if in the new release we will have some fixes of the long bugged books? I mean "Sealed letters" and "Tome of the Undaunted"
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if in the new release we will have some fixes of the long bugged books? I mean "Sealed letters" and "Tome of the Undaunted"

We are always hoping... but some of these have been bugged for years, without being fixed. We won't know until either the patch notes come out and the specifically state they've been fixed, or people search and discover they were "stealth" fixed.

Either way, it's unlikely they'll be fixed in the next patch as it's a dungeon DLC, more likely it'll happen in the Chapter release around May.
  • Uhlrich
    Uhlrich
    Anyone been on pts at all and see if they fixed any of the above books? Particularly “sealed letter” or if there is a post quest location for “missing miners” yet.
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭

We are always hoping... but some of these have been bugged for years, without being fixed. We won't know until either the patch notes come out and the specifically state they've been fixed, or people search and discover they were "stealth" fixed.

Either way, it's unlikely they'll be fixed in the next patch as it's a dungeon DLC, more likely it'll happen in the Chapter release around May.

The response I got after countless tickets over the years, concerning one specific lorebook ( Tome of the Undaunted ) was: The lorebook in question (according to developers) works as intended.

So, it is intended to be broken it seems and they have no intention of fixing it nor do they really care about lore/lorebook in ESO...
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The response I got after countless tickets over the years, concerning one specific lorebook ( Tome of the Undaunted ) was: The lorebook in question (according to developers) works as intended.

So, it is intended to be broken it seems and they have no intention of fixing it nor do they really care about lore/lorebook in ESO...

Whereas Support’s answer to me on that book after numerous back-and-forths was: since you can’t get it, it’s broken, but it won’t ever be fixed.

I think all we can draw from that is Support can’t actually provide support for this question. Both the answer they gave you and the answer they gave me seem designed to shut down the ticket because they can’t provide a solution. But the fact those answers are incompatible shows that at least one of them is wrong, perhaps both, and that it’s impossible to determine the veracity of the part they agree on (that nothing will be done).
  • TrofoHawk
    TrofoHawk
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Whereas Support’s answer to me on that book after numerous back-and-forths was: since you can’t get it, it’s broken, but it won’t ever be fixed.

I think all we can draw from that is Support can’t actually provide support for this question. Both the answer they gave you and the answer they gave me seem designed to shut down the ticket because they can’t provide a solution. But the fact those answers are incompatible shows that at least one of them is wrong, perhaps both, and that it’s impossible to determine the veracity of the part they agree on (that nothing will be done).

True enough.
    But tomorrow when the Thorn Legion Motif drops in crown store, I`m back at 1 missing lorebook for full completion.
    And I have no intention of stopping to ask if they can fix it.

If only hundreds did the same, then maybe something would be done.
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    Any1 knows if there is post quest location for 'A Sky of Dusk' or if I can re-visit Evergloam?
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if “sealed letter” has been fixed? The Dragonguard prologue book, UESP says it’s available in Windhelm but doesn’t give a specific location
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmetzger93 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if “sealed letter” has been fixed? The Dragonguard prologue book, UESP says it’s available in Windhelm but doesn’t give a specific location

it's not fixed :disappointed: only one I'm missing.

I think those UESP locations are from where others picked it up and/or read it when in the crown store and thus inventory, and the add-on is interpreting it as a spawn location for the book.

I checked a variety of them listed on the UESP site and it wasn't at any of them