The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't launch game. "Patch required, please download and install" error - but no patch is available?

• geng14159
    geng14159
    ✭✭✭
    My guild was running a trial starting at 7:30. As people kept DC'ing, we had to keep adding new people to finish it. In addition to everyone DC'ing, we had multiple instances of glitches where you couldn't bar swap or abilities stopped working for a few minutes. A trial that normally takes us 20 minutes took over an hour and a half as we had to keep replacing people who left, but by the end, there was almost no one left online to pull in.

We figured out that if you installed the patch, you couldn't log in. It was only people who had been playing during the day and hadn't logged out that were still playing. I imagine the number still on at this point must be getting smaller and smaller. I was ready to do some farming (since the population would be low) but I thought I should take screenshots of the guild bank in case we lost guild history. This forced the game to crash and now I'm out of luck as well.

Nothing like a Friday night, during a free period for the game (i.e. higher population), during an event (which has had issues every other time it has been run), to push some random patch and tank everyone. Sigh.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mik195 wrote: »
    Nareya726 wrote: »
    I just wanted to get my event tickets for the day and I'd like to know if we'll be compensated for those.

I wonder if this problem is impacting all Xbox players or just some. I suspect if it is everyone, they might be more likely to do something.

in the xbox facebook group, many report the login issue, have not seen one post yet that says that login still is possible.
    So I assume all players are affected.

Those who were already logged in like me encountered it with half an hour delay, when the patch forced the game to shut down.
  • Dawgound01
    "We are currently investigating issues some players are having logging into the North American and European Xbox One megaservers. We will update as new information becomes available."

Some players? Is anyone on a Xbox able to get on?

Marcus Vindictus: Don't you know your right flank from your left flank?
    Captain Mucus: I'm sorry sir, I flunked flank.
    Marcus Vindictus: You flunked flank? Get the flunk out of here.
  • masterofpow3r
    masterofpow3r
    ✭✭
    figueroa wrote: »
    They better be compensating heavily in the near future for this abysmal performance which has now progressively worsened since Markarth dropped.

Since Northern elsewyr
  • geng14159
    geng14159
    ✭✭✭
    Dawgound01 wrote: »

Some players? Is anyone on a Xbox able to get on?

Not a single person in any of my guilds have been able to log on. If you weren't logged in before the patch was pushed, you could not log on. And once you were DC'd, there was no coming back.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for your patience, all. Just posted a full update here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/555061/
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's done. No fix until tomorrow. Releasing the patch early so maintenance tonight now.

Fantastic ZOS. Fantastic. I really wish you had competition on consoles so I could actually play an MMO I can depend on.
  • Funhammy
    Funhammy
    ✭✭
    Ok cya tomorrow
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any update? We had a 9:00 PM EST raid start time...

Everyone is frustrated. Everyone is angry.

Can you please be our voice of reason and make them fix the game before rolling out new content??? PLEASE???

The role players will get over it and still hang out in the Rift unaffected by no new content launch.

Raid teams will actually complete content in a timely fashion instead of praying to RNGeesus we won't DC, or try to hold off on killing things until everyone gets back in the instance.

PVP alone would thank you if you guys could even slightly fix their dumpster fire portion of the game.

This game is so amazing, so vast, and you can get lost for hours in the lore, the stories and the content. We can't do anything if we crash traveling, porting to our friends, or doing any sort of combat. I even crashed in my house - by myself.

We know you have to know at this point that the game is in an extremely bad state. Own it. Have the devs stop pushing content down our throat and find the root of the issues.

The random queue has been broken for how many years? I don't think its ever worked right.

You just fixed an unintended "bug" with life steal that changed all of PVE raiding that we have been doing this way since Wardens came out (Alter procs life steal and now can't proc toughness).

Somewhere, somehow, that got "fixed" but brittle is broken, so is our 3 piece sets (Siroria, False Gods, Alkosh, Olo, etc) and if we die - or more than likely wipe because our main tank DC'd, we have to then take off 3 pieces and put them back on?

I know I'm not the only one upset. Everyone is upset. I know that you probably get tagged 1M times an HOUR because you are literally the person that can possibly help us.

We are upset, frustrated, and disappointed.

Please provide the Xbox server an update so we can plan our night accordingly.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update is above
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    It's done. No fix until tomorrow. Releasing the patch early so maintenance tonight now.

Fantastic ZOS. Fantastic. I really wish you had competition on consoles so I could actually play an MMO I can depend on.

This actually kind of ends up being a better thing for Xbox users though. We get more days of this event with fixes in place compared to the other platforms that have to wait the weekend and some days in order to get fixes in.
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plan for a night without eso. Good night.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. Big oops ZOS. Pretty much pulled the rug out from under all your XBOX players tonight.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your patience, all. Just posted a full update here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/555061/

Thank you for the update. We appreciate being kept in the loop.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like Xbox players are the new guinea pigs for this patch :#
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    Looks like Xbox players are the new guinea pigs for this patch :#

I just said this to my husband. Haha
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for ruining my night with my friends. During an event. On a Friday evening. When I really wanted to de-stress.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • PoppyActually
    PoppyActually
    Soul Shriven
    Here's my take on this... the patches and fixes we've had to endure lately have only induced more and more bugs. Each day I have to reboot/restart/workaround and it's robbing the "fun". I have given up submitting bug reports because the responses are irrelevant and frankly, insulting my intelligence.
    The sounds of frustration coming through on headset is a daily scene. ZoS, I think it's time you considered compensating your loyal audience for their patience.....and I don't mean a new kitty cat non-combat pet.

Frustrated and feeling ripped off.
  • DoggedBark24
    DoggedBark24
    ✭✭
    Is there any way for those of us who weren't able to get on because of this bug if we can still get the golden box and tickets? Me personally, I just want the gold box for the opal style page and don't exactly need the tickets.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to update, we are currently planning to start maintenance to publish the patch around 12am EST tonight.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So its just a no go until after then? Why not do it now?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And does this mean Im automatically screwed on my daily rewards, the undaunted event etc? Because it seems you wont be doing anything until there is Absolutely no chance of collecting anything?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    So its just a no go until after then? Why not do it now?

We're still getting everything staged and prepped, which takes time. We are doing everything as quickly as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • KronikFlatulenz
    KronikFlatulenz
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf? You guys break the game so badly you actually need several patches to even remotely fix some of the multitude of problems and bugs you guys, yourselves, created, culminating in a huge break that completely breaks the game for xbox players and their response is "meh, dont feel like fixing it now, ill do it later"... Seriously?
  • JahneeO
    JahneeO
    ✭✭✭
    I love all the moaning. You all demanded an immediate patch for the crashing, now that there is an immediate update you’re still not happy. Go play something else for a few hours jeez.
  • SoDamnMoist
    SoDamnMoist
    Soul Shriven
    JahneeO wrote: »
    I love all the moaning. You all demanded an immediate patch for the crashing, now that there is an immediate update you’re still not happy. Go play something else for a few hours jeez.

Right! I'm happy they're patching this up now. Literally nobody should be upset right now, it's a much needed patch.
  • veroxiousvemo
    veroxiousvemo
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, Xbox NA.
    G'day! | Xbox NA CP1666
  • halucin0g3n
    halucin0g3n
    ✭✭✭✭
    6 years later and this game looks like an indie early-access on steam. Disgusting.
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    FFS me too. Zos managed to break the game even further with this "fix" for all the things the last "fix" broke.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol.. like I have said anyone paying on ESO+ on any platform needs to have reality check regarding this "online" product.

It nowdays so sad to see how the game is been handled.