Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

werewolf skill still broken after 6.2.6

• Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    UserID: @Ardan147
    Characters (possibly) affected: Elessande, Eridanthas.
    PC-NA

Don't even know for certain just how many skill points are missing.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No message at all today.

Account ID karthrag_inak, Server NA:

character : Karthrag Inak : On this character, still missing skill points and exp from morph of both werewolf ultimate and soul trap. furthermore, lost a 2nd skillpoint when leveled up soultrap and morphed it and then it reset again, back when the original patch just hit. (So this character is missing 3 skill points)

Furthermore, following characters all got erased on werewolf, with no refunded morph point, and no refunded exp (and are all missing a skill point from this) :
    Kall Reektoo
    Dralok Inor
    Kurdah Akri

And the following characters got the same treatment on soul trap - erased progress, no refunded morph (and are all missing a skill point from this) :
    Dralok Inor (so this guy is missing 2 points).
    Chun-li Inak
    Garht'rag Inak
    Driven-by-Remorse

Lastly, the following characters appear to have been refunded the exp lost and the skill point

werewolf :
    Tsar-li Inak

soul-magic:
    Noori Akri
    Edited by karthrag_inak on November 17, 2020 10:05AM
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • abaker013
    abaker013
    Soul Shriven
    I have lost multiple skill points to this issue. I chose the wrong moment to try WW skill line for the first time, huh? lol. My information is:

UserID: abaker013

Character: Kassava

Server: PC EU

I did not have a message about the skill points. All of my activity with this skill line has been within the last week to 10 days.
    Thanks for your work on this issue.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems the bug did not affect all of my characters. I have 7 werewolves, but only 3 have the bugged reset and missing skill point. I'm just adding this here in case it helps with the investigation. (I edited my first response on page 1 with the character information) I do not understand why it would be these 3 specifically. At first I thought perhaps it was a particular morph issue, like Pack Leader, but one is Berserker, so that's not it. Then I thought perhaps it was all Level 10 skill line werewolves, but some of my characters are level 10 and didn't get the bug, so its not that either.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • SkorosMindkiller
    SkorosMindkiller
    ✭✭✭
    User ID: @Sir_Twist
    Skoros Mindkiller Missing 1 (at 19/20 with 2 morphs available [transform/claws])
    Skora Mindkiller Missing 1 (at 20/20, transform is unmorphed)
    Lalandra Stormborne Missing 1 (at 20/20, transform is unmorphed)
    Annalae Erollisi Missing 1 (at 20/20, transform is unmorphed)
    Annalæ Erollisi Missing 1 (at 9/20, transform is unmorphed, 11 additional skill points can be spent [morph roar/howl/claws, 2 points each pursuit, blood rage, savage strength, call of the pack])

No messages about any refunded skill points.
    Edited by SkorosMindkiller on November 17, 2020 1:24AM
  • SkorosMindkiller
    SkorosMindkiller
    ✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    It seems the bug did not affect all of my characters. I have 7 werewolves, but only 3 have the bugged reset and missing skill point. I'm just adding this here in case it helps with the investigation. (I edited my first response on page 1 with the character information) I do not understand why it would be these 3 specifically. At first I thought perhaps it was a particular morph issue, like Pack Leader, but one is Berserker, so that's not it. Then I thought perhaps it was all Level 10 skill line werewolves, but some of my characters are level 10 and didn't get the bug, so its not that either.

Did you maybe not log on the other 4? All of mine were logged in but 1 did not do anything except log in, so did not get any XP.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did you maybe not log on the other 4? All of mine were logged in but 1 did not do anything except log in, so did not get any XP.

Since the current patch? I logged onto two of them, one of which didn't have the bug. Pre patch I logged into all characters in order to get all item sets added to my collection. So it would have made more sense for them to break then at the same time.
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!
  • SkorosMindkiller
    SkorosMindkiller
    ✭✭✭
    So that's not what affected it then. Also, Lalandra's WW infection was a "natural" from a WW in Reaper's March, so rules that factor out.
  • LINCARD1000
    LINCARD1000
    ✭✭✭
    UserID: @LINCARD1000
    Character: Lincard-One-Thousand (at 20/20, transform is unmorphed)

No skill point refunded, and I spent another at some point before the issue was fixed which I believe has also disappeared if I understand the scoring system correctly).
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the current patch? I logged onto two of them, one of which didn't have the bug. Pre patch I logged into all characters in order to get all item sets added to my collection. So it would have made more sense for them to break then at the same time.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I initially logged in all of my characters after the first patch. I noticed too that some of mine weren't broken. I realised that I don't THINK I ported or changed zones with those characters. The ones that broke had travelled somewhere. Those characters remained fine and hadn't lost their morphs or reset.
  • Novokaine
    Novokaine
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone, we're working on tracking what happened with this. To be clear, the fix only prevented from the skill from resetting and wouldn't have re-morphed your previously morphed skill.

As far as the missing skill point issue, if you are still missing skill points, please let us know your affected character, UserID, and if you play on NA or EU to aid in our investigation. Thank you!

issues with these toons, pls halp

Characters: Nova-Kaine // Shiroi'Okami // Gis // Novokaine //
    username: @novokaine
    server: NA

"Suffer Well"
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    My two WW skillpoints were refunded after reverting twice. My character under level 50 was not affected by the bug, he still retains the Berserker morph. This character also became a werewolf through a bite and I did the quest, where as my Champion character who was affected used the crown store to become a WW a while ago. Might be a clue as to determine what is causing this, I don't know.
    Edited by Kory on November 17, 2020 4:30AM
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    User ID: @Crimsonwolf666
    PC/NA
    Characters;
    Valeforus-DK: WW morph was Berserker and Soul Trap was Consuming. 2 Skill points missing.
    Asmodae-Templar: Soul Trap was Consuming. 1 Skill point missing.
    Lilith-Sorc/Vamp: Soul Trap was Consuming. 1 Skill point missing.
    Tiberium-Nightblade: Soul Trap was Consuming but didn't know at the time it was bugged. Wasted a skillpoint leveling it back up. 2 Skill points missing.
    Azazel-DK: Soul Trap to level 1, unsure if I morphed this skill but do know it wasn't at level 1. Maybe 1 Skill point missing.
    Tovac-Nightblade: Soul Trap at level 1 despite knowing some leveling happened. Unsure if I morphed this skill. Maybe 1 Skill point missing.
  • BlackKnight556
    BlackKnight556
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, we're working on tracking what happened with this. To be clear, the fix only prevented from the skill from resetting and wouldn't have re-morphed your previously morphed skill.

As far as the missing skill point issue, if you are still missing skill points, please let us know your affected character, UserID, and if you play on NA or EU to aid in our investigation. Thank you!

Hi I'm missing 2 skill points (thought the problem had been fixed earlier so I wasted another skill point on WW transformation morph) from my Character Fenrir Moonsong UserID is @BlackKnight556 and I play on the NA server.

Or do I need to open a ticket with this information?
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did anyone receive a message referencing a skill point respec when you first logged in after the patch today?

Nope. This morning I releveled and remorphed Soul Trap which had reset on one character ( PCEU, @rpa, Suihku). I've been collecting skill points with that char, no idea how many I should have. (In any case I would like to not lose a skillpoint because crafter.) Haven't touched my other chars yet after the 16th patch.

• feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭

While I haven't checked any of my werewolf characters, I have a suspicion, as to why some are affected and some not. Maybe you can check that for yours.

I think it might be related to whether the character was infected by a NPC vs by another player. And it's easy to check, because the player bitten werewolves never lose Sanies Lupinus after completing the WW quest, while NPC bitten characters do (as it should). So might be worth to check that out.
  • Waylin
    Waylin
    I have sent a ticket regarding the morph reset. I have 5 werewolf characters, 4 of which have the morph reset to basic and lost a skill point (the 5th vharacter I didn't start the ww quest yet). I'm on PC EU.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not receive a message about a skill point respec so no idea if my skill point got refunded, my Werewolf morphs still show that they're base level 1. These used to be maxed out on multiple characters.
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Probably I lost 1 skillpoint and progress of the skill for my werewolf character on PC/EU (but not on PC/NA).

UserID Alexium67, character's name Moredhelle.

P.S. My PC/NA low level werewolf weren't afflicted by this bug. She hasn't lost progress at least.

P.S.S. After some calculation I found she didn't lost any skillpoints due that bug. It was returned at some stage
    Edited by Alexium on November 19, 2020 9:02AM
  • FranklesConina
    FranklesConina
    Soul Shriven

PCEU @FranklesConina

Farathil Nightpool - loss of 1 skill point, can now morph WW ulti after 16-Nov patch but have to re-level (was previously maxed)

Conina Cohensdottir - loss of 1 skill point, WW ulti still at base level after 16-Nov patch and I cannot morph it (was previously morphed, don't think maxed though)

Failenir Nightpool - no change to WW skills/points after U28 and is still unaffected

The lack of consistency in this bug is very odd.
    Co-leader of Tamriel Women Unite on PCEU
    EU main, NA dabbler
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    feyii wrote: »

While I haven't checked any of my werewolf characters, I have a suspicion, as to why some are affected and some not. Maybe you can check that for yours.

I think it might be related to whether the character was infected by a NPC vs by another player. And it's easy to check, because the player bitten werewolves never lose Sanies Lupinus after completing the WW quest, while NPC bitten characters do (as it should). So might be worth to check that out.
    Hi @feyii :smiley: Good guess, but I don't think it's the reason. Sanies Lupinus used to have a 7 day timer, so after you were bitten you had 7 days to complete the quest to become a full werewolf. But then one update they removed the timer, causing that passive to remain in your active effects. However you could actually go and cure it to remove it, but still remain a werewolf.
    Also, all of my werewolves were bitten by players, so this can't be the reason.
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »

Hi @feyii :smiley: Good guess, but I don't think it's the reason. Sanies Lupinus used to have a 7 day timer, so after you were bitten you had 7 days to complete the quest to become a full werewolf. But then one update they removed the timer, causing that passive to remain in your active effects. However you could actually go and cure it to remove it, but still remain a werewolf.
    Also, all of my werewolves were bitten by players, so this can't be the reason.
    Yes, this how it works now. Sanies Lupinus is simply an effect that allows you to do a repeatable quest that allows you to unlock Werewolf skill line. And you can cure it too. If you will got to The priest of Mara NPC (the one that can cure WW / Vamp) if you Have Sanies Lupinus and Lycanthropy active effects - you will have 2 dialogue options. One removes Sanies Lupinus, and the other - Lycanthropy (if you want to cure yourself).

If you remove the Sanies Lupinus active effect only - you can not do that one repeatable quest, but you keep Lycanthropy active effect & Werewolf skill line.
  • cnyanes
    cnyanes
    ✭✭✭
    I also have another WW char who DID NOT lose progress in the ultimate morph. She is level 20-something so maybe only level 50 chars were affected?

She was also bitten by another player though so at least in my case it rules out the possibility of "only NPC bitten chars were spared".

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC NA @cnyanes
    Cin'onyx - Khajiit Werewolf Nightblade
    Clothe Senay - Breton Vampire Sorcerer
    Dannelen Deldúwath - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Shuzug gro-Bharg - Orsimer Templar
    Nathsandra Rivervale - Bosmer Warden
    Heals-All-Creatutres (Hest-Leel) - Argonian Templar
    Ancarion Larethion - Altmer Vampire Necromancer
    Jair Ababneh - Redguard Nightblade
    Olfina the White - Nord Werewolf Dragonknight
    Teo Moslin - Imperial Warden
  • ankerous
    ankerous
    ✭✭✭
    PCNA
    @ankerous
    character name is ankerous

I only morphed it again on one of my characters and the skill point has not been refunded.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cnyanes wrote: »
    I also have another WW char who DID NOT lose progress in the ultimate morph. She is level 20-something so maybe only level 50 chars were affected?

She was also bitten by another player though so at least in my case it rules out the possibility of "only NPC bitten chars were spared".

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    There is definitely something to it.

- My main was bitten by a special Werewolf npc/mob (long time ago, before one tamriel) - and this is how I got my Werewolf skill line on my main. And currently I am affected by this bug on this character - missing 1 skill point from WW ultii morph & it reseted to "Werewolf Transformation I" (Had to level it up again, but I am waiting with morphing the ability again).

- Also - and this is also weird - this same character also has Soul Trap with morph picked up (Consuming Trap) and it is still there, nothing was reseted.

- My other Character (Currently crafter) that has Werewolf skill line, got bitten by other player (also long time ago, but after one tamriel, after Sanies Lupinus active effect was changed to permanent from 7 days) and that character still has "Werewolf Transformation IV" (ready to be morphed) - despite me logging in on that character & changing zones during Explorer's Celebration. So, I can not tell exactly, because I never picked a WW morph on my other character - but the base ultimate progression was not reseted there.

Both Characters are max level.

If that helps
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 17, 2020 1:27PM
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone receive a message referencing a skill point respec when you first logged in after the patch today?

nope.
  • ScoutinOrbit
    ScoutinOrbit
    Soul Shriven
    PC NA

UserID: @ScoutinArbiter

Character: Arcatheos

Soul Trap skill line reset without skill point refund. I’ve taken the effort to memorise my skill points before and after the patch. There is no change and I still don’t have my 2 lost

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by ScoutinOrbit on November 20, 2020 3:19AM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to quickly update, we don't yet have a fix but are continuing to investigate today. Thanks for your patience, everyone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭

no message no point
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cnyanes wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    There is definitely something to it.

- My main was bitten by a special Werewolf npc/mob (long time ago, before one tamriel) - and this is how I got my Werewolf skill line on my main. And currently I am affected by this bug on this character - missing 1 skill point from WW ultii morph & it reseted to "Werewolf Transformation I" (Had to level it up again, but I am waiting with morphing the ability again).

- Also - and this is also weird - this same character also has Soul Trap with morph picked up (Consuming Trap) and it is still there, nothing was reseted.

- My other Character (Currently crafter) that has Werewolf skill line, got bitten by other player (also long time ago, but after one tamriel, after Sanies Lupinus active effect was changed to permanent from 7 days) and that character still has "Werewolf Transformation IV" (ready to be morphed) - despite me logging in on that character & changing zones during Explorer's Celebration. So, I can not tell exactly, because I never picked a WW morph on my other character - but the base ultimate progression was not reseted there.

Both Characters are max level.

If that helps
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This would be really interesting to find out what the link is. I have tried to investigate it further myself, but I cannot find the correlation between my 7 characters, with 3 of them bugged, 4 being fine. Maybe someone else with a detective like mind will be able to deduce a connection to them? :D INFORMATION: All characters are level 50, all were logged into after the original update that broke them. None were remorphed since. First 3 shown below have the bug and missing skill point. Rest are fine. All were bitten by players. Some pre One Tamriel, some after.

Oum8r3M.png
    Bugged, werewolf 10, no sanies.

eQoECJ0.png
    Bugged, werewolf 10, sanies present.

YXm94qh.png
    Bugged, werewolf 10, no sanies.

vH4N1GA.png
    Fine, werewolf 6, sanies present.

BklA6ef.png
    Fine, werewolf 10, no sanies.

x0Lf8L5.png
    Fine, werewolf 10, no sanies.

GwHtxM6.png
    Fine, werewolf 6, sanies present.

I thought at first there was a link between having Sanies and not having a max level werewolf. But I cannot figure it out, I don't have very good deductive skills :D
    Edited by Glaiceana on November 17, 2020 2:27PM
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!