The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

werewolf skill still broken after 6.2.6

• cnyanes
    cnyanes
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone receive a message referencing a skill point respec when you first logged in after the patch today?

Nope
    PC NA @cnyanes
    Cin'onyx - Khajiit Werewolf Nightblade
    Clothe Senay - Breton Vampire Sorcerer
    Dannelen Deldúwath - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Shuzug gro-Bharg - Orsimer Templar
    Nathsandra Rivervale - Bosmer Warden
    Heals-All-Creatutres (Hest-Leel) - Argonian Templar
    Ancarion Larethion - Altmer Vampire Necromancer
    Jair Ababneh - Redguard Nightblade
    Olfina the White - Nord Werewolf Dragonknight
    Teo Moslin - Imperial Warden
  • caelianb16_ESO
    Did anyone receive a message referencing a skill point respec when you first logged in after the patch today?

Not that i recall
  • Salociin
    Salociin
    Soul Shriven
    User: @Salociin
    Affected characters:
    Nikolaj Suvorov, (Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact) 1 skill point from Werewolf Transformation morph
    Severan Aurilius, (Necromancer, Daggerfall Covenant) 1 skill point from Soul Trap morph
    PC NA

Details: Lost only 1 skill point each, as I found out about the bug immediately and did not re-morph either of the abilities. When I logged out before 6.2.6 I had 0 skill points available/unspent on both characters, the same when I logged back in after the patch was complete. Neither ability was re-morphed either, ergo I was not refunded on either character.

I know it isn't a huge deal since it was only 1 point on each character and I know a lot of people lost a lot more, but every point still counts, especially on one of the characters I use as my crafter.

Additionally, and I'm not sure if this is connected or not, but on Nikolaj (Werewolf character), ever since Markarth dropped, whenever I use the Shrine to reset all my skill points, I notice that I still have the option "Skills: Make a donation [50 g]" for 50 gold, but selecting it and attempting to clear all skill lines does nothing. Note this is only on Nikolaj, I used the shrine to reset all skill lines on Severan and one of my other characters and it worked normally. I can only assume it's connected to the Werewolf skill tree, then, since only Nikolaj is a Werewolf. Bringing this up because I'm wondering if it has something to do with the missing skill point or Werewolf being "Broken". (And also just because it's kinda annoying, though I know it isn't as big a deal.)
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Nope.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks, everyone. We're continuing to investigate and will let you know if we need any other information.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would I check to see if my Soul Trap skillpoints were refunded? I did not think to take a screenshot before the patch.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    I would not expect the skill to have its progress reset to where it was before the bug,

ESO staff specifically said it would be.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/

"If you have lost any skill points, they will automatically be returned to your account during the maintenance for patch v5.2.6, currently scheduled for Nov 16"

Now the problem here is that ZOS have yet again not said anything useful or updated their status, or maintained any status page properly so the community has no idea
    - If it fixed most people but not all
    - If they had to push it forward to 6.2.7
    - If they just got it wrong again and didn't test anything properly - again

I guess everyone has to open a ticket until ZOS can give some kind of sensible answer as to what went wrong this time.

@Tommy_The_Gun There are even client side addons that can work out what skill points you should have (eg Urich's Skill Point Finder) so I agree entirely this is not rocket science

You don’t seem to have understood what I or ZOS have said.

I said that the skill points themselves needed to be restored, which is what ZOS also said. I said that in the part of my original post that you conveniently omitted.

In the part of my post that you did quote, I said that I did not expect skill progress (i.e. experience in that skill) to be restored, and ZOS did not mention restoring that at all. You quoted them speaking of skill points, not skill progress.

Calculating skill points owed is surely much less work than calculating xp in a skill line from before the update. Unless they already have those numbers and a script handy in case they break things like this.
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

No.
  • Salociin
    Salociin
    Soul Shriven
    How would I check to see if my Soul Trap skillpoints were refunded? I did not think to take a screenshot before the patch.

I did not take any screenshots either, but I do know that I was at 0 available/unspent skill points on both affected characters before and after the patch, where I should have gained 1 unspent skill point on each character after the patch. I've since reset all my skill points and took a screenshot of both character's skill points screen.
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I am so glad I took SS. When they reported WW bug and ZoS ignored it I took that screen shot before patch day. Then after with missing skill and point. Sucks too. Issue was reported but they went with patch anyways :(.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not receive a message about Skill Point respec.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • TheStarfighter
    TheStarfighter
    ✭✭✭
    Same here lost skill point on Soul trap skill line and nothing like a message or anything else :/

UserID: @TheStarfighter84

Character Name: Seldur Val

Server: PC/EU
    Edited by TheStarfighter on November 16, 2020 9:01PM
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are on PC you can use SpentSkillPoints and Urich's Skill Point Finder addons to calculate how many skill points did you use and compare it with how many of free skill points do you have. It's the easiest way afaik.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »

If you are on PC you can use SpentSkillPoints and Urich's Skill Point Finder addons to calculate how many skill points did you use and compare it with how many of free skill points do you have. It's the easiest way afaik.

Urich's Skill Point Finder not support last Dungeon DLC and The Reach.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Characters: Gøibniu (2 skill points), Crouches ín Shadows (1 skill point), Dances in Pyre (1 skill point)
    UserID: @Belegole
    PC NA
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Winnower

3 werewolves affected: Ate a skill point, reset to 0 xp for werewolf transformation, no refunds, no respec messages, no xp returned, very disappointing.

Character names:

Grr'Argh

Aud

Joaquin al'Ashabah

This has been super inconvenient and the timing having my 3 werewolves down is terrible, affecting my play in multiple areas of the game. So far it has been 2 weeks out of my subscription; this incident and the process moving forward will have an effect on my decision making when/if I resub.
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • DimTh
    DimTh
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone, we're working on tracking what happened with this. To be clear, the fix only prevented from the skill from resetting and wouldn't have re-morphed your previously morphed skill.

As far as the missing skill point issue, if you are still missing skill points, please let us know your affected character, UserID, and if you play on NA or EU to aid in our investigation. Thank you!

Character : Dimth

userID : @DimTh

Server : PC/EU

If i remember right i lost 3 or 4 skill points, as i did it 2 times on WW ulti and one more or 2 too
    on soul trap.

But now i have the skills ready to morph them, but i had morph them, so missing 2 more skill points,
    or i am wrong? Cause if i use 2 skills for the morphs which i had them i won't lost only the 3-4 when
    i try to morph them on the bug duration, i will have lost 5-6 skills. So, i need the 2 point skills if you don't
    give us back the skills with the morph as i had them and the other 3-4 from the bug.
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    Missing 2 skill points:

PC/NA
    @MinnesotaKid

Chars:
    Cpt. Obvious
    Spamtastic

Nothing was leveled (WW Ulti) when I logged in and there were no notifications or skill points awarded.
    MinnesotaKid

• FluffySocksBaby
    FluffySocksBaby
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I lost several skill points (unsure how many but at least 3) on my main WW before I checked to see if there was a bug.
    I am @FluffySocksBaby on the NA server, the character is Woofie Katt (previous character name Azart Redblood)
  • awe388
    awe388
    ✭✭
    I've just been waiting to respec my werewolf to vampire but don't want to do so until I get my skill point back.
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone. We're continuing to investigate and will let you know if we need any other information.

@ZOS_GinaBruno ETA on patch that will hotfix this or we stuck another two weeks?
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No
  • redsaaryn
    redsaaryn
    ✭✭

Didn't get any special message aside from the common one. Logged again a few minutes ago, still no refund of skill points

Character: Redsaaryn
    User: @redsaaryn
    Server: PC/NA
    Skillpoint lost: 3 ( werewolf 2 /soul magic 1 )
    Edited by redsaaryn on November 16, 2020 10:59PM
  • MrPowow
    MrPowow
    No message about skill point respec when I first logged in today.
    UserID: @MrPowow
    Character: Orguk Bonemarrow
    Server: PC EU
    Missing at least 1 if not 2 skill points due to the loss and repurchase of Werewolf transformation twice before learning of the bug.

i17wltt0xhda.gif
  • MrPowow
    MrPowow
    I meant the Pack Leader morph of Werewolf transformation...
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we supposed to just accept that the progress for the affected skill lines are >poof< gone?

I will not exactly enjoy leveling up Soul Trap again from scratch for several characters. Yes, it's quick enough to level the base skill to the morph point, and it's not absolutely essential for my enjoyment of the game to have the morph at max rank, but it's going to take quite some time to get it back to where it was before it was just randomly reset.

I do not appreciate being randomly robbed of character progress.
  • Torvard
    Torvard
    Soul Shriven
    Character: Torvard Orm (lost 5 skill points)
    Character: Torvard Stig (lost 1 skill points)
    UserID: @Torvard
    PC EU
    Edited by Torvard on November 16, 2020 11:57PM
  • Achasse
    Achasse
    ✭✭

No, no message saying that a point has been returned to any of my characters with werewolf skill tree.
  • Busted
    Busted
    ✭✭
    @Busted
    Smash-it Dragonfang
    PC NA
  • Torryn_Woodsrunner
    Torryn_Woodsrunner
    ✭✭✭
    Characters:
    Scion Torryn Woodsrunner
    Captain Torinthas Everrun

Problem:
    Still at base Werewolf Transformation Ultimate, no points refunded.

UserID:

@Original-Uncle.Sheo

Server:

PC/NA