Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is "Major gallop" still not fixed?

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It has been two weeks

I just logged in and it is still not effective??

I was suspicious when I didn't see it in patch notes but still hopeful

Why does this skill even exist if it will be ineffective?
  • HappyHaunt1000
    This should not be a surprise, even if it had been on the list it was unlikely to be fixed. That's a ZOS motto, and if it isn't it should be.
    I sat quietly with my own thoughts today
    Remind me to never do that again
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is still raging about the movement between Rapid and Vigor and yet Rapid hasn't worked for two weeks now, and seeing as how it still isn't fixed this morning, another two weeks at least.

In fact it hasn't even been acknowledged as broken so it may be longer than that even.

I've removed it from all my bars for now for something else.
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Everyone is still raging about the movement between Rapid and Vigor and yet Rapid hasn't worked for two weeks now, and seeing as how it still isn't fixed this morning, another two weeks at least.

In fact it hasn't even been acknowledged as broken so it may be longer than that even.

ZoS acknowledged it is broken after the Markarth update. They gave no ETA no a fix though. I still have my suspicions that this was done intentionally in order to collect some performance data while most everyone is moving 15-20% slower in Cyrodiil now. It shouldn't be this difficult for them to fix, since it is 100% reproducible.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7012014/#Comment_7012014

• majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played the PVP parts of this game on multiple characters, just to get this Skill and since Update 28 it does not work.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're still waiting for fixes on some issues from 5 years ago, so they must be behind or something.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Behind is a good term as I think this game will be come some other games spring release.
    Edited by majulook on November 16, 2020 5:51PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have my minimap with % speed overlaid 100% of the time. Unless they broke something adding the new player position API, something is very off. I am also getting the "cannot attack..." occasionally like some of the others in the bug thread.

My base horse speed now is 175% instead of 160%
    When I Sprint it is 205%
    When I pop Gallop it is 205%
    When I Sprint and Gallop it is 235%

My old max speed was ~260%.
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirming speed is definitely bugged. When I cast rapids and sprint, I take off for a second then slow back down again.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to know how they broke this mechanic. ZOS sure can find ways to break things that were not touched in the patch lol
    PC-NA
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    I played the PVP parts of this game on multiple characters, just to get this Skill and since Update 28 it does not work.

Yet another slap in the face.

Take away your skill you've earned and been enjoying for years, then force you to PvP with characters that weren't geared or CPed for it to get it back...... only to break Rapids for everybody and yet it's not even important enough to make the known issues list or be fixed in the patch.

Unbelievable!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have my minimap with % speed overlaid 100% of the time. Unless they broke something adding the new player position API, something is very off. I am also getting the "cannot attack..." occasionally like some of the others in the bug thread.

When I Sprint it is 205%

Those numbers would suggest that Major Gallop is working as intended, since it adds +30% to base speed, even on top of sprint. It must be sprint that is causing most of the loss here.

Sprint on a mount used to give +65%, iirc. That missing 35% would explain most of the gap between your old ~260% and your new 235%.

Old:
    160% base fully trained
    65% sprint
    30% major gallop
    255% total (which is close to your ~260%)

New:
    175% base fully trained (who knows where that +15% came from?)
    30% sprint
    30% major gallop
    235% total
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it on the "Known Issues" list? If not that could be the answer. Zos may not truly know about it.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, as mentioned in the other thread we are still working on a fix for this issue which is why it wasn't in today's patch. The known issues list does not include everything which is why it was not included there.
    Staff Post
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would bet $1k that this change is not a bug but was entirely intentional and just left out of the patch notes. It is along the same lines as reducing access to rapids. They want to slow us down, and they want to sell riding lessons. The official response on the very active "Give Us Back Rapids" thread was that ZOS was "happy with how the change was performing." So, yeah...

Zos has been very active with the dark patterns lately.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I keep running faster than other players move mounted. (And I'm not built for speed.)
    Edited by rpa on November 16, 2020 6:58PM
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

When I Sprint it is 205%

Those numbers would suggest that Major Gallop is working as intended, since it adds +30% to base speed, even on top of sprint. It must be sprint that is causing most of the loss here.

Sprint on a mount used to give +65%, iirc. That missing 35% would explain most of the gap between your old ~260% and your new 235%.

Old:
    160% base fully trained
    65% sprint
    30% major gallop

New:
    30% sprint
    30% major gallop
    235% total

No, the speed overlay is just finally accurate. Mounts have a base speed of 115% and sprint has always given the same speed buff as major gallop 30%.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we have to wait until November 30th for Major Gallop to even be fixed?

Now I know what I want for Christmas: Google Stadia to be discontinued.

Also, 80% of players want there to be some kind of COMPROMISE to make Rapid Maneuver more accessible. Either swap it with Siege Shield or lower the requirements to Assault 3.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, as mentioned in the other thread we are still working on a fix for this issue which is why it wasn't in today's patch. The known issues list does not include everything which is why it was not included there.

What makes this so funny is the 10 "Crown Lessons: Riding Speed" they are giving in the Daily Rewards this month, which might help players who need them but for those of us who have either paid gold or purchased these speed lessons from your Crown Store on multiple characters (I have 14 toons maxed out in all lessons) this is completely unacceptable. And what about the mount Stamina issues I and many are having @ZOS_SarahHecker? "Riding Stamina helps prevent being dismounted...." The same time the speed issue started, the issue of being completed stopped (mount gets CC'd) or knocked off your mount by the first attack by an enemy started, on characters with maxed out Riding Stamina!!

When will these issues be fixed? People paid real money for these lessons and to have these things taken away without a refund is like returning a defective toaster back to the store without getting a replacement or refund.
  • Duplomancer
    Duplomancer
    ✭✭✭
    What a kick in the teeth this bug has been. With the recent XP events I leveled up 3 characters. On one I decided that I would bite the bullet and get rapids by going into Cyro. It took a few hours, and was not even a little bit fun. So on the other two, I bought the skill line... I was focused more or less on these characters that I did not really notice that Major Gallup was bugged. While on maxed out characters it felt off, but did not know why. Now I do.

I guess everyone gets burned by ZoS sooner than later. Guess it is my time now.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    virtus753 wrote: »

When I Sprint it is 205%

Old:
    160% base fully trained
    65% sprint
    30% major gallop

New:
    30% sprint
    30% major gallop
    235% total

No, the speed overlay is just finally accurate. Mounts have a base speed of 115% and sprint has always given the same speed buff as major gallop 30%.

Ok, so base 115% + training 60% + sprint 30% + gallop 30% = 235%

But how were people then reaching higher than that with only those buffs?
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭

Two weeks and you "are still working on a fix"? Are you gonna make us wait another 2 weeks to tell us you still can't figure it out or are you planning to slowly hush it up over the coming weeks like so many problems this game has?
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I Sprint it is 205%

Yes after playing around a bit Rapids seems to work correctly but sprint while on a horse seems to be the culprit. When I sprint on a horse with Rapids active, the % does go up to 275% for just a moment, then after 1 second it falls back down to 235%, which is only 30% higher than 205% (normal walk and Rapids). Just walking on a horse is 175%.

So for some reason the game seems to lower your horse sprint speed after 1 second of sprinting.

I think the combination of sprinting and rapids at different times can make it look like Rapids is the problem, but from my testing it is actually sprinting that's the problem.
    Edited by danno8 on November 16, 2020 7:41PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS acknowledged it is broken after the Markarth update. They gave no ETA no a fix though. I still have my suspicions that this was done intentionally in order to collect some performance data while most everyone is moving 15-20% slower in Cyrodiil now. It shouldn't be this difficult for them to fix, since it is 100% reproducible.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7012014/#Comment_7012014

Thanks I missed that.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think the combination of sprinting and rapids at different times can make it look like Rapids is the problem, but from my testing it is actually sprinting that's the problem.

I wish fans could patch this game like Skyrim, like Oblivion, like Morrowind...

Edited by Cirantille on November 16, 2020 7:47PM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

I wish fans could patch this game like Skyrim, like Oblivion, like Morrowind...

Too true
    we may get some fixes and fewer additional to repeated bugs, too...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I Sprint it is 205%

Yes after playing around a bit Rapids seems to work correctly but sprint while on a horse seems to be the culprit. When I sprint on a horse with Rapids active, the % does go up to 275% for just a moment, then after 1 second it falls back down to 235%, which is only 30% higher than 205% (normal walk and Rapids). Just walking on a horse is 175%.

So for some reason the game seems to lower your horse sprint speed after 1 second of sprinting.

Has some other had an weird bug with some longer duration buffs like rapid.
    I was in Cyrodil and rapid would not refresh if it was down to 5-6 seconds left, casting still used stamina but major gallop did not updater I had to wait for it to time out and then a couple of seconds.
    Had the same issue with bound armament too, surge is not affected, this was on dummy before the patch.

On magplar dummy was not affected by elle drain, dummy had the visual but no breach effect showed up on it.
    No noticeable dps changes with it up either on a 3M or 6M dummy tested both if bugged.
    Has to test this again.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_SarahHecker just curious why known issues aren't added to your own (Admin created) known issues thread? Did marketing overule listing too many bugs in one place? Seems odd given how many are now on Community Management team (since we see less and less Gina and Jessica interacting on here).
    PC-NA
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Did marketing overule listing too many bugs in one place?

Well, considering that today's patch made one of the bugs even worse than before, that wouldn't be surprising.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As of today, all bugs on that "known issues" list are supposed to be fixed on PC.

Therefore, translation: "The Known Issues list does not list any known issues."

You'd think this couldn't get any more embarassing, and yet.
    Edited by Varana on November 16, 2020 8:44PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    As of today, all bugs on that "known issues" list are supposed to be fixed on PC.

Therefore, translation: "The Known Issues list does not list any known issues."

You'd think this couldn't get any more embarassing, and yet.
    The known bugs list in this patch is so large it can not be listed in one post because of post size limits.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.