The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it me or Major Gallop from Rapid Maneuver doesn't work after patch?

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    yes my mount seemed very slow. Is it only a visual thing??

No, it's definitely a loss of speed.

At least all of my characters get around at the same slow pace now. Might play the ones who got Rapids taken away again, since the playing field is a bit more even in Cyrodiil and I might be able to get away from and pursue enemies better.

Edited by Jaraal on November 4, 2020 6:23PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I had a different odd bug with retreating maneuvers. I seem to get the speed boost. But if I am not mounted and there's a guard very close to my reticle, I get the "you cannot attack this target because you have prevent attacking innocents option on". While I do have the option selected, I'm not clear why it would ever apply to maneuvers, which neither requires a target, or does any damage or debuff.

Same here, it shows the "Cannot attack target" message when you try to activate it while looking at someone.
    confused24.gif

• DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect this must be related to a cap on speed. All my characters have max level speed mount training. Rapids seems to do a very little speed increase now. It's clearly slower than before the update.

I think people who weren't at max (60) mount speed level might not notice the difference. But for those of us that play all max speed characters and were used to having rapids on all of them can tell the difference.
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they still haven't added it to the "known issues" list makes me suspect this was a stealth nerf to max mount speed.

One thing I noticed when the Cyrodiil loading screens were really bad is that they were more likely to happen when I was using rapids and spriting on the mount. Possible it is slightly more taxing on the server to keep up with positional updates from the client when you are moving faster. Perhaps this was intentional and another effort to "slow things down" in AvA.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that they still haven't added it to the "known issues" list makes me suspect this was a stealth nerf to max mount speed.

I think they would remain silent on the matter if so, like they are about burying Rapids further up the skill ine. But in this thread we have :
    Hey all, just confirming we are looking into these reports. Thanks for the information!

...so I don't think they would mention it if it was something they were trying to slip by us unannounced.

Edited by Jaraal on November 4, 2020 9:38PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • xAarionx
    xAarionx
    ✭✭✭
    honestly, I think from this patch, the most urgent issue is the werwolf and soul trap skill glitch and The weaving not working
    (aside from the major gamebraking issues withsome dungeons and teleporting to empt spaces)

If it means to ghet these ones fixed faster I don't mind waint a lil bit for the issue with the mount speed.
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I think they would remain silent on the matter if so, like they are about burying Rapids further up the skill ine. But in this thread we have :
    Hey all, just confirming we are looking into these reports. Thanks for the information!

...so I don't think they would mention it if it was something they were trying to slip by us unannounced.

I don't think Sarah or the other community managers are doing that either. My point is that they may not have known. When they are "looking into the reports" I'm sure that involves some escalation path to sustaining or development engineering or other technical team leads/liaisons. In most of the other bugs I've seen heavily reported from this update (both critical and trivial), the CMs have been quick to respond back with "not intended bug" (e.g. the item quality sorting). However, here we have many reports of the problem and still no confirmation that it is a bug. They have even closed other threads about this and linked back to this one. So, it's not slipping under the radar. Pretty easy to confirm all our reports too.

1. Take earlier build with 60 horse speed, activate rapids. Sprint, observe.
    2. Take current live build with 60 horse , activate rapids. Sprint, observe, comapare to above.

If this wasn't intentional on the part of the designers handling this area, then I'm suprised we haven't heard that by now.

• VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve noticed this bug as well
  • Leteney
    Leteney
    ✭✭
    Okay, so it's been few days and we've got no update since Sarah saying they're going to look into it.

It's not even on the PC Known Issues sticked post despite it getting updated several times since this situation has been reported.

I really hope it's not an intended change that got stealthily added to the game but didn't make it into patch notes.

Like, oh we've seen that you're still crying about Rapids switching places with Vigor! We will make sure it's useless now, be happy!
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm truly amazed that we're a hairline away from 2021 and we're still facing issues like this.

What a joke...

The competition out there would be laughing their heads off.
    Edited by mrfrontman on November 6, 2020 1:11PM
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still nothing new about this? Will it be fixed?
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm experiencing this bug as well.
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_SarahHecker

Hi Sara. Could you please confirm this has been acknowledged as a bug? Thank you.
  • Intha1313
    Intha1313
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was just me, whew
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was in Cyrodil today and not only is rapid much much slower, I say an 20% buff to riding speed if so much.
    Casting is is also bugged, if it was 6 or less second less left it used stamina but it did not refresh, you had to wait for it to time out then wait some seconds and then cast again.

This patch was the clearly most bugged ever
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming we're working on a fix for this issue. We don't have a date for it yet but will let you know as soon as we do.
    Staff Post
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool! While you are at it, switch it with Siege Shield or lower the requirements to Assault 2 or 3!
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming we're working on a fix for this issue. We don't have a date for it yet but will let you know as soon as we do.

Maybe you could slot Rapids to hurry you along......... oh.
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for this confirmation! Very much appreciated.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Was in Cyrodil today and not only is rapid much much slower, I say an 20% buff to riding speed if so much.
    Casting is is also bugged, if it was 6 or less second less left it used stamina but it did not refresh, you had to wait for it to time out then wait some seconds and then cast again.

This patch was the clearly most bugged ever

Reposting something I had in one of the now closed threads, I did some measurements a few days ago:
    Old post: I don't have measurements from before the patch, so I can't be precise as to how things changed. But I timed runs along a road from near Gil-Var-Delle wayshrine to near Elden Root Temple, all on a 60 mount speed character. I did each of these twice but there was not more than 1-2s variation between runs at the same condition.

Time sprinting (shift key held): 65s
    Time sprinting with rapids activated (sprint briefly released twice to refresh rapids): 56 s.
    Time not sprinting: 77s
    Time not sprinting, rapids activated: 66s.
    In both cases, it's about a 15-17% increase in actual speed, which is a lot less than I would have expected from Major Gallop's "30%" increase.
    End old post.

So yes, that's definitely in line with your 20% estimate.
    Other issues I've noted: on foot, casting rapids will force an unsheathing of weapons.
    On foot and mounted, if you have the 'prevent attacking innocents' option on, and have a relevant NPC close enough under your reticle, it will not activate. (Probably not relevant to Cyrodiil).
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RyanM I am at a loss, what has this bug to do with getting placed into a veteran dungeon when being below level 50, and thus having your queue time wasted and being stopped from queuing again immediately? Also concerns about how this will affect an upcoming event?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/552094/randoms-are-still-bugged#latest
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maythor wrote: »
    @ZOS_RyanM I am at a loss, what has this bug to do with getting placed into a veteran dungeon when being below level 50, and thus having your queue time wasted and being stopped from queuing again immediately? Also concerns about how this will affect an upcoming event?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/552094/randoms-are-still-bugged#latest

It looks like he didn't actually close that thread when he mistakenly referenced this thread as a duplicate. You're right though. These threads are not at all related. I'm guessing he accidentally clicked on the wrong thread. Or maybe he was bitten by the forum bug where the cursor position gets misaligned after mouse-wheel scroll. They still haven't address that issue at all.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only slot Rapids for Cyrodiil, and it seems even after it wears off that my riding speed (with upgrade to max 60) is much slower than my other fully upgraded mounts in PvE areas. I seem to be moving at stamina mount speed 40 or so instead.

Most of the time Rapids increases my mount speed for only 3 seconds or so before my mount slows down considerably.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mount speed is wonky without rapids too. I dug up the Wild Hunt ring and run now instead. I mount only to sneak past mobs with the Shadow Rider passive...
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    Mount speed is wonky without rapids too. I dug up the Wild Hunt ring and run now instead. I mount only to sneak past mobs with the Shadow Rider passive...

Probably the most underrated passive in the game...
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on this major issue @ZOS_SarahHecker? Its not tracked in known issues thread (along with many others).
    PC-NA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »

Maybe you could slot Rapids to hurry you along......... oh.
    Not unlocked yet, need to spend more time on forum doing PvP :)
    Rapid before Malcart
    Sx0RdC9.gif
    Rapids after
    BL82oHC.gif
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Annurang
    Annurang
    ✭✭
    It's working passively as it should on my main, but having acquired it recently on my alt it gives no major gallop at all. Plz ZoS fix T_T
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a necro post.

It’s a passive now. No need to get the skill.
  • Kane_Hart
    Kane_Hart
    ✭✭✭
    Hey I'm newer as in have not played in ages and kind forgot about the game and it's mechanics.

I trained the ability's and I have these strange Bursts of speed that taper off almost right away. Sometimes it comes and goes. Is this the bug to that passive ability or is this another feature part of the game? This when most my stamina is maxed out btw.
    PC - NA - @Kane_Hart
    Youtube Let's Play Series 2019
    Stamina Sorcerer
This discussion has been closed.