The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bug: Update 6.2.6 Witch Matron even more broken than before.

protofeckless
protofeckless
✭✭✭
ZOS, you kinda whiffed on the issue with this boss. It seems now to be a more complete progress blocker for dailies now.

Before the patch: Witch Matron doesn't recognize daily achievements. Players figure out workaround – resetting her once by taunting away from fight.
After patch: Player workaround no longer helps.
Recommendation: Make Opposite Day a company holiday for your QA devs?
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK if the Witch Matron is broken herself or if it is just the result of people trolling or not knowing what to do, but it definitely seems stupid to have a monster kill bounty that is not the main boss. They should just change the bounty to kill the Voidcaller and call it a day.
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    They may have fixed the achievement, they defiantly fixed the reset workaround people were using to get quest credit. They must be so proud.
    -Jeth
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Recommendation: Make Opposite Day a company holiday for your QA devs?

They're probably just as event fatigued as a lot of us are. :p
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ZOS team could simply log into the live servers and see for themselves the problems players are facing with obtaining the achievement and completing the daily quests. It is amazing how this did not seem to happen. ZOS needs to overhaul some of their problem investigation and resolution processes.
    Edited by LonePirate on November 16, 2020 4:53PM
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is far beyond incredible. They didn't fix the bug with the world boss at all, instead they "fixed" the workaround that helped to somewhat keep the peace among players. :(
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you really expect it to get fixed.
    They will not fix it, soon this DLC will be a ghost town... Why do you expect them waste resources to fix it, when in a month or 2 now one will play it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not logged on yet. Is this seriously not fixed?
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    So it's worse now?
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed. Worse than it was before. OP is correct.
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gotta love buggy and uncompletable dailies.

Its even better on consoles, who wont see a fix probably till next year at the rate this is going.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    Gotta love buggy and uncompletable dailies.

Its even better on consoles, who wont see a fix probably till next year at the rate this is going.

It actually is better for console if this is true because then we can maybe still do workaround
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what are you supposed to do, to complete the daily? I did this boss once, she got taunted away and we killed her and it didn't complete the quest - but when I went back there were no prisoners to free (I did that before the fight) and no one to interrupt from doing the ritual, before or after. The only thing I got was the zone achievement for clearing both bosses.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMDH, the actually made it near impossible to complete the VM dailies after the fix/no fix.

Here's what I do to workaround the problem:

Get a Void Mother daily, drop it - go to caverns and ask for a dwarven WB share.

Rinse and Repeat.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SMDH, the actually made it near impossible to complete the VM dailies after the fix/no fix.

Here's what I do to workaround the problem:

Get a Void Mother daily, drop it - go to caverns and ask for a dwarven WB share.

Rinse and Repeat.

Only thing that works atm...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can only hope they just failed the fix. But, I fear that someone at ZoS actually thinks this voidmother boss mechanic is acceptable for a public WB. If so, they really just don't have enough people left that understand how people play their game anymore. Too many devs using god powers to "test" things.
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    So what are you supposed to do, to complete the daily?

You can't.
    -Jeth
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People pick up quest
    People run to boss
    People nuke boss
    Boss doesn't drop said achievement
    People run to forums to say its broke
    People don't learn mechanics of said boss
    People repeat stage 2 to 5 skipping 4
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Updated [PARTIAL FIX] Defeating the Voidmother Elgroalif is not granting the achievement "Weaned From Darkness"

The daily quest associated with this achievement is not currently giving credit on PC
    This will be hotfixed on PC on Nov 17
    Console will receive this fix in the Dec 2 incremental patch

I guess we will see what tomorrow brings :) Hopefully the hotfix will remove the toxicity source for us all

Edited by Marcusorion1 on November 17, 2020 12:52AM
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People pick up quest
    People run to boss
    People nuke boss

What about People doing the fight for over 5 minutes, multiple times at 3am and still do not fulfil the daily quest requirements?
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've literally killed the adds for this boss for 20 minutes straight. I've never seen her summon the real boss.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've literally killed the adds for this boss for 20 minutes straight. I've never seen her summon the real boss.

Same here.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭

She is the boss. She's just bugged horribly atm.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This what I do.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    People pick up quest
    People run to boss
    People nuke boss

Please explain this MMO friendly, well designed, mechanic that's not broke.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

This what I do.

Be safe and have fun :)

May get ZOS to look at it - if no-one does the content :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    From the Known Issues thread:

Updated [PARTIAL FIX] Defeating the Voidmother Elgroalif is not granting the achievement "Weaned From Darkness"
    The daily quest associated with this achievement is not currently giving credit on PC
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭

So there’s no mechanic then? It just doesn’t work. People keep saying you have to wait to kill the boss fir some mechanic, but that seems ridiculous.

Meh, super annoying.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not working, what happened to the hotfix?
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the one area that frustrates me most about ESO and ZOS. MOST companies find such a bug and work to fix as soon as possible. Patch daily if they need to. Sure these free to play games are lacking in that department which is why they are actually bad for players while companies love them but you're technically not so perhaps stop acting like one.
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    Carl-lan wrote: »

So there’s no mechanic then? It just doesn’t work. People keep saying you have to wait to kill the boss fir some mechanic, but that seems ridiculous.

Meh, super annoying.

At this point I think people are just trolling. You're supposed to just kill it like any other WB, but it was bugged at launch. There was a work around where you taunt the boss and pull her until she resets, and then kill her to get the quest completed and the achievement, but now apparently that isn't working either. It is indeed super annoying.