The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone think werewolf is balanced in pvp?

• erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Most of the WW I come across in Cyrodill die pretty fast.
    Poison is their weakness. Once you hit them with that, they usually dont last long.
    I melted one in IC with my stam dk with skills that give poison.

Literally all the ones i see have 35k hp and 40k resists
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Most of the WW I come across in Cyrodill die pretty fast.
    Poison is their weakness. Once you hit them with that, they usually dont last long.
    I melted one in IC with my stam dk with skills that give poison.

Literally all the ones i see have 35k hp and 40k resists

Mine has 43k HP and jumps up to 60k resists. I'm pretty scary in BG's.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

Uhh - Seriously watched a pack of 8 ww farm a zerg for more than 20 minutes in GH last weekend.

Even watched them ram a door down with a zerg on them. Just kept putting the ram back up and got the door open through attrition.

You can siege with WW - you actually always could, but it was a bit harder back in the day.

Ok, WW raids might work if the pugs are stupid enough to stand in MELEE against WWs, are not using OIL AND don't use poison Proc sets :)
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1_OAKPjUHs&ab_channel=Grimhallow

Took 20 mins to farm. Literally put it on some random toon that was ww for some reason and face tanked a group of like 7 dudes for 10 mins before they gave up

Congratulations, you made a tank that needs someone else to carry your damage for you. :lol:

Yup. The guy you bring is another ww and now youre both unkillable.

Actually, Crimson is bugged, and the three sets you mentioned would also work on any other tank setup.
    Batmanna wrote: »
    Werewolf is imho overturned solo and completely broken in group. People abusing it in IC for a reason after all.
    Balance shud be discussed considering the highest potential of something, not the average performance or the low end build around it.

And here is the critical point:

I will lead my first werewolf meme raid in 3 years tomorrow in OPEN FIELD (not in IC!), and I expect it to be EXTREMELY hard, given the poison Dot Meta.

A Werewolf group on open field is laughably weak compared to a real mixed guild group. Have you ever seen 12 WW farm 40 pugs on open ground in a single battle? There is a reason for that:

No purge, limited CC break, no useful synergy dump, no ulti dump, no group healing and worst of all: the need to be in melee all the time while being perma snared. All this doesn't play a role when you can choose your fighting ground (i.e. places with a lot of LoS obstacles like IC). But when you can't, a Werewolf group is probably one of the weakest groups you can make and worlds apart from, say, a Warden group or a PetSorc raid.
    Thraben wrote: »

Uhh - Seriously watched a pack of 8 ww farm a zerg for more than 20 minutes in GH last weekend.

Even watched them ram a door down with a zerg on them. Just kept putting the ram back up and got the door open through attrition.

You can siege with WW - you actually always could, but it was a bit harder back in the day.

Ok, WW raids might work if the pugs are stupid enough to stand in MELEE against WWs, are not using OIL AND don't use poison Proc sets :)

There were 2-3 oils + multiple meatbags. Pretty sure everyone and their mother has poison proc sets right now.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've played ww during the last ic event, stuhns, eternal vigor, malacath.
    I was tanking multiple high damage stamcros and stamdens and killing them too.
    WW definetly overtuned, I think it's hard to balance it due to being limited to 1 bar.
    That being said there is no reason why it needs to have access to so many powerful buffs and debuff that most classes can't get even with 2 bars.
    I think strong buffs should be more spread between morphs to force people choose a couple they want and give up on others.
    With the changes to major/minor buffs this should the perfect time for changes.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    WW is fine. They excel in small group pack play and that is all. In fact, WW needs a buff to make stronger for solo play.
  • rogenep360
    rogenep360
    ✭✭
    Its a big carry, but what I dont usderstand is if its an infinite transformation, I see them fight for long periods of time never goin back to normal, its an ultimate but I dont see other ultimates last forever
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were 2-3 oils + multiple meatbags. Pretty sure everyone and their mother has poison proc sets right now.

Ok, I've tested it now with a WW raid:

Conclusion: We were stronger in human form when we build up Ulti and did press no other skills than Vigor and Heavy Attack- Poison Injection ;).

Also, people avoided melee like hell UNLESS they were talon spamming DKs who were wearing crimson themselves. (For beginners: This setup only works if you have clueless noobs within Crimsons' radius)

Since spamming roots is EXACTLY the right strategy against WWs, even against Crimson Wolves (just take a look at the stamina bars in those 1vsX- videos), I assume that this is a plattform/ campaign specific l2p problem.

In short: WW is fine, Crimson is not.
    Edited by Thraben on October 31, 2020 11:34AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    WW is fine. They excel in small group pack play and that is all. In fact, WW needs a buff to make stronger for solo play.

Werewolf does not need a buff for solo play. It does not. Lol
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of the issues stem from 2 things:

Zos treating werewolf as its own class, but since you only have 5 skills(no additional ultimate), they want all available skills to tick as many boxes as possible.

Thing is, its really not difficult to extend the transformation indefinetly.

If it was heavily limited then it would be okay for WW to be this ultra mega turbo god-walks-among mortals thing that it currently is.

Another thing is that the team got it into their heads that werewolfs should be able to fulfill the role of pve tank.

Thats why they added so much tankiness to werewolf.

Ofc to even use ww as a pve tank you have to sacrafice an entire 5pc set to begin with, which is why literally no one tanks with werewolf as its still way worse than literally any class.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's literally 10 skills in 5
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »

What do you think ww is missing in solo play?
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    blabafat wrote: »
    Does anyone unironically think werewolf is balanced? Major beserk, perhaps the best heal in the game (much better than templar, the healing class in this game), major brutality, you get resources back for using that heal, major defile, increase movement speed, increase return on heavy attack, increase weapon damage by a flat 18 percent, increase resistances by 10K. Much more.

Vampire, up to 30% damage reduction if you're stage 3 or higher. While being at stage 3, you have 60% less health regen, increase cost of skills by 8%, increase fire damage taken by 13%.

Vampire ulti costs 281 at stage 3. Vampire ulti costs more if you're stage 1. Werewolf costs 300. You can literally stay in werewolf for a whole bg, like 10 plus minutes. You can die as a werewolf, and you will still be werewolf. Vampire ulti lasts 20 seconds, and there are so many downsides to vampire.

I legitimately could not imagine if anyone responds to this forum post and thinks that werewolf is balanced. It has insane healing, damage, buffs, major defile, etc.

????

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Werewolf+Skills

WW is fine right now. At least I actually run into some WW's now that aren't just cannon fodder for my stamdk. But most still are.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like ive only ran into one player that has his built correctly. Insanely strong took 3v1 to bring him down. No other WW has compared tho
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    NgL ww feels less annoying now with the nerfs to maim and defile.

For the Queen bby
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blabafat wrote: »
    Does anyone unironically think werewolf is balanced? Major beserk, perhaps the best heal in the game (much better than templar, the healing class in this game), major brutality, you get resources back for using that heal, major defile, increase movement speed, increase return on heavy attack, increase weapon damage by a flat 18 percent, increase resistances by 10K. Much more.

Vampire, up to 30% damage reduction if you're stage 3 or higher. While being at stage 3, you have 60% less health regen, increase cost of skills by 8%, increase fire damage taken by 13%.

Vampire ulti costs 281 at stage 3. Vampire ulti costs more if you're stage 1. Werewolf costs 300. You can literally stay in werewolf for a whole bg, like 10 plus minutes. You can die as a werewolf, and you will still be werewolf. Vampire ulti lasts 20 seconds, and there are so many downsides to vampire.

I legitimately could not imagine if anyone responds to this forum post and thinks that werewolf is balanced. It has insane healing, damage, buffs, major defile, etc.

????

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Werewolf+Skills

I do my best to avoid fights with werewolves.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the ult is bugged and there are almost no WW in battlegrounds, yeah it's better without them honestly they are overly disruptive and not in a reflect dmg hold block potato way, they have insane pressure for how tanky they are it's basically 2h sword and board with fur and all on one bar.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    Now that the ult is bugged and there are almost no WW in battlegrounds, yeah it's better without them honestly they are overly disruptive and not in a reflect dmg hold block potato way, they have insane pressure for how tanky they are it's basically 2h sword and board with fur and all on one bar.

Werewolf.....
    Insane pressure......
    Markarth update.....

What do these 3 lines have in common?
    Nothing
    because with the nerfs to defiles werewolf has 0 pressure against the avarage-experienced player. Werewolf is now a tank with an AoE stun.