The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone think werewolf is balanced in pvp?

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poisons increase isn't that awful to a well built WW. My WW shrugs it off like anything else. Biggest hit will always have been defile, which is nerfed next patch.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just reduce the duration to that of the Goliath and it'll be fine :)
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with werewolf is mainly the duration. It should be possible to stall it out and then kill them once theyre out of it. I also think they should have to make harder decisions on what they can get. Dont nerf their healing or damage but force them to make choices between lets say defile or berserk, or breach vs resolve etc. For instance you would have to use chudan for your resistance or defile sets if you choose berserk/breach. Rn its just dumb. You get everything for absolutely no cost. Yes some1 will say”but they have just 5 abilities so they need to have multiple effects.”not a valid argument imo. Even with 12 abilities on my magicka build i cant get half of what they have for free in terms of offensive debuffs. We will have to see if the nerf to major/minor buffs helps, because for sure they’ll be affected by that a lot!
  • rogenep360
    rogenep360
    ✭✭
    Werewolf is the biggest croutch in the game along with proc sets and cloak, the same guy taking damage from multiple sources and healing through it like nothing in werewolf form would not last a single second in normal form, besides damage and healing their transformation never ends, I fought a werewolf the other day for like 15 minutes and he never went back to normal.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1_OAKPjUHs&ab_channel=Grimhallow

Took 20 mins to farm. Literally put it on some random toon that was ww for some reason and face tanked a group of like 7 dudes for 10 mins before they gave up
    Edited by erio on October 23, 2020 8:13PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »

Took 20 mins to farm. Literally put it on some random toon that was ww for some reason and face tanked a group of like 7 dudes for 10 mins before they gave up

Some things I noticed;

Your attacks are doing 1-3k damage on the DK you bully. I can tell you that's pitiful, since that toon was a PvEer (never known a PvPer to see a player in IC and just let them kill them, lmfao).

The first clip with "7 players on you!" was actually 7 absolute potatos. You weren't even able to kill the light attack bow spammer.

The issue here seems to be overperforming sets (primarily alessian which is just disgusting) synergizing with you building a purposefully tanky WW. Alessia needs a cap for hp regen, and no proc set should do 10k damage and then heal you for it.

Be honest with me. When you take those two things away, do you think this build is powerful? Is your amazing 3k howl going to drop a player with a brain? Sure, you have major defile, that's nice, but a snare placed on you will be lethal since you're not running snow treader.

I think werewolf is strong 1v1. I thin it's funny you're passing off Alessian as the reason werewolf is so stupidly broken.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations, you made a tank that needs someone else to carry your damage for you. :lol:

Edited by Qbiken on October 23, 2020 8:43PM
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Congratulations, you made a tank that needs someone else to carry your damage for you. :lol:

Yeah a tank that can spam aoe minor maim major defile and apply dots on you. And their dogs can actually body block you while being untargetable. It cannot be healthy for the game.

For the Queen bby
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1_OAKPjUHs&amp;ab_channel=Grimhallow

Yeah a tank that can spam aoe minor maim major defile and apply dots on you. And their dogs can actually body block you while being untargetable. It cannot be healthy for the game.

The direwolves haven't been able to body block for ages. Became untargetable several patches ago. And with the rework of minor/major buffs next update, those effects you mention are becoming alot less impactfull.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those stupid wolves are one of the bugged abilities that will trigger the NPC snare in PvP.
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭

The direwolves haven't been able to body block for ages. Became untargetable several patches ago. And with the rework of minor/major buffs next update, those effects you mention are becoming alot less impactfull.

Idk I have a clip of me literally being body blocked by 4 of these doggos in one of my vods and remember saying Jesus Christ I can’t even *** kill these things and they are bugging me out.

*edit I rewatched it and I think you might be right on the cannot be body blocked; looks like I wasnt blocked but I had some sort snare applying to me. Def seems buggy.
    Edited by Dunning_Kruger on October 24, 2020 2:45PM

For the Queen bby
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also want to point out the *its just a major defile debuff* argument is honestly so dumb because Major Defile was honestly so good it made reverb a mainstay for almost every stamina player that knew how to play the game or wasnt a nb before the incap nerf.

For the Queen bby
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever, WW is fine... howls running off...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Some things I noticed;

Your attacks are doing 1-3k damage on the DK you bully. I can tell you that's pitiful, since that toon was a PvEer (never known a PvPer to see a player in IC and just let them kill them, lmfao).

The first clip with "7 players on you!" was actually 7 absolute potatos. You weren't even able to kill the light attack bow spammer.

The issue here seems to be overperforming sets (primarily alessian which is just disgusting) synergizing with you building a purposefully tanky WW. Alessia needs a cap for hp regen, and no proc set should do 10k damage and then heal you for it.

Be honest with me. When you take those two things away, do you think this build is powerful? Is your amazing 3k howl going to drop a player with a brain? Sure, you have major defile, that's nice, but a snare placed on you will be lethal since you're not running snow treader.

I think werewolf is strong 1v1. I thin it's funny you're passing off Alessian as the reason werewolf is so stupidly broken.

Im not the guy in the video lol? Also how can you look at something that can face take 10 players and say its balanced? Cmon
    Edited by erio on October 24, 2020 3:48PM
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. The guy you bring is another ww and now youre both unkillable.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The heal is too strong. Make it a HOT so it cant be spammed quite as efficiently as atm, and reduce the value a smidge.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And anyone you fight who has any kind of crosshealing will still be able you outheal any noodle damage you manage to get from that build.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

I tried the build too, and made some minor adjustments after a couple of BGs to have more offense. First, I bought syvarra instead of crimson, because I didn’t want to farm it. Then I put my ww ulti on dw bar, put stam regen on all jewelry and took serpent mundus. Finally I swapped chudan for velidreth. This last one affected my survivability more than I thought, I might go back.
    It’s pure cancer. I go 15 to 25 kills and 0 to 3 deaths every BG, On a braindead gameplay. I just jump in the middle of an entire team, fear, dot and HA weave roar until they all dead. I might have to throw in a couple of heals, but only if the have high penetration. And yes, stuff dies. Its stalemate vs other tanks, but dds fall like flies.
    Seriously, 45k resists and 6.5k regen (with chudan in cyro cp, didn’t take time to check my stats in BG) is game breaking. I would hate to play vs myself.
    I guess the only thing left to do is spread the cancer. When everyone and their grandma runs either a WW or a sheer venom - venomous smite gank blade, people will grow bored and stop playing. Then, maybe ZoS will adjust. It’s sad that we need to come to that.
    XBox One - NA
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    A pretty effective counter to Werewolves is spamming CC on them. Their abilities are super expensive so if you force them to roll dodge to remove immobilize and break free from stuns, they won't have the stamina to go on the offense. I just Bombard/Streak spam Werewolves on my Stamsorc and I don't think a solo Werewolf has ever killed me. Even two Werewolves is doable for me, especially because I can actually outrun them if I have to as Stamsorc.

The 40k hp Werewolves with Engine Guardian are pretty damn hard to kill solo but they can't kill me either so it's just another stalemate match up.

I know not every class has access to easy roots/stuns but if you have poison damage and CC, Werewolves aren't a huge threat.

It’s true that their abilities are super expensive but the extra stam return you get on HA compensate it more than enough. If you get low on stam, spam some HA, wait for your “skill enhancing set” to proc, and faceroll them. The fact that they never need to go in turtle mode on their back bar more than make up for their apparent lack of damage.
    The only downside I see to WW is their lack of burst do to the absence of an ulti. This makes fights last way too long vs relatively tanky targets. You will still win the battle of attrition, but you better be patient.
    XBox One - NA
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Some things I noticed;

Im not the guy in the video lol?
    Okay
    Also how can you look at something that can face take 10 players and say its balanced? Cmon

Cause he literally didn't have the pressure to burst a cp300 light attack bow spammer. the build is a tank. An annoying tank is still a tank. He's not bursting good players in that entire video (I watched all of it).
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And anyone you fight who has any kind of crosshealing will still be able you outheal any noodle damage you manage to get from that build.

I wish
  • Batmanna
    Batmanna
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf is imho overturned solo and completely broken in group. People abusing it in IC for a reason after all.
    Balance shud be discussed considering the highest potential of something, not the average performance or the low end build around it.
    The potential of werewolf is too much, fact. Hope they are now on the radar since people are acknowleging the issue.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You see WW everywhere now, and with WW form lasting more than 10 minutes, I call that perfectly balanced...
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one option I see. Die in ww = no more werewolf form
    PvP needs more love.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah WW is finally back to a good spot. They got nerfed over the course of like 3 patches so it's been fun dusting off my Godwolf build for BG's and just racking up those points and frags.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need more werewolves down IC. Never see any ...
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the WW I come across in Cyrodill die pretty fast.
    Poison is their weakness. Once you hit them with that, they usually dont last long.
    I melted one in IC with my stam dk with skills that give poison.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Most of the WW I come across in Cyrodill die pretty fast.
    Poison is their weakness. Once you hit them with that, they usually dont last long.
    I melted one in IC with my stam dk with skills that give poison.
    Yeah, I'd have to try it myself to see how good or bad WW is. That video showed a tank. My experience against single WWs matches yours of late. I killed one on my stamsorc, which runs Poison Injection + Sheer Venom + vMA greatsword + double DOT poisons. I also have 3.5K health regen on that build myself, which IMO seems to be the counter for DOT / poison builds.

Another encounter, this time with an outright WW tank, came when my magplar had run out of food. The guy wouldn't let up, even though he did so little damage. I had time to spend 10 seconds in the menus, searching for the food I hadn't slotted on the quick bar. His health barely ever dipped from my attacks, but once I led him to my zerg, he died quickly.

I can't really square much of the fuss being raised about anything in this game anymore. The video is IMO misleading, because it does not show a "stupidly strong" character, it merely shows a tank. Have I been zerged down by WW packs in IC? Yes. Have I been zerged down in general? Yes. Can you let your WW tank stand next to an IC mini-boss? It seems you can. Could you let it stand unattended in a zerg of players? No way! There is still some skill involved in tanking people, which is why noobs like, perhaps, the guy in my example still die rather quickly.

Finally, lest you say I run a poison meta / cancer stamsorc, that's curiously not been my experience while duelling a friend. My stamsorc is relatively tanky against pressure, but not (stamblade) burst. When it comes to damage, it seems to be less potent than my stam DK, which runs a pure stat-based build (Bloodspawn, Titanborn, Coward's back bar, Wild Hunt). My DKs DOTs seem to roughly match the stamsorc's, but the DK has a far more potent - or at least easier to use / reliable - finisher in Take Flight.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, Crimson is bugged, and the three sets you mentioned would also work on any other tank setup.
    Batmanna wrote: »
    Werewolf is imho overturned solo and completely broken in group. People abusing it in IC for a reason after all.
    Balance shud be discussed considering the highest potential of something, not the average performance or the low end build around it.

And here is the critical point:

I will lead my first werewolf meme raid in 3 years tomorrow in OPEN FIELD (not in IC!), and I expect it to be EXTREMELY hard, given the poison Dot Meta.

A Werewolf group on open field is laughably weak compared to a real mixed guild group. Have you ever seen 12 WW farm 40 pugs on open ground in a single battle? There is a reason for that:

No purge, limited CC break, no useful synergy dump, no ulti dump, no group healing and worst of all: the need to be in melee all the time while being perma snared. All this doesn't play a role when you can choose your fighting ground (i.e. places with a lot of LoS obstacles like IC). But when you can't, a Werewolf group is probably one of the weakest groups you can make and worlds apart from, say, a Warden group or a PetSorc raid.
    Edited by Thraben on October 28, 2020 10:19AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

Actually, Crimson is bugged, and the three sets you mentioned would also work on any other tank setup.
    Batmanna wrote: »

And here is the critical point:

I will lead my first werewolf meme raid in 3 years tomorrow in OPEN FIELD (not in IC!), and I expect it to be EXTREMELY hard, given the poison Dot Meta.

A Werewolf group on open field is laughably weak compared to a real mixed guild group. Have you ever seen 12 WW farm 40 pugs on open ground in a single battle? There is a reason for that:

No purge, limited CC break, no useful synergy dump, no ulti dump, no group healing and worst of all: the need to be in melee all the time while being perma snared. All this doesn't play a role when you can choose your fighting ground (i.e. places with a lot of LoS obstacles like IC). But when you can't, a Werewolf group is probably one of the weakest groups you can make and worlds apart from, say, a Warden group or a PetSorc raid.

Uhh - Seriously watched a pack of 8 ww farm a zerg for more than 20 minutes in GH last weekend.

Even watched them ram a door down with a zerg on them. Just kept putting the ram back up and got the door open through attrition.