Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Biggest carry of 2020

mikey_reach
mikey_reach
✭✭✭
If im missing anything feel free to specify.Edit- this is with a discussion with cp in mind if i had to guess its proc for no cp.
Edited by mikey_reach on November 6, 2020 4:25AM

Biggest carry of 2020 235 votes

Malacath
11%
JWillCHSDomanderactoshdeviousthevilemmtaniacParasaurolophusFirstmepDr_RektarNoszetHeresyallWildRaptorXTheRedRavenTRFrozen_Heart246ThePedgeSeveN085MentalxHammerDreadDaedrothSneakersXzystsMbamber 28 votes
Werewolf
20%
deepseamk20b14_ESOMurderMostFoulIruil_ESOAstridbooksmcreadRhaegar75 JulesKraziJoeWeesacsThrasher91604Toc de MalsviDrdeath20blkjagRamiroCruzomaster_vanargandD0RID0RI240sharquezoXI_Viper_IXott_rs3mikey_reach 48 votes
Proc sets
64%
ne.ga.kurai_ESOKikazaruGninelolo_01b16_ESOblistb16_ESOSarousseKitLightningDTStormfoxHastemLADYKiLLERObsidian3deleted220701-004865AektannLinearParadoxWingFeannagIdinuseChrlynschJRManronBashev 151 votes
Heavy attack build
3%
VoidCommanderZolronSOLDIER_1stClassRokkar8Fluffy_Fr0zRDestyranTimeDazzlerVanagrand 8 votes
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    i vote proc, as the rest require actual player input to still make work.

proc sets require the least amount of player input to make work, thus they carry the hardest of the options.

though most proc build run malacath. . .but its the cherry on top.
    Edited by Wing on November 6, 2020 4:10AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf
    Wing wrote: »

proc sets require the least amount of player input to make work, thus they carry the hardest of the options.

I agree malacath can be but isn’t always top contender i place it of course for the sake of the argument my vote went for ww be because it can even make the less skilled of players unkillable and sometimes better be because its easier to only have one bar and be op than to have two bars and be op.The fact that you can die easier with a normal build with procs than with a ww at least from what ive seen is why my vote went for ww. It is fun to use though.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets

I agree malacath can be but isn’t always top contender i place it of course for the sake of the argument my vote went for ww be because it can even make the less skilled of players unkillable and sometimes better be because its easier to only have one bar and be op than to have two bars and be op.The fact that you can die easier with a normal build with procs than with a ww at least from what ive seen is why my vote went for ww. It is fun to use though.

A bad player on werewolf who can't turn that survivability into kills isn't getting carried anywhere, as it were. With procs you can actually punch above your weight.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf

A bad player on werewolf who can't turn that survivability into kills isn't getting carried anywhere, as it were. With procs you can actually punch above your weight.

Offensively yes but defensively its easier to kill someone with procs than a ww.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Werewulf with malacath and procsets
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy attack build
    No one is ready for the vatshran 2H + dolymish + malacath + explosive rebuke, petrify, DW stamDk
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Dizzy Swing spam is flying under the radar evidently ...
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Cries wrote: »
    No one is ready for the vatshran 2H + dolymish + malacath + explosive rebuke, petrify, DW stamDk

Why DW tho?
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Saubon wrote: »

Why DW tho?
    im guessing dw is op with malacath and fossilize because of the extra 15% damage done with dw passive. Or it procs dolymesh a lot easier with what he said you can pretty much piece it together with research.

Edited by mikey_reach on November 6, 2020 7:17AM
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    im guessing dw is op with malacath and fossilize because of the extra 15% damage done with dw passive. Or it procs dolymesh a lot easier with what he said you can pretty much piece it together with research.

Oh yeah, 15% dmg it is, I was living in impression it works only for DW skills

EDIT: still I'd use crimson instead of explosive rebuke, this set looks really clunky to use
    Edited by Saubon on November 6, 2020 7:28AM
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    btw. the sets Cries mentioned are proc sets, if he would kill me with it, death recap would show 3 procs and 1,5k HA dmg
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Proc sets are 100% the biggest carry. In zerg combat you don't even need to do anything special to get kill credit with procs.

The biggest problem at the moment is how they're the best option even if you don't need them. And part of what makes proc builds viable on non-zergling builds is Malacath.

Procs need to scale in a different way - Master's dual wield is, in my opinion, an example of a proc-like set that is well balanced. It adds less damage than the average proc but it does partially scale with stats (it is affected by crit chance/damage).

Fixing Malacath so light/medium builds are more viable on non-NB/Sorcs is super important too.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Dmg proc sets (that do dmg for you) in particular. I have multiple of various death recaps that are basically light attack + skill and the rests of the dmg is proc set damage (2 or 3 sets) - making procest somewhere around 70 - 80% of total dame done. Stacking "free" dmg from proc sets is also a problem imho.

Nothing wrong with non-dmg proc sets, but the one that do burst damage - do more damage than skills on a fully stamina or magicka speck ton. And you can build for health & tankyness, while still keeping high burst dmg output.

Werewolf is not that simple "to carry" you as some ppl say, as in case of WW it is group environment that does it. I mean, try to play WW solo in IC or Cyro without zerg-surfing... WW solo in PvP is extremely hard to play & often unplayable.

In group however, you can eliminate a lot of WW flaws. Mainly expensive magicka heal (used on a stamina build, so WW have to hybridize a lot to have magicka sustain), or lack of purge. In group you have support / pocket healer / heal-bot etc. All of those things are being provided by group. It is very similar to "ball-group". Organized PvP groups dont have to worry about the need for a "multi-task" build, as in a group they have pretty much permanent CC immunity, purge, heal and AOE dmg.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with non-dmg proc sets

I might agree if Engine Guardian weren't targetable

Edited by Urzigurumash on November 6, 2020 12:07PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy Swing spam is flying under the radar evidently ...

Yeah the people that don’t complain about dizzy have RMB and dodge bound too; smh nerf dizzy a 5th time way to powahful ! Buff surprise attack. It’s instant; reduces armor; stuns; and does more damage. :smile:

For the Queen bby
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Saubon wrote: »

Why DW tho?

DW HA are fast. Easier to land.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure I'll try this out once it hits Xbox, and maybe it will be OP in Cyro/IC, but in Xbox NA BGs, Doyle isn't a guaranteed proc even on a valid target (I've used it in many hundreds of BGs). Explosive Rebuke certainly sounds OP for BGs, but I'm not sold on the 2h yet - stack sets tend to be weak in BGs since you (usually) lose the stacks if you die. Granted on paper it sounds easy enough to hit max stacks before death.

Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets

Sure I'll try this out once it hits Xbox, and maybe it will be OP in Cyro/IC, but in Xbox NA BGs, Doyle isn't a guaranteed proc even on a valid target (I've used it in many hundreds of BGs). Explosive Rebuke certainly sounds OP for BGs, but I'm not sold on the 2h yet - stack sets tend to be weak in BGs since you (usually) lose the stacks if you die. Granted on paper it sounds easy enough to hit max stacks before death.

Is doyle buggy or what?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Proccsets hands down, its like ZOS puts autopilot on for ppl who pvp, "heres some free dmg for u, that cant be avoided by anyone"

The game becomes devoid of challenge and accomplishments, why bother trying to improve your gameplay...zos has given you everything on a silver platter. Proccs here and proccs there, proccs everywhere...

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gr4x7tqe.jpg
    PS5|EU
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's a loaded poll if I ever saw it lol, skill and experience isn't even on the list.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None. If I killed them, they weren't "carried" enough by anything.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Malacath is not a carry in of itself. Really cant be a carry when you're looking at 5% damage difference (without procs) and thats variable by class, Mundus and race.

While Proc sets provide easily 33% more damage than its stat based counter parts.

By definition the proc is far more a carry when evaluating opportunity cost: proc vs non proc you lose 33%; Malacath vs non Malacath about an average loss of 5%
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf
    That's a loaded poll if I ever saw it lol, skill and experience isn't even on the list.
    You want me to put skill and experience on the poll? How does that work skill and experience carries skill and experience?
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    You want me to put skill and experience on the poll? How does that work skill and experience carries skill and experience?

Being good at the game is a huge carry dude
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Not all of them! Some Proc sets are the Carry Grant of PVP. Put on a Carry Grant proc set and bump in to the peoples, just a little tap, and the peoples will swoon to death. And maybe even send you a little whisper.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    I mean; they all can be bad but mostly BECAUSE of proc sets.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf

I dont think that is how you use the term “carry”. You are good then you are good you arent using anything to carry you. Your own skill and experience doesnt not carry you it can carry someone else but not yourself.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets

I dont think that is how you use the term “carry”. You are good then you are good you arent using anything to carry you. Your own skill and experience doesnt not carry you it can carry someone else but not yourself.

No that's totally a carry. A carry is when a bad player punches above their weight because of some advantage they have access to, like you put proc sets on a bad player and they suddenly do great. Take a player who's bad, now make them good, bam, carried. It's clearly the exact same thing.

• mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf

No that's totally a carry. A carry is when a bad player punches above their weight because of some advantage they have access to, like you put proc sets on a bad player and they suddenly do great. Take a player who's bad, now make them good, bam, carried. It's clearly the exact same thing.

If a player that was once bad suddenly became good through nothing else but their own skill and experience that means they improved unless you are using the word carry as a synonym to improved.