The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Biggest carry of 2020

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    [Quoted post was removed]

Your poll options tell the whole story, i'm simply asking for clarification on the two possible motivations that stand out before i cast my vote.
    bye1.gif

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on November 7, 2020 6:12PM
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf

Your poll options tell the whole story, i'm simply asking for clarification on the two possible motivations that stand out before i cast my vote.
    bye1.gif
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.

Thank you sometimes people need this reminder.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    That's a loaded poll if I ever saw it lol, skill and experience isn't even on the list.
    You want me to put skill and experience on the poll? How does that work skill and experience carries skill and experience?

Being good at the game is a huge carry dude

I dont think that is how you use the term “carry”. You are good then you are good you arent using anything to carry you. Your own skill and experience doesnt not carry you it can carry someone else but not yourself.

No that's totally a carry. A carry is when a bad player punches above their weight because of some advantage they have access to, like you put proc sets on a bad player and they suddenly do great. Take a player who's bad, now make them good, bam, carried. It's clearly the exact same thing.

If a player that was once bad suddenly became good through nothing else but their own skill and experience that means they improved unless you are using the word carry as a synonym to improved.

I'm just goofing, the whole point of "carry" is that they didn't get there by themselves
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf
    That's a loaded poll if I ever saw it lol, skill and experience isn't even on the list.
    You want me to put skill and experience on the poll? How does that work skill and experience carries skill and experience?

Being good at the game is a huge carry dude

I dont think that is how you use the term “carry”. You are good then you are good you arent using anything to carry you. Your own skill and experience doesnt not carry you it can carry someone else but not yourself.

No that's totally a carry. A carry is when a bad player punches above their weight because of some advantage they have access to, like you put proc sets on a bad player and they suddenly do great. Take a player who's bad, now make them good, bam, carried. It's clearly the exact same thing.

If a player that was once bad suddenly became good through nothing else but their own skill and experience that means they improved unless you are using the word carry as a synonym to improved.

I'm just goofing, the whole point of "carry" is that they didn't get there by themselves

That a pretty solid perspective we all need help at some point. Sometimes you have to get gear from dungeons or accomplish something to get where you want to be hence the word carry.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Cries wrote: »
    No one is ready for the vatshran 2H + dolymish + malacath + explosive rebuke, petrify, DW stamDk

Look how much you put in to make it work, thst just tells you that it is not easy to play heavy attack builds.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    definitely proc builds, let the procs do 90% of the work for you, no need for anything else, just apply and you did your part.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    No one is ready for the vatshran 2H + dolymish + malacath + explosive rebuke, petrify, DW stamDk

Look how much you put in to make it work, thst just tells you that it is not easy to play heavy attack builds.

Thats because he refuses to take my advice and drop Doyle adding Malacath and dropping the offensive abilities and the off balance attempt.

Would be mich better to focus on rebuke and the 2h, go all out Health; switch to Warden slot Article Blast and gripping. Slot Zaan and swift traits.

All you gotta do is swing at your opponent; no CC required (though you got a few ....) And have around 50k health and 2k in each regen
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a tough one because werewolf op to but yh proc sets are a little bit more of a carry then werewolf
  • Elevenstorm
    Elevenstorm
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest Carry.... LAG
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malacath
    I would've added 35k+ hp. Seen lots of dps builds with this much and can still hit like trucks just because of malacath. Then their hp-scaling heals are ridiculous
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Problem of this pool the most Op think missing stack procsets with malacath on WW
  • KuroyukiESO
    KuroyukiESO
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf
    I meant to click proc sets but saw werewolf and the PTSD flashbacks took over. Tbh though, if they just tuned down the damage on some of these sets they would be fine.
    XboxNA/ PS4 NA/ PC NATemplar and DK all day babyI make YouTube videos: https://youtube.com/kingkurotv
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Malacath
    Surprised so many people vote for proc sets.

Without malacath the procsets are not close to as overwhelming as they are with malacath.

How will you balance proc sets for people with and without malacath unless malacath is nerfed?

25% damage increase vs not having ~30% critical hit on damage abilities is a no brainer mathematically.

10% damage increase would make more mathemtical sense then 25%.

They are peddling a whole expansion pack on the back of one grossly overpowered ring that wrecks havoc on the balance between items and destroys any possibility of good gameplay were many diffrent playstyles and builds can compete.

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sneakers wrote: »

Without malacath the procsets are not close to as overwhelming as they are with malacath.

How will you balance proc sets for people with and without malacath unless malacath is nerfed?

25% damage increase vs not having ~30% critical hit on damage abilities is a no brainer mathematically.

They are peddling a whole expansion pack on the back of one grossly overpowered ring that wrecks havoc on the balance between items and destroys any possibility of good gameplay were many diffrent playstyles and builds can compete.
    If it were a 10% damage increase yet still fully disabled critical damage, I think most people would probably ditch it in favor of either a different mythic item (ie, Ring of the Wild Hunt), completing a monster set, wearing 1x Trainee, or shuffling 5 piece sets and/or arena weapons.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing Warden in that poll.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

100% agree. Stamina Warden wins the biggest carry/training wheel 2020 competition by miles.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on November 11, 2020 6:54AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sneakers wrote: »

Malacath is not the main issue though, it just adds to the current problem. Most proc sets have far superior tooltips compared to actual skills. You dont need malacath to have oppressive offensive power through proc sets. Bgs were plagued by sheer venom, venomous smite, syvarras and unleashed terror with merciless charge. Quite a lot of these builds did not include malacath, especially those bow builds spamming snipe, poison injection and arrow spray from safe distance.

Malacath mostly compliments the high health stamden and stamcro builds, which also were obnoxious to fight. But both these classes took a decent nerf to the knee in markarth damage wise. Naturally such builds still are an issue (also those builds heavely rely on proc sets too), but i wouldnt place them as high on the issue scale as proc sets atm. Adjusting proc sets will be a good start for making bgs and no cp more fun again and also a good step towards balancing high health stamina builds.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% agree. Stamina Warden wins the biggest carry/training wheel 2020 competition by miles.
    While I lean towards proc sets being the biggest carry, simply because they're so widespread and work on basically every class (my Magicka Necromancer is pretty much 100% carried by them, since the offense is otherwise abysmal), Stamina Warden's intrinsic overpoweredness isn't far behind. It's one of the classes that can play in the current meta with 0 proc sets and still be absolutely outstanding; and when they're all proc'd up, it's downright silly.

I had one Battleground recently where myself + 2 teammates (Team-1) were trying to take Team-2's relic, and a Stamina Warden from Team-3 was also in the mix. The one player from Team-2 that was defending was pretty tanky, but mostly not an issue, the Warden on Team-3, though...He eventually killed both of my teammates, largely through Syvarra's Scales and Crimson Twilight procs, and I had to withdraw. There were numerous times he'd get low HP, but bounce right back to full in a GCD or two, which is par for the course with Stamina Warden right now. In this one extended engagement, my recount listed me as having done 242k damage to him, not counting what my teammates did. In contrast, I did 67.4k damage to the Team-2 player, who died multiple times.
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Just wait till every single one of those cookie cutter 40k+ HP, malacath + crimson "stamdens" start running Vateshran destros backbar to "make up for lost fracture on sub assault" :) Might as well alt-f4 if you're not playing one (I hardly play as it is, state of the game is poodoo).
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat team ideas in general.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Stamden should be on the list as well.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Dorkener wrote: »
    Just wait till every single one of those cookie cutter 40k+ HP, malacath + crimson "stamdens" start running Vateshran destros backbar to "make up for lost fracture on sub assault" :) Might as well alt-f4 if you're not playing one (I hardly play as it is, state of the game is poodoo).

At 40k health, a Destroy and a SnB or 2h etc...

At that point I call it a Health Warden
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Truth. Arctic Blast and Warden in general are still overtuned even after the buff rework. Necro seems to be in a more balanced place right now but time will tell.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    proc sets for sure, especially players who just build for tankiness/cost reduction, hold block, and let their 2-3 dot proc sets do the work. these procs often work well through defensive ults like shield wall or corrosive too, which makes them even cheesier. i have more respect for players who run sets that require active procs. not saying i don't run proc sets, but i certainly don't build to be as tanky as possible so that they can do everything for me, i at least take a more active role in doing damage. this means i'm squishier and die more, but it's more fun and feels more fair.
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Werewulf with malacath and procsets
    Saubon wrote: »

Why DW tho?
    im guessing dw is op with malacath and fossilize because of the extra 15% damage done with dw passive. Or it procs dolymesh a lot easier with what he said you can pretty much piece it together with research.

fossilize would proc doylemesh, 15% dw passive may increase the proc damage, although i don't think it'd be worth running dw just for that reason since the three procs + an ult should be enough damage to instagib most people.
    Edited by ecru on November 13, 2020 6:34PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    I voted proc sets because of the sheer/hunters builds being a free ride for so long, the problem isn't these individual things so much as STAMDEN WITH PROCS AND MALCACATH LOLOL
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the stamden/stamcro option? The defense of these classes is a joke and requires zero effort to stay alive under normal circumstances.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    It’s not even close.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Proc sets.
    Get rid of them and the classes will be more balanced too.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets.
    Get rid of them and the classes will be more balanced too.
    I can't agree that classes will be more balanced without proc sets, at least not in all cases. Magicka Necromancer, for example, "needs" proc sets as a crutch; the offense is abysmal without them, even if you go full glass cannon. Stamina Warden, on the other hand, could shrug at a proc set nerf and go right back to being god-tier with nothing but pure stat sets. There's a huge gulf between those two classes right now, but heavily nerfing proc sets would make the gap even larger.

That doesn't mean that none of the sets need nerfs or changes, because at least some absolutely do. But it's not like addressing proc sets will bring about anything remotely close to a level playing field.