The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Biggest carry of 2020

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    What I got from this thread and the forums as a whole is stat inflation is the culprit of it all.

It isn't, it is proc sets...
    Proc sets are the reason people are complaining about specific classes. If anything stat sets need buffing to be competitive with proc sets. Though I would just prefer they made proc sets scale with offensive stats. Then you couldn't stack health, health scaled heals wouldn't over perform. You couldn't kill players with next to no input.

Players would make more diverse builds in attempts to make a balanced build. I.e. you could wear one defensive set, one damage set(proc or stat) and do reasonable damage. Or 2 defensive and be a tank and do no damage. 2 damage sets and do a lot of damage. See what I mean?

Every complaint I read stems from proc sets over performing as I see it.

Procs are OP from the power they get from Malacath.

You take away the inflation from Malacath they'll suck.

Which brings me back to my original point, there's too much power in gear and cp.

Totally disagree, malacath is just an additive problem. The biggest issue with procs is they require no stat investment to be effective. They just are immediately strong. They should scale with offensive stats meaning you would have to put your attributes into stamina/magicka and you could only wear one proc set for it to be as effective as it is currently. They are still very strong without malacath.

Cp is irrelevant where procs are most potent which is no cp PvP.

My worry is proc sets scaling to stats is insta gib potential.

Some of the stats that can be generated via Balorgh, stealth, etc etc could make for a potentially stronger proc meta albeit a glass cannon over tank.

What kept me from slotting some proc sets on tanks in the past was the inability to trigger them.

I.e. winterborn was 6% chance on frost damage; there's no way a health tank could slot enough frost damage sources to use it; while a mag warden damage build could.

Now it's extremely easy for a build to trigger even the most powerful proc sets
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    What I got from this thread and the forums as a whole is stat inflation is the culprit of it all.

Proc sets are the reason people are complaining about specific classes. If anything stat sets need buffing to be competitive with proc sets. Though I would just prefer they made proc sets scale with offensive stats. Then you couldn't stack health, health scaled heals wouldn't over perform. You couldn't kill players with next to no input.

Players would make more diverse builds in attempts to make a balanced build. I.e. you could wear one defensive set, one damage set(proc or stat) and do reasonable damage. Or 2 defensive and be a tank and do no damage. 2 damage sets and do a lot of damage. See what I mean?

Which brings me back to my original point, there's too much power in gear and cp.

Procs are Malacath's scape goat.

Procs are more obviously busted but Malacath completely defines the current meta and would continue to define the meta if procs disappeared tomorrow.

Yep, which Malacath while a cool idea, is way to bloody strong. Just like arena weapons are cool, but they contribute way to much to stat inflation.

So does a lot of the gear and CP, which is my point. The combination of all these things are creating to much power and nulls actual input from a player.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally disagree, malacath is just an additive problem. The biggest issue with procs is they require no stat investment to be effective. They just are immediately strong. They should scale with offensive stats meaning you would have to put your attributes into stamina/magicka and you could only wear one proc set for it to be as effective as it is currently. They are still very strong without malacath.

Gear is incredibly powerful in itself, too powerful. Is also apart of what I've been saying and there wouldn't be no CP if CP wasn't a contributor to stat inflation.
  • Zoaiy
    Zoaiy
    Malacath
    Sun7dance wrote: »
    gr4x7tqe.jpg

its not that heavy armor is carry, as the problem with heavy armor comes from proc sets.
    You can afford running heavy armor because all your damage comes from procs. Otherwise a heavy armor build would see great problems in his damage
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    Zoaiy wrote: »
    Sun7dance wrote: »
    gr4x7tqe.jpg

its not that heavy armor is carry, as the problem with heavy armor comes from proc sets.
    You can afford running heavy armor because all your damage comes from procs. Otherwise a heavy armor build would see great problems in his damage

Same goes for Malacath.

Heavy armour + procs + Malacath + health scaling heal = The real carry
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets

Some of the stats that can be generated via Balorgh, stealth, etc etc could make for a potentially stronger proc meta albeit a glass cannon over tank.

What kept me from slotting some proc sets on tanks in the past was the inability to trigger them.

I.e. winterborn was 6% chance on frost damage; there's no way a health tank could slot enough frost damage sources to use it; while a mag warden damage build could.

What is suggested it wouldn't hit any harder than equivalent skill. So you would lower base damage to that of a similar skill i.e spammable, dot etc... And then it has the potential to be very strong if stats are invested. But no stronger than an equivalent skill.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets

What is suggested it wouldn't hit any harder than equivalent skill. So you would lower base damage to that of a similar skill i.e spammable, dot etc... And then it has the potential to be very strong if stats are invested. But no stronger than an equivalent skill.

If done right, I coule get behind it
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds