Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It is time for Class Change Token

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are 2 reasons why I'd use a class change token.
    1) I foolishly made my nightblade my main crafter. A long time ago when ESO first came out, I thought it would useful to have a sneaky char as a crafter so I can gather mats in more difficult places. It worked for awhile, then changes came. Now, nearly any other class would be a better fit as a crafter.
    2) In PvP, people may take a char with a high AP ranking and switch it's class from a class that's basically dead in PvP (NB, etc) to a more playable class. (anything but NB,.... lol :p ) I personally wouldn't bother but it could be a good revenue stream for ESO >:)
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on October 6, 2020 4:47PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie, swapping from DK to Nightblade would be fun.
    Edited by Eirikir on March 4, 2021 11:25PM
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that this should be a thing. I probably won't use it but it should be an option.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    when i strated playing magsorc were fun to me. Now pretty much all the skills I loved are ruined and the flying pet is ruining my immersion. Every time im doing a quest its just flapping in our faces whenever im in dialogues and when i get too annoyed i unsommon it which gimps my dps or my only class burst heal. I just want to try other classes without loosing all the progress i made on this char for 2 years. Im not gonna redo all these quests. And if i cant change my class then please make the bird not a flying pet anymore or put pet skins in the crown store or buff non pet sorc to be as good as pet sorc. all this flapping is making be go bonkers.

Good news. My non-pet sorc does WAY more damage than my pet sorc. I pull about 30k with it vs 20k with petsorc in the same gear. It's all about choosing the right skills. The only issue is the lack of burst healing but I use ward to make up for it. The only context in which you need at least 1 pet is PVP with the twilight heal.

Yep, it's all about how you build your setup. Most people just combo the wrong things together, get lackluster results, then blame the class.
  • belfong
    belfong
    ✭✭
    When I started ESO, I am not sure whether I will like this game and so I randomized my character looks and then I chose Breton (being a human look). I don't remember reading very closely on the text describing the character. As I spend two months in the game playing as a Stam-blade, I realize that Breton is what's causing me to die a lot. Looking at the Racial Class, this is suppose to be a magic user, not a blade wielding guy. Thank goodness for Race change and I made a change to Redguard, tweaked my look a bit and now, I can survive in dungeons better! I am sure there are many like me who started the game not knowing what class, race will serve and go with the initial random set up. Having a way to revert and change would be just so nice. I cannot imagine starting all over, having to research the traits, riding-level, collecting writs, etc all over again, just to try out what a Warden or a Necromancer can do. ZOS sell Necromancer in Crown Store but I can't imagine buying and starting over. We have very limited time after all.
  • wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Once i was against this, but now, well i absolutely cant grind another char through the cheeves. I will just take a 6 mo break again with cxl sub.

Its not p2w, its just pay 2 not quit.
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
  • borkiee
    borkiee
    ✭✭
    I have multiple characters I have been playing on since 2015 and such that I have done so much on already, quests, achievements, etc, and a lot of time and money that has been put into them, and many if them, especially one of my mains, I would love to class change. I ofcourse made new ones over time for specific roles and such, but some just do not work as effective as I would like them due to their class, even after countless hours of reconfiguring and experimenting and different playstyles. Rather not end up replacing them or giving them a purpose that will make them rarely played with everything I have on them, outfits, quests, ranks, and all, with an alt. Rather just pay a good sum of money to change the class, either as much as race changes or more, as long as I can play my babies the way I want without basically throwing them to the side to get dusty. :<
    bork
  • Trinket61
    Trinket61
    ✭✭
    Welp with the recent witches festival i was more than happy to finish leveling up some existing chars. Then...

I decided to change my first ever char ( a Kajiit DK) to a nord 3000 crowns
    I also wanted a high elf dk caster - extra slot 1000 crowns
    5 x experience buffs 1000 crowns

I headed to the Dolmens but always arriving last and missing out on xp
    i had to buy riding speed to keep up 3000 crowns
    it was at lvl 10 i realised that having had to restart character creation it defaulted back to warden.
    DOH! ( Homer )

another extra slot 1000 crowns
    more riding speed 3000 crowns
    TOTAL: 12000 crowns

At this point i would have given anything to simply have changed an old established character.

But as you can see there are significant financial reasons why ZOS will not implement that feature.
  • Allielieu
    Allielieu
    ✭✭✭
    2021, lets make this happen!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allielieu wrote: »

In case you missed it, @Allielieu, it's super easy these days to just level up a new character in your preferred class.

Some players have done level 1-50 in a day.

ZOS has said recently they're not interested in class change ... so the sooner players absorb that information the better.
  • borkiee
    borkiee
    ✭✭

Y e s P l z
    bork
  • Allielieu
    Allielieu
    ✭✭✭

In case you missed it, @Allielieu, it's super easy these days to just level up a new character in your preferred class.

ZOS has said recently they're not interested in class change ... so the sooner players absorb that information the better.

Totally understand your point!

I’m someone that doesn’t like to grind (I don’t even farm nodes) so a day wasted on leveling up a toon 1-50 is out of the question for me.

And 2021 is the year for change! So please ZoS lets start this year right with class change tokens ;)
  • Matherios
    Matherios
    ✭✭✭

Totally understand your point!

I’m someone that doesn’t like to grind (I don’t even farm nodes) so a day wasted on leveling up a toon 1-50 is out of the question for me.

And 2021 is the year for change! So please ZoS lets start this year right with class change tokens ;)

+
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm ready for my main to be a NB.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My money is still available zos
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of us are out of alts to make and don't want to lose achievements, quest work, lore collections, slayer progress, alliance rank and the appearance we are used to (because it is HARD to recreate a toon exactly as before since there's no way to copy/paste appearance settings or save it to load into a new toon). I have an overabundance of wardens and templars because I was into that more a couple of years ago and now I want to try necros. Class change would be perfect.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime I posted this thread, I started moving everything to my new toon... it feels like they won't be doing it, despite everyone asking for it. There's nothing, even in the datamines out there. :(
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    We just have to keep bringing it up and pestering them about this. While it may be fairly easy to re-level a new character to 50, all the crafting research and motifs and horse training and bag upgrades and achievements etc. are not so easy to get back in just a weekend of focusing on it. I recently made the hard choice of remaking one of my characters I created before Morrowind as the warden she should have always been, and... yeah it's really annoying in many ways. She just doesn't feel quite the same because she isn't 'old' she didn't have the same intro quest and hasn't gone to the same places and done the same things yet, but she does like her skills Much better! I would have much rather bought a class change token and just had to relevel those three skill lines.

Class changes may seem unnecessary to some people who approach their characters as a means to try out a build - just make another one. But... for us Character creaters, the more role-play focused players, a character's class can turn out to just not suit their personality or story very well - I mean... I think it would be cool to have one who turns over a new leaf or has a midlife crisis and goes in a completely different direction from their beginning story. I know some people are worried about everyone changing to one 'best class' but not everyone plays like that. It's not going to be EVERYONE is now a _______ (class of the month).

A friend said she thinks they're not doing it because of how when they do skill resets some players experience bugs and thinks they just haven't figured out how to do it correctly every time. *shrug* But I think I'd still be more happy having a 'broken' class change token and spend days working with customer support than not having it at all.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a class change token so that I can get into those hardcore progression groups going for trifectas. Not a lot of groups out there willing to take a templar when you have options like necro, sorc, or a zen dk. Plus, a dk would match my aesthetic much, much better.
  • BlackAxiom
    BlackAxiom
    ✭✭✭
    i vote yes for class change token
  • LtClungeX
    LtClungeX
    ✭✭✭
    nah i don't agree at all my reasons are.

you don't know the class you're changing to, leveling even grinding helps you get to grips with the new class.

what if you dont like the way the new class plays?

titles, you haven't earned them on that class, but the skins carry over. having an og class with all the achievements shows you're a vet

skill points just farm skyshards after grinding. your new class doesn't need as many skill points.

crafting, your main is still a crafter. so your alt doesn't need to be, we have shared bank space with alts

also verity is it not better to have variety?

balance changes can sometimes kill a class having a back up is a safe bet

i personally think class changing is a terrible idea, alliance change is ok if its to play with friends.

• tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd never use one, but I wouldn't have a problem with them making it available.

I know I play loads of tester characters to see what I like before I make a character, but some people have established characters that you can't really restart with without regrinding every achievement or maybe a skill they depend on got nerfed to oblivion or completely changed. Sure, some people will be constantly paying ZOS to class hop and meta chase, but people can already do that with race and alliance changes. For the vast majority of people, it's something that won't affect anyone unless it's your character.

Besides, if ZOS notices that everyone is class swapping to some meta, you know that's gonna give them a sign to nerf it.
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭

yeah leveling just character 1-50 is easy even if we will takie it for few days....

but is it able (ok I will lower requirements) to get even in few months to gain all completed hard, time eating achievs, completions, lets say 40k achiev points so not even got everything which I was gaining it all in few yeras of playing this? is it able to re-do in in 1-2 months without stress like we can lvl new character from 1 to 50lvl?

because I started playing 1 class since beta and everything I was completing, learing was on this character because it was my main, started from crafter and after all these years guess what..we can get bored of playing this single class and I would like to have some diversity from class playstyle while not loosing it all and be able to gain newer completions to collection of completions from this character

I understand there are many players altoholics who dont care to ahve everything in 1 place but there are also players who care and like to have everything in 1 place and for example not every class was able to play since release of this game when many players started playing and still play
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a few CP 1000+ alts. It's very easy to level up to 50.

The problem is never about leveling to 50, but the followings......
    Can you upgrade a PvP War Lord or above in a day?
    Can you unlock all the maps in a day?
    Can you gain all titles in a day?

(amend: typo)
    Edited by LightYagami on February 15, 2021 12:29AM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes for class change.

My everything-unlocked toon is perfect except his class and I ain't leveling another.
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a class change token would be a great addition to ESO. Anything that saves me time and means i don't have to re-do old content is good imo.
    PC EU
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS,

GIVE!

Thanks.
  • Claras
    Claras
    Soul Shriven
    Yes for class change.

I think a class change token would be great because at the beginning you can't know how you like to play and I think there should be the opportunity to commit yourself after trying it out.

You really don't know a class after a day at 50 levels, but when you have spend many many hours.

I don't like corpse characters that are only log in for crafting dailies.
    The elder scrolls series is too good for that.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do it ZoS
  • jekyto
    jekyto
    ✭✭✭
    This community amazes me with how in one thread you can find 50 opinions of how normal is the big grind in the mmo's, and in the next thread... 50 complaints of how bad is that actually

And since there are currently alot of threads with complaints how ppl were robbed and how unfair was the cp system change, tell me how fair will be against ppl who worked so hard on different toons to get the stuff they want, and suddenly everyone can have everything for a cost of a token?
    I vote NO
    Edited by jekyto on March 11, 2021 3:32PM