Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Double ap does not count towards AvA rank

• deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »
    Thanks for info guys, saves me a whole lot of trouble.

I was reluctant to participate in tests because of the generalised direction implied by testing (and destruction of templar as a viable class) but this has confirmed my decision not to participate.

The only reason to go to cyro is attributable x2 ap during testing, without it - no thanks.

Fairly selfish viewpoint. Don't get me wrong, it kinds stinks without double AP towards ranks, but isnt the reason to participate in testing for the betterment of the game we all seem to enjoy?

Selfish, maybe. My time is my time. With the helpful information provided by others in this thread I can make a very informed decision about how to spend my time - and without meaningful ap it won't be in cyrodiil testing for the destruction of my favourite class.

But, generally, selfish from the perspective of templars/healers? - absolutely not. The only 'betterment' would be to back off from these proposed changes which the tests exist simply to validate; they've already tagged aoe abilities and are just looking to justify incoming changes. From that perspective not participating seems seflless to me; judging from some other threads/comments I don't seem to alone in that view.

*shrug*

edit: Introducing the proposed new templar class.

Edited by deleted221106-002999 on September 9, 2020 6:27PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, thanks for your patience here. Wanted to confirm this wasn't intentional, and we're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can. We'll let you know when we have an ETA.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, thanks for your patience here. Wanted to confirm this wasn't intentional, and we're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can. We'll let you know when we have an ETA.
    That's great to hear. \o/

Hopefully before the weekend. But, in any case, the communication is greatly appreciated.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like an actual scam. Especially for long time players who PvP for achievements and titles like Grand Overlord. There's no point to logging in then, if as usual ZOS has given us an event that doesn't work as intended. They didn't even give a time for the fix? Just says it's not intended and hold our breath. I'll go play something else then, FF14 has a new patch day. Fix ESO, all the broken new stuff in this game & the servers please.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually find it kind of impressive that AP in regards to currency is double, but isn't counting as double towards leaderboard/rank/etc. That almost seems more difficult than not getting it turned on at all! :D
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when is this going to be fixed? Hot fix or next maintenance?
  • Justishia808
    Justishia808
    ✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

I'd also like to know if they will retroactively apply AP. I'm not counting on it by any means, but it would be nice.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I actually find it kind of impressive that AP in regards to currency is double, but isn't counting as double towards leaderboard/rank/etc. That almost seems more difficult than not getting it turned on at all! :D
    Agree, its an serious weird bug.

Now it has some parallels to XP, gear decays with combat XP but not quest XP for one.
    Enlightenment give 4x XP towards CP but don't help leveling skills and skill lines.

And its fun for people trying to level assault for Vigor.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »
    Thanks for info guys, saves me a whole lot of trouble.

I was reluctant to participate in tests because of the generalised direction implied by testing (and destruction of templar as a viable class) but this has confirmed my decision not to participate.

The only reason to go to cyro is attributable x2 ap during testing, without it - no thanks.

Fairly selfish viewpoint. Don't get me wrong, it kinds stinks without double AP towards ranks, but isnt the reason to participate in testing for the betterment of the game we all seem to enjoy?

Is it selfish to not do someone else job for nothing? ZoS need testers, they decided to use players for that. PvP changes proposed in first two test makes gameplay experience extremely unpleasant so its not like fun gameplay for many.
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix this before the weekend ZOS :(
    PC EU
  • Justishia808
    Justishia808
    ✭✭
    valkyrie93 wrote: »
    Please fix this before the weekend ZOS :(

This. Any word, Zos?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a fix that can and will be made before the close of the event, or is it affected by process that came about due to Stadia?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As usual no communication from zos
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Now it has some parallels to XP, gear decays with combat XP but not quest XP for one.
    Enlightenment give 4x XP towards CP but don't help leveling skills and skill lines.

Vigor is now free. It's Rapids people now have to grind.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »

Vigor is now free. It's Rapids people now have to grind.
    Yes you are correct.
    Drunk Khajiits are easy to confuse.
    H4r0jrZh.png
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited: Wrong link.
    As usual no communication from zos

There’s literally a post from Gina from yesterday earlier in this thread.
    Edited by virtus753 on September 10, 2020 9:47PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

We're still working on getting everything finalized. As such, it's not likely this will be fixed before the weekend. We'll update again when we have an exact date. Thanks for your patience here, everyone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MirelaUmbrella
    MirelaUmbrella
    ✭✭✭

We're still working on getting everything finalized. As such, it's not likely this will be fixed before the weekend. We'll update again when we have an exact date. Thanks for your patience here, everyone.

Is there any chance of us getting the AP we should have been awarded, added when the fix comes?
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any chance of us getting the AP we should have been awarded, added when the fix comes?

Now this would make me actually participate right now. But somehow I doubt it
    PC EU
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't know if that would be possible but maybe they can extend double ap event by a week or however many days we missed
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Doing this during an event in IC = poor planning.
    Failing the 1 perk for the event = bad management.
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this isn't fixed by tonight their stage 1 test will be a failure.
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the communication, but this is very frustrating. We are not testers, we are customers. The only reason I care about AP at all is for ranking up my alliance skills, which was, for me and for many others, the main incentive for participating. Why is this so hard that it takes so much time to fix?
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing my templar with the aoe changes was horrible and the ONLY incentive was this bonus. I will def not enter cyro til this is fixed.
  • Noggin_the_Nog
    Noggin_the_Nog
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the communication, but this is very frustrating. Why is this so hard that it takes so much time to fix?

When repairing a keep wall once, I get up to 69 AP. This then automatically adds 69 points to my PvP rank and my position in the campaign leader board. It also automatically adds 69 points/inspiration to my PvP skill line, although if I'm skill rank 10 it does not show.

When ZoS programmed this double AP event they took away the automatic link to rank, leaderboard and skill. It was deliberate. A bad error that needs fixing.
  • MKintr
    MKintr
    ✭✭✭
    why not just add the midyear-mayhem-bonus during this time? Shouldn't be so hard to do this.
  • Justishia808
    Justishia808
    ✭✭
    I appreciate the communication, but this is very frustrating. We are not testers, we are customers. The only reason I care about AP at all is for ranking up my alliance skills, which was, for me and for many others, the main incentive for participating. Why is this so hard that it takes so much time to fix?

Also, could we have any word on whether or not we'll be refunded the AP toward rank that we we were meant to receive? I'm assuming not, but it would be nice to know either way.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I see zero reason to participate in any Cyrodiil testing until this is fixed.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »

I see zero reason to participate in any Cyrodiil testing until this is fixed.

Yep, pretty much.
    Ray
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    MKintr wrote: »
    why not just add the midyear-mayhem-bonus during this time? Shouldn't be so hard to do this.

Because that would apply the bonus to IC and BGs. People would get the benefit and still avoid Cyrodiil.
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule