The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Double ap does not count towards AvA rank

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm. Ported in, went to a pretty hefty O tick, only got half towards my rank.

The pain of playing with 3 second GCDs is not worth it without double AP. Finding it hard to keep testing, even if it is for a good cause. Just saying...
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao this gives literally zero incentive to go into Cyrodiil. Unplayable combat (As a magplar main) and no x2 ap to farm for achievements.

But I thought this was the Imperial City Celebration event, not the Midyear Mayhem in Cyrodiil event?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Lmao this gives literally zero incentive to go into Cyrodiil. Unplayable combat (As a magplar main) and no x2 ap to farm for achievements.

But I thought this was the Imperial City Celebration event, not the Midyear Mayhem in Cyrodiil event?

Yes

But double ap was their way of saying

"Hey sorry we will put you through these tests, it is going to be frustrating but we give you double ap so you can participate in the tests and endure it."

But the thing is AP itself does not have huge value, except MYM items, everything else you can just buy with gold anyway

So most people's reason to go there during test time was one of the following:

-Get skill line fast
    -Level AvA rank for achievement, colours, titles etc
    -Get end campaign rewards lvl1-3 for transmutes and items

None of the above is possible because AP is not registered to any of them... :/
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

Yes

"Hey sorry we will put you through these tests, it is going to be frustrating but we give you double ap so you can participate in the tests and endure it."

But the thing is AP itself does not have huge value, except MYM items, everything else you can just buy with gold anyway

-Get skill line fast

That's cool, I guess-- except there's no mention at all of double AP being awarded anywhere in the event announcement, not as far as I can see:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58709
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes

-Get skill line fast

That's cool, I guess-- except there's no mention at all of double AP being awarded anywhere in the event announcement, not as far as I can see:

it's not for the IC event
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/544305/details-for-aoe-testing-in-cyrodiil#latest
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes

-Get skill line fast

That's the IC event.

This is the AoE test: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/544305/
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I was wondering why my progress wasn’t advancing much as my group captured keep after keep after keep. And me plodding around on my slow, Rapids-less horse, usually missing the Rapids being cast for the rest of the group because I couldn’t catch up to them. And when I reached the fight, all my skills were greyed out most of the time.

Are we having fun yet?

Yeah, rapids count as AOE too, though never been lagged or killed by ball group by being "rapid to death"

They should have thought these tests better to make a better blacklist

So you've never been run over by a ball group, that could't be slowed down, because they had several dedicated rapid spams going?

Nah, we attribute that also to the Purge spammers. Why you can never snare, immobilize, or stun them for long.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, okay, thanks! I haven't been concerned about that, so I didn't read about it, so I didn't know about it.

I know, I know... "Stop right there, criminal scum! Ignorance of the law is no excuse!" :#
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed. Add-ons show double ap gains but the official in game alliance war page shows only normal AP gains @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS trying to fix PVP and they can't even get double AP right... We're doomed.
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this won’t be fixed until tomorrow I guess?

If it requires a patch to fix, it will be at least 2 weeks. Patches need to be approved by stadia before going live.

This seems like something that would be server-side, rather than needing to be patched out to the clients.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can already pve grand overlord, keeps are giving 7k ap when they used to give 250 when people actually earned GO. Do you really need 14k going towards your next rank for taking something empty?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, why did they have to implement stadia....WHY?!

So people can play in a 3x6 cell phone screen!?
    Now we have to wait 2 weeks for any kind of fix to stupid little things that should be just hotfixed in 24 hours.

If it was the precious crown store, it would be fixed in an hour tops.
    Edited by Katahdin on September 9, 2020 1:58AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Any word from zos on this? Got a bunch of people not even touching cyrodiil unless it counts towards rank
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this intended?

Even if you get 20k tick it goes 10k towards your rank

We were hoping to level some AvA ranks for achievements, colours etc and thought we would endure this odd-feeling of changes for double ap opportunity

But since things to buy with AP is limited, this takes a lot of players' motivation to endure this new adjustments

Edit: It does not count towards leaderboards either aka lvl rewards, skill line etc

About time they did that to stop people boosting and rediculous behaviour making both the currency and AR pointless.

People will moan, but people took the ***.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abstraqt wrote: »
    Any word from zos on this? Got a bunch of people not even touching cyrodiil unless it counts towards rank

Nope

And it still isn't fixed

You think they would be quick to fix the motivation point to participate in these tests but...
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abstraqt wrote: »

Nope

And it still isn't fixed

You think they would be quick to fix the motivation point to participate in these tests but...

Yup, I just tested it again, too. Definitely not fixed. I’m not going back there until it is.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it requires a patch to fix, it will be at least 2 weeks. Patches need to be approved by stadia before going live.

This seems like something that would be server-side, rather than needing to be patched out to the clients.
    Yes sounds like an server only thing, all other double AP has also gone to level ranks.

Weird bug if you ask me, I thought they just added an *2 modifier to drops and actions.
    Yes its exceptions like survey nodes don't give 2x in zone events for one.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile I'm still getting double ap properly in ic, even though the event post didn't mention it at all.
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were too busy hand shaking and striking deals with the ppl they are now selling our personal information to, to make sure this worked properly.

Ppl who have fallen asleep behind the wheel have done better jobs at steering than whoever the booze cruise captains are behind running this game have been doing lately.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Meanwhile I'm still getting double ap properly in ic, even though the event post didn't mention it at all.

I got double gold box with daily ticket???

Did they mistakenly implemented double drop to wrong place instead

Wow

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Cirantille on September 9, 2020 11:55AM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Yes sounds like an server only thing, all other double AP has also gone to level ranks.

Weird bug if you ask me, I thought they just added an *2 modifier to drops and actions.
    Yes its exceptions like survey nodes don't give 2x in zone events for one.

I hope they will fix it today

I want to play and test it
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any news about a fix, please?
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad
    PVE : Alpha Crew Guild leader / Easy Peasy Officer

• MirelaUmbrella
    MirelaUmbrella
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any updates?

Would love to pvp tonight but not gonna bother if it's the same AP just with broken builds :D
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on this at all? Any fix in the works? Any news on whether it's intended? Is it still being looked into? Is it server side or will it need a patch in two weeks? Any update at all would be nice.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for info guys, saves me a whole lot of trouble.

I was reluctant to participate in tests because of the generalised direction implied by testing (and destruction of templar as a viable class) but this has confirmed my decision not to participate.

The only reason to go to cyro is attributable x2 ap during testing, without it - no thanks.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »

I was reluctant to participate in tests because of the generalised direction implied by testing (and destruction of templar as a viable class) but this has confirmed my decision not to participate.

The only reason to go to cyro is attributable x2 ap during testing, without it - no thanks.

Fairly selfish viewpoint. Don't get me wrong, it kinds stinks without double AP towards ranks, but isnt the reason to participate in testing for the betterment of the game we all seem to enjoy?
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭

Fairly selfish viewpoint. Don't get me wrong, it kinds stinks without double AP towards ranks, but isnt the reason to participate in testing for the betterment of the game we all seem to enjoy?

Some players may be so frustrated by the issues in the game that maybe stepping away from the game is the best option for them. But for a lot of us who continue to live in ESO despite the issues, we really need to hope this testing eventually leads to some form of improvement. I don't see an alternative to participating and hoping for the best. Status quo is just not good enough when it comes to the sate of pvp.

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some players may be so frustrated by the issues in the game that maybe stepping away from the game is the best option for them. But for a lot of us who continue to live in ESO despite the issues, we really need to hope this testing eventually leads to some form of improvement. I don't see an alternative to participating and hoping for the best. Status quo is just not good enough when it comes to the sate of pvp.

No argument here. I have been subbed pretty much since Beta. I cancelled mine recently, and PVP performance was certainly the biggest reason (although certainly not the only one). I am also someone that has been mostly a PVE player since launch. My PVE interest has waned recently, but PVP has always kept me coming back. It really is amazing when it works well, but certainly, the status quo is in no way acceptable. I will test, I will give feedback, but I wont support with my wallet any longer.

I do think they are on to something with this test, and I do believe ZOS is perfectly aware that a global cooldown like this where one skill bars casting another is not going to fly long term. Yesterday was the best performance I have seen during prime time in several years.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Man, I really wish I had known this _before_ outfitting a couple characters with PvP gear so that they could grind out Rapids. I hope they get this fixed before the weekend, or the first test is going to be kind of shot due to low participation, especially with the IC event still going.