The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Double ap does not count towards AvA rank

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is this intended?

Even if you get 20k tick it goes 10k towards your rank

We were hoping to level some AvA ranks for achievements, colours etc and thought we would endure this odd-feeling of changes for double ap opportunity

But since things to buy with AP is limited, this takes a lot of players' motivation to endure this new adjustments

Edit: It does not count towards leaderboards either aka lvl rewards, skill line etc
Edited by Cirantille on September 8, 2020 8:24PM
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    If that's intended I can see a lot of people not participating in this test, since the uses for AP are so limited, the ranking up is one of the few rewarding parts to gaining it. Hopefully this is fixed.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - is this really intended?
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abstraqt wrote: »
    If that's intended I can see a lot of people not participating in this test, since the uses for AP are so limited, the ranking up is one of the few rewarding parts to gaining it. Hopefully this is fixed.

Agreed.

It already feels really bad and slow as a magicka player, I am surprised how many things count as AOE, even the self targeted ones...

I was hoping to endure this for grinding my way to Grand overlord and I thought it would be an opportunity but... :/
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

AP offers cheap supply of PvE potions so there's an incentive for PvErs
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it count towards Leaderboard rank? Like, will I get my Tier 1 Rewards and transmute crystals twice as fast? Or will I get double AP for spending but normal AP toward Tier 1? I am Centurion rank in PvP. I have done my fair share of it and find it enjoyable in bursts, where I get in a PvP mood and do it a bunch before getting burned out and not coming back for a couple months. But I don't enjoy it enough to endure these horrific AoE changes. Now I just want to get my transmute crystals and get out.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Does it count towards Leaderboard rank? Like, will I get my Tier 1 Rewards and transmute crystals twice as fast? Or will I get double AP for spending but normal AP toward Tier 1? I am Centurion rank in PvP. I have done my fair share of it and find it enjoyable in bursts, where I get in a PvP mood and do it a bunch before getting burned out and not coming back for a couple months. But I don't enjoy it enough to endure these horrific AoE changes. Now I just want to get my transmute crystals and get out.

Nope

It does not count towards leaderboards either, just like usual you get half

I am starting to think something is seriously wrong because this should not be intended...
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

Nope

I am starting to think something is seriously wrong because this should not be intended...

Yikes. Double AP has never worked like this before, afaik. And as a templar main, the fake double AP is now not worth trying to participate in the tests because I'd basically be free AP for someone else anyway.
    Edited by heaven13 on September 8, 2020 3:01PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

Nope

Yikes. Double AP has never worked like this before, afaik. And as a templar main, the fake double AP is now not worth trying to participate in the tests because I'd basically be free AP for someone else anyway.

True

I was thinking, yeah okay, this feels very awkward and slow to play but at least can level AvA rank for achievement, colour etc but now it lost its point

Probably can grind this better/faster off test times
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given ZOS's track record, it's hard to guess if this is an oversight or intentional.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, guess I will help out with the testing waaaaay less than I intended if this is the case.

Edut: considering that AP from daily rewards counts towards your AWA ranking, this is really really dumb.
    Edited by Bucky_13 on September 8, 2020 3:13PM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given ZOS's track record, it's hard to guess if this is an oversight or intentional.

I am suspicious too, yeah.

Why should people get empty AP and why should it motivate us to play?

I mean if the point is grinding AP you can do this in off test times and get faster results, faster results that counts towards your AvA rank and leaderboard points, transmutes etc.

Combat is already awkward

Feels like card gameplay where you need to pick one skill and think which one to prioritise next
    Edited by Cirantille on September 8, 2020 3:13PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, we're looking into this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    So this won’t be fixed until tomorrow I guess?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great. In addition to doing the testing at a time when the Cyrodiil pops are already very low due to the Imperial City event, the incentive to participate in the testing wasn’t implemented correctly.

There’s no way that this week will mimic normal conditions well enough for the data to be valid, and sadly it will be used to set future direction anyway.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it requires a patch to fix, it will be at least 2 weeks. Patches need to be approved by stadia before going live.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

If it requires a patch to fix, it will be at least 2 weeks. Patches need to be approved by stadia before going live.

Rip:

Motivation to play
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering why my progress wasn’t advancing much as my group captured keep after keep after keep. And me plodding around on my slow, Rapids-less horse, usually missing the Rapids being cast for the rest of the group because I couldn’t catch up to them. And when I reached the fight, all my skills were greyed out most of the time.

Are we having fun yet?
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was wondering why my progress wasn’t advancing much as my group captured keep after keep after keep. And me plodding around on my slow, Rapids-less horse, usually missing the Rapids being cast for the rest of the group because I couldn’t catch up to them. And when I reached the fight, all my skills were greyed out most of the time.

Are we having fun yet?

Yeah, rapids count as AOE too, though never been lagged or killed by ball group by being "rapid to death"

They should have thought these tests better to make a better blacklist
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are we having fun yet?

Yeah, rapids count as AOE too, though never been lagged or killed by ball group by being "rapid to death"

They should have thought these tests better to make a better blacklist

So you've never been run over by a ball group, that could't be slowed down, because they had several dedicated rapid spams going?
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why complain? You are get double AP to buy all those great Golden Vendor items they pick out for us every week! Oh wait...
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So everyone who was hoping to jump in and get Rapids back quickly...you’ve been zos’d
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • mattiellosa
    mattiellosa
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao this gives literally zero incentive to go into Cyrodiil. Unplayable combat (As a magplar main) and no x2 ap to farm for achievements.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Probably the next biweekly incremental patch brought to you by Stadia.
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

AP offers cheap supply of PvE potions so there's an incentive for PvErs

Absolutely, that and the occasional golden item are the only way I ever spend AP, i dare say a lot of people are the same
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm only in there to get to tier 1. Looks like I'm waiting
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

2 weeks 🙈, please no
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭
    I got my Rapids on a low level toon this morning in just under an hour this morning. Whatever else this testing brings, I'll have that consolation at least. I was on AD and there was no one on and so with double AP and low pop bonus I was getting 9k per resource flip and around 25k per castle flip!

Though it was strange that not all the AP were counted for my alliance skill line increase. Sometimes it seemed to give the full amount and other times only partial. There seemed to be no fixed pattern.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    This is great. In addition to doing the testing at a time when the Cyrodiil pops are already very low due to the Imperial City event, the incentive to participate in the testing wasn’t implemented correctly.

There’s no way that this week will mimic normal conditions well enough for the data to be valid, and sadly it will be used to set future direction anyway.
    Its an skill issue like then you wipe on first trash in Fungal 1 :)
    RIP
    4huFAJ8h.png

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Sure it is, I won't be playing much even if the AP thing *is* fixed. Basically telling the devs they would have to rework every class if this is the choice in fixes.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got my Rapids on a low level toon this morning in just under an hour this morning. Whatever else this testing brings, I'll have that consolation at least. I was on AD and there was no one on and so with double AP and low pop bonus I was getting 9k per resource flip and around 25k per castle flip!

Though it was strange that not all the AP were counted for my alliance skill line increase. Sometimes it seemed to give the full amount and other times only partial. There seemed to be no fixed pattern.

Lucky you

At least counted half the times

I checked it frequently (exact numbers on AvA rank) and waited, still nada

Still half the AP registered

It is already frustrating to play in this process but not allowing players to progress through achievements, skill lines or lvl rewards is big bonus to push them out of Cyrodiil gates