The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

(BUG) Dragonknight: Ferocious Leap - range removed

• celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    GetAgrippa wrote: »
    When the IC event starts and this bug persists, Zos is going to get flooded with complaints about this. It's ridiculous there's no acknowledgement of this yet. Why not acknowledge it now? They can't just pretend it's not happening because the IC event is going to put it on everyone's radar. There are going to be a ton of new threads.

I’m hoping the silence is because they’re trying to figure out what it is before responding, though a response acknowledging it’s and issue and they’re looking for a fix would be hugely appreciated and appease most people annoyed by the no acknowledgement and no reassurance they’re attempting to fix it... all they have to do is cancel related threads if they see it necessary and post in the most popular thread their acknowledgement and reassurance a fix is In the works. Would take all of 2 minutes to write that response in that thread... I’m wondering what other severe bugs may be taking precedence over this one 🤔🙄

Posted this in another less popular thread regarding same topic so figured I’d put it here too. Frustration makes wasting time on forums easier to give in to saddly.
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Posted this in another less popular thread regarding same topic so figured I’d put it here too. Frustration makes wasting time on forums easier to give in to saddly.

I love how we are both so frustrated we're just repeating ourselves in different threads now.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the lack of communication like this that perpetuates the myth that ZOS doesn't understand their own game.

I know it isn't true, but if they don't want their community getting that impression, ZOS needs to take a more proactive approach to communicating about serious combat bugs like this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Why is communication regarding this bug not a priority?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How hard is it for anyone on the combat team or involved with fixing these bugs to post a 1-2 minute update on the situation. Peoples patience are running out ZoS.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is the lack of communication like this that perpetuates the myth that ZOS doesn't understand their own game.

I know it isn't true, but if they don't want their community getting that impression, ZOS needs to take a more proactive approach to communicating about serious combat bugs like this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Why is communication regarding this bug not a priority?

Hey this is improved communication. Just ignore it and it it will go away. I jest but this is pretty bad with event coming up and nothing from them. My guess it will broken for the entire event just like how you could not get credit for killing a boss last time.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens frequently in battlegrounds also.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the additional information, everyone. Just confirming we are still investigating this to try and determine the root cause. We'll let you know when we have an update.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • madrab73
    madrab73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stampede wasn't working for me in IC last night either
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really loving that the Imperial City event went live today and gap closers still don't work.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Fettkeewl
    Fettkeewl
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the additional information, everyone. Just confirming we are still investigating this to try and determine the root cause. We'll let you know when we have an update.

A post like this was all we were looking for! Just an confirmation that there are eyes on the issue. Thank you! :)
    Edited by Fettkeewl on September 3, 2020 5:20PM
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade Ambush skill leap is already canceled. A lot of bugs at PvP places -- Imperial City and Cyrodiil.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Really loving that the Imperial City event went live today and gap closers still don't work.

And they didn't bother acknowledging the problem at first.
    Dragon leap and ambush are broke in IC and BG's. PS4 NA
  • Eso101rus
    Eso101rus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm, stampede and invasion both intermittently not working in Imperial City.....during the first hour of an event😂😂😂, the gift that keeps on giving
  • AgentZenish
    AgentZenish
    ✭✭✭
    I got the gap closer bug using Toppling Charge. I was in IC, and not sure what happened. It was working and then it wasn't. Dying didn't fix it and ended up having to do a full relog.

Update 1:

Second time it happened was after I respawned into Memorial District. Memorial was also where I was where it happened the first time. I went through the doors to another District and it fixed itself.

Gonna try and stay out of Memorial District!

Update 2:

It's happened a few more times, and seems to be after dying and releasing to a District. Going through a door to another District consistently fixes this bug.
    Edited by AgentZenish on September 3, 2020 8:12PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to update, we're currently testing a fix for this. If everything looks good, we'll plan to get this into the next incremental patch (so not the one on Tuesday the 8th, but the one after that). Thanks for your patience, everyone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outside Amaya Lake Lodge in Vvardenfell there is a creature/insect (can't remember what it's called) that always opens with a leap/gap closer that will stun if not blocked. But since the new patch he doesn't, cause his leap is broken. I've always hated him being outside my house, but now I feel sorry for him.

Nix? Yeah I noticed too, so it's not just PVP. Tons of issues with gap closers, DKs stay on top of your head after leap, sorcs bounce around between their start and end streak position. Problems with portals also, I've walked right through the ones in the middle at Eld Angavar to my death several times. Looks like there are problems with position changes but also some separate thing going on with abilities not firing.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update, we're currently testing a fix for this. If everything looks good, we'll plan to get this into the next incremental patch (so not the one on Tuesday the 8th, but the one after that). Thanks for your patience, everyone.

How long will console suffer?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even a hot fix? For a game breaking bug while you have a PVP event where the issue is at its worst? Ridiculous.
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Cool. This reminds me of a stark contrast in the world of game development. Couple weeks ago COD: Warzone had a gun with a shotgun attachment that was 1 shotting people at close range. The community made it known and Infinity Ward patched it within 3-4 days.

Here we have ZOS, who launches a new Patch (Stonethorn). The bugs in this thread have been in since the patch. A couple weeks go by, IC event rolls up, and this gap close issue is still here and instead of fixing it within 3-4 days we're left to what...wait nearly 2 weeks for a fix?

In no way here am I trying to compare Warzone to ESO. In no way am I saying Infinity Ward is a flawless game developer...but I felt it was important to highlight this as games who care about their players make sure when something is BROKEN or borderline game-breaking they fix it in a timely manner.

I truly love the people at ZOS. I love ESO. Always have. But rolling out an IC event while DK's (for example) cant even use their main class ultimate in a PVP EVENT is absolutely unacceptable.
    Ebonheart Pact
    GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
    YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
    Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any chance at all to accelerate the fix? With the event ticking many of our builds are in rough shape :(

I understand things need to be tested but the patch cadence is rough when we're dealing with an event on a fixed duration.
  • SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.... gap closers still not working.

Areas affecting gap closer

Nobles, Memorial, Temple, Areana, Elven Gardens. Can't use any form of gap closer in those areas.
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭

The cause is due to the "safe" condition (which spawns the blue hue around you) setting gap closer range to 0 or disabling them completely. When this condition is removed (by moving out of the safe area), the state of the gap closer is not changed back to default.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had the same issue in battlegrounds. Leap doesn't work after leaving base.

My friend today had problems with stampede in Imperial City, said skill is grayed out. We went into one of the set crafting places in the districts. Went up to the balcony and got "safe zone" thing. Then when we jumped down to the district it was fixed.

But after dying and going back to safe place triggered it again.

Edit: also streak-ball of lighting is buggy too for the other players around. They see the player using it go back and forth between 2 points. I too use it but doesn't seem like that on my screen. But other sorcs are all over the place:D
    Edited by finehair on September 3, 2020 11:55PM
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    relogging seems to fix it too, but if you go back and re-enter the city from a platform you'll get the bug again.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    that terrible, it's our SIGNATURE SKILL, gap closer, regen, stun, all in one that is gone because of an obvious regression from ZOS, and even worst during one of the few PVP event of the year.

And as a QA myself ofc when I see in release note : remove range I've first things wich to check range skills...that not working anymore!!!

SHAME SHAME SHAME!

and all of that after 6 YEARS OF dev!!
  • midnight_detox
    midnight_detox
    Soul Shriven
    I'm glad it's not just me, i noticed the issue with Leap today in IC, fine overland. also with Stampede. greyed out as if i had it slotted on a bar with a bow. all other 2h skills worked fine. will have to avoid my DK's during event. anyone know if this issue affects other classes? My Stamcro was okily dokily
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

If we have to wait thru the IC Event to get the fix, then the event should be extended for every day this bug wasn’t fixed for. If that happens I’ll have no complaints at least any more on these forums for the time being...
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've been waiting for an acceptable PvP experience for YEARS. Nothing new here.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I went from IC to open world and guess what -ambush is now grey on my bar. Not only is my build wrecked IC but main server as well.
    Edited by merevie on September 4, 2020 6:34AM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great, my main is DK, also I had PvP build with 2h Maul and Stampede skill so now it's completely useless. I was patient with all these bugs and lags, but for now I think I need a little break from game because it's just too much. I'm really tired with constant dissapoitment and it's really sad beacuse I still really like game, but sometimes it's just unplayable...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton